Prove there's a god.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#730797 May 15, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not his anonymity; it's yours. How can he stalk and harass you when >>you<< are anonymous? He doesn't know who you are.
He's as anonymous as they come, other than for his compulsivity/impulsivity, and rock-headed stubbornness. Christianity hasn't just ruined him, it's crippled him.

What a waste of human life he has made of himself.

Hi, River :)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#730798 May 15, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much is new there.
Still no proof of any "god" either but I did come across some good news:
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5330273...
That IS great news.

Hey, you think she'll get a week off every month?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#730799 May 15, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<
Dude, you MUST have some options available to you for spending your personal time, other than whittling it away on a god-forsaken thread about a supposed god that has, apparently, complete forsaken you..........but addictions to substances as well as pastimes/behaviors are hard to overcome, certainly not things one might expect a yellow-bellied, wife-beating curmudgeon such as you to successfully negotiate.
Two reasons.

1. I'm addicted to debate.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#730800 May 15, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you re: pot. I have zip/zilch/nada/no consideration for dealers of any sort. It's a rather sad state when people resort to illegal means to make money, and sadder still when they must feed an addiction of their own.
On that, you & I agree.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#730801 May 15, 2014
TAYLORSVILLE wrote:
LOL , Can you let the Vatican know that their observatory is not used for science and maybe they should close all their hospitals and research organizations searching for ways to heal the sick. The Catholic Church remains the single greatest private provider of medical care and research facilities in the WORLD.
<quoted text>
Strawman.....When did the cathaholic church and vatican become the creationist science community.
Even at that, if they do not or will not provide their monetary stats they are lying con artists.
Yes---the church too.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#730802 May 15, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Andet is certainly touched and very special.
:) thanks DS

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#730803 May 15, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
"Angelfire" is wrong.
"Aradia: A Holy Woman who lived in fourteenth century Italy, taught Witchcraft, and is considered an Avatar." "Ways of the Strega," Raven Grimassi, Llewellyn Publications, 1997
Whoa, whoa, whoa. How could she have existed in the 14th century when she was only first written about in 1899?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#730804 May 15, 2014

"Many Italian witches believe in the historical existence of a woman named Aradia
So? When did what you believe become fact?
A wide variety of Goddesses have been worshipped for over 40,000 years.
LMAO!

I know.
YOU are nothing more than a brain-dead Limbaugh
Major dittos.
I have no "organization,"
Um...... Streggharia?!?
you incestuous pedophile.

Oh.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#730805 May 15, 2014
Nature does not reveal all of Her mysteries to me. It would take more than one lifetime to learn them all.
Okay, so it can't reveal **all** of its mysteries, you're implying that it has revealed some.

What mysteries has "Nature" revealed to you?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#730806 May 15, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> I'll supply a meaning of the word, contained within the definition that applies to every single person on the face of the earth.
It won't require misuse of the word at all, however, it will require clarification of the word,*spiritual*, and what its definition encompasses.
Adjective: spiritual spi-ri-choo-ul
1. Concerned with sacred matters, religion or the church
"lords temporal and spiritual"; "spiritual leaders";
- religious
2. Concerned with or affecting the spirit or soul
"a spiritual approach to life"; "spiritual fulfilment";
- unearthly
3. Lacking material body, form or substance
"spiritual beings"; "the vital transcendental soul belonging to the spiritual realm"
4. Resembling or characteristic of a phantom
"spiritual tappings at a seance";
- apparitional, ghostlike, ghostly, phantasmal, spectral
http://www.wordwebonline.com/search.pl ...
We can look at the #1 definition given, and it states that the word *spiritual* isn't a concept exclusive to religion. It uses the word *sacred* and that's before "religion or the church" is mentioned.
Are you ready to learn?
Lets look at the word *sacred*.
Adjective: sacred sey-krid
1.Concerned with religion or religious purposes
"sacred texts"; "sacred rites"; "sacred music"
2.Worthy of respect or dedication
"saw motherhood as woman's sacred calling"
3.Made or declared or believed to be holy; devoted to a deity or some religious ceremony or use
"the sacred mosque"; "sacred elephants"; "sacred bread and wine";
- consecrated, sanctified
4.Worthy of religious veneration
"the sacred name of Jesus";
- hallowed
5.(often followed by 'to') devoted exclusively to a single use, purpose or person
"a fund sacred to charity"; "a morning hour sacred to study"; "a private office sacred to the President"
http://www.wordwebonline.com/search.pl ...
The #2 and #5 definition of *sacred* applies here, relates directly to spiritual, and also, again, does not imply or mandate an exclusive religious/deity - soul/spirit specific use.
So, when we look at *spiritual* and understand what that definition utilizes as descriptors in defining the word,*spiritual*, it's easy to see it encompasses a wide range of meaning, and is not a word that - only - those of religious/deity - soul/spirit beliefs can claim to possess.
The word *spiritual* and its usage belongs to all humans, regardless if they have a religious/deity - soul/spirit belief, or not. Nontheist or theist.
Notice, I didn't have to redefine the word at all - and I could go more in depth - but what I've pointed out is sufficient.
There are other descriptors that further enhance and point to the fact that *spiritual* is not confined to a religious or supernatural context. I only clarified, and there are other uses of the word *spiritual* that I didn't cover here.
The word *spiritual* is narrowly restricted in religious tradition and claimed to be sole property of those with religious/deity or soul/spirit beliefs.
I'll say it again.
Religion has attempted to hijack the word and will assert that *spiritual* can only be utilized or experienced by people with religious/deity or soul/spirit beliefs.
As if *spiritual* is categorically and absolutely denied to people who don't have religious/deity - soul/spirit beliefs.
That's not the case.
Oh, and, by the way, while you pray for me... I'll think for you.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Premium Topix Atheist! word salad. Well done.
Translation: "What do all those words mean?"
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You've just attempted to lower the meaning of "spirituality" to "thinking".
You don't believe in thinking? It shows. You're *proud* of your willflul ignorance and stupidity, aren't you? You are *exactly* the kind of mentally malleable person that christianity attracts.

You do not deserve the freedoms that other people died for.

Seriously?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#730807 May 15, 2014
Here's *your* obligation: Prove there's a god.
Go.
That's your desire, not my obligation.

I will leave you wanting.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#730808 May 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He's trying to figure that out.
He's asked me where I work.
He's asked me where I live.
He's asked my about my company.
He's made "connections" trying to figure it out to get me fired.
He sent a "warning" to all employers in my town.
Be coy, River, but don't be dishonest.
Be coy yourself, Redneck, but now's not the time to practice yet further dishonesty.

I haven't tried to figure anything out.
I've never asked you nor anyone on Topix where you work.
I've never asked you nor anyone on Topix where you live.
I've never asked you anything about your company.
I've made no "connections" trying to figure it out to get you fired.
I've made no "warnings"; I've made tongue-in-cheek "Public Service Announcements" about an entirely anonymous person claiming to be in the general area which you allege to live in about your admitted time-theft from your employer, whoever it may or may not be.(I'm more inclined lately to think it's "not be".....)

As is typical with you, you malign the words of others to suit your personal needs and dictates. You're a class "W12,457b.1" lowlife liar and drunk.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#730809 May 15, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I've already explained.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No you didn't, you lied about what you originally stated and then went on to "explain" that lie.
Own it.
Own this: you are the biggest pathological liar on this thread. You are proud of your stupidity, and you want to drag the rest of the world down to your level in the name of your fucking worthless invisible sky daddy.

You are a malignancy.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#730810 May 15, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex isn't praying exactly.. could fall under the category of worship though.
It's very effective, you poor dimwitted dolt.
Worshiping the moon by having sex sounds dimwitted.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#730811 May 15, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Andet is certainly touched and very special.
lol!

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#730812 May 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
According to scar, it's just "thinking".
o.O
And we all know how much you hate *that!*
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#730813 May 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*peeks over veil*
*nah*
See, Catcher! He just cannot not keep you in his life! I knew he would come back to you, his skin just won't stop itching without you as a lifeline!

Poor Catcher..........

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#730814 May 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa, whoa, whoa. How could she have existed in the 14th century when she was only first written about in 1899?
Can't you recollect of any other case where sumthun was written about a feller... posthumously?

One would think ya awt ta be able to.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#730815 May 15, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
They're big boys, those Malamutes. Such thick fur, and the most beautiful ones have blue eyes.
Marlowe's are brown; and with that coat of his, he keeps my feet toasty warm on cold winter nights while I'm watching TV.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#730816 May 15, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Bump.
You and anyone else interested has my permission to take ownership of such subject you're bumping. I divest ownership and bequeath it to you or whomsoever, lol!

Kindly accept title transfer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Hidingfromyou 42,597
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 690,636
Are your Topix comments helping...or hurting ot... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 6
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 6 hr Big Al 662
Poll What's the most exotic/hottest mixed race group? (Jan '13) 12 hr Doctor REALITY 23
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 12 hr Paul McCartney is... 65
Am I Starting To Like My Step-Cousin? 14 hr IDontWantThis 1
More from around the web