Prove there's a god.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#747826 Jun 20, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis simply makes a claim,
Yeah it makes a claim and you do not and you sit back and are hyper critical of the claim. But your position offers nothing. So i'm sitting here scratching my head saying, what right do have have to criticize anything since you offer nothing?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#747827 Jun 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus used slavery as examples in His parables. Actually in a Bible context folks, including you are slaves to sin.
Yeah, he even healed a slave, and said that slaves must be obedient to their masters. So I guess slavery is fine, right? And if slavery is fine, then by that logic being a slave to sin must be OK too. Or something.

San Francisco

#747828 Jun 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
Yes it is. The rules changed because times have changed.
So the moral code of the Bible is consistent, but it changes.

Seriously, do you not see hoe you contradict yourself here?

San Francisco

#747830 Jun 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> No. I believe abuse of others is always wrong no matter the situation.
Then you must have problems with most of the Old Testament. And that would be to your credit.
In the ancient world things were far different and far more brutal. Corporal punishment was the norm for both slaves and non slaves.
And God didn't want to rock the boat, so he let that slide. Hmmmm.
I'm just not all that comfortable crawling in bed with slave owners like you are.
I've said several times that I find slavery immoral. How much clearer can I be?

Location hidden

#747831 Jun 20, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as an atheist presupposition.
If one demands proof for God then that position presupposes there is no God. That is an atheist presupposition. If one kills or rapes and thinks if he can escape human justice he is home free that is an atheist presupposition.
Judgement day? You mean when a loving God who knew in advance of my birth whether I would believe in it or not will send me to eternal torment for what I believe? Sorry, that makes no sense, nor is there any empirical evidence to suggest such a thing either.
Doesn't matter if God knows or not. All that matters is responsibility and accountability to God. Under your position which assumes no God and no accountability if a murderer escapes human justice then he is never held accountable. He dies just like his victims. This is counter intuitive to universal human sense of justice. Soldiers can cut off the arms of innocent children, rape women by the boatload, kill fathers and enslave their children and die of old age. No accountability for all the damage they do.
Cheetah

Hamrun, Malta

#747832 Jun 20, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So then God's message to humanity isn't really meant to be understood by everyone?
I think you are going to find many ethical problems with that line of thinking. Starting with the fact that then God creates most people in order to send them to hell for not believing something that was being kept from them in the first place.
Right and wrong, wilder boy.

Yes, God's message is not for all humanity, but for a select people, for now.
Most people on earth in fact have never read the Bible or even heard of Jesus.

Wrong, God does not send people to hell for ignorance.

San Francisco

#747833 Jun 20, 2014
[QUOTE who="wilderide" "]<quoted text>So, is the Bible correct that slavery is moral? Or is it wrong?[/QUOTE]
lightbeamrider wrote:
Slavery is the result of man abandoning God in a general sense. Once again you fixate on slavery as depicted in Scripture and ignore the fact slavery was universal and far more severe in pagan nations.
Why won't you answer the question? Do you think slavery is moral or not? It's a yes or no question. I can answer unequivocally that it's not.

And how do you explain God not only condoning slavery, but actually ordering it? Does God "abandon itself in a general sense" when it commands the Hebrews to enslave others? Give me a break.

San Francisco

#747834 Jun 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah it makes a claim and you do not and you sit back and are hyper critical of the claim. But your position offers nothing. So i'm sitting here scratching my head saying, what right do have have to criticize anything since you offer nothing?
Science does have much to say about it, but it doesn't know everything. Again (how many times does this need to be said?) that science doesn't have the answer does not mean that your particular religion is right by default. Sometimes we don't know things, and so we try and learn. It's amazing to me that you'd you'd criticize the fact that we don't know something on the one-hand, and yet dismiss the best method we have for finding out. You'd rather rush to a made-up answer that is almost certainly wrong.

Location hidden

#747835 Jun 20, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So the moral code of the Bible is consistent, but it changes.
Seriously, do you not see hoe you contradict yourself here?
No. We are not a theocracy in ancient Israel. Post Jesus certain practices were done away. Animal sacrifice, circumcision, dietary restrictions. You are simply to hostile to examine it all objectively. Your fixed bias keeps getting into your way.
Cheetah

Hamrun, Malta

#747836 Jun 20, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Catcher! Is that really RR?
I think they were so scared of RR that they still see everyone who opposes them seriously as RR.

I don't know who this RR was, but he really must have left a big impression on them. He still haunts them.

Location hidden

#747837 Jun 20, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
Right and wrong, wilder boy.
Yes, God's message is not for all humanity, but for a select people, for now.
Most people on earth in fact have never read the Bible or even heard of Jesus.
Wrong, God does not send people to hell for ignorance.
"Most people on earth in fact have never read the Bible or even heard of Jesus."

Dude...what?

Location hidden

#747838 Jun 20, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they were so scared of RR that they still see everyone who opposes them seriously as RR.
I don't know who this RR was, but he really must have left a big impression on them. He still haunts them.
Riiiiight

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#747839 Jun 20, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
I went in the bathroom , you could tell he had been in there.
We exited the building.......gag.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#747840 Jun 20, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>I think they were so scared of RR that they still see everyone who opposes them seriously as RR.

I miss him, he was funny. I don't think you're him, or funny but suggesting that anyone was scared of RR is close to comical. Maybe if you word it differently?

Cheers.

Location hidden

#747841 Jun 20, 2014
wilderide wrote:
Then you must have problems with most of the Old Testament. And that would be to your credit.
Not really. Off the top of my head I'm not all that crazy about Solomon. He enacted slave labor for his building projects, authorized the use of whips on his ''forced laborers''. Had multiple wives and concubines. The word piggish comes to mind. Then he is praised for having all this wisdom. His old man did all the dirty work and he sits back and reaps the benefits. But that is just me.
<quoted text>
And God didn't want to rock the boat, so he let that slide. Hmmmm.
Yeah, He lets us go our own way. Eventually judgement comes down.
<quoted text>
I've said several times that I find slavery immoral. How much clearer can I be?
Slave owners have no problem with owning slaves and under atheist assumptions that position is as equally valid as yours and has all sorts of historical precedent. Your judgement carries no more weight than your opinion. These also ignore the different types. There is nothing inherently immoral about one man being a volunteer slave to another. Slave owners were responsible to God for housing, feeding, helping to raise the children. In many instances slaves were considered extended families. Illegitimate sons were (or could be) considered slaves. There was Ishmael, the son of the slave woman and Isaac, the son of Sarah. Abraham was a father to them both. Yet Ishmael was positionally inferior. Jephthah was thrown out because his mother was a harlot. You are simply basing many of your assumptions on total ignorance.
Cheetah

Hamrun, Malta

#747842 Jun 20, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! And that makes slavery OK? And how optional was it for the slaves? Give me a break.
You can't see everything out of perspective.
You must realize that there was a lot of poverty in those days and being a slave meant you had a decent life with guaranted food and lodging.
Also the word slave is a mistranslation since the original word meant more a servant rather than a slave.
You must also realize that being a slave did not mean you were in chains and whipped, as we have the mistaken picture today. In fact no such slaves are ever mentioned in the Bible as far as I know.
Most slaves were in fact household servants and usually treated like one of the family. Or just doing ordinary work with free housing, food and other amneties.
That's the way the social system was back then, and it worked for both masters and "slaves".

The fact that Paul adressed his letter to slaves proves that slaves were free to practice their religion and also go about freely among the public.

Location hidden

#747843 Jun 20, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why won't you answer the question? Do you think slavery is moral or not? It's a yes or no question. I can answer unequivocally that it's not.
And how do you explain God not only condoning slavery, but actually ordering it? Does God "abandon itself in a general sense" when it commands the Hebrews to enslave others? Give me a break.
I will go with the slaves from the 19th century United States who viewed the Bible as liberation while you crawl in bed with slave owners who say the Bible condones slavery. The overall tone of the Bible is liberation. Justice for all. Peace with God.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#747844 Jun 20, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that posters were hiding their identities, lying scum.
I said that they were using multiple identities and posting under other posters names.
You are one of them and the main culprit. You gave yourself in when you posted as Cheetah from that same Texas IP you are using now. Which proves that you are a dirty, lying coward.
No, that was me, diphthong. You're very confused.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#747845 Jun 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I will go with the slaves from the 19th century United States who viewed the Bible as liberation while you crawl in bed with slave owners who say the Bible condones slavery. The overall tone of the Bible is liberation. Justice for all. Peace with God.
Liberation? It was the only book they were given and they were whipped to read it. You are a sick, twisted nitwit. A Christian.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#747846 Jun 20, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote there is proof he existed. Then refused to provide said proof.
You lying to yourself and others is definitely not my problem. Nor are any and all assumptions of the addled.
Wrong! I wrote there is more proof for his existence than they're for his not existing. again, better biblical scholars than you or I agree he existed. I personally don't think it's his humanity that is being debated but his divinity is what is in question.. refute he never existed with more than denying him by the Bible..Google is your friend..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We do NOT need any walls! 4 min my opinions 35
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 46 min SiverrideNedreck 37,145
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 47 min Reality is Bliss 688,830
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 51 min HFCS - What It Is 3
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,550
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 hr Classic 4,333
Harden and James....'the Beard Brothers' 9 hr Doctor REALITY 2
More from around the web