andet1987

Chicago, IL

#724716 May 5, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I didn't notice. I was referring to Viqueen aka not a Viking.
ok DS :) thanks.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#724717 May 5, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The Horsemen are very good at hypnotism and drones quoting them constantly helps plug their books. I can't believe anybody would actually pay money to sit through any of their goofy speeches.
http://www.opednews.com/articles/Atheists-Cau...
They all four wear the most disgusting smug expressions like they think they have the answers to everything, which is total BS.
They have no problem fleecing unsuspecting unbelievers of their cash while spewing that "universe from nothing" crap. Hmm, maybe "that's" what's behind those idiotic grins.
their speeches appeal only to those with intellect.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#724718 May 5, 2014
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>You ever sleep? I guess zombies don't. You are full of sh*t. Completely.
I explained why consciousness cannot evolve. Where is the gene for consciousness? It has to have a gene if it evolved. According to you it is emergent of organized matter. Therefore it cannot evolve. Matter, once organized, all of a sudden assumes consciousness.
Something is either conscious or not.
If consciousness evolved then we can not say something was a little bit conscious. There is no such thing as a little conscious. You are either self aware or not.
I ask for evidence and you post nothing but your own opinion. You say there is evidence. There is none.
Exactly.:)

What they're discounting and rejecting is an infinite being in an infinite universe with infinite consciousness and knowledge.

In order to do that, they themselves must have infinite consciousness and knowledge.

They cannot defend an absolute negative.

“Faith = Trust”

Location hidden

#724719 May 5, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
If atheism is trying to claim the intellectual high ground, you all have a lot of climbing to do.

You might want to try Everest. It would be easier than the mountain you're pretending to climb.

We'll see you when you get up here. Try not to fall.

Then again, a two foot drop to the bottom isn't likely to hurt...

...too much.

“Faith = Trust”

Location hidden

#724720 May 5, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
David Berlinski, a ***secular*** Jew has written a book called the "Devil's Delusion" regarding the lofty claims of scientific atheism.

Here is his conclusion:

Has anyone provided a proof of Godís inexistence?
Not even close.

Has quantum cosmology explained the emergence of the universe or why it is here?
Not even close.

Have the sciences explained why our universe seems to be fine-tuned to allow for the existence of life?
Not even close.

Are physicists and biologists willing to believe in anything so long as it is not religious thought?
Close enough.

Has rationalism in moral thought provided us with an understanding of what is good, what is right, and what is moral?
Not close enough.

Has secularism in the terrible twentieth century been a force for good?
Not even close to being close.

Is there a narrow and oppressive orthodoxy of thought and opinion within the sciences?
Close enough.

Does anything in the sciences or in their philosophy justify the claim that religious belief is irrational?
Not even ballpark.

Is scientific atheism a frivolous exercise in intellectual contempt?
Dead on.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#724721 May 5, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
Learn too reed.
Know weigh.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#724722 May 5, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.:)
What they're discounting and rejecting is an infinite being in an infinite universe with infinite consciousness and knowledge.
In order to do that, they themselves must have infinite consciousness and knowledge.
They cannot defend an absolute negative.
You forget, these atheists only discount the Christian God and no other.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#724723 May 5, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
David Berlinski, a ***secular*** Jew has written a book called the "Devil's Delusion" regarding the lofty claims of scientific atheism.
Here is his conclusion:
Has anyone provided a proof of Godís inexistence?
Not even close.
Has quantum cosmology explained the emergence of the universe or why it is here?
Not even close.
Have the sciences explained why our universe seems to be fine-tuned to allow for the existence of life?
Not even close.
Are physicists and biologists willing to believe in anything so long as it is not religious thought?
Close enough.
Has rationalism in moral thought provided us with an understanding of what is good, what is right, and what is moral?
Not close enough.
Has secularism in the terrible twentieth century been a force for good?
Not even close to being close.
Is there a narrow and oppressive orthodoxy of thought and opinion within the sciences?
Close enough.
Does anything in the sciences or in their philosophy justify the claim that religious belief is irrational?
Not even ballpark.
Is scientific atheism a frivolous exercise in intellectual contempt?
Dead on.
Nice.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0465019374...

Review:

"Berlinski knows his science and wields his rapier deftly. He makes great sport with his opponents, and his readers will surely enjoy it."--Tom Bethell, bestselling author of "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Science""A powerful riposte to atheist mockery and cocksure science, and to the sort of philosophy that surrenders to them. David Berlinski proceeds reasonably and calmly to challenge recent scientific theorizing and to expose the unreason from which it presumes to criticize religion."--Harvey Mansfield, Professor of Government, Harvard University "Berlinski's book is everything desirable: it is idiomatic, profound, brilliantly polemical, amusing, and of course vastly learned. I congratulate him." --William F. Buckley Jr. "With high style and light-hearted disdain, David Berlinski deflates the intellectual pretensions of the scientific atheist crowd. Maybe they can recite the Periodic Table by heart, but the secular Berlinski shows that this doesn't get them very far in reasoning about much weightier matters."--Michael J. Behe, Professor of Biological Sciences, Lehigh University, bestselling author of "Darwin's Black Box "and "The Edge of Evolution" "David Berlinski plus any topic equals an extraordinary book." --Chicago Tribune "From the Hardcover edition."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#724724 May 5, 2014
Science is neutral, right?

Of course itís reliable, based on fact, unprejudiced, and trustworthy, isnít it? Well, guess again. A lot of what passes for science these days is pseudo-science, and a lot of scientific fact is hidden from public view because itís not politically correct.

Science has been politicizedónot by the Right, but by the Left, which sees global warming, Darwinism, stem cell research, and innumerable other issues as tools to advance its agenda (and in many cases expand the reach of government).

When liberals trot out scientists with white coats, debate is supposed to be silenced. But many of the high priests of science have something to hideófrom blind intolerance of religion to jealous guarding of their federally financed research budgets.

Luckily, science journalist Tom Bethell is here with the necessary and bracing antidote: The Politically Incorrect Guide to Science.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/089526031X/ref=...

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#724725 May 5, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Seems the Romans turned the sun God into a Jewish Messiah..
Sol Invictus was easily assimilated. The worship of Sol Invictus was already a pseudo-monotheistic religion and was the major Religion of the Roman Army and Emperors for hundreds of years before Constantine made Christianity the "approved" religion of the Empire.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#724726 May 5, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mithra and Apollo....as deemed by Constantine.
The pantheon of Christianity is a melting pot of several Greco-Roman deities and myths.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#724727 May 5, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sol Invictus was easily assimilated. The worship of Sol Invictus was already a pseudo-monotheistic religion and was the major Religion of the Roman Army and Emperors for hundreds of years before Constantine made Christianity the "approved" religion of the Empire.
Yeah, I was just saying maybe they ( Romans) came up with the Ingenious Idea to back date and write Jesus into a story to gain support for the Roman empire, while the whole time making the people think they were worshiping Jesus, a fictional character, when in reality they were worshiping the Roman God. I think it was possible with Josephus capture and turn traitor. He would have known about stuff no one else would have. Vaspasian captured all Jewish relics, Including Ancient Jewish scrolls, with the help of a few more people, it would've been possible, but then again, I am High..

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#724728 May 5, 2014
I don't think that makes a bit of fkn sense!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#724729 May 5, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
They just make up their own shit. That way they don't have to come to the realization that their deity doesn't exist.
It is called "Tinkerbell Jesus": "If you really, really believe in something it becomes reality."

In certain myths, the only way to kill a monster or deity is to simply stop believing in it.

Seems Bible God itself fears such a demise.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#724730 May 5, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
As a rational person, I understand the difference between science and Christian pseudoscience. You're a stark raving mad insane lunatic not a rational person.
There's never been a single scientific observation in support of the juvenile concepts of supernatural deities and afterlife paradises. You can continue making a f*cking azzhole out of yourself in an international forum by posting already discredited Christian apologetic bullshit, but science doesn't give a shit about your inane personal delusions.
There's also no credible historical evidence in support of the biblical Jesus. It's not surprising that a completely brainwashed mentally retarded death-denying cowardly Christian godbot like you lacks the capacity to differentiate Christian revisionist history from history. You're a dangerously delusional douchebag!
A rabid Chihuahua is more rational than you.
:B

“Love much, trust none”

There

#724731 May 5, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
It goes further than that it seems. These religious lunatics, push, stalk, bully and abuse. Over and over.
Then, when they start getting a bit back of what they dish out, they start crying about it.
Both online and off. They'd be better off realising that people are not putting up with christian garbage anymore.
Like these people, lol..
http://m.vice.com/read/heres-the-first-look-a...
I like it.

"Allow the little children to come to me." - Jesus

“Love much, trust none”

There

#724732 May 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Psst: Metropolis isn't a real city.
<quoted text>
Psst: what?!!?
Metropolis, Gotham.Big Apple, The City, etc.

Everyone knew what city Jerry and Joe were referring to since 1938.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#724733 May 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
So what? You can't prove that God doesn't exist.
That leaves us at a standstill.
<quoted text>
Psst: He's not bitching about aliens, bigfoot or Nessie.
Of course not., those "believers" don't have a 1700 year history of torturing and murdering non-believers.

“Faith = Trust”

Location hidden

#724734 May 5, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, I was just saying maybe they ( Romans) came up with the Ingenious Idea to back date and write Jesus into a story to gain support for the Roman empire, while the whole time making the people think they were worshiping Jesus, a fictional character, when in reality they were worshiping the Roman God. I think it was possible with Josephus capture and turn traitor. He would have known about stuff no one else would have. Vaspasian captured all Jewish relics, Including Ancient Jewish scrolls, with the help of a few more people, it would've been possible, but then again, I am High..
That's not a likely scenario.

Why would Rome dream up a monotheistic religion that would contradict their own polytheistic culture?

Further still, why would polytheistic Rome create another monotheistic religion in a nation they would crush in a brutal military siege?

The writings of Tacitus, Suentonius, and Josephus are regarded as the best historical accounts of the first century Roman and Hebrew cultures. They are the best resources we have from antiquity. Yet when Jesus is mentioned, anti-theists go nuts trying to disprove Jesus by claiming that all of these historians writings were forged or tampered with as some grand deception.

They have no idea how history is researched.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#724735 May 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Absence of expected evidence is evidence of absence.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Expected? What evidence do you "expect"?
<quoted text>
Uh no.
What evidence of God do you "expect"?
Move a mountain with faith alone like your Bible says you can.
Drink cyanide and live like your Bible says you can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 568,332
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min New Age Spiritual... 607,221
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min An NFL Fan 120,748
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 49 min Rick in Kansas 267,485
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 52 min Life after Love 5,329
WESH 2 News: Astronauts Likely Survived Challen... 1 hr toad4754 1
__POPE to U.N. for 1-World GOVT "Launching" 1 hr YTubeHeadlines 1
Scientific proof for God's existence 2 hr HipGnosis 592
More from around the web