“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#754306 Jul 7, 2014
SIR TRISTAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point. But NONE has the weight, influence, and power Darwin did and does with the atheist movement. Charles Darwin is the atheist's number one point of reference. Would you not agree?
No, my number 1 point of reference is todays science. I understand Darwins theory and use it in minor ways when talking about religion.

But, it is todays science that means the most to me. It has already proven that much of the Bible is pure mythology--not factual--and that is going a long way in proving that the Christian God is not real. Evolution is just the icing on the cake.

I harbor no hate towards Christians or their Gods and mini-god Jesus. I just think they are myths.
SIR TRISTAN

Union City, NJ

#754307 Jul 7, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You try and be like Jesus?
How hard do you try?
I thought I made myself clear with my African Zulu explanation.

Which part did you not understand?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#754308 Jul 7, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
The biggest hypocrite here is the Redneck, has railed and railed about people who accept welfare and now defends the Joy chick, a fellow Christian.
Disgusting.
I've "railed and failed" about deadbeats that abuse our welfare system. You should know this by now.

Joyful said that her finances were taken care of by her husband, the same man that vowed to be with her forever. Then he cheated and left her and the kids all alone, with no money and no way of supporting themselves. She's using our welfare system the way it was designed, she's using it o feed her kids and she's getting an education so that one day she'll be self-sufficient.

That's what it's all about. Welfare is awesome when used properly.

What I've "railed" about was deadbeats that are abusing our welfare system, deadbeats that are completely dependent on it and have no desire to be self-sufficient. Welfare hurts them
More than it helps them.

Understand?

Evolution is true.....

#754309 Jul 7, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I have no proof. It's my beliefs.
You accept no proofs from anywhere but your Bible, and that is not always the literal truth.
SIR TRISTAN

Union City, NJ

#754310 Jul 7, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you suggest that "modern technology" determine whether there is life or not on one of countless planets that are thousands of light-years away?
I don't recall ever using the word "determined". And the fact of the matter is, with all our MODERN TECHNOLOGY we still have yet to find life on other Planets. Regardless of whether you like it or not.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#754311 Jul 7, 2014
SIR TRISTAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I made myself clear with my African Zulu explanation.
Which part did you not understand?
How much of what you post can you imagine Jesus saying?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#754312 Jul 7, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sup Prince Ali?
How bout this'n?
si seņor,
my pants are tore
Give me some pesos
I'll buy some more
Lol!!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#754313 Jul 7, 2014
wilderide wrote:
:)
My problem isn't with religious people, it's with rigid literalists/fundamentalists. People who hide behind their religion rather than being moral ambassadors of them.
Some of my best friends are Christian. They cherry-pick their Bible in good ways rather than bad. ;)

HA I don't doubt it. The fundamentalist Christians are a whacky group, IMO.

It's a new fad, only about 100 years old or so. Maybe they just need more time...

San Francisco

#754314 Jul 7, 2014
SIR TRISTAN wrote:
<quoted text>
By being a Christian is how I learned to love, forgive, show mercy, and have compassion.
Really? The posts I've read by you don't suggest that.

San Francisco

#754315 Jul 7, 2014
SIR TRISTAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall ever using the word "determined". And the fact of the matter is, with all our MODERN TECHNOLOGY we still have yet to find life on other Planets. Regardless of whether you like it or not.
Perhaps if you were more familiar with science you'd also be more aware of technology and the fact that it's not as omnipotent as you seem to think it is.

San Francisco

#754316 Jul 7, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
HA I don't doubt it. The fundamentalist Christians are a whacky group, IMO.
It's a new fad, only about 100 years old or so. Maybe they just need more time...
I have Christian friends (and Jewish ones), but no fundie ones.

Having gone to India this winter I'm now wishing I had a Hindu friend. Now THAT is a wacky religion.
SIR TRISTAN

Union City, NJ

#754317 Jul 7, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my number 1 point of reference is todays science. I understand Darwins theory and use it in minor ways when talking about religion.
But, it is todays science that means the most to me. It has already proven that much of the Bible is pure mythology--not factual--and that is going a long way in proving that the Christian God is not real. Evolution is just the icing on the cake.
I harbor no hate towards Christians or their Gods and mini-god Jesus. I just think they are myths.
You really are grotesquely stupid aren't you..........yes you are. Today's "science" is A TOTAL DERIVATIVE OF DARWIN AND HIS THEORIES. And NOTHING in the Bible has been proven to be pure mythology..........NOTHING. And please don't cite evilbible or some other ridiculously ludicrous, anti-Bible, anti-Christian atheist site with a hilariously wicked agenda. What proof do you offer to say that the "Christian God is not real"..........you sound like an insane person. And Evolution is NO WHERE NEAR THE ICING ON THE CAKE, because there are scientists out there who believe that GOD SET EVOLUTION IN MOTION. And again, you are contradicting and defeating yourself, because if Darwin believed in God, that means that evolution was indeed set forth by God, which by default ELIMINATES ATHEISM.

What you "think" doesn't really matter. You may "think" Jesus Christ away all you like, but he doesn't really go away; only your sanity does. Just because you "think" something, doesn't make it true. Have a nice day
Screw Religion

Phoenix, AZ

#754318 Jul 7, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
if the day comes that you become humble and accept Jesus as your Savior, you will have everlasting life
If the day comes when you gather the courage to seek professional help for your inane personal delusions then you'll be a man who bravely accepts your own mortality. We all know you're a f*cking coward who's rather make a complete ass of yourself on a daily basis in an international forum then seek the mental care you desperately need. Fuck off, coward!
SIR TRISTAN

Union City, NJ

#754319 Jul 7, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? The posts I've read by you don't suggest that.
I really don't care what you think. I know, and more importantly God knows who and what I am. What some lifeless, clueless freak from Cyberspace who doesn't even have the good sense to pick the right avatar thinks, is of no consequence.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#754320 Jul 7, 2014
wilderide wrote:

But you see my point. You can be a moral monster all your life, causing pain and suffering to many innocent people, and all God cares about is what you happen to believe before your death. In other words, God only cares about it's own ego. I mean, seriously, think about that. Why is what you think or believe more important than what you do? To the point that God might torture you forever for what you think, but not what you do. That is not moral at all as far as I'm concerned.
I think your point is mistaken, honestly.

A moral monster, as you put it, isn't likely to make a moral decision like accepting Jesus and their Savior. They certainly aren't likely to live a just life or spread the Gospel of Jesus.

What's your concern with this subject? Are you thinking about justice? Maybe some mind of "Godly justice" or something?

Does it bother you the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ extends to all people, from the perfect housewife to the honest doctor to the drug dealer to the petty car thief to the Dahmers or even to Hitler?

Evolution is true.....

#754321 Jul 7, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So if God aborts a fetus that's OK?
I believe it was God and/or Jesus who said, or intimated, that life begins with 'first breath.'

Definitely not at conception....thats just a ploy by the extreme religious right to take over control of womens bodies...again.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#754322 Jul 7, 2014
wilderide wrote:
So if God aborts a fetus that's OK?
What makes you think God does that?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#754323 Jul 7, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
You accept no proofs from anywhere but your Bible, and that is not always the literal truth.
You're close.
Screw Religion

Phoenix, AZ

#754324 Jul 7, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
No, I have no proof. It's my beliefs.
Wrong! Your cult's ignorance, intolerance and violence inciting dogma aren't beliefs, you f*cking imbecile.
SIR TRISTAN

Union City, NJ

#754325 Jul 7, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
How much of what you post can you imagine Jesus saying?
I think it is wretchedly disgusting and infinitely evil that you would use that which you reject, judge, hate, don't believe in, mock, satire, lampoon, ridicule, and make fun of on a daily basis as a point of reference. You people have no limits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 10 min RiccardoFire 4,436
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min KayMarie 590,248
News 'Bush heard of Iraqi civilian murders from press' (May '06) 16 min Swedenforever 25
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min Grey Ghostmoron 271,345
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 51 min WasteWater 5,906
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 55 min WasteWater 99,981
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr Neville Thompson 459
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr swedenforever 176,949
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 19 hr Finley 31
More from around the web