Prove there's a god.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#751834 Jul 2, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> Sympathy for the Devil is my favorite song of all time..
I saw somewhere once, where mick jagger said he wrote that song in 10 minutes standing in the doorway of keith richards home.
It's funny what inspires people, sometimes.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#751835 Jul 2, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:

Thanks for the advice, but there is no path to harmony with that woman short of making concessions that I am unwilling to make. My sin is my opinions about organized Christianity, which I am entitled to hold and express with or without her approval. People like nanoanomaly and lightbeamrider rage at those opinions.
Incidentally, I don't turn the other cheek in any setting. That's horrible advice. I either try to negotiate a peace, leave, or fight back. In this case, neither one is interested in peace, and I'm not interested in leaving. Passively allowing either of them to behave as they do is not an option for me, and would not be harmony anyway.
I find it contemptible that anybody would choose such an approach in a discussion forum - to demean another person in an effort to diminish their credibility. The part of me that insists on fairness says that they deserve to be dealt with in exactly that same way.
Jesus' message of turning the other cheek basically boils down to refraining yourself from retaliating when you've been insulted or attacked. It doesn't refer to pacifism, criminal offenses or military aggression, it's only about personal retaliation. It's about returning hatred with love, with peace. This is not something you can do? Peace is not something you can do?

Peace is the middle ground where the teachings of secular humanism and the teachings of Jesus can coexist. It is where you. & I can coexist. It is where even you and nano can coexist.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#751836 Jul 2, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
He's so beautiful!

I think it would take more than "Nice puddy" and a bowl of milk though. LOL

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#751837 Jul 2, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
What's the prize?
A Cheeto?

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#751838 Jul 2, 2014

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#751839 Jul 2, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
And I'm calling the Cat Protection Society for you, or maybe the RSPCA.
RSPCA? I didn't know they existed until now. That's super cool. Out here we have the ASPCA, an organization I support. Kudos.

Location hidden

#751840 Jul 2, 2014

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#751841 Jul 2, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus' message of turning the other cheek basically boils down to refraining yourself from retaliating when you've been insulted or attacked. It doesn't refer to pacifism, criminal offenses or military aggression, it's only about personal retaliation. It's about returning hatred with love, with peace. This is not something you can do? Peace is not something you can do?
Peace is the middle ground where the teachings of secular humanism and the teachings of Jesus can coexist. It is where you. & I can coexist. It is where even you and nano can coexist.
"Only 'Real Christians' like me can read Jesus' mind." - Riverside Queen

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#751842 Jul 2, 2014

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#751843 Jul 2, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
"Only 'Real Christians' like me can read Jesus' mind." - Riverside Queen
I didn't mean to imply that, I'm just voicing my opinion about it. If you think I'm wrong, tell me how.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#751844 Jul 2, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>He's so beautiful!

I think it would take more than "Nice puddy" and a bowl of milk though. LOL
You're not wrong, I think he's cheeky and manages to look dignified at the same time.

lol

Location hidden

#751845 Jul 2, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. I disagree, but understand your point.
Either we attempt to follow Jesus' teachings or we don't.
I choose to try.
Romans 3 : 22-24

Even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe, for there
is no distinction, For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by his
grace through the redemption in Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

#751846 Jul 2, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>A Cheeto?
Just one? Far out.

I'm having twisties, would you like some?

Location hidden

#751847 Jul 2, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>RSPCA? I didn't know they existed until now. That's super cool. Out here we have the ASPCA, an organization I support. Kudos.
I do some stuff for both. Kudos to you for caring.

Location hidden

#751848 Jul 2, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
Hm, you won't get a lot of political debate out of me and I'm not a Liberal, if anything at all, I'd probably be an Anarchist but here I'd support the Labour Party or the Greens or the Libertarians or just opt for harassing politicians in general.

Our Liberal Party atm can kiss my arse.

Trying to kill my turtle and whatnot.

This isn't meant to offend you, this time. Just a snippet on what christian youngsters are coming out with:

http://i.imgur.com/UlM1Xl0.jpg

This is lols:

http://i.imgur.com/AdE5S2Q.jpg

I think I want it as my avatar but I must make it purple.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#751849 Jul 2, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Gday Al.
Good morning Rosa!:)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#751850 Jul 2, 2014
Proxy Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mean to imply that, I'm just voicing my opinion about it. If you think I'm wrong, tell me how.
You express your opinion as a fact and tell people who have different opinions that they are idiots.
Do you even read your own posts ?

I will give you credit for admitting it is an opinion. Thanks for that.
Screw Religion

Scottsdale, AZ

#751851 Jul 2, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
Only atheist apologists could claim otherwise and make fools of themselves.
No one is making a bigger fool of himself than you, kid.

Cheetah the Chithead aka nimRodny the Riverside Redneck, god is a delusion created by brain chemistry and brains on god are almost identical to those hallucinating on psychedelic drugs. You haven't been touched by the Holy Spirit. You're just an exceptionally delusional godbot and should be institutionalized to receive the professional mental care you desperately need.

Your juvenile posts demonstrate that you have the intellectual capacity of a mentally retarded child and have long ago ceased being an unintended source of amusement. If you had an ounce of self-dignity then youÂ’d cease humiliating yourself and embarrassing your country by compulsively spamming an international forum on a daily basis using multiple socks.

The title of the thread is, "Prove there's a god". Either put up or go f*ck yourself, you staggeringly ignorant, self-righteous bigoted and death-denying cowardly Christian white trash redneck pile of shit!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#751852 Jul 2, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 3 : 22-24
Even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe, for there
is no distinction, For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by his
grace through the redemption in Jesus Christ.
Yep. Paul started the whole "Man is a worthless POS." Doctrine, not Jesus.

I'm not a Catholic so I don't accept the authority of Paul.

Jesus said every human is worthy of unconditional love.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#751853 Jul 2, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that. Despite her claims to the contrary, she is the aggressor, not a self-defender.
<quoted text>
We have that trait in common.
<quoted text>
I can confirm that MO.
So should we pity a demon? Do you?
On a tangent, have you ever seen any discussion on whether Christians, who are to love their enemies, should love or pity Satan?
From http://www.vineyardop.org/Does-Loving-Your-En...
"I had someone ask the following question: "If Jesus says to love our enemies, does that mean we are supposed to love satan?" ... Let's agree that this is a logical question that comes to mind based on our understanding that Jesus is serious about us loving our enemies ... So, do we have to love him? Is that what Jesus means? My short answer is "no, we don't need to love satan."
And here are the opinions of several 15 Christians when asked "Should you truly feel sorry for satan?" at https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index... . They all said no.
She sure is aggressive I (can call her she now rather than he/she/it) and we are not the only ones to feel the belligerent hostility of our dreariest nano no brains. She is not particularly selective either, anyone she cannot brow beat to agree with her is subject to several month of verbal abuse. No I have no pity for her, she blew any pity she thought was due 3 years ago and no doubt her spite and bile is colouring her life in general... A vicious and self destructive downward circle.

Not seen the discussion but considering the number of times my parents and myself (and my children) have been likened to satan on topix by good christians have often wondered about the hypocrisy of so called christian love. It does all makes sense though, love thy neighbour (only if christian).

I was shown this the other day, very apt.
http://i.imgur.com/3v5pqZO.jpg

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 52 min candlesmell 703,781
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 53 min NotSoDivineMsM 88,354
why Donald Trump is president (Oct '17) 1 hr Joe Fortuna 37
Division Of Cold Dead Hands 3 hr Happy 1
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 3 hr poodawg 66
Trump is Gods anointed!!! 5 hr doG mnaDed lyoH r... 1
dried poppy pods (Apr '13) 6 hr poppy pod 29