Prove there's a god.
Screw Religion

Phoenix, AZ

#747999 Jun 21, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
You need to grow up if you expect to do anything of real value in life.
Congratulations! You just posted one of the most hypocritical comments in the history of topix. You're one of the MOST retarded and revolting redneck piles of shit to ever post in this forum.

It's YOU who needs the crutch of an imaginary father figure in the sky. It's YOU who mindlessly accepts the personal prejudices of the terrestrial authors of the damn bible as divinely inspired. It's YOU who is a menace to society that should be institutionalized immediately, boy.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#748000 Jun 21, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
As an atheist what is your beef? Are you claiming objective moral standards?
No. It is your church that makes that claim. Secular humanist are rational ethicists, and as such, claim the opposite. We claim that morals derive from human beings, and that they evolve over time as humanity does. Your church teaches that a perfect and unchanging god has given the world timeless moral truths. We are pointing out to you that when you use a that-was-then, this-is-now argument, you are invoking moral relativism for your god. Several of us are pointing out your inconsistency..
lightbeamrider wrote:
As an atheist why are they wrong?
That question has been asked by and answered to Christians on these threads ad infinitum. It's apparently not for you to understand. Your moral development appears to have been stunted by your Christian upbringing, probably because of the belief in an angry, judgmental, baby sitter in the sky 24/7 who sees everything you think and do, and rewards and punishes accordingly. Who can mature normally under such circumstances? You never learn what a mature conscience feels like - the desire to do good for its own sake without expectation of reward or fear of punishment. Without that, there is no moral behavior, just self-serving obedience to an angry god..

Fennario

#748001 Jun 21, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
What you write here is a lot of BS coming from a deluded maniac.
Here is th proof - How do you know that the human race "will survive itself" after you are gone? That it "will be worth living"? after you are gone? Or that "something we share this planet with will also survive us"? So your word HOPE means nothing..
It's remarkable how little insight some of you show here. How many of you Christians have been lecturing unbelievers that our ideology offers no hope, which you define as hope for an afterlife? You can hope for that, but it is much less likely and therefore much more likely to be false hope than hoping for a good future for mankind.

All of your questions apply doubly to you. If his use of the word "hope" means nothing, yours means less.

Fennario

#748006 Jun 21, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
Why do you quote what you like and ignore the rest? Jesus never said anything that you quote above. On the contrary he preached Love. He even said "Love your enemies". Which is the direct opposite of what you say above.
That's the point, isn't it? It all comes from one bible, and it chronicles the evolution of man's understanding of moral truth, which would not evolve if it came by revelation from a perfect and timeless god, but most definitely would evolve if it were merely another branch of human endeavor.
Cheetah wrote:
Christians are supposed to follow Jesus, not the Old Testament.
Did you change gods between Testaments, or did your god evolve along with mankind between them?

Incidentally, your god seems to have evolved even more since the New Testament. He is now apparently pro-democracy and anti-slavery. Way to go, Jehovah-Jesus!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#748009 Jun 21, 2014
ip sec, are you serious dude!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#748010 Jun 21, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Right they do not claim objective moral standards.
It is your church that makes that claim.
Accountability for life lived to God. That is what assures objective moral standards and ultimate justice for all.
Secular humanist are rational ethicists, and as such, claim the opposite.
Right. No real justice for the mass of victims who have been raped, killed, dismembered, gassed, what have you. You also assume rights derive from men and are arbitrary.
We claim that morals derive from human beings, and that they evolve over time as humanity does. Your church teaches that a perfect and unchanging god has given the world timeless moral truths. We are pointing out to you that when you use a that-was-then, this-is-now argument, you are invoking moral relativism for your god. Several of us are pointing out your inconsistency..
And i have responded to that in a reasonable manner. Moral laws for humanity do not change. Concessions were made and Jesus addressed that as far as divorce. That concession originated with Moses. Man going away from God created slavery and all sorts of abuses.
<quoted text>
That question has been asked by and answered to Christians on these threads ad infinitum. It's apparently not for you to understand. Your moral development appears to have been stunted by your Christian upbringing, probably because of the belief in an angry, judgmental, baby sitter in the sky 24/7 who sees everything you think and do, and rewards and punishes accordingly. Who can mature normally under such circumstances? You never learn what a mature conscience feels like - the desire to do good for its own sake without expectation of reward or fear of punishment. Without that, there is no moral behavior, just self-serving obedience to an angry god..
Yeah we know you think we are psychologically damaged half wit Nazis and to tell the truth most of us do not care. Your unbelief explains nothing and has nothing to offer. You fill people's heads with dangerous lies putting their very souls in jeopardy with God. You are an enemy to God as well as humanity.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#748011 Jun 21, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Right they do not claim objective moral standards. <quoted text> Accountability for life lived to God. That is what assures objective moral standards and ultimate justice for all. <quoted text> Right. No real justice for the mass of victims who have been raped, killed, dismembered, gassed, what have you. You also assume rights derive from men and are arbitrary. <quoted text> And i have responded to that in a reasonable manner. Moral laws for humanity do not change. Concessions were made and Jesus addressed that as far as divorce. That concession originated with Moses. Man going away from God created slavery and all sorts of abuses.
<quoted text>
<quoted text> Yeah we know you think we are psychologically damaged half wit Nazis and to tell the truth most of us do not care. Your unbelief explains nothing and has nothing to offer. You fill people's heads with dangerous lies putting their very souls in jeopardy with God. You are an enemy to God as well as humanity.
What a mess. You're as bad at formatting as you are at reason and logic.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#748012 Jun 21, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>You have offered nothing in the way of substance. Period. You offer logical fallacies and weak-kneed philosophy. You deserve nothing but scorn or rebuke, hypocrite, for that is what you offer others. You support rape and a rape culture and an immoral dogma that has subjugated women for centuries. You disgust me.
When are you going to answer these two questions, coward?
1. When has your god ever disagreed with you?
2. Why won't you describe the exact nature of your god? Until you come out with a clear, unambiguous, non-platitude-filled, well-defined definition and description for your god, there is nothing to debate. How can you believe in what you can't define? You act all spokeswhorry and defensive but you can't even define and describe in detail what you are claiming to believe. You told me to Google it. You are a pathetic, cretinous godbot and undeserving of respect. You deserve mockery and derision.
How can you believe what you can't define, coward?
They'll never define their myth. It puts them in a box nailed firmly shut.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#748013 Jun 21, 2014
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>They'll never define their myth. It puts them in a box nailed firmly shut.
why are you talking to yourself ip sec? your style and Ignorance of writing gives you away.. Epic Failure!
Screw Religion

Phoenix, AZ

#748014 Jun 21, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
You are an enemy to God as well as humanity.
There is no god. As a completely brainwashed and mentally retarded fundiseased Christian white trash redneck godbot who won't listen to reason, you're a national embarrassment, disgrace to the human race and complete waste of a sperm cell with nothing of value to contribute to this forum or society at large. You're an enemy to humanity who should live every moment of your miserable life in shame confined to a mental institution.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#748015 Jun 21, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>But, but, but it was okay to schtup sheeps and slaves back then. God commanded it, But, but, but we have a new covenant, but, but, but we still want the 10 commandments posted in all our public buildings. All of them, god dammit! It's okay to rape though. There is no 11th commandment after all, and Yeahnoway orders it, continually.
Man, the a bible is the worst, immoral tome of fiction ever realized.
Yeah.

“Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings, who don’t have all the answers, to think they do.”- Bill Maher

Fennario

#748016 Jun 21, 2014
No, that's where your faith comes in. That is only taught by the church, which is indifferent to the damage it does individuals like you, and peril in which it puts the nation and the world. It simply doesn't care.
KENTUCKY wrote:
it sounds like you want to drive a wedge between us. We had this discussion before remember ? I apologized for a misunderstanding I really didn't need to and said if someone was gonna start driving that wedge it would come from you, not I, if you so chose. You took my word for it. My word is usually good as gold. I dont hold grudges and when you start saying something did damage to me, its hard not to take it as a personal attack.
Sorry. My opinions are sincere. I believe that the church damages just about everything and everybody it touches. You have the choice to be offended or not. No offense was intended.

In my estimation, your Christian derived views on science are wrong-headed, and when held by tens of millions, dangerous to us all. What do you recommend I do if that is my opinion and it offends you? Censor it?

Fennario

#748017 Jun 21, 2014
There is one theory of evolution and no theory of abiogenesis yet.
KENTUCKY wrote:
http://www.merriam-webster.com /dictionary/abiogenesis
Definition of ABIOGENESIS
: the origin of life from nonliving matter: as
a : spontaneous generation
b : a theory in the evolution of early life on earth: organic molecules and subsequent simple life forms first originated from inorganic substances
Unless Merriam-Webster is wrong or abiogenesis has been a discredited theory maybe you could take some of your own advise and do some fact checking.
What comment of mine are you challenging? That there is no abiogenesis theory yet? If so, then we are using the word "theory" in two different ways. I never use the word as a synonym for hypothesis or hunch. I meant no scientific theory, which is a overarching explanation that explains and predicts a variety of observable phenomena. I expect a theory of abiogeneisis within a generation or two, but as of this date, all we have is a basket of interesting observations not yet coordinated into a seamless whole.
gort

Czech Republic

#748019 Jun 21, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
“Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings, who don’t have all the answers, to think they do.”- Bill Maher
it allows people who don't have all the answers to be joyous that they have a few of them and that they can pass them on to others, giving hope to the world

Fennario

#748020 Jun 21, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 U wrote:
The modern atheist reads about slavery in the bible and assumes it was the same type as practiced here 200 years ago, and it simply wasn't. It's just a very poor understanding and comparison on their part.
Which kind of slavery did Jehovah-Jesus condone? What was that like? Was it befitting a god?
VIKING

Union City, NJ

#748021 Jun 21, 2014
<quoted text>
The typical Christian posting here has less of all of those things except faith, which is not a virtue.
You lifeless, shiftless, pointless, purposeless, clueless little waterbug you. How does your family feel about their loser offspring/sibling who is such a crushing failure in the real world, that he is perpetually consigned to the dimensions of his computer? That's a serious question. How does your mother feel about the fact you make ZERO IMPACT in life other than spewing your putrid retardation, insane venom, satanic vitriol, infinitely convoluted logic, unfathomably twisted thought process, grotesquely frightening ignorance, colossal stupidity, galactical idiocy, never-ending prevarications and indescribable self-loathing into cyberspace on a daily basis?.........that's another serious question.

None, and I mean NONE of your posts are worthy of a response....NOT ONE..and due to the fact that unlike you, I have a life, I have neither the time nor desire to answer all of your baseless demented rantings. I have to go to my boy's baseball game in 20 minutes. And then I have to coach my CYO basketball team after that. In other words, there is a VERY NOBLE AND CHRISTIAN purpose to my existence, I don't live in my mother's basement, stuck to the seat of her computer chair with high powered crazy glue and typing out all sorts of out of this world lunacy. You are a loser..........a loser......in the classic sense of the word. You do NOTHING and you are NOTHING.....other than a frightened social pariah who is too much of an invertebrate coward to face the real world and his problems, so you blame God and Christianity for all your miserable shortcomings and humiliating failings. I know YOUR story; I've known you my whole life. It's a very familiar pattern among atheists. You're a gutless, rank, pusillanimous little sociopath full of hate, self-deprecation, bitter frustration and incalculable bitterness. What have YOU ever done?.........what? Other than post your mongoloid, self-defeating bullsh*t in a safe haven known as Topix. You lily-livered chicken-sh*t. You sicken me; I find you and the likes of you highly nauseating. Instead of going out there and making a difference, instead of going out there and doing something noble and decent, LIKE WE CHRISTIANS HAVE BEEN DOING FOR OVER 2000 YEARS, you sit there, like the yellow-bellied girl that you are, in your private kingdom,(your computer) and blaspheme God and his Son continuously because your life didn't turn out the way you wanted it too. It's ALWAYS the same with you atheists..........ALWAYS.

A pile of boll weevil sh*t LITERALLY serves more purpose than you people do.

You lying, lifeless, gutless coward.
gort

Czech Republic

#748022 Jun 21, 2014
There is no god. As a completely brainwashed and mentally retarded fundiseased Christian white trash redneck godbot who won't listen to reason, you're a national embarrassment, disgrace to the human race and complete waste of a sperm cell with nothing of value to contribute to this forum or society at large. You're an enemy to humanity who should live every moment of your miserable life in shame confined to a mental institution. LOL

She is so cute.

got them docs, LIAR?

Fennario

#748023 Jun 21, 2014
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
Why in Heaven's name would ANYBODY bow before a multi-personality, schizophrenic psychotic
You tell me.

By the way, you forgot petty, vengeful, vindictive, sadistic, bloodthirsty, genocidal, infanticidal, narcissistic, misogynistic, homophobic, filicidal, pestilential, petulant, slavery condoning, megalomaniacal, needy, capricious, lying, bullying, and panty-sniffing.
VIKING

Union City, NJ

#748024 Jun 21, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Sorry. My opinions are sincere.
No they are NOT sincere; you prevaricate, you create canards, you twist, you take out of context, you lie, you distort, you alter, you modify, and you build an alternate realm of reality.
No they are NOT sincere.
VIKING

Union City, NJ

#748025 Jun 21, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Energy is not immaterial, professor. It is quantifiable, testable, repeatable, measurable, and falsifiable. That is the antithesis of immaterial.
If you claim thought is immaterial, professor, you have to solve the following conundra:
1. How does the immaterial thought interact with a material mind? How does it get expressed as language, recorded into memory?
2. How does an immaterial thought manage to operate with concepts that are entirely material and can only be produced by a physical brain? For example, words, sentences, paragraphs. For example, chairs, fuels, electricity. For example, shape, spatial extent, time. For example, emotions, perceptions, sensations.
3. Exactly, precisely, unequivocally what is it about thought that makes us even suspect it's immaterial??
4. Why is immaterial thought confined into a single skull and not shared among multiple individuals?
5. Why can immaterial thought be disrupted or affected by material stimuli? For example, distracting sights or sounds, hormones, physical damage to the brain, drugs, or even a counterargument?
6. Why is complex thought impossible without language?
7. Why is human language founded on the same fundamental grammar, out of an infinity of possible grammars? See Noam Chomsky's work for details.
8. Why do we have to "learn, how to think, which implies training a physical brain to interact with immaterial thought?
9. Why does complex thought arise only in humans that have matured among other humans, and are thus privy to social interaction and communication?
There's probably quite a few questions I've neglected to contemplate, but this should be a good start.
Your feelings are immaterial? You have been deeply hurt to consider that a possibility.
Nothing like two illiterate atheist simian retards going at it.

MORE POPCORN MOMMY !!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min WasteWater 272,063
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 9 min WasteWater 6,116
The Christian Atheist debate 11 min Lbj 782
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 13 min WasteWater 5,817
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min WasteWater 595,968
dirty gay skype 27 min hrny46 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 33 min RiccardoFire 40,689
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 41 min RiccardoFire 100,732
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 57 min Legendary Karma 444,172
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Qu_innocence 612,600
More from around the web