Prove there's a god.
reply mail

Lawrenceville, GA

#728166 May 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to look at this from an atheist standpoint; "there is no God".
I can't understand that line of thinking because I fully believe that God exists. The only way for me to put myself in their mindset is to say something like "Zeus is just a myth and never really existed". I can do that with ease, I firmly believe that Zeus is just a myth, and I fully believe that he never existed.
The thing that gets me about these Topix Atheists! is how they go on and on and on and on and on about this god they claim doesn't even exist. It makes absolutely no sense to me. I really couldn't see myself getting into an argument with somebody about the "reality" of Zeus. I wouldn't waste one minute of my life doing that because I believe Zeus is just a myth.
Why the Topix Atheist! goes on and on about it, honestly I think it's because they doubt themselves and they are searching for proof of God, they are searching for answers. I can think of no other reason why they would debate so harshly about something they claim doesn't even exist…
The willfully ignorant will always be willfully ignorant. That's because they are willfully wicked and willfully evil.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#728167 May 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Some may have that attitude, I don't. I like a lot of people of all faiths, the majority are Christians. I find many people of various faiths despicable based on their words and actions NOT their religious beliefs. However, many of those I despise use their religion as an excuse to be despicable. IMHO they would act the same regardless of their religion. Any relgion can and has been twisted for evil ends.
Wow. We agree twice in the same day, I'm astonished. I've noticed a difference in you, are you off of your medication? What's changed?

I too find it despicable when people use their religion or their religious beliefs against other people, like how the WBC misuses Scripture against gays or how Muslims uses the Quran against Christians.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#728168 May 12, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Being misled Implies that I was/am a follower, I am not. I decide for myself what is/isn't. I do my own study and have my own thoughts about things. how is me believing In supernatural different than you believing In Dimensional? Do you believe after Death, that once you reach this other Dimension that there is/will be a higher power Governing it?
Yet you claim we only use 10% of our brain. Not only were you misled, you never studied on that subject before you tried to perpetuate the myth.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/peo...

The universe wasn't bothered by me before my birth. It will be similarly disinterested after my death and probably doesn't care too much right now. Why do people have this overwhelming desire to seem more significant than they are? It's just bizarre. Take fame, for example. It's fleeting. Ask a 13 year old if they know who Johnny Carson is. You are even less significant than that. Accept it.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#728169 May 12, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I come across the way I do. Their condescension is why they're really here. They aren't here to discuss anything sincerely. Maybe a few do, but otherwise the majority seek to degrade others for entertainment purposes. When they do that, I make sure I hand it back on a silver platter ten-fold.
It was them. It was all their fault. They are the reason I act like I do.

Could there be a more childish excuse?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#728170 May 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Magic. In the past metallurgy was a trade secret of blacksmiths and they promoted the belief that it was "Magic from the God Vulcan" or some other such ruse.
Reminds me of the alchemist phlogiston theory...

I agree with you, I think caveman would see an iPhone as magic or miracle. But the magic that Kait is talking about is not something physical that you can hold in your hand, like iPhone.

It's Really Really Witch! magic like talking to trees or some shit…

To me, ridiculous.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#728171 May 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide testable, repeatable, falsifiable, definitive evidence for the existence of love?
By your own standards and the standards of the Topix Atheist!, if you can't, that would mean love doesn't exist…
Please provide the post where I claim love exists. Go!
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#728172 May 12, 2014
reply mail wrote:
a life-long commitment to serving Satan
Porta potty mouth with shit for brains, rational people neither serve nor fear your imaginary enemy. You're the most retarded and revolting redneck load of shit to ever post in this forum. The world will be a better place when you're dead and your remains cremated and the sooner the better, punk.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#728173 May 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a racist remark either way you look at it, dude.
How is trailer trash a racist remark ?

Are trailers only lived in by whites ?

Damn, you're a lunatic.
reply mail

Lawrenceville, GA

#728174 May 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Please produce this magic book of which you speak.
Until then STFU you lying ChristStain.
I can't. This makes you mad, doesn't it?

But because I can't doesn't mean it doesn't exist. This is the part that keeps you concerned and worried.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#728175 May 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
HA HA!!
You don't think about what you're writing, do you?
You JUST bashed Christians by saying they'd kill you if you lived in the Bible Belt, then say that you never bash Christians.
Seems legit....
<quoted text>
You're implying that it's true. If it's true then you should be able to provide evidence for it.
So please provide evidence that if he moved to the Bible Belt, the Christians there would kill him.
Go.
I would, but that is not what he wrote. He wrote that he would be killed if he expressed his atheism in the a Bible Belt. There are confirmed cases. You can look them up via Google on your next break from Topix..

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#728176 May 12, 2014
reply mail wrote:
<quoted text>
The willfully ignorant will always be willfully ignorant. That's because they are willfully wicked and willfully evil.
That's the most honest assessment I have ever seen anyone give of themselves. Good job!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#728177 May 12, 2014
reply mail wrote:
That may be, but it's our duty as Christians to do what we can to teach them about Jesus and what His blessing has done for mankind.

It's also your duty as a Christian to STOP telling people that they're going to Hell.

Eternal judgement is reserved for God and God alone.
reply mail

Lawrenceville, GA

#728178 May 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I, for one, would prefer Hell to spending eternity with people like you.
And you will. However, you won't keep that sentiment for long. Your agony in Hell will quickly teach you how stupid you've been in this life.

Sorry I have to reveal your stupidity to you so harshly.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#728179 May 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're thinking on a materialistic level, Ben. You have to look past that in order to understand the Scripture.
Jesus was not implying that He was exempt from paying the Temple tax, He was implying that He, was exempt from paying a tax on a house that belonged to that King.
He was claiming to be God's Son.
Thoughts?
He said to pay taxes. Don't us him as an excuse to not pay your dues in this world.

Render unto Washington what is Washington's.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#728180 May 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You called me "white trash"
You're a mentally retarded white trash redneck by choice. If you had an ounce of self-dignity then you'd cease proving you're a mentally retarded white trash redneck in an international forum on a daily basis and seek the professional mental care you desperately need, punk.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#728181 May 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He was claiming to be God's Son.
Thoughts?
1. He claimed to be the Messiah.
2. The Messiah is not God's Son any more than any other human.
3. The term in your Bible that Jesus uses most is "Son of Man" which in Hebrew/Aramaic is Ben'Adam which simply mean mankind, a man or a good man, nothing else.
4. Jesus never, in any Gospel, claimed to be God,'Only' Son of God, born of a Virgin or anything other than a righteous man and JEWISH Messiah (much different than your Christian concoction of a "Christ".

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#728182 May 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? I have a very diverse music collection. Everything from Mozart, The Beatles, Disturbed, Frank Sinatra, Madonna, Creed, Al Wilson, Enya, Blake Shelton, Whitesnake, Eminem, ZZ Top, Staind, Guns N Roses, Metallica, Garth Brooks, Alien Ant Farm, Elvis, Foreigner, and so on.
You never know what mood may strike and all music has it's purpose and meaning.
If it feels good do it ireckn..

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#728183 May 12, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>I would, but that is not what he wrote. He wrote that he would be killed if he expressed his atheism in the a Bible Belt. There are confirmed cases. You can look them up via Google on your next break from Topix..
There are confirmed killings for all types of reason..
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#728184 May 12, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
Would you be angry with me...
It's been explained to you repeatedly that organized religion is a hoax founded to control feeble-minded and weak-willed cretins like you and Christianity is a derivative religious cult with little originality.

You should be angry with your cult for converting you into a staggeringly ignorant, self-righteous bigoted and death-denying cowardly Christian godbot without any socially redeemable qualities. You mistake your debilitating mental illness as faith, punk.

"The difference between faith and insanity is that faith is the ability to hold firmly to a conclusion that is incompatible with the evidence, whereas insanity is the ability to hold firmly to a conclusion that is incompatible with the evidence.”

William Harwood, Dictionary of Contemporary Mythology

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#728185 May 12, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Please provide the post where I claim love exists. Go!
You didn't, you're claiming that only what can be scientifically testable, repeatable, falsifiable and have definitive evidence can exist.

That would include things like low…

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 603,123
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 23 min janeebee 7,904
Poppy Seed Tom's LOL! (May '14) 40 min The Turtle 28
The Christian Atheist debate 41 min too lazy to log in 3,781
not man enough 1 hr WasteWater 2
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... (Feb '15) 1 hr Cholan87 993
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Lyndi 177,843
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr sangili karuppan 7,612
More from around the web