Prove there's a god.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#728423 May 12, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
I have never said that there aren't faults in behavior (including myself) among Christians. To say otherwise would be naive at best and an outright lie at worst.
What I am saying is that you and others like you have allowed the actions of fellow humans to dominate your lives to the point that you toss the baby out with the bath water, and have become bitter and intellectually lazy. You gave up on something whether out of spite, or as an excuse to continue being hateful.
Anti-theism is nothing more than an ideological excuse to continue hating what is not understood or even desired to be understood.
Most of us understand religion so well, that we have no choice but to oppose it, as compassionate human beings.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#728424 May 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the 14th amendment that was drafted and approved by a whole bunch of our Christian leaders.
And the Universal declaration of human rights, headed up and drafted by the Roosevelts, also Christians.
You're welcome.
Hugs , you wont get a kiss, If I kiss you, well the consequence is dire.
A Roosevelt was instrumental, but only in theory.

This concept was born from The might of the many.

But the allegiance is born, and it is undeniable.

Strength and honor.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#728425 May 12, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries chicky.
*curtsies*

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#728426 May 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The modern pseudo-religion of Wicca (and the modern use of the word) is pure invention. There was no ancient "Wiccan Relgion".
In Old English the word and its related words meant wisdom, wise, wise ones, etc. NEVER "witch". Witch is a Christian bastardization which was first used as an excuse to kill the "shamans", healers and sages that the Church believed were a threat to the RCC. The use of the term witch gradually evolved into a "User of Black Magic" although they also had no problem killing users of ANY "magic".
Again, I can't find anything to back up what you're saying. I'm not saying that you're wrong, just that all I can find is coming from you and you alone.

All I can find is that the term "wicca" was a masculine noun for sorcerer; "wicce" was its feminine counterpart.

I can find nothing that says "Wicca" means wise.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#728427 May 12, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
It is taken for granted by Christians, as well as many atheists, that a universal negative cannot be proven.
In this case, that universal negative is the statement that the Christian God does not exist.
One would have to have omniscience, they say, in order to prove that anything does not exist.
I disagree with this position, however, because omniscience is not needed in order to prove that a thing whose nature is a self-contradiction cannot, and therefore does not exist.
I do not need a complete knowledge of the universe to prove to you that cubic spheres do not exist. Such objects have mutually-exclusive attributes which would render their existence impossible.
For example, a cube, by definition, has 8 corners, while a sphere has none. These properties are completely incompatible: they cannot be held simultaneously by the same object.
It is my intent to show that the supposed properties of the Christian God Yahweh, like those of a cubic sphere, are incompatible, and by so doing, to show Yahweh's existence to be an impossibility.
Defining YHWH
Before we can discuss the existence of a thing, we must define it. Christians have endowed their God with all of the following attributes: He is eternal, all-powerful, and created everything.
He created all the laws of nature and can change anything by an act of will. He is all-good, all-loving, and perfectly just. He is a personal God who experiences all of the emotions a human does. He is all-knowing. He sees everything past and future.
God's creation was originally perfect, but humans, by disobeying him, brought imperfection into the world. Humans are evil and sinful, and must suffer in this world because of their sinfulness.
God gives humans the opportunity to accept forgiveness for their sin, and all who do will be rewarded with eternal bliss in heaven, but while they are on earth, they must suffer for his sake. All humans who choose not to accept this forgiveness must go to hell and be tormented for eternity.
One Bible verse which Christians are fond of quoting says that atheists are fools. I intend to show that the above concepts of God are completely incompatible and so reveal the impossibility of all of them being true.
Who is the fool? The fool is the one who believes impossible things and calls them divine mysteries.
Perfection Seeks Even More Perfection
What did God do during that eternity before he created everything? If God was all that existed back then, what disturbed the eternal equilibrium and compelled him to create? Was he bored? Was he lonely?
God is supposed to be perfect. If something is perfect, it is complete--it needs nothing else.
We humans engage in activities because we are pursuing that elusive perfection, because there is disequilibrium caused by a difference between what we are and what we want to be.
If God is perfect, there can be no disequilibrium. There is nothing he needs, nothing he desires, and nothing he must or will do.
A God who is perfect does nothing except exist.
A perfect creator God is impossible.
But, for the sake of argument, let's continue. Let us suppose that this perfect God did create the universe.
Humans were the crown of his creation, since they were created in God's image and have the ability to make decisions.
However, these humans spoiled the original perfection by choosing to disobey God.
What!? If something is perfect, nothing imperfect can come from it.
Someone once said that bad fruit cannot come from a good tree, and yet this "perfect" God created a "perfect" universe which was rendered imperfect by the "perfect" humans.
The ultimate source of imperfection is God.
What is perfect cannot become imperfect, so humans must have been created imperfect.
What is perfect cannot create anything imperfect, so God must be imperfect to have created these imperfect humans.
A perfect God who creates imperfect humans is impossible.
Oh.

Thanks, Christ Insanity.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#728428 May 12, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of us understand religion so well, that we have no choice but to oppose it, as compassionate human beings.
Or were you referring to the mis use of Religion?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#728429 May 12, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Hugs , you wont get a kiss, If I kiss you, well the consequence is dire.
A Roosevelt was instrumental, but only in theory.
This concept was born from The might of the many.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dwBoMsucFDQXX
But the allegiance is born, and it is undeniable.
Strength and honor.
Strength and Honor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#728430 May 12, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>They formed a group. Does that mean they are not at risk? You are grasping at straws.
Google Damon Fowler, Kalei Wilson, and Ellen Beth Wachs to see how atheists can be given the impression the face murderous thugs if outed in the Bible Belt. Google Spec. Jose Ramirez, an atheist just chasing his dream, that was murdered in Texas just for being atheist. Then Google Larry Hooper and Arthur Shelton and see that atheists are not safe outside the Bible Belt.
There are many more examples, but, I'm sure your stupid response will just bore me.
Why would it bore you ? is it because just as many if not many many more Christians have been killed for being Christian? you name a few and think you have done something.. oh right that doesn't matter, only you making a point matters. yeah right, get over yourself!

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#728431 May 12, 2014
<quoted text>
How do you identify what is good and what is evil?
To determine what is evil, you must have an idea of what is good.
To have an idea of what is good you must posit a moral law.
To posit a moral law, you must assume a moral law giver.
If you cannot identify evil, then it's subjective at best.
If evil is subjective (matter of personal opinion) then why should I take you seriously?
Thanks for playing.
Next victim.
Nope. You are so off the mark as to be laughable. You are making a classic blunder. Your hubris is masking the childish inanity of your "argument".

Are you aware of the Euthyphro Dilemma? Is something good because a god commanded it or did a god command it because it was good? You're proffering a Divine Command Theory that falls flat on its face for so many reasons.

In context of the DCT, only two conclusions are possible.

1. A god is not the greatest as it has to call upon an entity greater than itself

Here, a god can not change what is right or wrong. Something like murder would be inherently wrong so an inherently good god could not command them and would not be involved in the process of divine command, at all.

2. The god's commands are arbitrary, based only on a whim, and could be something we find morally repugnant.

In this example, as there are no laws or higher authority, the decrees are entirely subjective. This god could decree that murder or rape are morally right no matter how we feel about it.

The Bible and and Christianity have evolved through the years. What was once acceptable morally, like slavery, has changed.

I would ask you how you determine what is good and evil. You do it the same way I do, because, you use the secular moral standards that we have developed through time to foster a healthy society.

The morality of the god of the Bible is nothing but subjective. It changes on a dime or with the wind, choose your bon mot. I wonder how you can choose that your god is good without using the objective or subjective moral qualities that have evolved, through time, in our secular culture. Case in point, I find rape to be morally repugnant. There are zero admonitions against rape in the Bible. In fact, the god of the a bible sanctions rape in many instances. It is impossible, therefore, that my abhorrence for rape came from any divine command. It must have been developed over time by a society that once slut shamed the victim while considering the man enticed into action but is now forced to consider the victim as a victim and the perpetrator as a criminal.

You are presupposing that the god, as written in the Bible is inherently good. I have demonstrated the folly in that presupposition. Please demonstrate how you judge your god's actions as good. Please demonstrate how it could not be a grand ruse by the Satan character to get you to back the wrong horse.

What religion does for morality and for society in general is move the authority, the responsibility, for rules and institutions out of human hands and then attributes the whole system to a nonhuman and superhuman source. This is laughable on its face.

Once again, your hubris is unwarranted and unfounded. You offer PRATT, things Previously Refuted A Trillion Times. Can't you do better than that?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#728432 May 12, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
And it's not just him.
This is what I meant by the comment "the opinions of Christians simply don't matter" that he got all victimy about, which I later explained should have said "the opinions of Christians as Christians simply don't matter." Sure, his opinion about a roof is probably no different than what it would have been were he not a Christian, but nothing that he has to say about Christianity, the bible, his god, atheists, humanism, science, evidence, or reason has any value, and he is pretty unteachable.
Here's another fine example:
RiversideRedneck wrote: Evolution hasn't completed enough diligent scientific tests to be a bonafide "fact". Scientific theories cannot be considered fact.
How bad is that? He still doesn't seem to know what a fact or a scientific theory are, and he rebuts himself in consecutive sentences, first implying that you can't call evolution a fact yet, and then that you never can.
He also still doesn't know what the church is ("Which church?"), or what a bigot is even after having it explained to him a dozen times each. So what value is there in the opinions of such people?
He's a walking cautionary tale.
KENTUCKY THUNDER

Louisville, KY

#728433 May 12, 2014
Hi Scooter, how did that moped rally go this weekend ?
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it looks like your priests and papacy never got the "moral" message...perhaps they were "fishing" when the memo's came down from the high.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#728434 May 12, 2014
<quoted text>
How ironic that you speak of unjustified hubris.
<quoted text>
Hypocrite much?
Nah, not you.
Yeah right.
Getting pissed off are we?:)
No anger, just laughter. I find you hysterical. Why the need to presuppose emotion that is not reflected in my post? Does this somehow make you feel haughty? Isn't that odd?

Yes, religious faith in 2014, is hysterical. The gaps any gods of any stripe can be shoved into have narrowed so precipitously that they have run out of room.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#728435 May 12, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Why would it bore you ? is it because just as many if not many many more Christians have been killed for being Christian? you name a few and think you have done something.. oh right that doesn't matter, only you making a point matters. yeah right, get over yourself!
You 're making things up about me again. Why does that thrill you so?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#728436 May 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you this, if I were to say something like "My wife and I went to dinner at…", Would you assume that I married?
Probably. But why? I never said the words "I am married".
We'd know yer ly'n!
The house madam wouldn't let 'er out'a her sight that long!.........

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#728437 May 12, 2014
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
*squints*

Missa Al?

Dat u?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#728438 May 12, 2014
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Therein lies the danger of religion.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#728439 May 12, 2014
<quoted text>
How ironic that you speak of unjustified hubris.
<quoted text>
Hypocrite much?
Nah, not you.
Yeah right.
Getting pissed off are we?:)
You didn't answer the question, though. Which of Jesus' teachings are you invoking here and in that other post. Remember, I am not the one claiming to follow and trust a perfect being that requires me to attain as close a level to that perfection as possible. You are. I'm just a dude without a god in my pocket.

You claim to be this theological genius yet you stumble on the most basic questions. Why?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#728440 May 12, 2014
KENTUCKY THUNDER

Louisville, KY

#728441 May 12, 2014
So now all Christians are thugs ? I been jumped by blacks and whites .I hate neither. Wipe your brow and lick your wounds and move on.

Just curious, did they take your scooter too ?
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what happened to me the nite Obama was elected pres. I woke up the next morn in the hospital with a hole in the back of my head and one through the side of my face...having been jacked in the parking lot of the redneck joint by fundie cowards that wouldn't face me after seeing my Paganism.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#728442 May 12, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
Porta potty mouth with shit for brains, if you gave your real name and address then the local authorities would pick you up within minutes. You should be institutionalized immediately and your terrestrial masters should be incarcerated immediately for crimes against humanity for creating an imbecilic sociopathic narcissistic pathological punk like you without a single socially redeemable quality.
LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the BIGGEST "LIE" LAPD's Tom Lange EVER told! 58 min Doctor REALITY 5
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 58 min River Tam 104,533
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 1 hr Spotted Wee 394
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr RiversideRedneck 672,928
Speedway- Have You Purchased a Money order and... (Sep '09) 6 hr Neil1210 28
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr bad bob 184,571
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr Holy Child Jehova... 445,843
More from around the web