Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#749828 Jun 26, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>There is no way to fact check your resume on the Internet. You would not have a lot of time to slum it on Topix if what you claim has any truth to it. When they say God they mean what they say. Otherwise they would not say it. Your condescending attitude may not go over well with your patients assuming you are telling the truth. I wouldn't bet a Big Mac, Fries and a frappe, with the umbrella on top, on any of it.
That was quoted from the meme I posted. lol
uidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#749829 Jun 26, 2014
George Soros
New York Post, Nov 11, 2003
"

America, under Bush, is a danger to the world ... Bush feels that on September 11th he was anointed by God. He's leading the U.S. and the world toward a vicious circle of escalating violence.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#749830 Jun 26, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a little known fact that Judas was a fur trader and a trapper of some renown.
He also sold his needle point creations at the local flea market.
Yes.

The flea market was known as the Christagora.

Location hidden

#749831 Jun 26, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>That's a great look, especially the mullet. I thought I saw a nipple ring, too, but that's probably a part of his truck. Are you familiar with that aspect of American culture? Have you seen Honey Boo Boo, Hillbilly Handfishin', or Duck Dynasty - popular American reality TV shows?
Lol, yeah he's just so hot. Gag.

I saw a bit of Honey Boo Boo in a video that was circulating online (wow) and some memes but not the show. Haven't seen the other two shows you've mentioned either and I probably won't.

I don't watch much tv and abhor reality tv shows above all others.

Location hidden

#749832 Jun 26, 2014
<quoted text>Impaled by a giant twirling fork, he was flung onto a wall where he dried for our sins.
Lol. Delightful.

Location hidden

#749833 Jun 26, 2014
<quoted text>O holy! O so holy!

And they want to return prayer in school to increase morality. Look at how well it works in churches where that's just about the only thing they do there.
Do you think they'll ever see it?
Screw Religion

Phoenix, AZ

#749834 Jun 26, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
However, nothing that I have found so far has made me realize that I am wrong.
Obviously, you're too chicken shit to study science and desperately cling to disingenuous Christian pseudoscience bullshit to feed your own irrational delusions. You're a national embarrassment and should be totally ashamed of yourself!

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#749835 Jun 26, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally. Thank you.
Doc this might not mean nothing to you but I joke with you and wish you'd stop taking me serious.
You are one of my favorite people on here and that's real talk..
I'm just a hillbilly Doc that ain't done much with or in my life but stay in trouble, jails, and prisons.
my social skills should be evidence of that..
I like BS shytn with you and again, don't take anything I say to serious, cause half the time I don't have a fkn clue as to what I'm sayn.. that's 100

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#749836 Jun 26, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you have every right to give your rebuttal. I welcome and enjoy your posts, whether I agree with them or not. I respect your opinion and thoughts and the fact that you give them without the insanity or harassing slander. Yours is worth a whole lot more than two cents. Have a lovely day.
Thanks Joy

Location hidden

#749837 Jun 26, 2014
<quoted text>So gay love is hate speech, and homophobic hate speech is the love of god. What a repulsive religion.
Speaking of the love of god:

http://i.imgur.com/oe1i2QO.jpg

^ HOSTEL
"Love"

My father loves me so much he told me as long as I trust in him and follow what he wants for me he won't send me to a torture chamber with flames and suffering.^

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#749838 Jun 26, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*headdesk*
Why are so many of 'em subliterate?
I dunno about you, but it's something that I expect at this point. It goes far beyond the occasional typo.

Location hidden

#749839 Jun 26, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed, there may be a stampede, assuming they can read. But since they don't know where they're going, showing them our growing numbers will get us what we need. They'll react at their own expense, and since they have no sense of self, they'll self destruct, and we'll succeed.
"Assuming they can read", agreed and one hopes they see the speed with which we can accomplish such lofty a deed.

Round and round they go, when circular logic will cease, nobody can know but yes, our numbers grow. We grow and sow the seeds of tomorrow with a hey and a heave ho.

To react is a fact of disagreements of which certainly do not lack. Dissension of ascension non existent causes much procrastination in a nation that refuses to see they are destroying all in attempts to assert that which is not fully known: the creation and its perpetual consternation.

Our success is imminent and essential for the sorting of this mess to bridge the gap of emptiness.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#749840 Jun 26, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I do not remember. My pride just would not allow me to tell you that and I definitely do not have time to go back and look for the posts and just so you know, I do have a very busy life taking care of my kids. So, what was we talking about and I will do my best to get back to you in a timely fashion? No, I am not and have never intended on blowing you off.
Evolution was the topic.

After a comparison of artificial selection to natural selection, I tersely closed my comment with, "Things change. It's a fact." You opened your reply by telling me that some things change and some things don't.

From there, I think the context *changed* from specific to something more all-encompassing; from biological evolution to physics and/or nature in general.

I'm of the opinion that everything's in a constant state of change; in a state of flux. Actually, I think it's a FACT.

Even so, you (and I) could prolly come up with a few ideas that seem to violate the universality of the premiss, but it'll require another metamorphosis of context.

Pressing my points when others table them is kind of my thing here. If that gets on your nerves - if you feel badgered - well, I don't care.

Take your time if you insist. I don't really expect an example - in the original context or in that that followed - to be forthcoming.

It'd be easier to just agree with me. Pretty sure you're gonna have to anyway, eventually.

Location hidden

#749841 Jun 26, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text>Doc this might not mean nothing to you but I joke with you and wish you'd stop taking me serious.
You are one of my favorite people on here and that's real talk..
I'm just a hillbilly Doc that ain't done much with or in my life but stay in trouble, jails, and prisons.
my social skills should be evidence of that..
I like BS shytn with you and again, don't take anything I say to serious, cause half the time I don't have a fkn clue as to what I'm sayn.. that's 100
Damnit. After that marvellous "fk off" and the wonderful goodbye and all.

You seem to be having some personal problems with your imaginings and your self esteem.

Hope this helps:

http://i.imgur.com/9a60Jkn.jpg

Location hidden

#749842 Jun 26, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Gravity does not create anything and has no creative power. Gravity needs mass. No mass, no gravity. At some time or other, the universe did not exist. Now the universe does exist. its one thing to deny God. It is another thing to deny the universe has no cause. Theism provides an answer from perhaps 4000 years ago. Atheism provides zero yet purports to take on the role of unconvinced skeptic and at the same time does not offer an alternative explanation to anything. Whatever the Cause, it is not God. That is all you have.
<quoted text> You are infatuated with yourself.
<quoted text> OK twisted sister. Whatever you say. Want a banana?
Check out a few of the things that gravity can do.

http://www.bing.com/news/search...

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#749843 Jun 26, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Joy
You're welcome

Location hidden

#749844 Jun 26, 2014
gort wrote:
i predict fundamental atheism, as a religious cult, is about to take off and hit the mainstream. once ur average schmuck realizes that these fundies rejoice when a child is molested, their churches will overflow with fellow fanatics.
love rejoices not in evil
What`s funny is that most of them are being molested in your church you dummy.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#749849 Jun 26, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a little known fact that Judas was a fur trader and a trapper of some renown.
He also sold his needle point creations at the local flea market.
Fascinating.

So, much of his trading, at times, ended up hanging somewhere. Or stashed away in a dark old basement or some such place.

Location hidden

#749851 Jun 26, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever god is working through you is a moron.
It's one of the biggest fallacies in christianity - "god works through man", that coupled with the complete non existence of any deity, makes me confident that an imaginary invisible middle mangod, can be removed from society altogether.

No matter how they spin it, it's all the work of humans.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#749854 Jun 26, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution was the topic.
After a comparison of artificial selection to natural selection, I tersely closed my comment with, "Things change. It's a fact." You opened your reply by telling me that some things change and some things don't.
From there, I think the context *changed* from specific to something more all-encompassing; from biological evolution to physics and/or nature in general.
I'm of the opinion that everything's in a constant state of change; in a state of flux. Actually, I think it's a FACT.
Even so, you (and I) could prolly come up with a few ideas that seem to violate the universality of the premiss, but it'll require another metamorphosis of context.
Pressing my points when others table them is kind of my thing here. If that gets on your nerves - if you feel badgered - well, I don't care.
Take your time if you insist. I don't really expect an example - in the original context or in that that followed - to be forthcoming.
It'd be easier to just agree with me. Pretty sure you're gonna have to anyway, eventually.
I don't recall all of that and a lot of it I just don't quite understand. I do remember talking about evolution and saying some things never change. I have trouble remembering what I was referring to when I said some things never change. So, whatever we were talking about I will concede to, for now. I have never discussed physics. That is not a subject that I would ever venture into without an inkling about it. Your talk is far above my level. Does that mean I am ignorant or unintelligent? No, it just means you are on a higher level and I have no problem admitting that.

"I'm of the opinion that everything's in a constant state of change; in a state of flux. Actually, I think it's a FACT."

I believe pretty much everything changes in one way or many ways. Things/people evolve, adapt, change. Just how far that goes, I am unsure of.

"Even so, you (and I) could prolly come up with a few ideas that seem to violate the universality of the premiss, but it'll require another metamorphosis of context."

See, this is what I am talking about when I say a higher level, Lol. Will be looking up some words to decipher this stuff.:)

"Pressing my points when others table them is kind of my thing here. If that gets on your nerves - if you feel badgered - well, I don't care."

I don't feel badgered. You want answers. That is fine as long as I can give them.

"Take your time if you insist. I don't really expect an example - in the original context or in that that followed - to be forthcoming."

If I can answer, I will.

"It'd be easier to just agree with me. Pretty sure you're gonna have to anyway, eventually."

Hmmmmm, Maybe it would be easier, but I think not, lol. Maybe I will have to or maybe you will have to. Only time will tell.

If I can get time, I will go back and attempt to find the posts so that I can recall what yours and my original talk was and the context.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min Truths 4,079
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min The swamiji 7,155
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 13 min The swamiji 1,427
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min lightbeamrider 176,756
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 43 min Tony17 589,351
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 443,179
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 271,262
More from around the web