Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#748345 Jun 22, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>All those kids Obama is dumping in Arizona are looking for work? Number 1: they are looking for safety. 2. There are no jobs. http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/immigr...
Ahahahahah, such bullshyt!

One of the newscasters let his facade fall when he said these kids come from abject poverty when in the next sentence he admitted that their families had paid anywhere from 1,000 to 10,000 dollars to have "traffickers" give them a ride TO our border. Wow, talk about not having your story straight. I guess they think that people living in "abject poverty" have thousands of dollars laying around to blow on fare with a criminal human trafficker. Talk about stupid, claiming they only want to protect their kids from these same fkg guys they claim are after their family. Some of those kids never make it here, they get detoured into the sex slave market; you don't see the parents giving enough of a shyt to raise a fuss about *that*. They just send those kids up here because it's a profitable investment to send one for a few thousand only to receive many thousands back for as long as that kid is a welfare recipient here. They, collectively, send back *billions* in the course of one, single year. every kid that crosses the border has an address they are going to where an adult will get aid for housing them. Every kid I saw on the recent news was well fed, some overfed, chunky and well clothed (and prolly had a free Obama phone in those backpacks). They were not coming from abject poverty but from a household that been recipients of those billions that cross the border. Their need is not great, their greed is.

Location hidden

#748346 Jun 22, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> Getting lost is the best way to get somewhere you've never been, but I get it.. I hate you feel that way but it is, what it is..Later Tater.
There's more than one way to be lost.

&li st=RDvT9St5TIYp8#t=28

Direction has little to do with it.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#748347 Jun 22, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. You're still here and thinking I'd bother to talk about you anymore? Who knew.
Still, if the shoe fits, walks like a duck, talks like a duck and whatnot, feel free to wear it.
Check out my socks:
http://i.imgur.com/MsqU4NG.jpg
Yes, talking about me behind my back on here doesn't work well for you.

Sad to watch what you've become.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#748348 Jun 22, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that.
Christianity in Mexico is radically different from the States. It isn't politicized or used as a political wedge issue. It just used to keep simple and undereducated people compliant, poor, and pregnant. As much as I deplore that, I can't say that it hurts us any the way American Christianity does.
That's interesting. It's different again here. We "convicts" don't suffer religious fools gladly, probably because of our history with people like Marsden.

Not all Americans follow these right-wing, money-grubbing fundie preachers blindly, but too many do.

Location hidden

#748349 Jun 22, 2014
Screw Religion wrote:
For lightbeamrider, gort and nanoanomaly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7zb0QVx8jwgXX
lol, ozzie is a believer. Talk about hypocrisy. I suppose you enjoyed his BS "music"?

Maybe you liked L. Ron's work too? Those are two of the worst fkd in the head *heads* I've ever come across.

Your comments are about as relevant as Terry Pratchett's work is to originality of thought.

Try again loser.
Cheetah

Sliema, Malta

#748350 Jun 22, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are doing the same thing, denying that there were two types of slaves, Hebrew indentured slaves and full slaves bought and sold on the market that were not Hebrew. Maybe you better study your bible again cause the rules of ownership are listed in there. Maybe you just closed your eyes when you come to those passages.
It make200 yes no difference, Sweetsie. Slaves were valuable property and usually well treated and taken care of, because they cost money to buy.
There are several examples of this in the Bible. Like the Roman Centurion's slave boy who was sent to give a message to Jesus by his respected master.
In fact most slaves probably had a better life than ordinary citizens who mostly lived in poverty. The mistaken idea that slaves worked hard under the whip couldn't be further from the truth for most slaves, especially household slaves. Some of them even held important positions in their rich masters' business and enjoyed a lot of privileges, so were a lot better off than most ordinary free citizens.

It is much similar to your well taken care of pets when compared to dogs and cats running freely in the streets.
You cannot compare the social conditions of today with those of 2,000 years ago, or even 200 years ago.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#748351 Jun 22, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt anybody sane would call these monsters...
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Muerte&quo... ;
...."Christian".
They have zero respect for other peoples' lives, even children's.
I'm sure IANS is delighted that they have gained a foothold in the U.S. Chaos from any quarter is appreciated by the likes of him; subversive fkr that he is.
I wouldn't be surprised if La Familia was something he supported financially.
Kleagle IANS says he and his wife had breakfast at the cost of 8 dollars including tip. Probably stiffed the waitress because she was wearing a cross. IANS is his own father and does not believe his mother exists.(No proof) Just pooped into existence at the pumpkin patch for no reason at all since the Earth is an open system with all that energy coming in from the sun.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#748352 Jun 22, 2014
scaritual wrote:
I do think the message that Christianity espouses does lead to a relatively weak moral conduct in regards to many of the adherents. That in and of itself can and does damage a society on certain levels.
Agreed. The nation will benefit from a program of rational, compassionate optimism.
scaritual wrote:
the, "Jesus forgives all", clause in the belief. This is a flawed and escapist sort of reasoning used by Christian theists. They are able to avoid being truly accountable to their fellow man, and, depending on the circumstance, will claim a type of immunity by divine authority or forgiveness by that divinity, or claim being manipulated by the trickster deity, expecting sympathy and/or leniency due to either circumstance.
Agreed again. Christianity offers cheap self-forgiveness on demand. You simply mutter something at the ceiling fan and are forgiven.
scaritual wrote:
That's not a good thing for societies. Or civilization.
And agreed yet again. It's up to the self-actualized element of society to recognize the problem, the solution, and to take action on behalf of us all and implement it. The church is an impediment to this, and as such, makes itself not just expendable, but something that needs to be incapacitated.

Location hidden

#748353 Jun 22, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Why thank you, filth.
*takes a bow*
There is nothing sleazier than the way you defend slavery, pedophilia and bestiality. And you actually think you're taking the moral high ground.
Enjoy the peanut and the burned out light bulb. Loser.

Fennario

#748354 Jun 22, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
Only legal citizens benefit our economy..
Wrong.
nanoanomaly wrote:
Fk Mexico and fk you.
LOL. Salud, amigo. And say a prayer for me to your omnipotent god.
Screw Religion

Phoenix, AZ

#748355 Jun 22, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
stop quoting pol pot.
Retardo Fire? Just when I thought it wasn't possible for the collective IQ of today's blithering idiot Christian cultists to get any lower!

Location hidden

#748356 Jun 22, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Drop the bullshyt, subversive.
They come here to drain the U.S. dry by freeloading and stealing everything they can.
Ever since that pig Bill Clinton signed NAFTA into effect U.S. corporations have raised their Standard of Living index and lowered ours.
Hillary Clinton and rapists.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/hill...
A woman who says she was raped by an Arkansas man in the 1970s now says Hillary Clinton “took her through hell” as the defense attorney for the man charged in the case.
In an interview with the Daily Beast website posted Friday, the woman charged that Clinton knowingly “lied like a dog” in attacking her credibility while representing the alleged rapist in 1975.
Screw Religion

Phoenix, AZ

#748357 Jun 22, 2014
spence wrote:
if you really wanna know about god...
...look up myth in any dictionary.

Fennario

#748358 Jun 22, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>All those kids Obama is dumping in Arizona are looking for work? Number 1: they are looking for safety. 2. There are no jobs. http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/immigr...
You're confusing a handful seeking political asylum through legal channels with a multitude crossing the border illegally in search of better pay.

Sure there are jobs in America, just not as many good ones. The ones the illegals get are the ones that Americans won't work.

I don't know about Obama and Arizona.
Screw Religion

Phoenix, AZ

#748359 Jun 22, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
ozzie is a believer.
Congratulations! You and Ozzy share the same mental illness, loser.
Screw Religion

Phoenix, AZ

#748360 Jun 22, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
Slaves were valuable property
You're a slave, but you have absolutely no value to society, boy.

Cheetah aka nimRodny the Riverside Redneck, god is a delusion created by brain chemistry and brains on god are almost identical to those hallucinating on psychedelic drugs. You haven't been touched by the Holy Spirit. You're just an exceptionally delusional godbot and should be institutionalized to receive the professional mental care you desperately need.

Your juvenile posts demonstrate that you have the intellectual capacity of a mentally retarded child and have long ago ceased being an unintended source of amusement. If you had an ounce of self-dignity then you’d cease humiliating yourself and embarrassing your country by compulsively spamming an international forum on a daily basis using multiple socks.

Go f*ck yourself, you staggeringly ignorant, self-righteous bigoted and death-denying cowardly Christian white trash redneck pile of shit!

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#748361 Jun 22, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman who says she was raped by an Arkansas man in the 1970s now says Hillary Clinton “took her through hell” as the defense attorney for the man charged in the case.
In an interview with the Daily Beast website posted Friday, the woman charged that Clinton knowingly “lied like a dog” in attacking her credibility while representing the alleged rapist in 1975.
This, in your view, justifies slavery?

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#748362 Jun 22, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Always a pleasure.
Yeah, I do understand that Christianity is different in Mexico and I agree, it doesn't evidence itself here in the U.S., as it does in Mexico, as it pertains to political agendas.
However, I do think the message that Christianity espouses does lead to a relatively weak moral conduct in regards to many of the adherents. That in and of itself can and does damage a society on certain levels.
The reason I say that, and I've mentioned this before, is the, "Jesus forgives all", clause in the belief.
This is a flawed and escapist sort of reasoning used by Christian theists. They are able to avoid being truly accountable to their fellow man, and, depending on the circumstance, will claim a type of immunity by divine authority or forgiveness by that divinity, or claim being manipulated by the trickster deity, expecting sympathy and/or leniency due to either circumstance.
Some, even being so bold as to not need to be absolved on any material level since they've been forgiven by the perfect deity, and have no need of mans involvement at all.
It negates morals, even those morals claimed by the theist to have been given or instilled by the deity. A person, whether practicing the religion "correctly", or, "incorrectly", can - to themselves - obtain absolution at all times. No matter the circumstance.
Ultimately, within that framework of skewed theistic moral view and responsibility, no one need ever know about crimes or transgressions. Those things can remain "dirty little secrets".
I'm not saying all Christian theists operate within that mindset, but there are some that certainly do. They feel as long as they "get right with Jesus", before they die - ensuring their "afterlife" - they're covered.
That's really all they're concerned with.
That's not a good thing for societies.
Or civilization.
...and Divine Command ethics falls short again. Instead, go the Greeks!

Location hidden

#748363 Jun 22, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
The definition for attorney IS "lies for a living". Der.

Fennario

#748364 Jun 22, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
These threads have opened my eyes wider than ever before, and I must say that I haven't been pleased with what I've seen. Christians on this particular thread offer up the very best reason why one wouldn't want to become a Christian if they are not already, as well as the best reason why some of them might want to reconsider.
True. That was my reaction as well

But even more alarming to me is the realization of how many tens of millions of American citizens that church damages, in which ways, and to what degree. What fraction of your neighbors do you suppose have been morally and intellectually compromised by this church, and of what relevance is it to you? I suggest that it's very relevant. I offer the elections of 2000 and 2004, the distrust of climate scientists, and the fight to legalize same sex marriage as evidence of the harm Christianity does to American society. These are all reasons to actively oppose Christianity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min Clearwater 87,945
Yanbu Gays (May '15) 16 min octafus 19
Weed Dundee Scotland (Mar '16) 34 min Randyballs 4
Blacks need to be deported NOW! (Oct '10) 37 min Johnny 198
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 43 min God Is Dead 619,172
Forbidden sex 48 min sinaa158 8
Ladies what's your size preference 51 min sinaa158 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 665,182
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Pegasus 284,497
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 6 hr Devil number 666 466
The Future of Politics in America Sat Insults Are Easier 176
More from around the web