Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#754773 Jul 8, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all parents are like that, no. Many people can't be alone, for some reason they "must" have a partner, regardless of how the kids feel about it. You're one of the few :)
Grown ups can take care of themselves, most children can't. A child's needs should come before an adults.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#754774 Jul 8, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
If course you mean legal abortion, yes?
You'll have to expand on that statement to make any sense.

Some stable somewhere

#754775 Jul 8, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he only sends a message of hate because deep down he is filled with hate, not care, IMO. He makes it quite obvious.
If a poster's words upset you or are entirely worthless to you, skip past them or play the game I play with Nano.

It's a lot of fun. Every time they write you, you don't have to read their words and you get a whole point.

A whole point!!!

Some stable somewhere

#754776 Jul 8, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Tater tots.
You guys have the strangest culture. Ever.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#754777 Jul 8, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Personal responsibility is mired in a web of social relations, including and not limited to societal inequalities, poverty, family relationships, job prospects, access to health, economic and nutritional resources.
Your culture - America - always blames the individual first and ignores the larger social, societal and socio-economic factors.
I guess it's just easier for you to blame individuals that way.
This is an area where we will see much improvement, after Christianity becomes irrelevant. It's keeping people from accepting the implications of living in a mostly deterministic universe.

Location hidden

#754778 Jul 8, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
See, another person (Aerobatty) who doesn't know me slandering/ridiculing me by suggesting that I don't have to worry about saying no to sex very often. I could do whatever I wanted and have sex whenever I wanted. I would welcome another child. However, I make the choice, each day, to not have sex and get pregnant because it is not advisable or wise at the moment and because I will not settle for less than me and my children deserve - total commitment.
That's his schtick, being an online dck. Don't take it too personally, he only does it to people who entertain thoughts of Jesus being real. ;)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#754779 Jul 8, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Grown ups can take care of themselves, most children can't. A child's needs should come before an adults.
Absosmurfly!!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#754780 Jul 8, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
You'll have to expand on that statement to make any sense.
Legal abortion. ie; abortion that's legal.

You need that expanded?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#754781 Jul 8, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
You guys have the strangest culture. Ever.
Look, we can be friends so long as you don't harp on them tater tots.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#754782 Jul 8, 2014
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly can't say that I disagree with you Rocco. I've been in some tussles with my Christian brethren over the same things you mentioned. I think that the majority of them do to be hurtful, on the contrary they want to help but don't realize what they're doing by hurting others by how they come across.
Thanks, Al. You're probably the only Christian on these threads who has never lost my respect.
I agree - some of those people have "meant" well, quite a few haven't meant well at all.

My biggest problems with either category is when they exhibit behavior that is contrary to the generally perceived "goodness" of religious folks, and you may have noticed the few posts I make are calling them out on those traits that, IMO, are contrary to what the message of Jesus was supposed to be.

One doesn't steal - from anyone. And a thief, in my eyes, that spends so much time on these threads preaching and teaching about "morality" is about as detestable as one can be.
Putting a magnifying glass to the failings of another while ignoring the giant sequoia in their own eye is pretty disgusting.

That's my chief irritant. And one doesn't "talk down" to others, which some are almost incapable of not doing. It's as if they somehow have come to believe that their God belief has somehow made them superior. They're so entrenched in their own perspective that sometimes they don't even realize they're doing it. And some are so incredibly inculcated in their fundamentalism that they cannot, and therefore will not, accept certain scientific facts. The Waaasssuuup's of the world are some of the most injurious adherents to Christianity.

I think one of the reasons I consider you to be a good study for your faith is that you still have possession of your common sense.

I'm ending now, especially given my tendency at the moment to preach myself, lol!
Best wishes to you.

R

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#754783 Jul 8, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, ok. You took it there. I was being nice. Just so you know.
First, I did not jump into the abortion argument for two reasons: a) I don't know enough about the issues and b) I do not, in any way whatsoever, respect religiously informed opinion - and that means, when I argue with you, it will be with full guns blazing.
But let's skip all that since you picked this fight.
1. Abortion is not murder. Only the uneducated who doesn't understand law or biology, or the manipulative, would say something like that.
2. Abortion is not murder. Only the lowest of low people who want to restrict women's rights and future choices would say something so vile.
3. Third, I take issue with you ignorantly believing all conceptions should be brought to term. That's outright stupidity. You are arguing for the continuation of poverty. You are arguing for women in desperate times to have no choice whatsoever but to become mothers - increasing their desperation and inability to take care of their basic needs. You basically want children to be born to poverty and misery.
Read this, know my contempt for your thoughtless, religious position oh you who have been born to a wealthy nation:
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~jdowd/scheper-hug...
4. Developed nations cannot afford any more citizens. By most population experts' calculations, we are approaching the maximum carrying capacity for the world. This means food insecurity - fisheries collapse, decreasing arable land, increased competition for economic, health and nutritional and water security. We should never restrict women's choices and force them to have children in already difficult economic times that will very likely only worsen.
Here, the free version. He's updated it since:
http://faculty.washington.edu/jhannah/geog270...
And I was admitting my error in what I wrote.

a & b. I do know enough about the issues and I do not care what you respect. I respect all ideas, views and opinions, as long as they are respectfully given. Hence, why I do not respect many here. Sorry, I didn't see any guns.:)

I didn't pick any fight. I merely gave my views and ideas. You do know that I have a right to do that, don't you? Also, I did it respectfully, thank you very much and you are welcome.

1, 2, 3, & 4. Abortion is murder, except in the most drastic, dire cases. It isn't a restriction of women's rights. Women have the right to not have sex or to use protection, if they don't want a child. If they choose to have sex/use protection and get pregnant, then they have an obligation to raise that child or give it up for adoption, IMO. No, I am arguing that everyone should accept responsibility for their own choices and actions. Don't want to get pregnant, don't take that chance. Be responsible. If you don't want a child, don't take that chance. It really is that simple.

5. I don't click on links, for the most part. So, your links were useless to me. I only click on limited links of people that I have talked to for a while and know I can trust. I don't know you so don't know whether I can trust your links or not.

6. Have a lovely day filled with love, peace, joy, and happiness. Rainbows and butterflies.

Location hidden

#754785 Jul 8, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
Talk about genocide, get us all together with a gallon of blackberry moonshine and watch the blood flow, hahaha! YEEHAA, MF'ERS!!
Good luck with that. I'm a sleepy kitty, happy kitty drunk.

feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#754786 Jul 8, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Murder is a legal term, medical abortion performed legally is legal, therefore not murder. It really does not matter how hard you stomp your foot.
I am assuming from your post that you are American. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, America is a democrat country. I am afraid that if you want to continue to live in harmony with a democratic country you need to abide by the laws of that democratic country.
If you don’t like those laws you have the right to vote or move to a country were abortion is illegal and therefore classed as murder... Ireland perhaps, or North Korea, maybe one of the Sharia Islamic countries.
You can't have a rational debate with a closed minded fundies like Joyous. She just wants to puke her precious beliefs and can't be swayed by facts, common sense or reality.

Some stable somewhere

#754787 Jul 8, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an area where we will see much improvement, after Christianity becomes irrelevant. It's keeping people from accepting the implications of living in a mostly deterministic universe.
Yatta!
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#754788 Jul 8, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
I am and have been being direct. Not sugar-coating, just being kind like the person that I am. I can separate my kindness and my responses to evil jerks within the same post.
Butterflies and rainbows, Curious.
OMG, get of your high horse you pathetic, arrogant, snob.

Some stable somewhere

#754789 Jul 8, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Legal abortion. ie; abortion that's legal.
You need that expanded?
Yes, actually I do. I'm not sure why you brought it up, it's relevance to my post or why you felt it was important enough to bring up in 2 sentences.

You want a 2 sentence answer?

Ok, ready?

Yeah. That.

Some stable somewhere

#754790 Jul 8, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, we can be friends so long as you don't harp on them tater tots.
Uh...I...uhm...don't actually know what a "tater tot" is. Is that some kind of potato-alligator child?

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#754791 Jul 8, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Condoms.
Condoms aren't full-proof. They can break or have a hole in them. Nothing but abstinence is full-proof.

Abstinence and responsibility until complete and total commitment. Responsibility or adoption otherwise.:)
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#754792 Jul 8, 2014
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
*dont do it to be hurtful...
I was able to intuit what you meant, lol!

Location hidden

#754793 Jul 8, 2014
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>It sanctioned rape; didn't prevent it. Why are Christians so morally reprehensible?
You think rape is a preventable crime? All a person can do is deal with the aftermath of it, not prevent it, short of living in a locked sarcophagus for your entire life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min Maxxx_Payne 18,218
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min George Justapose 684,028
MESSAGE 4 Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers 21 min Doctor REALITY 6
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 33 min lil whispers 619,715
We Real Americans Love President Trump!! 2 hr Gismys 1
harthside COOKIES 4 hr C eh N eh D eh 2
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 8 hr Mikeylikesit 29
More from around the web