Prove there's a god.
Screw Religion

Scottsdale, AZ

#753125 Jul 5, 2014
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
READ "SHOW ME GOD" BY FRED HEEREN
Slave Boy the Brainwashed Coward and Disgraced Former Marine, thanks for once again proving you have the intellectual capacity of mentally retarded child. I've explained to you repeatedly that Christian pseudoscience bullshit isn't science.

Here's a review of this anti-science book:

I was bought this book for Christmas by my nephew. If you are hoping that this book will show you any evidence for a god, or gods, or anything else which has no evidence for it, like astrology, you will be seriously disappointed. Like all pseudo-scientific religious books, it provides no evidence that any god exists. Instead, it leaps to conclusions without providing any evidence. For example, on page 3 of the preface, the author, Heeren, claims that "A universe with a beginning requires a Beginner, making it difficult to reconcile with atheism or pantheism, while pointing most naturally to a Creator that exists outside the universe.". I have not made this up, and the book does not improve. It continues to make such outrageous claims but provides no evidence to back them.

The author uses quotes from scientists for his claims. For example, he uses Stephen Hawking's statement that: "The laws of science, as we know them at present, contain many fundamental numbers, like the size of the electric charge of the electron and the masses of the proton and the electron... The remarkable fact is that the values of these numbers seem to have been very finely adjusted to make possible the development of life.". However, he does not use quotes that do not back up his claims. For example, Hawking has said that the Big Bang was the consequence of the law of gravity: "Because there is a law such as gravity, the Universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the Universe exists, why we exist,", and "It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the Universe going,". Presumably, these latter quotes do not allow Heeren to "justify" his claims that a god must have created the Universe, life, and everything, so he ignores them.

Here's another review of this anti-science book:

Full-on christians won't (want to) understand what I'm talking about, so go ahead and give me that "not helpful" vote you will be dying to give me after reading what follows. Likewise, the apathetic, if they could be bothered.(By the way, I am not an atheist. However, I was at one time a christian.) For critical thinkers, and others looking to challenge their worldview, I shall continue.

"Show Me god" is a religious book masquerading as a science text. Scientific facts are falsifiable, religious dogma is not. That is, Science deals with the observable, measurable, and tangible - and will admit when it is in error. Religious dogmas are not prone to admit errors; they are about faith in things that may or may not exist, and, may or may not have happened. Religions attempt to give their adherants watertight comfort in the knowledge that their religious denomination is the truest one. Science admits it doesn't have all the answers.

This book tries to confirm and marry christianity (why not any other religion?) with Science, by using "non-sequiteurs". This is like trying to bash a square peg into a round hole. The title itself "begs the question". "Ad populum" is used, and some quotes are taken out of context. Critical thinkers can sharpen their logic and reasoning abilities by reading this book and scrutinising all the presentations. christians may want to get this book to feel good about themselves and their bogus theory known as "intelligent design".(The christian bible has two different versions of creation BTW. Read genesis chapters 1 & 2. Take notes and compare.) And for others, you may like to look into what "critical thinking" means; my sincerest best wishes to you. Deserves less than 1-star.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#753126 Jul 5, 2014
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize you're the biggest joke in this entire forum..........you DO realize that right?
I'm putting odds on you being the biggest joke, dummy.
Screw Religion

Scottsdale, AZ

#753130 Jul 5, 2014
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
I love when people like Neil deGrasse Tyson TOTALLY RENOUNCE ATHEISM.
Slave Boy the Brainwashed Coward and Disgraced Former Marine, Neil deGrasse Tyson never renounced atheism. He prefers agnostic to atheist primarily because of misuses of the word atheist by stark raving mad insane lunatics like you, punk!

Columbus, OH

#753131 Jul 5, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
*please do correct any legal errors I make, oh Chess is around, never mind*
Chess Jurist is an anagram, not an occupation.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#753132 Jul 5, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for showing us that you do not know what proof or evidence really is!
Since you must of missed it, here is the proof. Just a small sample of the proof.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quo tes/quotes/t/thomascarl142110. html
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/ma ...
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/ar ...
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/la ...
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/o/os ...

God exists. The proof is everywhere. God is Love, Peace, Joy, and Happiness. God is great. He is all around us. He is in everything you see and everything you do. God is the sunshine and the rain. God is everything. God is all. God bless each and every one of you.
Have a joyous, lovely day/night.
Screw Religion

Scottsdale, AZ

#753135 Jul 5, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
You say that me and my views are evil because they are not the same as yours.
Joyless the Child Abuser, you're too mentally retarded to understand that you mistake your self-righteous bigotry as views.
Screw Religion

Scottsdale, AZ

#753138 Jul 5, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
I am exactly the kind, loving person I say and show that I am.
Joyless, you're a child-abusing religiously retarded redneck bitch with absolutely no desire to correct your evil ways.

Columbus, OH

#753139 Jul 5, 2014
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..........ATHEISM: The belief that YOU no more than 50 NOBEL PRIZE WINNING SCIENTISTS AND ISSAC NEWTON TOO.
LOL..........LAUGH OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEAL LOUD
Take a deep breath.

Collect your thoughts.

And now try to post something lucid.

I'm sure you can.

Remember: I'm rooting for you, dummy.
Screw Religion

Scottsdale, AZ

#753140 Jul 5, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
Too bad there isn't an idiot icon to rate posts with. Many here would get and deserve it for every post they make.
Joyless the Child Abuser, you're a blithering idiot and deserve being put in your place.
Screw Religion

Scottsdale, AZ

#753141 Jul 5, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
May God bless each and every one of you.
Joyless the Child Abuser, your imaginary friend can neither bless nor damn anyone.

Location hidden

#753142 Jul 5, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the farking idiot. Better to check your facts before you puke more extreme, religiously inspired nonsense. All medical definitions refer to a miscarriage as a spontaneous abortion.
You want to make a stupid claim that "all abortion is murder". Well, US laws says that you're wrong as do all medical textbooks. Go back to your armchair judgment of everyone else in the world you pathetic piece of crap.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/artic...
http://www.aafp.org/afp/2005/1001/p1243.html
http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp...
Abortion is murder - a choice made to kill a child. Miscarriage is an occurrence of nature - not a choice, just something that happens when something goes wrong with a pregnancy. The definition you are stating is just an excuse, an absurd reasoning from you and all those who believe and say it, in order to make yourselves feel better about the fact that those who have an abortion are murderers/killers. Have a wonderful, lovely day. May God have mercy on you for promoting murder. I pray you are filled with the Holy Spirit. God loves you. Please accept him as your wondrous, loving Lord and Savior. Proof God exists is in all the world around you and the love he is so willing to give you. Proof God exists shows clearly in the fact that he will accept you into his Kingdom as long as you repent and call on him, believe in him, and ask forgiveness of your transgressions. God bless!!
gort

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#753144 Jul 5, 2014
Living things (even ancient organisms like bacteria) are enormously complex.

enormously complex.

enormously complex.

enormously

complex

COMPLEX

ENORMOUSLY

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#753146 Jul 5, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
miscarriage may also be called a "spontaneous abortion."
In your own farking link (one that I refered to as well) is says
" miscarriage may also be called a "spontaneous abortion."
I guess you christards can ignore what is right in front of you. Facts betray you. Ignorance is bliss.
Yes, it could be called that I reckn..
So what?
What is your point?
Seeing how a miscarriage IS NOT A CHOICE to end life..
Screw Religion

Scottsdale, AZ

#753147 Jul 5, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
God exists. The proof is everywhere.
Joyless, there's absolutely no proof for the existence of supernatural deities. However, our country is infested with godbots like you mistake child abuse for love.
Screw Religion

Scottsdale, AZ

#753148 Jul 5, 2014
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
ABORTION IS NOTHING SHORT OF PREMEDITATED MURDER AND IS PURE UNADULTERATED EVIL.
Slave Boy the Brainwashed Coward and Disgraced Former Marine, abortion is a medical procedure. Religious brainwashing is pure evil, punk.
Screw Religion

Scottsdale, AZ

#753150 Jul 5, 2014
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
You do realize you're the biggest joke in this entire forum..........you DO realize that right?
100% pure projection!
Screw Religion

Scottsdale, AZ

#753151 Jul 5, 2014
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
Shut up you lobotomized freak..........you're beyond pathetic.
Once again, 100% pure projection!
gort

Tyumen, Russia

#753152 Jul 5, 2014
All living things reproduce, copying their genetic material and passing it on to their offspring. Thus, the ability to copy the molecules that encode genetic information is a key step in the origin of life — without it, life could not exist. This ability probably first evolved in the form of an RNA self-replicator — an RNA molecule that could copy itself.

I've done it many times

RNA formation is nuthin

encoding genetic material's a piece of cake

forming molecules is kids' stuff

finding the raw materials b4 the bigbangy was no big deal

where r the newly forming life-bits?

Location hidden

#753154 Jul 5, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
miscarriage may also be called a "spontaneous abortion."
In your own farking link (one that I refered to as well) is says
" miscarriage may also be called a "spontaneous abortion."
I guess you christards can ignore what is right in front of you. Facts betray you. Ignorance is bliss.
It may be called that, by those who want to defend it to make themselves feel better about abortion, which is murder/the killing of a child. I could call you smart or a genius, but that doesn't make it true. Have a lovely, joy-filled day. More proof God exists is the fact no matter what you do, he will always accept you with your repentance and that he grants you free will to choose to or not to believe in him. God bless you!!
Screw Religion

Scottsdale, AZ

#753155 Jul 5, 2014
Viking wrote:
totally blinded by unadulterated hatred
Once again, 100% pure projection!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 13 min NotSoDivineMsM 45,815
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 18 min Eagle 12 - 6,689
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Michael 691,916
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 4,396
__POPE & ISRAEL to SIGN Historic Agreement__ 1 hr Dec 2017 News 1
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 hr Exposing Devil Lies 368
"Come on in the house,A.C. We wanna talk to O.J." 10 hr Doctor REALITY 1
More from around the web