Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
We have proof of a universe.

what proof?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#745032 Jun 12, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>The thought that Topix is representative of everything else is more than a little disheartening.
Agreed.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#745033 Jun 12, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Was this to me?
No, this post was not to you and I do apologize for losing my cool with you in other posts. I, like everyone, am imperfect and do lose control of my emotions when I am denigrated/put down/made fun of or when I feel attacked/am attacked.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#745034 Jun 12, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it amusing.
I'm not trying to be a d_ick about it. Gort's having issues and I think I know why. Nano doesn't have a clue. She just likes calling people liars.

Why not just register and post like a normal person?

That's assuming gort isn't already registered.

On the other hand, he could be in a situation where he has to do what he's doing in order to post at all...

Doubt it...

Dunno.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#745035 Jun 12, 2014
gort wrote:
"Gort's complaining about his comments not getting posted."
not getting posted?
father of lies.
documents?
who's complaining? you have no choice. you hate truth and losing.
Okay.

Technically, that is NOT your complaint.

Technically, that's IS your problem.
JFC

North Augusta, SC

#745036 Jun 12, 2014
Zeiss wrote:
<quoted text>
But that is exactly the question.
Where did the material universe come from?
Which is the biggest proof of a creator God.
And where the atheist argument falls.
Try not to strain your brain with this. If God can come from nothing, why couldn't the universe?

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#745038 Jun 12, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends.
Really?

You're so young!
Zeiss

Sliema, Malta

#745039 Jun 12, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we are parasitic in some ways.
Most atheists are.

Thanks for admitting it.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#745040 Jun 12, 2014
gort wrote:
gort wrote:
<quoted text>
you fooled me, INQUISITOR, gw2.
What is wrong with you and others here who constantly have to assume and accuse people of being other people. I am Joyful. Ghost Writer is Ghost Writer. I do not use what you all call socks. I have no reason or use to. I am proud of the kind, intelligent Christian Mother of two that I am, as I am sure Ghost is proud of the great person he is. We don't need socks or at least I don't. I wonder why people can't just talk and debate instead of this childish stuff. Oh you must be RR. Oh you must be GW. Seriously, childish. Come on and grow up.
WHO ELSE ACCUSES YOU? how do u no who gw2 is?
u don't practice new testament body life. 1 cor. 14. his spirit gives some the gift of seeing into the hearts of people. u need to put down ur cigarette and get fresh air. u don't have long.
wut makes u dink joyful smokes cigarettes?

Hukt just can't imagine Joyful with Marlboro betwixt her lips.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#745041 Jun 12, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
hi Divinity Surgeon :) RR is not posting anymore ? why ?:)
Too much gossip.

Let's not talk about it.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#745043 Jun 12, 2014
WideAwakeInNC wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see how, or why I should waste my time,(or should anyone else) trying to prove to you that God exists for the simple reason that you cannot disprove his existence without reverting to "the Big Bang Theory" and will consistently FAIL to explain or Prove HOW that big bang happened.
Prove there is a God? Sure, You're here, and so is this planet of billions of complex and simple organisms that all work (without human intervention) in a symbiotic nature to live.
Proof that there is a God beyond that?
I'll prove to you that God exists as soon as you prove to me how your brain developed in such a complex structure that allows you to refute his existence while KNOWING that he is the only 'thing' that could ever create such complex, such microscopic structures that are able to be both duplicated, yet so unique.
(Remember, Big Bang fails to explain how it came to happen... if there was "NOTHING" to begin with, then nothing could have exploded, and therefore, you might not exist!)
Nothing in your post comes anywhere close to proof of a god.

There isn't any proof of a god.
Zeiss

Sliema, Malta

#745044 Jun 12, 2014
gort wrote:
atheists don't deceive!
Of course they don't.

Thanks for the laugh.
Exectgraead

Pittsburgh, PA

#745046 Jun 12, 2014

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#745048 Jun 12, 2014
Iron Balls McGentee wrote:
<quoted text> Because all things that begin to exist needs a cause. The Creator did not begin to exist. Some like you just do not want God to exist. Evolution iz boring to tears to read. Darwin is about as exciting as Mein Kampf. Dull. That is why hardly anybody reads it.
There's this argument some people of your ilk put forth hat goes something like this..

If the universe is infinitely old, then the present could never have been arrived at.

Okay.

If the Creator has always existed, then he could never have gotten around to creating anything.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#745049 Jun 12, 2014
/hat/that/

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#745050 Jun 12, 2014
Zeiss wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they don't.
Thanks for the laugh.
You're most welcome, Redneck.

We're having fun, aren't we?

:)

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#745051 Jun 12, 2014
gort wrote:
posting with proxies is forbidden. thanks. never knew that
Didn't say that.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#745052 Jun 12, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
To understand how things began, we must start at the beginning.
Funny how just because I am trying to see things others ways and because I don't believe that the Bible is the true and complete word of God, some who are Christians want to turn against me and tell me I will burn. I am sorry for anything that I said that to some of you that was out of line. I do have a moral compass and it bothers a lot when I let my emotions get the best of me. Just get tired of people treating me like I am stupid or telling me I am ignorant. I am and have been trying to broaden my horizons and learn all that I can. Anyone who doesn't believe me, I cannot help that. I am not here to be made fun of or to be put down. I am here to learn and broaden my horizons.
You said it best when you said your mother made you sit out of classes at school when they covered the subject of evolution. Your mother had no inkling of what a disservice she was doing to you and how much it would affect your future knowledge. What you learn in school is very hard to follow as an adult. Our brains change. I do believe you are trying, but its like trying to swim with your hands tied.

First thing you are learning is that education and independent thought is not welcome in a religious community. Why would your personal god wish you to burn for learning about the world you live in? Is it your god that wishes it, or your preacher and fellow church members?

Education is the bane of religion. The less you know the more control they have over you. And all I wish you to know is what school children are taught. There are religious people who are very well educated, even presidents, and they did well in college. They learned everything available to them. Some scientists are religious, but they don't let it stand in the way of doing their research. They still follow the truth of theirs tests.

You can only imagine how unbelievers are treated in society, just with your treatment. And you are a Christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Rosesz 646,709
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Atheist Buster 48,973
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min onemale 281,271
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 21 min DebraE 22
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,083
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 2 hr sno333 2
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 3 hr USA-1 38,758
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr Bunz7893 44,699
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr Just Think 105,632
More from around the web