Prove there's a god.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#738708 May 28, 2014
Uh oh, a typo. Hod instead of God. Now the Riverdancer can just comment on that while ignoring the illustration of his dishonesty and stupidity.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#738709 May 28, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I refuse to believe in a god that answers prayers with a no.
I want a god willing to do a first-class job, just like the painters who are working on my house.
They know what they're doing, unlike that god of yours.
Now go pray.
I find it likely that you know next to nothing about paint. Based on that assumption, I'll go ahead and conclude that you aren't capable of determining whether or not the painters are doing a good job.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#738710 May 28, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:

That s NOT what you meant when you told Word, "He never talks to you", and you know it.
Yer full of shidt.
You assumed that when I said that to word, I meant that God talks to no one.

That isn't what I said.

Your "conclusion" is based off of your misunderstanding.

K

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#738711 May 28, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Then why do babies get STDs?
You make many claims that are not Biblically supported. To what authority do you profess these claims. You had sex outside of wedlock. Were you given an STD. Millions who have sex outside of marriage never get STDs. If your unsupported claim is right, your Hod is an idiot. It misses millions but gets innocent babies in the crossfire. An incompetent middle manager, at best. Actually , again, a reflection of you.
I fully understand this post. You claim to be a spokeswhore for an incompetent. You make unsupported claims. You make childish excuses for an incompetent omnipotent. You don't even recognize a ridiculous dichotomy you present:
My god wants you to fix your own problems.
vs.
My god gives whores STDs.
You'll excuse this away with Riverdancing but these two concepts are in abject opposition, you know, like both your brain cells.
Babies get STDs from their irresponsible and sexually immoral parents.

K
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#738713 May 28, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
Your assumptions are all mistaken.
I never said anything that you say here, or that I believe in them.
Unfortunately most atheists classify everyone as a fundamentalist Christian, without making any distinctions.
There are many different versions of Christianity, and most of them are mistaken on many things, including about what the Bible says.
This includes the teachings about heaven and hell.
For example the English word Hell was translated from two different Hebrew and Greek words, one of which and the most common was Hades which simply meant the Grave.
Even the account of Jesus' death says that he went to "hell" when he died, which meant that he went to the grave and was dead for 3 days and 3 nights before he was resurrected.
I am not telling you or anyone to believe this story, but just the confusion that many people have concerning what the Bible teaches about this subject, including most Christians.
It is the same with the concept of heaven. Nowhere does the Bible teach that one goes to heaven when he dies. Or to an eternal hell.
Just some basics because it will take many pages to explain in full from my long years of research, not just from the Bible.
Now tell us what you believe, since you do not believe in death and want others to know about it.
I don't believe in death? What? Weird.

So, it's my fault that you idiots all create a god in your own image and interpret the Bible in 3 billion different ways? I addressed your nonsense in my post. I don't care what you personally think happens, but you do think apostasy, a thought crime, is deserving of divine retribution. That is contained within the Bible. If you don't think that, then you don't believe the Bible.

Of course, none of you really do. You each treat it as a cafeteria plan, keeping and discarding what jibes with your personal ethos. A different god for each Christian. Your god never disagrees with you.

You paint yourself as a fundamentalist on these pages quite frequently. A fundamentalist like Ken Ham or Fred Phelps approach the dogma more honestly than you do. They are by no means honest in practice, but a literal interpretation of the evil Bible is more honest than your cafeteria, feel-good, I'm pretending to be a scholar so my interpretation is right and everyone else is wrong BS you are offering here.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#738715 May 28, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I refuse to believe in a god that answers prayers with a no.
I want a god willing to do a first-class job, just like the painters who are working on my house.
They know what they're doing, unlike that god of yours.
Now go pray.
Their omnipotent is so incompetent it hires the most ridiculous spokeswhore a available, bitch slPs them in the head, talks to them in their own voices, but from outside!, and allows them to make both He and then fools 24/7 on Topix. If it were real, it should be impeached and incarcerated for malfeasance.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#738716 May 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't what I said.
K
That's exactly what you meant. There's nothing in any of the discussion that followed to indicate otherwise.

Yer full of shidt... it's obvious to everyone. You can't back your way out this, so don't try.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#738717 May 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it likely that you know next to nothing about paint. Based on that assumption, I'll go ahead and conclude that you aren't capable of determining whether or not the painters are doing a good job.
You're questioning whether a homosexual has an aesthetic eye for interior decorating? You are delusional.
Screw Religion

Scottsdale, AZ

#738718 May 28, 2014
Rodny wrote:
That reminds me...
Like Riverside Redneck, Ghost Rider and our other resident fundies, you're a completely brainwashed mentally retarded white trash redneck pile of shit and you haven't a single socially redeemable quality.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#738719 May 28, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly what you meant. There's nothing in any of the discussion that followed to indicate otherwise.
Yer full of shidt... it's obvious to everyone. You can't back your way out this, so don't try.
Your belief is not a necessity of the truth.

You can have the last word.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#738720 May 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel free to conclude whatever you want, it matters not to me.

I sought bids, selected expert painters (licenced, bonded) with excellent recommendations, I did my research, and I have seen the fine work they are doing.

They are not only painting--they repaired/replaced wood suffering termite damage, sanded down, returned to the paint store when the colors weren't precisely what we had chosen, and they do a great clean-up job daily.

Not the cheapest of painters, but they are doing a very good job.

All this with no help from any god.

Now get back into your filthy garage and pray some more.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#738721 May 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't what I said.
K
If it can talk to you, it is material. If it is material, it is testable and falsifiable. If not, it is nothing more than delusion or abberation.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#738722 May 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Babies get STDs from their irresponsible and sexually immoral parents.
K
So, they deserve it then. Check! Idiot.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#738723 May 28, 2014
trailoftears wrote:
People often say that you cannot disprove God but I do not necessarily agree with that entirely. In my view, as long as you don't describe your god in too much detail, he is safe. You can always keep pushing him back or giving him qualities to get around logic arguments. But what if a specific god is credited with things that likely never actually happened? Doesn't this in some way disprove that specific god? If the things a specific god was supposed to have did not actually occur, or at least not the way described, doesn't this discredit the god, or at least how he is described to be?
For example, right off the bat, on the very first page, there seems to be many things wrong according to our current understanding of things. You can't have the separation of the light and dark to create day and night if you don't have a sun yet. You cannot have plants before the sun, considering it's the sun that makes plants grow in the first place. The order of things created as described in Genesis seems all wrong. The moon is not a light source, but the ancients weren't aware yet that the moon only reflects the one true light source (the sun) and is not a light source itself. It also seems very unlikely that you would have the Earth created before the sun, with what we currently know about how planets form.
There was a time when many believed that women and men had a different number of ribs due to the claim that God took a rib from Adam to create Eve. But it's pretty obvious not that men and women have the same number of ribs. You could also go into the unlikeliness of all people being started from just 2 individuals, given the short amount of time given in the Bible. There doesn't seem to be enough time to account for the diversity seen in all people, if the Bible were truthful. Evolution would have had to have been working in super-overtime. And this is just addressing issues with the very first story.
Throughout the Bible, there seems many things that likely never happened as described. This indicates to me that these stories are man-made due to the obvious human errors because an all-knowing god would never make such mistakes. For example, we cannot point to a time when the entire world spoke one language and then suddenly spoke many different languages. We know very much today about how languages form and evolve over time, making the tower story very unlikely, to say the least.
Other examples of things that seem unlikely would have to include the Great Flood. This seems a near impossibility and is more likely to have arose due to the witnessing of a severe localized flood, which are still quite common even today. It is unlikely that a boat big enough to hold 7 pairs of every clean animal and 2 of every unclean animal, could be made of wood (especially considering the food that would be required to feed them all). That's a lot room required and they never really explain how all of the animals got back to their proper locations (penguins in the Arctic, lions in Africa, kangaroos in Australia, etc...). It would have also taken the world quite a bit of time to recover if everything was under water for so long. It seems like many animals would have died from starvation while waiting from this recovery.
Another issue would have to be the Exodus. There is no archeological evidence to suggest that the Egyptians ever enslaved an entire nation of Hebrews. Their is no record, outside of the Bible, of all the first born in Egypt dying or of the many great plagues sent upon them. These are just some examples of the things that the Bible appears to get wrong. Prayer also doesn't seem to work as described. Prayer doesn't seem to have any higher degree of success than random chance or luck. So if the things a god is said to have been responsible for likely never happened, doesn't this somewhat discredit the god they are attributed to?JMO
And consider that if there were no Adam and Eve, there was no need for Jesus.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#738724 May 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
IPSEC wrote:
You're questioning whether a homosexual has an aesthetic eye for interior decorating? You are delusional.
You're inferring that Catcher is homosexual or the painter he hired is.

To which are you referring?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#738725 May 28, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>That's supposed to be an insult? Bwahahahaha. You're not even original.
Androgynous Numbskull Devours Every Transvestite.
That's how you do an insult, you God-addled nitwit. Everyone likes sex. Casual sex is awesome. Sex in a tuxedo is no fun.
i am better than you, you nitwit !! i was not trying to insult you !!! you are really a nitwit !!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#738726 May 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your belief is not a necessity of the truth.
You can have the last word.
Belief isn't the issue here.

You got so wrapped up in your current line of BS that, once again, you forgot all about your previous lines of BS.

If what you're saying is true, and you meant what you say you did, you would've responded in like many, many posts ago.

You can't give me the last word when it's already mine.

Yer full of shidt.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#738727 May 28, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>If it can talk to you, it is material. If it is material, it is testable and falsifiable. If not, it is nothing more than delusion or abberation.
Your intuition tells you things and it is non-material.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#738728 May 28, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel free to conclude whatever you want, it matters not to me.
I sought bids, selected expert painters (licenced, bonded) with excellent recommendations, I did my research, and I have seen the fine work they are doing.
They are not only painting--they repaired/replaced wood suffering termite damage, sanded down, returned to the paint store when the colors weren't precisely what we had chosen, and they do a great clean-up job daily.
Not the cheapest of painters, but they are doing a very good job.
All this with no help from any god.
Now get back into your filthy garage and pray some more.
Yeah, look out much it doesn't matter to youÂ…

Good work ain't cheap, cheap work ain't good.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#738730 May 28, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>I have zero reason to believe you, pothead.
Still doesn't change the fact that it is, what it is..I don't lie, shows no character..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min 2nd term x Trump 88,501
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min The Ragin Pagan 703,822
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 2 hr stupdwmen 20
Are Ukraine women naturally prideful? 2 hr stupdwmen 4
I'm making a dating blog. Any advice? 2 hr stupdwmen 3
Why are women from USA prefer casual dating ove... 2 hr stupdwmen 3
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 2 hr stupdwmen 7