That's laugh-out-loud funny.
Do some more math for us.
&sn s=em

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#732550 May 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Mr. Harris should read up more on philosophy before espousing it.
Here's a good start:
"Frankfurt concludes that although bullshit can take many innocent forms, excessive indulgence in it can eventually undermine the practitioner's capacity to tell the truth in a way that lying does not. Liars at least acknowledge that it matters what is true. By virtue of this, Frankfurt writes, bullshit is a greater enemy of the truth than lies are."
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0691122946...
you often condemn yourself,

you truly lack the intellect to appreciate the irony, must be a christian
KENTUCKY

Louisville, KY

#732551 May 18, 2014
...wrong
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
...a single word.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#732552 May 18, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Agreed, most of these just seem to be disgruntled Christian. X- Christian, they say Hitler was a Christian, because he was raised Catholic, but if you tell them that they are Christian simply because of the same logic they apply to Hitler, they Deflect quickly from that..
Exactly!!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#732553 May 18, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, right. And you have to believe in god in order to "know" it, right?
Talk about fuckin' hilarious.
Does your god live in that condom hanging from your ass? Is that why you won't pull it out?
"I know more about witchcraft than Kaitlin does because I watched the movie 'The Craft!'"
Nobody has to believe in God for it/him to exist.

I see you will never cease trying to offend people off the board, scumbag.

I know enough about wishcraft to get that trying for anything other, or *more* than healing a wound with some herbs requires invoking the presence of a spirit. Drawing the attention of those entities is about as dumb as thinking gasoline might quench a fire. Like I said, been there, done that.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#732555 May 18, 2014
"The point is that certain things absolutely exist with or without consensus of opinions. "

Yeah! They're called factual.

GoRR doesn't qualify.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#732556 May 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You described red as an abstruction derived from experiencing red light. Assume I'm blind, I've never seen a red apple or a rainbow. Tell me how it's factual that apples are red.
<quoted text>
That very much seems like an objective truth, which supports my original claim and questions about "what is truth"?.
Well first off not all apples are red, some are green, e.g. Granny Smith, some are yellow, e.g. golden delicious.

red is an abstraction, its what one society decides is red.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Now assume that I've never been in love, I don't know what the feeling is and I don't know what the big deal is all about. Tell me the truth of love, show me that it's factual.
<quoted text>
The point is that certain things absolutely exist with or without consensus of opinions.
its a state of mind an emotion, same as anger, hate, again an abstraction
---
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Last one, pretend that I've never heard of Christianity or it's Bible before. Give me the facts that that book was not written by a deity.
<quoted text>
By whose standards?
Well for one, if it was written by a perfect diety, it wouldn't have so many contradictions. way to many to list here, but there are pleanty of websites that list them, just google BIBLICAL CONTRADICTIONS.

http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_meritt...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#732557 May 18, 2014
Why is there no proof of GoRR?

Where does GoRR reside?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#732559 May 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice.
"Religion is a powerful motivator, and thus is often invoked in wartime, but the real reasons most wars have been fought have nothing to do with it. Instead, they have to do with political control–either allowing certain political leaders to gain or remain in power (e.g., who is the rightful heir to the throne) or they have to do with gaining political control of resources (e.g., land, money, food supplies, transportation and trade routes) or they have to do with a particular leader’s ambitions (i.e., being remembered as a great man, or not being remembered as a weak man). When leaders aren’t being totally naked about those things, they dress them up with national pride or religion, but ultimately they are not at the root."
"There are bad people in the Church. There are also those who will use religion as an excuse to commit acts of violence and leaders who would use it as an excuse to declare war. As Christians we need to denounce these things when they occur, but we don’t need to let ourselves be beaten with the “religion is the cause of most wars” argument, especially when it has no basis in historical fact."
http://www.jonsorensen.net/2012/09/18/is-reli...
regardless the "cause" of "the" war, most often religion is employed to fill the ranks of the combatants and to supply moral justification for the conflict (and killing)

The abrahamic faiths preach xenophobia and paranoia, the philosophy promotes bigotry and hatred.

The world would benefit from the demise of the abrahamic faiths.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#732560 May 18, 2014
Rodny wrote:
Many atheists also celebrate Christmas, not for religious reasons but for the partying fun.
Which is another example of atheist hypocricy. They hate Christmas but they celebrate it.
Scrooge, both the original one and the one posting here, were miserable atheists, always miserable and desperate, even when others were celebrating and happy.
Moral of the story
Being an atheist is not good for your health or sanity.
And this forum proves it.
You do realize that Christmas has its roots in pagan holidays and rituals, like most Christian holidays.

so one would have to ask, christians, esspecially those posting here hate atheists, but are always willing to celebrate pagan rituals

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#732561 May 18, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You'll have to ask the Christians who resent "Happy Holidays" and call it and other terms of inclusivity such as a "holiday tree" a War on Christmas, Here's one now, Bill O'Reilly
http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/12/17/orei...
Christian exceptionalism is the attitude that Christians are entitled to special rights or consideration that should not be given non-Christians. Another example is the attitude that putting up billboards proclaiming that Christi is lord is a good thing, and that if unbelievers don't like it, they are being unreasonable and should just look away, but that putting up billboards saying the opposite is offensive and provocative.
It has nothing to do with Christian exceptionalism. The holiday everyone always bitches about is Christmas. It's the only holiday people are complaining about. Cinco de Mayo was a few weeks ago, nobody was out there complaining that it's actually it actually should be called "5th of May".

"Happy Holidays" is in reference to one holiday, Christmas. Nobody ever says a word about happy Hanukkah or happy Kwanzaa. Companies have tried to forbid their employees from saying the words "Merry Christmas" to their guests or customers.

And now there's even a war on Easter…

"I went to the teacher to get her approval and she wanted to ask the administration to see if it was okay," Jessica explained. "She said that I could do it as long as I called this treat 'spring spheres.' I couldn't call them Easter eggs."

http://mynorthwest.com/11/459668/Seattle-scho...

"Spring Spheres"...

WTF?
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#732562 May 18, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, why would an atheist feel that way? Knowing that you are going to die and that there is nothing after that would mean that you would want to make the most out of the one life you are given.
You can keep repeating your "despair" bit, but it doesn't ring true.
I think it would be far worse to live a miserable existence now and constantly think "Boy, once I'm dead, things will be so much better!"
Its such an odd life view.
Once in a while, I think it would be funny if, after death, some of these folks could have a brief moment of consciousness, and that we could hear them exclaim "Oops".

Elmont, Long Island NY

#732563 May 18, 2014
KENTUCKY wrote:
NOOOOO !!!! Where did you get that ? Read over.<quoted text>
its right in your post
"Jesus says anyone who reaches Heaven does so through Him."

using logic and inference, one would come to the conclusion that the only way to heaven is through your Jesus.

so if I and all the billions of other humans born throughout the history of mankind were never EXPOSED to the teachings of Jesus and Jesus, they are condemned to live an eternity outside of heaven, which in the christian mind set is he!!.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#732564 May 18, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Being "sinful" doesn't bother them.
Appearing as such does.
Hello!

Forget someone, didja?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#732566 May 18, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Io Saturnalia? I hadn't heard the "Io" part. Thanks for that.
There are many winter solstice holiday greetings to choose from. If you wish to be inclusive and don't mind incurring the wrath of Christian exceptionalists like Bill O'Reilly, you can add Happy Amaterasu, Merry Brumalia, Merry Choimus, Merry Christmas, Happy Deuorius Riuri, Merry Deygan, Happy Dies Natalis Solis Invicti, Happy Dong Zhi, Merry Goru, Happy Hogmanay, Happy Festivus, Merry Grianstad an Gheimhridh, Happy Hanunkkah, Happy HumanLight, Merry Inti Raymi, Happy Jonkonnu, Merry Kaleda, Merry Korochun, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Lussi Night, Merry Modresnach, Happy Rozhanitsa Feast, Happy Sanghamitta Day, Merry Seva Zistane, Merry Shabe Celle, Happy Solar New Year, Happy Soyal, Happy Winter Solstice, Merry Wayeb, Happy Yalda, Happy Yule, Happy Zagmuk, and Merry Ziemassvetki.
If only there were a way to say all of that in just a couple words.
Funny that the one and only "winter solstice holiday greeting" that atheists object to is Merry Christmas.

I find that strange, don't you?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#732567 May 18, 2014
"Cinco de Mayo was a few weeks ago, nobody was out there complaining that it's actually it actually should be called "5th of May"."

Christians say the dangdests things, don't they!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#732568 May 18, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
It's a simple question.
Why is there no proof of the God of RR?
Thanks for the debate, it's been pleasurable.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#732569 May 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with Christian exceptionalism. The holiday everyone always bitches about is Christmas. It's the only holiday people are complaining about. Cinco de Mayo was a few weeks ago, nobody was out there complaining that it's actually it actually should be called "5th of May".
"Happy Holidays" is in reference to one holiday, Christmas. Nobody ever says a word about happy Hanukkah or happy Kwanzaa. Companies have tried to forbid their employees from saying the words "Merry Christmas" to their guests or customers.
And now there's even a war on Easter…
"I went to the teacher to get her approval and she wanted to ask the administration to see if it was okay," Jessica explained. "She said that I could do it as long as I called this treat 'spring spheres.' I couldn't call them Easter eggs."
http://mynorthwest.com/11/459668/Seattle-scho...
"Spring Spheres"...
WTF?
Red Red Red, WE don't give a crap about you celebrating Christmas. We just don't want you christians putting your nativity scenes up on gov't/public lands. We don't want Christian theme christmas celbrations in public schools.

You don't see Happy Hanukkah or Happy Kwanzaa, menorahs on gov't/public land and if we did, we'd protest them just as we did christian dogmatic displays

now if you take that as a war on christmas so be it.

Tell me, why do christians get so upset when private businesses tell their employees to say Happy Holidays rather than Merry Christmas.

Isn't that their right? Isn't that their own brand of religious freedom. You are the ones at war, a war to make everything about christianity.

reminds me of the display of the ten commandments in the south. some how the judges okay it, so now an atheist organization wants to put up a statute of satanic worship

guess what he judges and lawmakers said

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/05/sa...

http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/3/5678782/sata...

Steve Colbert

http://www.tulsaworld.com/dailybreak/the-colb...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#732570 May 18, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:

Well first off not all apples are red, some are green, e.g. Granny Smith, some are yellow, e.g. golden delicious.
red is an abstraction, its what one society decides is red.
We used red apples just as an example of the "truth" of the color red, we were not implying that all apples are red.

IANS failed, maybe you could do better. Pretend that I am blind, give me the definitive truth that this red apple is actually read.
its a state of mind an emotion, same as anger, hate, again an abstraction
None of those are objective truths.

What is truth? What is reality? Who gets to answer either one of those without using subjectivity?
Well for one, if it was written by a perfect diety, it wouldn't have so many contradictions. way to many to list here, but there are pleanty of websites that list them, just google BIBLICAL CONTRADICTIONS.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_meritt...
I already have, extensively. Maybe you could just Google "BIBLICAL CONTRADICTIONS DEBUNKED".

If you dare…

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#732571 May 18, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
regardless the "cause" of "the" war, most often religion is employed to fill the ranks of the combatants and to supply moral justification for the conflict (and killing)
The abrahamic faiths preach xenophobia and paranoia, the philosophy promotes bigotry and hatred.
The world would benefit from the demise of the abrahamic faiths.
If Christianity preaches xenophobia, as you claim, then what's up with all the Christian missionaries?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 21 min old_moose 36,128
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 50 min Chuck 688,461
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr scienceanswersall 619,813
How did black people get here ( economically) 5 hr Johnny 53
We do NOT need any walls! 12 hr Johnny 31
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 17 hr RFD 12
Chinese are dishonest, greedy and cold-blooded. (Jan '14) 22 hr Doctor REALITY 55
More from around the web