Robot statue.

Just. Wow.

I'm out.
IPSEC

North Richland Hills, TX

#744148 Jun 10, 2014
GhostWriter2U wrote:
<quoted text>
What most atheists today DON'T know, is that Charles Darwin came from a long line of English freethinking materialists.

It's ironic that Darwinian evolution atheists today accuse Christians of having blind faith when history shows that it was young Darwin who started out with presuppositions that he projected into his work .:)
You champion yourself as some superior thinker and incredible genius and researcher yet you begin this post with three glaring, fatal flaws.

1. You write 'most atheists' without any proof of your assertion. You can not back this assertion in any way.

2. Knowledge of evolution or Darwin is not necessary for atheism. Certain non-sectarian Buddhists, for example, would not. While atheists can hold established science in high regard, it is not a requirement.

3. Darwin died 150 years ago. You don't use the same harmonic telegraph that Bell used to communicate with Watson nor do you use the same medical technology of the day. Darwin is immaterial at this point. Calling people Darwin evolutionists is just plain silly.

Science has moved way past Darwin just as it has moved past all of his contemporaries. Evolutionary science is intertwined with all other scientific disciplines and is fundamental to their continued growth and discovery. Evolutionary science is critical to modern medicine and even geology.

Do petroleum engineers in 2014 hunt for oil reserves using modern geological techniques refined and defined with evolution or do they use Noachian flood technology? Do molecular biologists study germ theory refined and defined by evolution or do they use pigeon blood?

Can you be honest with yourself?

The rest of your post was such blithering nonsense as to be painful.

One final point. Let's say you were somehow able to completely discredit evolutionary science. That would not prove your Bible any more than disproving your Bible would prove the Koran.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#744149 Jun 10, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you know about this "Creator"? How do you know it? Who told you about it?
Slow down with the questions. Lol.:)

I know what he has related to me through my times with him. I know that he is and that he will always be there in my times of need and sadness. I do not mean when I want something or when I want him to do something for me, but when I need him to guide me through the trials in my life, as well as when I need to go to him in thanks for the many blessings that he has granted me. I know him because he has made himself known to me in my spiritual/personal experiences with him. I was brought up in Church and by my Mother and Father, learning about him.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#744150 Jun 10, 2014
Old_as_Dirt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes atheist assert that there is no proof God exists. The only problem is that an atheist cannot logically make that claim.
In order to state there is no proof for God's existence, the atheist would have to know all alleged proofs that exist in order to then state that there is no proof for God's existence. But, since he cannot know all things, he cannot logically state there is no proof for God's existence.
At best, an atheist can only state that of all the alleged proofs he has seen thus far, none have worked. He could even say he believes there are no proofs for God's existence. But then, this means there is the possibility that there is a proof or proofs out there, and that he simply has not yet encountered one.
Nevertheless, if there was a proof that truly did prove God's existence, would the atheist be able to accept it, given that his presuppositions are in opposition to the existence of God? In other words, given that the atheist has a presuppositional base that there is no God, in order for him to accept a proof for God's existence, he would have to change his presuppositional base. This is not easy to do, and would involve a major paradigm shift in the belief structure of the atheist. Therefore, an atheist is presuppositionally hostile to any proofs for God's existence, and is less likely to be objective about such attempted proofs.
We can fix that all quite simply and quickly. Anyone who "knows" their deity exists simply has to conjure that deity up for all to see, or admit that they are operating on induced supposition rather than fact.
The crister deity has been fairly debunked by it's own followers writings and actuality in the span of the last 3000 years. In effect, it has defied all known laws of the physics concerning existence and left NO known evidence of it's interaction within the 3 dimensions we understand as reality and actuality. In the entire world civilization, it was not even known by societies without the domain of the Levant and nearby civilizations not connected with the religion's influence. That, in itself, leads to the conclusion that it could have only been the fabrication of localized "priests" in concert with political rulers of the time(s) seeking complete domination of the ignorant subjugate masses in an effort to procure power and wealth directed to it's own selfish interests. The wars and atrocities of that ruling edifice further shows how that deity was an ever changing elaborate fabrication, and was NOT an all powerful benign entity at all, as it was in violation of it's own tenets and laws. A very simple example of it's ineptness was the fact that it could NOT even defeat an iron chariot in the valleys of the adversaries it had intended to steal the land and resources from....and another is that it could not even protect the cherished "Arc of the Covenant" and the commandments and other sacred articles within....which was also "it's" own seat and dwelling place among mankind.....only a couple of examples of total failure --physically and spiritually.
Perhaps Abrum and Sarai should have never denounced Brahman and gone against the ancient Brahmins and Devas as he did. The religion he spawned degraded to the same materialistic throws of decadence(and worse) which he was rejecting....and you "abrahamic's" are living proof of it.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#744151 Jun 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein wrote on 24 March 1954 –“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.”
But still godbots repeatedly misrepresent his writings.
Yeah, and they still hold on to that Hitler killed in the name of Darwin delusion.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#744152 Jun 10, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
It might be a conditioned response, but reading that we evolved from apes never made sense at all. Not because of my Christianity but because of the thought of how in the world could a human come from or evolve from an animal.
Do you have a natural history museum nearby?

If so, I suggest a visit.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#744153 Jun 10, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Theres no need to" believe " in evolution,its an established FACT that it happens,only theory is How..
www.talkorigins.org
Will take a look at your link. Thank you for posting it. As far as you are concerned, there is no need to believe. As far as you are concerned, it is an established FACT that it happens. If it were completely absolute, there would not be so many people out there that do not believe it to be true, IMO.:) How do you know evolution happened for sure without knowing how it happened?
IPSEC

North Richland Hills, TX

#744154 Jun 10, 2014
GhostWriter2U wrote:
<quoted text>
You've identified one of the most puzzling issues regarding Christianity. It's a decent observation.
The truth is that there are primary (core) doctrines and secondary doctrines. The list of core doctrines is surprisingly small when compared to secondary doctrines.
Core doctrines:
God exists and is the creator, judge, and king of all.
God is triune.
Jesus is the Son of God.
Jesus during his time on Earth was both fully human and fully divine.
Jesus was executed, rose from the dead, and ascended to rule until he returns.
Secondary doctrines:
Baptism
Communion
End times
Music
Holidays
Sabbath
Circumcision
Food
Alcohol consumption
Interpretation (literal vs. metaphoric)
etc.
The list of secondary doctrines are what most Christians argue about. The silly thing is, that none of the secondary categories listed are essential for eternal life. Only the core doctrines need to be affirmed.
While JWs and Mormons are further out in their doctrines, they still believe that God exists and that Jesus was crucified.
The triune god was not a core belief in Christianity in the beginning and was added by the Roman Catholics to attract the pagans. You'd think an amazing researcher and historian would be cognizant of that.

And, no, the 40,000 sects and schisms even differ on what you have fallaciously labelled as core beliefs.
IPSEC

North Richland Hills, TX

#744155 Jun 10, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good.
Equality and the elimination of discrimination doesn't stop at any doorstep.
Ah, but some Christians think if you remove the cudgel from their hand as they are beating you with it they are being discriminated against.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#744156 Jun 10, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>The triune god was not a core belief in Christianity in the beginning and was added by the Roman Catholics to attract the pagans. You'd think an amazing researcher and historian would be cognizant of that.
And, no, the 40,000 sects and schisms even differ on what you have fallaciously labelled as core beliefs.
The Ghost guy is afflicted with delusions of adequacy.
IPSEC

North Richland Hills, TX

#744157 Jun 10, 2014
gort wrote:
you don't have to get so hysterical, INQUISITOR. you embarrass yourself just fine. when i'm done humiliating you, you'll realize you were helpless all along, fool
Another hubristic nitwit who couldn't talk his way out of a paper bag. Why do Topix Christians enjoy self-flagellation so much? Why do the self-appointed spokeswhores for the hippie zombie enjoy making their religion look even more foolish?

That is the great mystery of Christianity. I understand why Apologetics, Inc and the Professional Grifter Preachers do it. It's good money for little work but why look like a fool for free?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#744158 Jun 10, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
=========
And here is more from this same man, a call to "spritual violence"
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/matthew...
On yesterday's "Hagee Hotline," Matthew Hagee called on conservative Christians to become more "spiritually violent" in fighting against things like gay marriage and abortion because secularists who support such things have "become violent with people of faith."
Citing the Supreme Court's recent ruling upholding sectarian prayer at government meetings, Hagee said that he would have rejoiced if the ruling has been 8-1 "because then we would know that we have one liberal judge that we needed to get rid of." But the actual 5-4 ruling is cause for alarm because it means that prayer is just one vote away from being entirely eliminated from public life, Hagee warned, and that "ought to be something that causes us to be chilled to the bone."
"It's absolute nonsense for us to be debating the value of prayer," Hagee said, just as it is "absolute nonsense" to even be having debates over issues like gay marriage and abortion. The reason such debates are happening, he said, is because Christians are not being "intrusive enough to make sure that our faith is established in our culture."
As a result, secularists have "become violent with people of faith" and Christians need to fight back.
"There is a value in spiritual violence," Hagee declared, "and it is time that you considered the role that you are playing or not playing and whether or not it's time for you to become more aggressive in your beliefs":
=========
He reminds me of this one:
"I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good...Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a Biblical duty, we are called by God, to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism." - Randall Terry, Founder of Operation Rescue. 1993
The atrocious mentality and agenda has never changed.....only the witnessed acts of that violent atrocity, due to society having aspired to a higher level in many parts of the world society.
IPSEC

North Richland Hills, TX

#744159 Jun 10, 2014
GhostWriter2U wrote:
<quoted text>
What most atheists today DON'T know, is that Charles Darwin came from a long line of English freethinking materialists. His father Robert was an atheist, and his grandfather Erasmus held a Unitarian theology which is basically the same as that of an agnostic or freethinking deist. These ideologies and philosophies influenced young Charles to become interested in the sciences. His atheist father, Robert, sent Charles to Cambridge University to obtain a degree in theology so that he could live on a government income for life. Charles never really embraced or felt called to become a clergyman. On the H.M.S. Beagle, Darwin took an interest in the animal life he saw, and took notes. The ship's captain, Robert FitzRoy was a Christian who interpreted the bible very literally. It was this literalism, coupled with presuppositions handed down from his grandfather and father, that spurred young Darwin to start his work on the origin of the species.
In other words, Darwin was projecting his own naturalistic views and his father's and grandfather's atheistic views into his observations as if they were already a foregone conclusion. Not very scientific by any standard. The theories were accepted with great enthusiasm upon his return to England among atheists and freethinkers who were eager to find a reason to reject religion in general and Christianity in particular.
It's ironic that Darwinian evolution atheists today accuse Christians of having blind faith when history shows that it was young Darwin who started out with presuppositions that he projected into his works. Stranger still, these same atheists will accuse Christian apologists of "looking for reasons" to support their faith as if we needed to invent reasons after coming to faith. While I suspect that some people who adhere to any philosophical ideology may do so with little or no inquiry before, there are a much greater multitude who come to faith ***because*** of evidence. The hypocrisy of the Darwinian evolutionary atheist is laughable because it is their hero who projected his own naturalistic philosophies into his life's work. His premise became his conclusion and his life can be best described as a fruitless exercise in circular reasoning and empty rhetoric.
An the atheists here don't think I know anything about history or historical research. I wonder how many of them knew this about their beloved hero. Now watch the "atheist apologetics" start as they try to engage in damage control.:)
It's obvious you don't read this nonsense before you cut and paste it or you would have edited out this line:

His atheist father, Robert, sent Charles to Cambridge University to obtain a degree in theology so that he could live on a government income for life.

Thank you for proving Christianity is a sham, a scam, and a way to easy money.
IPSEC

North Richland Hills, TX

#744160 Jun 10, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ghost guy is afflicted with delusions of adequacy.
Of course. He created a god in his own image.
IPSEC

North Richland Hills, TX

#744163 Jun 10, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
Will take a look at your link. Thank you for posting it. As far as you are concerned, there is no need to believe. As far as you are concerned, it is an established FACT that it happens. If it were completely absolute, there would not be so many people out there that do not believe it to be true, IMO.:) How do you know evolution happened for sure without knowing how it happened?
Wait, what? Your a argument is that something is falsified based on the amount of people that 'believe' in it? You're not being serious, are you, because that is so fundamentally flawed as to be cringe worthy.

Evolutionary science has nothing to do with belief, anyway. It is established by fact. The change in alleles over time is based in fact, not belief.

Dear God, why do your self-appointed spokeswhores make fools of themselves willingly on Topix?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#744164 Jun 10, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mac!
Long time no read.
How are things in the Isle o' Green ?
Hi, Dude. I'm back in Florida, haven't been home since January - my Dad died. I'm hoping to move back permanently in the next year or so...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#744165 Jun 10, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Gday Mac!
It's the same old story really.
The more things change...
IPSEC

North Richland Hills, TX

#744166 Jun 10, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 U wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in the minds of deluded atheists.:)
This is the very reason that you fear "wedge tactics" from Christianity. It's because the atheists who were delighted in Darwin's hypothesis used the same tactics to push the hypothesis into the academic arena to the point that they have "evolved" into "fact" over time because of their popularity, and not because the hypotheses are correct. Darwinian atheism rests on faith more than Christianity.
That's it. You've done it. You've proven, unequivocally, that you are nothing more than a charlatan. Evolutionary science requires no faith. It is a fact-based branch of science.

Darwin is as relevant to modern biology as Bell is to an iPhone.

Please continue, though. Wallowing in ignorance suits you perfectly.

'There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.' Kierkegaard

' Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the earth. Let us reflect that it is inhabited by a thousand millions of people. That these profess probably a thousand different systems of religion. That ours is but one of that thousand. That if there be but one right, and ours that one, we should wish to see the 999 wandering sects gathered into the fold of truth. But against such a majority we cannot effect this by force. Reason and persuasion are the only practicable instruments. To make way for these, free enquiry must be indulged; and how can we wish others to indulge it while we refuse it ourselves?' Thomas Jefferson
IPSEC

North Richland Hills, TX

#744167 Jun 10, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 U wrote:
<quoted text>
Confidence of adequacy. No charge for the correction.:)
A fools errand.

No charge for the correction, smarmy man of Fraud.
EVOLVING IMAGINATIONS

Louisville, KY

#744168 Jun 10, 2014
The more you post the more you make an azz out of yourself in an international forum, kiddo.

You are the first to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt the "origins of life", the first in the history of mankind to witness a species become an entirely different species and answered the age old question of "how did we get here" ?. CONGRATS !!!!!

You feelin me spokeswhore ?
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Wait, what? Your a argument is that something is falsified based on the amount of people that 'believe' in it? You're not being serious, are you, because that is so fundamentally flawed as to be cringe worthy.
Evolutionary science has nothing to do with belief, anyway. It is established by fact. The change in alleles over time is based in fact, not belief.
Dear God, why do your self-appointed spokeswhores make fools of themselves willingly on Topix?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Bongo 37,853
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 min Amandapanda19 4,075
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min truth 641,244
my name is lorna and morrcan cock is biggest 28 min lorna 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 46 min MUQ2 44,304
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 47 min Ruby88 53,750
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 47 min Steve III 297
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 618,359
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Anna 104,617
More from around the web