Prove there's a god.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#727011 May 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> He is a good singer/songwriter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vbqGWTxwZEAXX
There are many.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#727012 May 10, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
I think we should start prayer groups that go around praying in public just to piss off anti-theists.:)
Great idea. Make as in-your-face as possible. How could that possibly backfire?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#727013 May 10, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wV16jd2JbfMXX
yes they are

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#727014 May 10, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Where do you find them all?! LOL

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#727015 May 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> yes they are
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Eh44QPT1mPEXX
I'm always in tune.

Some of us are musicians.

IANS is accomplished.

I've heard it.

“True Blue”

New Holland

#727016 May 10, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yes.
A few items are as expensive (gasoline) or more (electricity), but almost everything else is less expensive, including food and housing. We also spend much less than we used to on taxes, other utilities (water, satellite TV, Internet) and insurance.
And even our gasoline and electricity bills have gone down. A tank of gas is good for 4-6 weeks since we walk to so many destinations, and we went solar about 18 months ago.
But back to freedom - what is it? People talk about having it a lot, but they seem to be talking about freedom from political tyranny. Freedom means more than that to me. Freedom from economic worries is valuable, as is freedom from physical discomfort and disability. It's also hard to feel free doing oppressive work or being in oppressive relationships.
That's good then.

As for freedom...Everyone talks about freedom FROM something, but rarely about freedom TO <you fill in the blank>. If people are not oppressed anyone, what would they do?

“True Blue”

New Holland

#727017 May 10, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as karma.
Oh, but my karma ran over your dogma.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#727018 May 10, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Strange, but I never saw anything about any threats on the news.
You had to read the article.

Location hidden

#727019 May 10, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm always in tune.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =t00MXZKbW0MXX
Some of us are musicians.
IANS is accomplished.
I've heard it.

Neil Young

love is a rose

“True Blue”

New Holland

#727020 May 10, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.
Yes you are, yellow cur.

“True Blue”

New Holland

#727021 May 10, 2014
Now, good people, be ready for more peanuts. The thread monkey is back.
:-)))

Location hidden

#727022 May 10, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good then.
As for freedom...Everyone talks about freedom FROM something, but rarely about freedom TO <you fill in the blank>. If people are not oppressed anyone, what would they do?
It sure is nice to have Freedom to choose what Freedom really means, which is different from person to person. we have the the Freedom to do just about anything we please. Freedom is just a word for nothing else to lose..Nothing!

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#727023 May 10, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
Now, good people, be ready for more peanuts. The thread monkey is back.
:-)))
I've been trying to sex your avatar snake.

Red bellied black

I'm gonna need to hold it for a minute or two.

Location hidden

#727024 May 10, 2014
Charlie Daniels

Uneasy Rider

Fennario

#727025 May 10, 2014
There are two types of science. Science which seeks to make new discoveries no matter what they might be, and atheistic science which has an agenda to disprove the existence of God. This is nothing more than pseudo-science.
I thought you were going to say regular science and creation science.
Of course atheists try to say it's us who engage in pseudo-science.
Um, yeah. And not just atheists. Judge John Jones III, who ruled in Kitzmiller v. Dover that intelligent design is religious pseudoscience, is a lifelong Christian.
They've tried to hijack the higher halls of learning with their secular bullsh!t, but ultimately, they will fail.
Actually, academia belongs to rational skepticism. There is no place for faith based thinking there.

Fennario

#727026 May 10, 2014
David Berlinski has hit the proverbial nail on the head with the following observations:

Has anyone provided a proof of GodÂ’s inexistence? Not even close.

Has quantum cosmology explained the emergence of the universe or why it is here? Not even close.

Have the sciences explained why our universe seems to be fine-tuned to allow for the existence of life? Not even close.

Are physicists and biologists willing to believe in anything so long as it is not religious thought? Close enough.

Has rationalism in moral thought provided us with an understanding of what is good, what is right, and what is moral? Not close enough.

Has secularism in the terrible twentieth century been a force for good? Not even close to being close.

Is there a narrow and oppressive orthodoxy of thought and opinion within the sciences? Close enough.

Does anything in the sciences or in their philosophy justify the claim that religious belief is irrational? Not even ballpark.

Is scientific atheism a frivolous exercise in intellectual contempt? Dead on.
You didn't mention why you think any of this is relevant (forget that some were wrong). Is this an argument for abandoning the scientific search for answers and adopting faith in gods instead? Why would we abandon a wildly successful program for understanding the world and return to one that is sterile?

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Location hidden

#727027 May 10, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to decide what other people do with your silly posts.
Here's a hint. If you don't like disagreement, swallow your thoughts.
Are you gnu here?
OK, so what? My point stands. That jackwipe still never addressed a single thing he quoted me on. You can't say something is true and expect us to believe it just because you say something is true. You should understand that much. But you're not here to have an actual discussion. You guys don't get to decide that certain opinions are fact.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#727028 May 10, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Great idea. Make as in-your-face as possible. How could that possibly backfire?
Every morning I go by a guy dancing on a street corner holding "seek unity in Christ" and "trust Jesus" signs.

We nicknamed him "Jumpin' fer Jesus."

He's a hoot to watch. One of these days I'm going to get some video.

Location hidden

#727029 May 10, 2014
Hey Doc, give me something to work with this morning, tell me to fk off or something..

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#727030 May 10, 2014
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>OK, so what? My point stands. That jackwipe still never addressed a single thing he quoted me on. You can't say something is true and expect us to believe it just because you say something is true. You should understand that much. But you're not here to have an actual discussion. You guys don't get to decide that certain opinions are fact.
Yes we do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 25 min andet1987 2,575
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 26 min Johnny 794
"The Crew" (Jan '08) 28 min Voyeur 7,927
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min LAWEST100 653,900
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 37 min Insults Are Easier 63,721
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min crucifiedguy 281,853
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr razz58 3,801
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr LAWEST100 618,736
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Lbj 106,493
More from around the web