Oh okay .... ya lying Maltese pussycat!
Rawr.

I like it when you call me pussycat.
Cheetah

Malta

#747535 Jun 19, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does, apparently you don't read your own bible. Those are remarks from Jesus, you know the ones in red?
I cant recall which gospel it is in, but I will look it up tomorrow if you don't believe me. Jesus didn't believe in church and the priests, all the rites and ceremonies. He said he was a son of god, that we are all sons of god. He said the kingdom of god is not is the buildings and if we wish to find the kingdom of god to look inside us.
Yes, Jesus said that he was the son of God, but he never said that everyone is a son of God. That title was only reserved for those who followed his teachings of Love. In fact Jesus defined the Commandments as Love "Love God and love your neighbor."
Remember the sermon he gave his followers in Matthew 5 which I posted earlier?
Blessed are the peacemakers, the gentle (meek), the merciful etc. for they shall be called the sons of God, they shall inherit the earth, they shall see God.
These are not light promises but tremendous ones.

About churches and ceremonies. Jesus told the woman at the well, who was a Samaritan and not a Jew, so she didn't believe in the Jewish religion, when she told him "We worship God on the mountain while you Jews worship him in the temple."
Jesus answered "God is a spirit and one must worship him in spirit." The place is not important.

About the Kingdom of God I will explain in another post. Even most Christians are mistaken about it, because it is not in heaven but will be established on earth under Christ's rule.
"They shall inherit the earth"
Isn't that wonderful?
Same as most Christians are mistaken about hell. It is not somewhere in space but will also be on earth to devour the wicked at Christ's rule.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#747536 Jun 19, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not very smart.
Your posts are consistently stupid.
This is not an insult but a statement of fact.
Just as much as stating Catcher is a [email protected] is a statement of fact and not an insult.

Location hidden

#747537 Jun 19, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I read something about that the other day - that the Hebrew Bible is basically a 'by them, for them' kind of thing.
'Love thy neighbor' meant to love fellow Jews, and 'thou shalt not kill' meant do not kill Jews.
Everyone else was fair game, with Yahweh's blessings.
You are a biblical illiterate. There were plenty of non Jews who lived with the Israelites. Other countries had peace with Israel. You read something? Out of a comic book?
uidiotRACEMAWORL DPEACE

United States

#747538 Jun 19, 2014
Barry Morris Goldwater (1909-1998)
Republican Senator from Arizona, candidate for President (1964)

Barry Goldwater On religious issues there can be little or no compromise. There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both.
I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me? And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism."
-- Barry Goldwater, speech to the US Senate (September 16, 1981). Quoted from wikiquote.org .

Location hidden

#747539 Jun 19, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a belief about how the universe was created. There are many scientific theories, but beyond the empirical evidence for a big bang, we don't know if the universe began that way, or whether it keeps expanding and contracting, possibly infinitely.
I find it interesting that you can be skeptical about the universe being created and yet think that your god is infinite. Who or what created God? And if God can be infinite then why can't matter and the universe?
I find it interesting you do not take a position and yet find time to be critical of those who do. Like a do nothing criticism of those who do. Don't have a belief on how the universe was created assumes it was created. You just assume no Intelligence was involved therefore this event happened for no particular reason at all. Maybe it was little green men from another dimension. Anything but God. If God is Infinite then that means no start point, Einstein.
uidiotRACEMAWORL DPEACE

United States

#747540 Jun 19, 2014
William Franklin "Billy" Graham (b. 1918) I don't want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.
-- Billy Graham, Parade, February 1, 1981, from Albert J Menendez and Edd Doerr, The Great Quotations on Religious Freedom
uidiotRACEMAWORL DPEACE

United States

#747542 Jun 19, 2014

The Doxology ... that testimonial to the Platonic Trinity, which divided the Roman Empire into at least eighteen quarreling sects, none of whom knew what they were fighting about, and which schisms contributed to the decline and fall of this greatest of states. Rome had thrived for one thousand years with pagan gods at the helm and expired after only one hundred and fifty years under the Christian banner.
-- Ruth Hurmence Green, "What I Found When I 'Searched the Scriptures,'" from The Book of Ruth (1982), quoted from Annie Laurie Gaylor, editor, Women Without Superstition, p. 474
Cheetah

United States

#747543 Jun 19, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I find it interesting you do not take a position and yet find time to be critical of those who do. Like a do nothing criticism of those who do. Don't have a belief on how the universe was created assumes it was created. You just assume no Intelligence was involved therefore this event happened for no particular reason at all. Maybe it was little green men from another dimension. Anything but God. If God is Infinite then that means no start point, Einstein.
Call me pussycat
uidiotRACEMAWORL DPEACE

United States

#747544 Jun 19, 2014
Dr. Maxine Greene
Columbia University professor
Maxine GreeneWe go to sea repeatedly from Melville's time on -- and the image of men at sea, like the image of men in the wilderness, seems to me to be almost an archetypal image of human beings on their own, human beings making their own way, guiding themselves by the stars they can see -- rather than by faith or prayer or invisible forces.
-- Maxine Greene, Man without God in American Fiction, a paper read to the New York chapter of the American Humanist Association, December 14, 1962

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#747545 Jun 19, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Back in the day, your type would be screaming from a street corner wearing a sandwich board and scaring children and small animals. Thankfully we now have the internet where you can be contained and rendered harmless. Thankfully this outlet exists for you to make a fool of yourself.
LOLOL! It was also possible to throw rotten eggs and tomatoes in the old days.
uidiotRACEMAWORL DPEACE

United States

#747546 Jun 19, 2014
Donald Henry Gudehus (b. 1939)
American astronomer and composer

R

The history of religion can be compared to a layer cake -- a mountain of layers of stale dogma, interspaced with the congealed blood of its victims, and overlaid with a sweetened opiate to make itself appealing to the gullible.
-- Donald Gudehus, August 14, 2004, in a letter to Cliff Walker (September 11, 2004)

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#747548 Jun 19, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
There are, literally, mountains of scientific evidence, across many scientific disciplines, which confirm the fact that living things evolve and adapt over time.
What I don't get is why is it necessary to ignore facts in order to accept a literal interpretation of the Bible. Many Christian sects consider the creation stories in Genesis to be allegorical.
Welcome back, Wilde.

Yes that's true. But it's easier not to teach their kids Science properly in Xian schools, then they don't have to look @ the evidence.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#747549 Jun 19, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>i understand you now, Proxy Queen. You are just an attention whore.
"Modern" democracy began in Athens in the 6th Century BCE. Hmmm, no Christianity there. Democracy dates back to pre-Babylonian Mesopotamia. India had democracy in BCE eras as well. Not a Christian in sight. Early Democracies failed at the hands of Christian theocracy and its believe or burn scorched Earth policy.
The Iroquois had a democracy that the Founders based many of their principals on. When the Colonists tried to establish their theocratic fiefdoms, they murdered Iroquois, as well as each other, as a result.
Finally, there is the Constitution of the United States. The most liberal document ever composed as laws of a country. We the people. Not lords, not gods, not masters. The Establishment Clause prevents a theocracy despite attempts by evil Christians to circumvent it since the establishment of the Bill of Rights.
Iroquois? I didn't know about their democracy, only about the Greeks which is where the word comes from.

Smart pagans, the lot of them.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#747551 Jun 19, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Welcome back, Wilde.

Yes that's true. But it's easier not to teach their kids Science properly in Xian schools, then they don't have to look @ the evidence.
True and also, atrocious.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#747552 Jun 19, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control."
I don't think you are channeling the Holy Spirit.
Don't you love a hypocrite?
:-)

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#747554 Jun 20, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm.
I was not, as I recall, addressing you. But that's a minor point - I jump in also, from time to time.
And I am, in fact, hoping to remove to West Kerry in the fairly near future - which will NOT affect my Internet access. We have electrickery and everything.
Þ
Aye Mac, to be sure.
uidiotRACEMAWORL DPEACE

United States

#747556 Jun 20, 2014
Webb v. Town of Republic (1998)
US District Court for the Western District of Missouri (Southern Division)

The portrayal of the fish impermissibly excludes other religious beliefs or nonbeliefs and--intended or not--depicts Christianity as the religion recognized and endorsed by the residents of Republic.The Republic city seal pervasively invades the daily lives of non-Christians and sends a message that they are outsiders. The Constitution forbids such a result.
-- Russell G Clark, Jummary Judgement in Webb v. Town of Republic (Missouri), regarding its use of the Jesus Fish symbol on the town seal (ACLU Ozarks Chapter)

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#747557 Jun 20, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Persecuted? Meek? Mourners? Poor in spirit Those are slave ethics. I can give you better ones
Blessed are the just.
Blessed are the kind
Blessed are the loyal
Blessed are the responsible
Blessed are the courageous
Blessed are they with integrity
Blessed are the industrious.
Blessed are the wise
Blessed are they that learn and teach all they can
That's mo' bettah. Jesus was no spiritual genius.
Very good, IANS. Another question is who would want the inherit the Earth these days, if they were too meek to do something about global warming.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#747558 Jun 20, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
To begin with, loonie, I am not trying to insert religion into schools or government or anywhere else.
Secondly people have a right to let their children learn religion at school.
They also have a right to choose Christians for government in a democratic country according to the majority choice.
Who are you, a tiny minority, who want to impose atheism in schools and government?
You are also a liar because no one is imposing religion in schools or government.
You can choose if you don't want your kids to learn religion in school, no one is imposing it on anyone who doesn't want to.
You are obviously suffering from persecution delusions due to your atheist brainwashing.
If anyone's suffering from delusions, it's you. If anyone has a persecution complex, it's you.

People have a right to not have religion forced on their children in their schools... and it isn't, not anymore.

If a child wants to pray at school, they can. If a child doesn't want to pray, no one can force them to.

And that's what's really getting you all hot under the collar. If kids pray in school, they'll probably be doing it alone, or in relatively small groups. Today, in their schools, they are the tiny minority.

Besides, those of religious persuasion already have places for that... tax free.

What do you have to complain about?

Not much, not really.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Gods View 30,889
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 12 min Halle Berry Sister 4,315
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min kent 687,240
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min Dohhh 286,551
8.1 Earthquake Off the Coast of Mexico 36 min Concerned 3
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 5 hr Jack Pitan 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr lil whispers 619,792
More from around the web