Prove there's a god.

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#730116 May 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians and Christianity gave us what we now call science.
You're welcome?
Is *that* what you call burning and hanging innocent people? Entire populations at a time??

Christians like *YOU* wanted to burn Galileo at the stake for proving with his telescope that the Earth revolves around the sun, and not the other way around--AS YOUR BUYBULL CLAIMS.

Jesus FUCK you're stupid!!!!!!!!

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#730117 May 14, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
Hell isn't a place of fire or little red demons with pitchforks. Hell is separation from God. If Heaven is a place of light and love as described in numerous NDE accounts, then hell is the opposite. It is a realm of outer darkness and despair. Eternal regret and sadness. Anguish and depression so profound as to be indescribable in any human language. Imagine the anguish and sadness you would feel if everyone you truly loved were to die in front of you over and over again and you could do nothing to save or comfort them. Now try to assign a numerical value to that anguish and then multiply that anguish and sadness by a billion. That's the closest my mind can get to the abstract thought of how horrible hell is.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's lovely. Since Dawkins isn't here to answer this, let me do so using his own worlds:
"If you're taught in your holy book or by your priest that blasphemers should die or apostates should die -- anybody who once believed in the religion and no longer does needs to be killed -- that clearly is evil. And people don't have to justify it because it's their faith. They don't have to say, "Well, here's a very good reason for this." All they need to say is, "That's what my faith says." And we're all expected to back off and respect that. Whether or not we're actually faithful ourselves, we've been brought up to respect faith and to regard it as something that should not be challenged. And that can have extremely evil consequences. The consequences it's had historically -- the Crusades, the Inquisition, right up to the present time where you have suicide bombers and people flying planes into skyscrapers in New York -- all in the name of faith." - Richard Dawkins
"Belief in a cruel god makes a cruel man." -Thomas Paine.
*OO*-RAH!

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#730118 May 14, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Hitler was a bloodthirsty christian.

Hitler was a bloodthirsty christian.

Just.

Like.

You.
Yeah, ar ar's (can you clap like a seal?) comment about putting Atheists at the bottom of a barrel, was almost a direct quote, of Hitler's.

“I beleave in reason not god”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#730119 May 14, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't expect any other response from you. Most of you will not believe simply because you don't want to. No amount of evidence will ever satisfy the ideological atheist.
You say "atheism is simply a lack of belief in a deity" ?? Ha. That's a good one.
Here is the new atheist mega church
news.yahoo.com/atheist-mega-churches-root-acr...
how about the new atheist evangelization? lol
www.pathios.com/blogs/nakedpastor/2013/07/doo...
The new John the Baptist for atheist?
www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article...
You guys are all fascist radical, militant fundie, bigoted ideologues masquerading behind "a simple lack of belief in a deity"
I am an atheist I voted for every Republican scene Reagan. I don't believe im abortion. Or gay marriage. I believe in small government. The bigger the government the smallet the centizen. I side with the conservative more then liberals. Because I believe a government that can give you everything has too much power over you.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#730120 May 14, 2014
*I'd

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#730121 May 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Fear, fear, fear. Fear of a god of paper and ink.
What horseshit.
From the Charge of Aradia:
"Be true to your own beliefs, and keep to the Ways, beyond all obstacles. For ours is the key to the mysteries and the cycle of rebirth, which opens the way to the Womb of Enlightenment.
"I am the spirit of witches all, and this is joy and peace and harmony. In life does the Queen of all witches reveal the knowledge of Spirit. And from death does the Queen deliver you to peace and renewal...
"Give offerings all to She who is our Mother. For She is the beauty of the Green Wood, and the light of the Moon among the Stars, and the mystery which gives life, and always calls us to come together in Her name. Let Her worship be the ways within your heart, for all acts of love and pleasure gain favor with the Goddess."
Ghost Writer, you are fully welcome to your (hee hee hee) "god of love," which relies so heavily on FEAR.
I'll stick with what Aradia taught us.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aradia is a myth from 1899 and can teach you nothing.
Maybe she is, and maybe she isn't. It's the message, not the messenger.

And this message is better than ANYTHING in your buybull.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#730122 May 14, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Why? Too stoopid to make your own?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Women makes sammiches.
Men eat the sammiches.
That is the order of things.
And you like the taste of shit.

Take another bite.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#730123 May 14, 2014
Didn't you see the title of the thread?
Go.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I did.
Prove there's a god.
Aradia is a god.
Prove Aradia.
Go.
Aradia is neither a god nor a goddess; she's a woman from the 14th century who *some* considered to be an avatar; others merely called her a wise woman.

Thanks for showing you know nothing of Aradia.

Idiota.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#730124 May 14, 2014
You've denied all the other gods; you've got only one left.
One god away from being an atheist.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not how it works, dearie.
Yes it is.

And yours is next.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#730125 May 14, 2014
freethinker1957 wrote:
<quoted text>I am an atheist I voted for every Republican scene Reagan. I don't believe im abortion. Or gay marriage. I believe in small government. The bigger the government the smallet the centizen. I side with the conservative more then liberals. Because I believe a government that can give you everything has too much power over you.
I beleave a chicken should be able to cross the road without having its motives questioned.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#730126 May 14, 2014
You *would* think that makes sense. You're as stupid as he was. He had Alzheimer's; what's your excuse?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You can't refute his logic so you resort to name calling.
Go.
Figure.
He *died* from Alzheimer's, you idiot! Dr. Helen Caldicott diagnosed him when he was still in office!

As for that "logic," the same applies to "Everyone who eats pickles dies."

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#730127 May 15, 2014
Address the question, or admit defeat.
Go.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what's super cool?
Your ultimatums mean shit to me.
Your concession is noted.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#730128 May 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No.

Women makes sammiches.

Men eat the sammiches.

That is the order of things.
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your delusional mind. Like your deity.
Attempts at flaming me with your dated misogynitwit behaviour only confirm the popular theory that you are a parasitic moron.
I've enjoyed many a sandwich made by men. I'm also more than willing to make sandwiches for a man.
Not for you though, you don't qualify and can now go and make your own, unless one of your chickens is willing, they may possess the skill.
*shrugs*
Put extra sh*t in it, that's what I do. He seems to like mine.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#730131 May 15, 2014
Riverside Redneck goes to Yosemite National Park and says, "Show me where Nature created life!!"

Mother of God......

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#730132 May 15, 2014
No hatred. Just enjoy watching you whine and cry.:)
Maybe you should have thought a little more about this one. If Riverside Redneck sees it and forgets that you are a Christian, he'll add it to his faux outrage list.

I pretty much have to feel a lot of antipathy for a person to take pleasure in their suffering. Don't you?

Fennario

#730133 May 15, 2014
Don't give him any clues. Let him bump into more walls while we laugh hysterically.:)
You'll love this one:

Q: How do you Punish Hellen Keller?
A: Rearrange the furniture

Fennario

#730134 May 15, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
What does being an amputee have to do with knowing Martial Arts
I dunno. I give up. I'm stumped.
eternalrock

Denver, CO

#730135 May 15, 2014
Somebody tells my mother to stop putting bad stuff in the food.

The first thing I heard when I woke up from coma in the hospital is my father saying "sign the check and give me all your money in the bank." Later on he gave me back 2/3 of the money. Later my mother complained "it's a sin to commit suicide." Then later without saying anything she put her hair in the food to recall my suicide. Then later after some bickering, they called the gigantic cops to scare me. After that I was pissed so I put tiny bits of soap in the milk. I was under the delusion that there are cameras everywhere in the house so they would detect it and prevent my family from eating the bad stuff. But later on it seems all unceasing attacks have been toward me from all directions such as family members, relatives, white people out there (damaging cars and planting needles in bicycle seat) I dont know who. So ate some soap and lost a piece of my tooth. It should be over already.

Family and relatives have been messing with me since long before all that. They keep telling me lies like they make a lot of money working here working there. My cousins go to this college that college. They planned get me to the sand-dune and had the car stucked in the snow in the mountain. My uncle came over from Vietnam and he's like "chop off your legss ok?" His daughter temptingly touching me and then like "typical."
eternalrock

Denver, CO

#730136 May 15, 2014
Those cheating toons win forever. The only on earth who goes to hell for eternity is me, even though I am the most helpful to God.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#730137 May 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yeah, no. The word hasn't been "hijacked" by anyone. Wannabe atheists try to misuse it.
Spiritual relates to an effect with the human spirit or soul as opposed to physical or material things.
You don't have a spirit or soul, do you?
I'll supply a meaning of the word, contained within the definition that applies to every single person on the face of the earth.

It won't require misuse of the word at all, however, it will require clarification of the word,*spiritual*, and what its definition encompasses.

Adjective: spiritual spi-ri-choo-ul
1. Concerned with sacred matters, religion or the church
"lords temporal and spiritual"; "spiritual leaders";
- religious
2. Concerned with or affecting the spirit or soul
"a spiritual approach to life"; "spiritual fulfilment";
- unearthly
3. Lacking material body, form or substance
"spiritual beings"; "the vital transcendental soul belonging to the spiritual realm"
4. Resembling or characteristic of a phantom
"spiritual tappings at a seance";
- apparitional, ghostlike, ghostly, phantasmal, spectral
http://www.wordwebonline.com/search.pl...

We can look at the #1 definition given, and it states that the word *spiritual* isn't a concept exclusive to religion. It uses the word *sacred* and that's before "religion or the church" is mentioned.

Are you ready to learn?

Lets look at the word *sacred*.

Adjective: sacred sey-krid
1.Concerned with religion or religious purposes
"sacred texts"; "sacred rites"; "sacred music"
2.Worthy of respect or dedication
"saw motherhood as woman's sacred calling"
3.Made or declared or believed to be holy; devoted to a deity or some religious ceremony or use
"the sacred mosque"; "sacred elephants"; "sacred bread and wine";
- consecrated, sanctified
4.Worthy of religious veneration
"the sacred name of Jesus";
- hallowed
5.(often followed by 'to') devoted exclusively to a single use, purpose or person
"a fund sacred to charity"; "a morning hour sacred to study"; "a private office sacred to the President"
http://www.wordwebonline.com/search.pl...

The #2 and #5 definition of *sacred* applies here, relates directly to spiritual, and also, again, does not imply or mandate an exclusive religious/deity - soul/spirit specific use.

So, when we look at *spiritual* and understand what that definition utilizes as descriptors in defining the word,*spiritual*, it's easy to see it encompasses a wide range of meaning, and is not a word that - only - those of religious/deity - soul/spirit beliefs can claim to possess.

The word *spiritual* and its usage belongs to all humans, regardless if they have a religious/deity - soul/spirit belief, or not. Nontheist or theist.

Notice, I didn't have to redefine the word at all - and I could go more in depth - but what I've pointed out is sufficient.

There are other descriptors that further enhance and point to the fact that *spiritual* is not confined to a religious or supernatural context. I only clarified, and there are other uses of the word *spiritual* that I didn't cover here.

The word *spiritual* is narrowly restricted in religious tradition and claimed to be sole property of those with religious/deity or soul/spirit beliefs.

I'll say it again.

Religion has attempted to hijack the word and will assert that *spiritual* can only be utilized or experienced by people with religious/deity or soul/spirit beliefs.

As if *spiritual* is categorically and absolutely denied to people who don't have religious/deity - soul/spirit beliefs.

That's not the case.

Oh, and, by the way, while you pray for me... I'll think for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 23 min Bongo 55,653
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 49 min Steve III 649,629
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr AussieBobby 425
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr crust 281,467
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa 106,051
TRUTH about illegal aliens (Aug '14) 4 hr Knock off purse s... 12
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 4 hr Knock off purse s... 36
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 9 hr Noname 69
More from around the web