Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#733247 May 19, 2014
Squirrel Pot Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot me. I came to your defense when you needed someone to defend against Pusherman's insistent claim that Indiana isn't part of the bible belt.
I thought you sounded like a very nice lady. It's sad you got upset so easily and are leaving.
Cookie?( Attaboy )

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#733248 May 19, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a place in New Zealand called Whakatane. In Maori a 'Wh' is pronounced like F.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whakatane
:-)
Google "F_cking, Austria"... first hit should be the wiki.

Topix won't let me post the link.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#733249 May 19, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you'd love it, sir.
You're welcome.
Thanks for taking down that hideous tranny pic.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#733250 May 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Through patience and understanding.
Through an open mind and an open heart.
Through finding your soul and realizing that it exists.
That's how I decided.
Then what happened to you?
You are a "fighting" militant crister who preaches just that. you are narrow minded, violent, prejudiced, and bigoted. So much so, no one wants anything to do with you aside from other bigoted hate mongers.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#733251 May 19, 2014
autosofdallas wrote:
I don't know how to prove it because it's going to be a long discussion. But one thing I'm sure, there is a God!
There's no proof of a god.

Location hidden

#733252 May 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians experience the same thing with God. I'm glad my analogy opened that up to you.
All you have to do is replace "red" with "God".
One can see, touch, feel, and taste the apple stupid. Where does your deity fit any of those proofs of actuality?

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#733253 May 19, 2014
Squirrel Pot Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot me. I came to your defense when you needed someone to defend against Pusherman's insistent claim that Indiana isn't part of the bible belt.
I thought you sounded like a very nice lady. It's sad you got upset so easily and are leaving.
Thank you SPP. Sorry. I try to be and think I am. Trust me it wasn't easily. May pop in now and then but too much for me. Thanks so much. Meant and means a lot that you were there.
NamBikerVet

New London, CT

#733254 May 19, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Dark matter was identified by applying reason to evidence ascertained from the careful study of galaxies. That is how we know it is there, even if many or most of its qualities are as yet unknown. This is analogous to finding somebody dead from strangling. We might know little or nothing about the killer, but we know one exists.
You do get to slip your hocus-pocus in through the back door an the back of that. Your crap has zero evidence or reason in support.
Actually no.

Dark matter is the "fudge factor" to correct the man-made models to describe the universe. Just a made up term and no one knows for sure if it is true or not.

Just like the big bang, the universe expanded immediately to a certain size thus defying the E=mc^2 relation (i.e, throwing it in the trash if the assertion is true)

Oh yeah, it was a Roman Catholic that first proposed the big bang, but this thread is intimidated by such notions.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#733255 May 19, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
Many people have claimed [Christian prayer works wonderfully.].
Yet we know that it doesn't.

That is why such people's anecdotes are of extremely limited value, like the one you reported, also subject to the various psychological mechanisms described at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
NamBikerVet

New London, CT

#733256 May 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of ignorant mumbo jumbo. You will find that many of the non believers on here are non believers precisely because they have studied the god books. And not just the abrahamic ‘our god dun it wiv magic’ godbooks.
A little education for you, the christians and christian church have done a considerable amount in the name of continuing it’s belief including hijacking all the glory by pasting their names up in flashing lights over a new hospital wing etc. Non believers are more circumspect and help improve humanity because that is their desire, not how good it makes them look in front of other christians. We have no need to lie about the meaning and origin of morality and no need to lie that facts are faith and that faith is fact and we have no need to make up words like truthiness, meaning something sounds right so it must be truth (very christian) to big up our belief
Who saved all the knowledge of bronze age magic, the church. And who wanted to improve the antiquated and defunct mores of ‘do as the bronze age book says or suffer the consequences’ for the benefit mankind, that my dear was those not restricted by bronze age dogma.
So who founded the great universities? In a period when the church was dominant to the extent of murdering objectors then yes many universities were founded by christianity and they taught nothing but biblical teaching, no education just ‘god dun it wiv magic’
You will note however that the oldest still functioning university is the University of al-Qarawiyyin, a muslim institution, closely followed by Al-Azhar University in Egypt another muslim school and the various Nizamiyya institutions. All operational hundreds of years before the first christian university at Bolognia.
Who discovered algebra and mathematics, not christians. Why were good christian scientists during the renaissance period hounded and placed under house arrest to suppress their heresy in suggesting that the babble was incorrect and providing proof. Proof that has caused the church in recent times to accept those scientists work and actually apologise posthumously to them.
The ancients Greeks are accredited with the invention of the dictionary long before your late JC was a twinkle in a Panteras eye (look it up)
The scientific method has more to do with muslim discipline than any christian input. The muslim disciplin in science was based in some part on early Egyptian (circa 1600 BC) works, again long before christianity was ever thought of.
And it is so easy to poke fun at godbots like you when you have little clue about most of what they claim.
You didn't need to write nearly that much to let everyone know that you are a liar. All you needed were four little words.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#733257 May 19, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
One can see, touch, feel, and taste the apple stupid. Where does your deity fit any of those proofs of actuality?
Tell 'em Cap'm!

Stick wid da facts.

Location hidden

#733258 May 19, 2014
We bring you another Important Announcement

He has been spotted

Rainbow

Man On The Silver Mountain

Location hidden

#733259 May 19, 2014
<quoted text>
I'm sure that your sister-in-law is not deliberately lying. It doesn't matter. The memories are subjected to a variety of psychological phenomena known to render such reports notoriously inaccurate:
[1] Confirmation bias - the tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs. Rejecting data contradictory to beliefs defends private conformity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =SoCqftOYHX4XX
[2] Normative influence – public conformity based on a person's desire to fulfill others' expectations, often to gain acceptance. Identification conformity occurs when people conform to what is expected of them based upon their social roles.
[3] Informational influence - public conformity occurring when people accept the opinions of others about reality even against their own impressions. http://www.youtube.com/watch...
[4] Misinformation effect - the tendency for false information (perhaps suggested by a leading question) to become integrated into memory, including both an altered memory of what was seen (omissions and distortions) and commensurate memories of that not seen (insertions). https://webfiles.uci.edu/eloftus/LoftusPalmer... and http://www.youtube.com/watch...
[5] Recognition conformity - misinformation effect combined with the information effect ("It was a miracle!") http://link.springer.com/article/10.3758%2FBF... and http://snipurl.com/28n3nba
[6] Insufficient justification effect – involves reducing cognitive dissonance by internally justifying one's behavior when external justification (punishment) is insufficient. http://snipurl.com/28nc2i0 One internally justifies one's conformity through change in belief (conversion). http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Festinger/ and http://www.youtube.com/watch...
[8] Teleological thinking – hardwired tendency to see things as having a purpose.
[9] Agenticity - the belief that things are controlled by a thinking and deciding mind, a type of anthropomophization. http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I don't know your sister-in-law, or whether any of these phenomena are in play with her and her husband, but because they are known to occur commonly in situations like these, it makes all such anecdotes of limited value.
Given the way these experiences are reported by similar people under similar circumstances (near death) using similar language (out of my body), I see no reason to believe that the experiences aren't neurophysiological and naturalisitic - like dreams, which are also described by similar people under similar circumstances (sleeping) using similar language (falling, couldn't run), except occurring under extreme brain stress..
What a pretty dress..

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#733260 May 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Gods share that quality with vampires and leprechauns. Nobody needs to believe in them for them to exist.
So what?
Everybody knows that vampires and leprechauns do not exist, not so with God.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#733261 May 19, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
You know they would never admit why they target only one of those.
What do you think we should admit to, and what do you contend is its significant? Do you have a point, or is this just more bitter character assassination and innuendo from you?

You like to make unprovoked attacks and then cry foul at the reactions. I'm taking Ghost Writer's advice: "If you have a problem with Nano, just ignore Nano. Or hand it back in spades like I do"

As I said recently, you reap what you sow, skank..

Location hidden

#733262 May 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Yet we know that it doesn't.
That is why such people's anecdotes are of extremely limited value, like the one you reported, also subject to the various psychological mechanisms described at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
You don't know it and cannot prove that it doesn't. Just like we don't know it and cannot prove that it does. All you can do is believe it doesn't work from not experiencing it and all we can do is believe that it does from our experience.:) Hagd

Location hidden

#733263 May 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yule and Saturnalia are extinct celebrations, why should they be considered?
No they are not. You may be brainwashed by your crister religion to that delusion, but it is a lie(you people live in denial)....In fact most of the decorations you use at xmas (yule) is Pagan tradition and nothing whatsoever to with crisinsanity- like holly, mistletoe, the green tree, Yule log etc... Even all your basilicas are all adorned with the very Pagan entities your church condemns. It is laughable. Vatican City is a treasure trove of Pagan symbolism and monuments. The Pagan builders incorporated them into the entire structure, so that when the Roman pigs held their service(s), the Pagans could covertly practice theirs at the very same time without fear of retribution and death. It has been the laughingstock of the Pagans for ages. Your basilicas(all over Europe) and such have all the necessary Pagan symbols and entities all incorporated in the "quarters"(and high points) of their structures as Kait earlier referenced, and we are laughing at you every time one of us passes by them, and even more so at the correct veil of light. LOL! Your most holy structures are built on and topped with Pagan symbols and adornments---How comical is that?! Hah hah hah!

Location hidden

#733264 May 19, 2014
Okay everyone. Hagd/n Gonna take much time away from here. :)

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#733265 May 19, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Everybody knows that vampires and leprechauns do not exist, not so with God.
What vampires, what leprechauns, and what god?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#733266 May 19, 2014
Scrooge wrote:

You've been brainwashed into worshiping an atheistic deity
Oh.

Wait, WTF is an atheistic deity?!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Trump Worshiper 679,392
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr TanRestedReady 2,896
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Chess Jurist 119,368
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 2 hr Alexander Chen 1,018
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Born again past JW 46,221
__POPE's 'World Plan' matches MARK of BEAST__ 4 hr WorldNewsYTube 1
Needs sex with a girl in London (Jan '14) 6 hr Gloriah23 4
More from around the web