|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0465019374...
Review:
"Berlinski knows his science and wields his rapier deftly. He makes great sport with his opponents, and his readers will surely enjoy it."--Tom Bethell, bestselling author of "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Science""A powerful riposte to atheist mockery and cocksure science, and to the sort of philosophy that surrenders to them. David Berlinski proceeds reasonably and calmly to challenge recent scientific theorizing and to expose the unreason from which it presumes to criticize religion."--Harvey Mansfield, Professor of Government, Harvard University "Berlinski's book is everything desirable: it is idiomatic, profound, brilliantly polemical, amusing, and of course vastly learned. I congratulate him." --William F. Buckley Jr. "With high style and light-hearted disdain, David Berlinski deflates the intellectual pretensions of the scientific atheist crowd. Maybe they can recite the Periodic Table by heart, but the secular Berlinski shows that this doesn't get them very far in reasoning about much weightier matters."--Michael J. Behe, Professor of Biological Sciences, Lehigh University, bestselling author of "Darwin's Black Box "and "The Edge of Evolution" "David Berlinski plus any topic equals an extraordinary book." --Chicago Tribune "From the Hardcover edition."
Why doesn't your deity step up and correct him if it is omnipotent and omniscient? Should be a piece of cake for a deity that could destroy the world on a whim.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
A rabid Chihuahua is more rational than you.
Projection is an instinctive defense mechanism of the religiously retarded. You're the most retarded and revolting redneck c*nt in the history of this forum and should be institutionalized before there's a need to have you incarcerated.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Science is neutral, right?
Of course it’s reliable, based on fact, unprejudiced, and trustworthy, isn’t it? Well, guess again. A lot of what passes for science these days is pseudo-science, and a lot of scientific fact is hidden from public view because it’s not politically correct.
Science has been politicized—not by the Right, but by the Left, which sees global warming, Darwinism, stem cell research, and innumerable other issues as tools to advance its agenda (and in many cases expand the reach of government).
When liberals trot out scientists with white coats, debate is supposed to be silenced. But many of the high priests of science have something to hide—from blind intolerance of religion to jealous guarding of their federally financed research budgets.
Luckily, science journalist Tom Bethell is here with the necessary and bracing antidote: The Politically Incorrect Guide to Science.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/089526031X/ref=...
Pseudoscience?
Ya. Just look at creationism--now there's some pseudo-science.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

In reference to what the original poster asked... be it years ago... the burden of proof is on him to prove that God does not exist. He is of course not a Being and it is interesting that those claim He does not exist have had some underlying experiences in their lives to come to the conclusion that He does not exist. ex: being molested, someone close dying, shitty childhood etc...

Those who believe he does exist, believe this for one of two reasons: their belief is solely based on faith or they have had some type of spiritual awakening.

I think it is safe to say in looking at it this way that both Good and Evil exist.

There have been more non-believers try to prove he does not exist and become believers than vice versa.

BTW I am a believer, not a christian.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
Until proof that it wasn't god their belief is just as valid as your unbelief.
The blissful ignorance of this retarded and revolting redneck c*nt never ceases to amaze. All scientific evidence fully supports entirely natural origins for the universe and life on earth. The mathematical odds of a designed universe without so much as a single supporting observation is essentially zero. You need professional help, punk.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

RockRoyale wrote:
There have been more non-believers try to prove he does not exist and become believers than vice versa.
No sane person would become a "believer" after studying the scientific evidence, which fully supports entirely natural origins for the universe and life on earth. You're not a sane person.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
Especially two moms who are pretending to be men. Bleh!
But wait, they have tool bags and a truck, so.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, I was just saying maybe they ( Romans) came up with the Ingenious Idea to back date and write Jesus into a story to gain support for the Roman empire, while the whole time making the people think they were worshiping Jesus, a fictional character, when in reality they were worshiping the Roman God. I think it was possible with Josephus capture and turn traitor. He would have known about stuff no one else would have. Vaspasian captured all Jewish relics, Including Ancient Jewish scrolls, with the help of a few more people, it would've been possible, but then again, I am High..
Very good. And the character of Saul/Paul was fashioned after the Jewish traitor to complete the subterfuge and deceit of the Roman gentile subjugates and fence sitters. When that didn't work to their satisfaction, they instituted a religious hierarchy of papacy and accountable bishops, and began a campaign of genocide.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I am devoted to learning about reality because I am convinced that it it is helpful to do so, and risky to do otherwise. I do whatever I can to facilitate that. No other approach has value to me.
My assumptions are that truth is better than untruth, and that truth is uncovered by assiduously applying reason to evidence impartially evaluated. I do this the best I can. Other approaches seem like dead ends to me.
Yep, we see that your reality is that you don't have evidence to prove whether there is a God, or not, but you are terribly anxious to turn people away from believing anyway. That's some kind of obsessed devotion for you to keep "trying" apply "reason" to something unknown as yet. Your "attempt" is the dead end.

Anyone who submits to your type of reasoning is simply conceding to your will out of sheer exhaustion. Your posts are tiresome, to say the least.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can give it credit for attendance if it never shows up to be counted. Just like in it's book, it is it's own worst enemy.
Check this out, a little girl has her Constitutional rights revoked by an ignorant school teacher:

"FL TEACHER BANNED BIBLE FROM 'FREE READING' TIME IN CLASSROOM"

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Ahem, there's always one that begs to be kicked again, and then there's the one that's developed a certain amount desensitization due to being hit there so very many times. ;)
Hey, there's an exception to every rule.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>A rabid Chihuahua is more rational than you.
:B
You ought'a leave yer kids out'a this YD.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
No sane person would become a "believer" after studying the scientific evidence, which fully supports entirely natural origins for the universe and life on earth. You're not a sane person.
Alright then Skippy, give us the scientific evidence of natural origins for the universe and life on earth.

Whenever you're ready....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Metropolis, Gotham.Big Apple, The City, etc.
Everyone knew what city Jerry and Joe were referring to since 1938.
RR never got the connection. Ya gotta member--he rode the short bus...and has ta use siri just ta post on topix cuz the stuff over 3 letters long gits 'em all confused an all.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
their speeches appeal only to those with intellect.
They are liars and use their acolytes for fundraising. As soon as a follower stops contributing they are shunned. Typical cult behavior.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
He would lose a debate to a brick out house.
At least in an outhouse, the pages in your book have some "collective" value.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, we see that your reality is that you don't have evidence to prove whether there is a God, or not, but you are terribly anxious to turn people away from believing anyway. That's some kind of obsessed devotion for you to keep "trying" apply "reason" to something unknown as yet. Your "attempt" is the dead end.
Anyone who submits to your type of reasoning is simply conceding to your will out of sheer exhaustion. Your posts are tiresome, to say the least.
Saul Alinsky's "Rules For Radicals", IANS follows a few of them to the tee.

Always remember the first rule of power tactics: Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.

The second rule is: Never go outside the experience of your people.

…The third rule is: Whereever possible go outside the experience of the enemy. Here you want to cause confusion, fear, and retreat.

…the fourth rule is: Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules.

…the fourth rule carries within it the fifth rule: Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.

…the sixth rule is: A good tactic is one that your people enjoy.

…the seventh rule is: A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.

…the eighth rule: Keep the pressure on.

…the ninth rule: The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.

The tenth rule: The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.

…The eleventh rule is: If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside.

…The twelth rule: The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
RR never got the connection. Ya gotta member--he rode the short bus...and has ta use siri just ta post on topix cuz the stuff over 3 letters long gits 'em all confused an all.
There is a difference between "Metropolis" and "a metropolis".

Didn't you get the memo?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo Aero
You have misspelt "lurn"
I see y'all catched that too huh?
LOL!

Since: May 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

http://www.godandscience.org/ if anybody is interested in science. As I said I am not a christian. I am a seeker of truth & knowledge. Maybe you can find something useful in this website.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

379 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min CowardlYID Fkrs 114,979
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min Naveen kumar 4,511
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min MUQ1 256,384
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min Clearwater 172,271
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min hojo 532,447
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min Buck Crick 224,023
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 41 min Ptaerehsahh 5,211
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 11 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••