Prove there's a god.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#754472 Jul 7, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you're right about the atheist thing.
But you (YOU) taught me a valuable lesson about a year ago. Remember what it was?
Not to lie?

Some stable somewhere

#754473 Jul 7, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, welcome to the machine..
The sun sets, the moon rises, we rotate around the sun, we have atmosphere, we have seasons, day, night, It's design of the highest order. Like a clock.
Everything is In sync to work together so life can be sustain.. here on earth.
you happen to think it came out of chaos, nothing!
I do not...
Thank you Glove!
KENTUCKY

Louisville, KY

#754474 Jul 7, 2014
If you keep riding that fence you're gonna break whatever balls you got left Proxy Queen !
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a slow transition, my man. But a positive transition nonetheless.
All I ask is for patience. Nothing more.
I'm trying to atone for my past, trying to be a better man.
ProxyRedneck, huh....? Hmmmm

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#754475 Jul 7, 2014
Hibernation

Aura, check that one out

Some stable somewhere

#754477 Jul 7, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a LOT to discuss. Many of those views can't be discussed in any detail in a shirt period of time.
Take your first one, original sin. That could take months of discussion, debate, reading, more discussion, more debate, etc to understand why it's so important to Christianity. It could take even longer, depending on who's speaking and who's listening.
How long did y'all talk?
<quoted text>
Aight.
<quoted text>
Why are you atheist?
Nah, it was a night of enjoyable camaraderie and drinking :) So, an hour? Two?

The finer complexities of your religion that you would find interesting as a Christian are simply uninteresting to me - so I'm not going to devote months of my time dissecting them. For me, and you don't have to understand that, it would be like discussing some large work of fiction over and over. A waste of time unless literary critique is what you do.

I'm an atheist because I'm simply unable to accept what you consider truth. The evidence I have been exposed to - and the "ways of knowing" - don't require appeals to divinity. I see appeals to divinity as intellectual poverty and laziness. They're non-explanatory, promoting of misleading conceptions of the world around us that are incapable of producing new knowledge and technology. Further, I see religious teachings as dangerous and abusive.

So at a fundamental level, I not only disagree entirely with religious world views but am appalled by their base and violent immorality. They're the product of the iron age at best and promote ignorance and worse, divisiveness.

:)

Uhm...so...about that beer?

Some stable somewhere

#754478 Jul 7, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
D'oH!
I see what you did there. Clever :)
hee hee hee

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#754479 Jul 7, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Nah. It's men and women that are looking out for all human's rights, the unborn children included.
2. A legal abortion is never murder.
3. The Bible is replete with good sayings of women, don't just cherry pick the ugly ones.
4. Probably right, mostly right wingers. But they believe they are doing good, and for every abortion stopped, a life is saved. Isn't that honorable?
5. What? Women aren't in this alone. Abortion can't be considered without a man, too. Men have very right to speak up about this as women do.
6. No, it's not a war at all, and it's not just about women.
7. Biblically speaking, life (a soul) begins at conception.
8. Again, it's not about controlling men or women who want an abortion, it's about protecting the life of the unborn child.
9. You're a mind reader for sure lol.
1. Naw, I'm right on this one. Never seen those abortion clinic protesters doing any other protests.

2. A proper abortion is never murder of a human.

3. I didn't actually pick any sayings, I just generalized the theme of the Bible and women. However.....

1 Corinthians 14:35
If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

1 Timothy 2:12
I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

Sorry RR I don't find much good said about women in the Bible. Its all about the men.

4. The Republicans are never honorable (can't say much for the Democrats either), but they are doing it dishonorably, like all the sh!t Bush did.

5. I agree, get all the men behind the women's rights and keep the churches/governments clammy hands off women's bods.

6. The one I'm talking about is a war between the church/government and the sovereign rights of women....where are you?

7. Genesis 2:7
“And Jehovah Elohim formed Man, dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and Man became a living soul.”Genesis 2:7 Seems to me it takes breath. Also:
“And out of the ground Jehovah Elohim had formed every animal of the field and all fowl of the heavens, and brought [them] to Man, to see what he would call them; and whatever Man called each living *soul*, that was its name.” Genesis 2:19 ----Aha, animals DO have souls..:-)

8. Do animals have the same rights....after all they have souls? Of course souls have never been demonstrated.

9.:-)

Some stable somewhere

#754480 Jul 7, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is not why we, or at least I, remain single. For me, it is because no man, so far, can stay committed and I choose not to be with anyone unless they make a lifelong commitment to me and my children. You can bet I am free to do as I wish and I will. I am not missing out on anything. I am 40 and know exactly what I like in bed and in life. I will only settle for a commitment for life. I know exactly how to please my man and don't need any preparation. Been there and never had a problem in that area. That area of my relationships has always been wonderful on both sides, thank you. No tips needed. I still choose to abstain. My children are all that matters, unless a man is willing to make that life-long commitment. Have a lovely day/night.
Cheers.

For me, it's like you are saying "I've only ever eaten this one cuisine and can say, without a doubt, it's the only cuisine for me."

Location hidden

#754481 Jul 7, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Glove!
You're welcome..

Some stable somewhere

#754482 Jul 7, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Show me a man you know for sure has not had seriously sick sexual fantasies. Nobody knows exactly what another person thinks, otherwise, there would be a lot more men turning to inflatable dolls.
Point out a man you think is normal. Sometimes the most innocent, boyish looking ones are the most dangerous
"Major issues?" Absolutely nothing surprises me concerning men and sexuality.
Do try getting past your ego and see the world as it really is.
Holy! Yes, please now, phone a counselor!

You probably don't realize this, but your above thoughts are not normal. Men do not all have "seriously sick sexual fantasies."

The truth here is that you are afraid of men and demonizing them. It's unfair to men - normal men, with normal sex drives and thoughts. Nano, there's lots and lots of good men out there and a few awful ones.

If I was Christian, I'd pray for you. But that wouldn't do anything except make me feel better and the whole point is to get you to heal. Honestly, please find a psychologist and talk about these issues.

Oh, and btw,

Hiding: 7
Nano: 4

Good work! You're keeping up!

Location hidden

#754483 Jul 7, 2014
gort wrote:
<quoted text>
By Jesus’ definition, the most “burning torture to bear” is the scorching heat of resentment and unforgiveness. When we refuse to forgive others, we sentence ourselves and our world to hellish suffering. Our future — and today’s well-being — depends upon our willingness to extinguish the burning inferno in our souls by forgiving those who have harmed us.
That's deep shyt gort..
for real dude, puff puff pass..

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#754484 Jul 7, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. That explains it.
Hey, you changed your avatar before I got to read your ass.

No fair.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#754485 Jul 7, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
Hm. I've always wondered what would actually happen if an irresistible force met an unmovable object.

Irresistible? You mean like ..There's something about Mary...meets Captain America's shield?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#754486 Jul 7, 2014
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly can't say that I disagree with you Rocco. I've been in some tussles with my Christian brethren over the same things you mentioned. I think that the majority of them do to be hurtful, on the contrary they want to help but don't realize what they're doing by hurting others by how they come across.
*dont do it to be hurtful...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#754487 Jul 7, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
He's high.
KENTUCKY

Louisville, KY

#754488 Jul 7, 2014
Damn str8 Brutus !!!

They can never bring themselves to admit that Christian charities give ASTRONOMICALLY more than Dawkins could possiby dream of destroying.

kiNDa sAd rEALLy......
Brutus wrote:
<quoted text> What would you consider Realistic in your world?
Salvation Army: The current National Commander of the Salvation Army (since 2010) is William A. Roberts. The Salvation Army is not required to file a Form 990 with the IRS because it is primarily a religious organization, but according to the Better Business Bureau (BBB), Roberts' last reported total annual compensation was $126,920. Forbes rates this organization's efficiency at 82%.
World Vision's Efficiency is at 89% as quoted by Charity navigator (85% per Forbes)
Who's filthy rich?? Ahhhh I see. You've been reading the chain Emails again.
I don't know what scamming you believe is going on but you need to look before you leap.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#754489 Jul 7, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Al!:)
Your reply is fair enough; it's silly to paint an entire segment of society by the same brush, or hold people accountable for the actions of other people. But I think the more valid point is that doing good doesn't require religion. If a charitable group does good in the world the fact that it may also be Christian (or something else) seems superfluous.
The Hare Krishnas do feed a lot of homeless people, too.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#754490 Jul 7, 2014
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough. You did notice that I didn't ask "Huh" to convert to do good. I agree that one doesn't have to be religious to do good. It just has to come from the heart. It must be done for the very basic reason that it's the right thing to do.
I'll second that, Al.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#754491 Jul 7, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, you changed your avatar before I got to read your ass.

No fair.
http://i.imgur.com/m8Qa4qs.jpg

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#754492 Jul 7, 2014
KENTUCKY wrote:
She is in the right, I vote she stay.
[email protected] !!!!!!<quoted text>
Thank you Kentucky. I wish I could, but I feel that staying here with the BS and craziness will just drive me crazy like they are. Seriously, since I came here, I have felt so different. I can't stand the constant attacks. When I was posting kindly, they attacked me for being kind and now I am letting their BS change me and acting like them and they still attack me. I have never in my life seen so much hatred, vileness, and evil. I thought before I came here that people were basically good. I knew and had met some evil, nasty people, but never like here. I merely give my views like them and get attacked, ridiculed, and judged.

People say that I am judging. What they don't get is that I am just giving my views, just like they are. What I say is never meant or said as judgment. It's ridiculous. Like I said before, I am positive that the reason they want to attack and ridicule me is that they don't like the happy, kind, joyful Christian that I represent and that just doesn't serve or help their cause to paint Christians/Christianity as bad and evil. Gonna stay off here for a while for sure, but I just don't see staying somewhere, where people's only intent seems to be to bring people down. I want to remain the good, kind, loving person that I am and that doesn't seem to be what is going to happen with me here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min Peace_Warrior 618,166
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 27 min MUQ2 28,456
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 44 min MUQ2 44,148
Abortion is the greatest deception since Lucif... (Nov '08) 1 hr What 13,330
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 637,408
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr X Pendable 181,905
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Translator 445,696
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr Voyeur 38,009
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 4 hr Paul is dead 3,639
More from around the web