“Religion kills”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#723744 May 2, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm ok with you not not knowing me. Religious lunatics with delusions of grandeur, are dangerous.
I'll second that.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#723745 May 2, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi.
I'm River.
Have we met?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =d2CfYOJ5oxkXX
Sperm whale.
River Tam.
Hmmmmmmmm

No we haven't met,
Hi River, I'm Pusherman

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#723746 May 2, 2014
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I don't like it either when they try to get Creation into a science class, but I don't see that ever getting out of control, I think the trend is slowly going away from religion here in the West at least.
Women's rights, you mean like making it a sin to use birth control? I agree, that sucks, but again, no one is forcing those women to participate in that religion. Centuries ago it may not have been as easy to choose to not participate.
Religion makes it easier to reject equality of gay rights but I think the problem would still be there with or without religion. And the same goes for terrorist acts. The acts are conveniently blamed on religion but, again, the root problem is still there whether it be anti-West sentiment or greed for land and power.
So, all in all, I don't like religion either, but my point is that, to me, it's not enough of a fundamental problem to care about as much as some of the hardcore topix atheists do.
Well, issues betwen nations may be a complex issue, but when the populace believes their deity gives them the right to harm innocents? That certainly plays a role.

I hear you on the rights of women and gays. However, Creationism is an issue that needs addressing. You are of course aware that there have been numerous court cases about the subject. And people make the mistake by thinking that scientific facts are decided on opinions of the unwashed masses. The Christians are trying damned hard to get Creationism into schools. Whhat do you think will happen to your education after that?

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#723747 May 2, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Torture me all you want...

Andy
Messenger
Serial number DNF-44821-V-63

OK, torture me some more

;-p
I'm only programmed to examine those of lower level intelligence.

It is not considered torture.

They must be pulled apart so I CAN SEE HOW THEY WORK!!

BWAHAHAHA !!!!

:p

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#723749 May 2, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
With no writing around of course the ancients didn't know how long they had been around as a species. I doubt that they even knew that Jericho's history went back to around 8000 to 9000 BC.
Hell they didn't even know how big the world was, or that a much much wider world existed outside of their limited sphere.
They didn't know that large civilizations existed in the Indus Valley and China and India, or that Australia existed and had been occupied by aborigines for around 35,000 to 40,000 years.
They had no clue that North and South America had been occupied for many thousands of years. They didn't know that Native Americans had hunted Mammoths in Arizona about 8,000 years before their middle eastern timeline
They had no idea that there were different languages all around the world...they wouldn't have understood how the different languages came about long before the supposed time of the Tower of Babel.
I wonder what a Hebrew from the time of the fictional Moses (around 1400+- BC) would think upon meeting a Native American or a Chinese or Japanese person?
Yeah and how much of all there is to know do you actually know? They did not know this, they did not know that. What did they know and could you survive in their world based on all you know? Don't think so.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#723750 May 2, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for sharing your mythology. Do you also know about the Kraken?
Haha. Legend.

http://youtu.be/gb2zIR2rvRQ

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#723751 May 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No we haven't met,
Hi River, I'm Pusherman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IcDsqSC5Z-cXX
I like these better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Cats are afraid of me for some reason. I think it's my leg. Small children and some dogs are wary as well.

Location hidden

#723752 May 2, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I like these better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hmr-B_JZTnEXX
Cats are afraid of me for some reason. I think it's my leg. Small children and some dogs are wary as well.
Spiders creep me out, I stomp everyone of them I see.

I don't like Snakes either.

I would not be afraid of you, you seem sweet as candy :)

“Good Morning”

Since: May 14

St. Louis

#723753 May 2, 2014
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
Only a Blind Person would ask this question!! Proff is everywhere!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#723754 May 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You got your unbiblical ass Biblically whooped and you know it.
Faith is not a good way to think. Thought needs to be grounded in reality. You're imagining a parallel universe where you got those questions correct. In this universe, you got one question correct out of twelve, and it was the one I gave the answer to with the quiz instructions.

You seem pretty agitated lately.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Maybe you should study the Bible more...
It would be a waste of my time to look at the bible any more than I already do, or for any purpose other than that for which I already refer to it. It has no value to me apart from referring to it in discussions such as these.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Any adult practicing Christian is more qualified than any non-adult, non-practicing Christian to interpret the Bible, yes?
No.

Location hidden

#723755 May 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Spiders creep me out, I stomp everyone of them I see.
I don't like Snakes either.
I would not be afraid of you, you seem sweet as candy :)
My first pet was a Bamboo viper. It slept in my bed with me until my mom found it. She said words that a Christian isn't supposed to say. I wasn't strong enough yet to stop her from killing it.

She wouldn't let me keep the scorpion either.

She didn't like my attitude after that.

I got shipped off promptly. I think it was the atheist part. I'm pretty sure she didn't know I was lesbian. I didn't even know until I was 10.

Fennario

#723756 May 2, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
This anonymous person depicts himself as having a PH.D. in Electrical Engineering. Has peer reviewed publications and is a professional research Scientist about 1:13-1:30 into the link. If he is that credentialed, why does he not identify himself or reference his academic credentials?
I could speculate, but I don't know.
lightbeamrider wrote:
You call yourself a skeptic? Who is this guy? Anybody can come on the Internet and do this sort of thing and say anything they want about their so-called academic credentials. If he does not identify himself then he is FOS.
I don't really care who he is or what his background is. I liked what he had to say.

Fennario

#723757 May 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
. Even with all those different versus provided by that link, there's nothing biblical suggesting "God created everything from nothing". That is a modern-day atheist and skeptic lie.
Actually, if it's a lie, it's one told by many if not most theologians. It's William Lane Craig's position, for example.

Are you aware of any other position being espoused by any other theologians? What substance did the god use if something rather than nothing? Himself?

Location hidden

#723758 May 2, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
My first pet was a Bamboo viper. It slept in my bed with me until my mom found it. She said words that a Christian isn't supposed to say. I wasn't strong enough yet to stop her from killing it.
She wouldn't let me keep the scorpion either.
She didn't like my attitude after that.
I got shipped off promptly. I think it was the atheist part. I'm pretty sure she didn't know I was lesbian. I didn't even know until I was 10.
I think you have a beautiful way about you, and a keen sense of Humor.
Everyone has a right to live and believe as they choose.
Like I said, I think you're sweet as candy and I'd nibble on you like a Reese Cup :)
You have great taste In Music also..

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#723759 May 2, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, issues betwen nations may be a complex issue, but when the populace believes their deity gives them the right to harm innocents? That certainly plays a role.
I hear you on the rights of women and gays. However, Creationism is an issue that needs addressing. You are of course aware that there have been numerous court cases about the subject. And people make the mistake by thinking that scientific facts are decided on opinions of the unwashed masses. The Christians are trying damned hard to get Creationism into schools. Whhat do you think will happen to your education after that?
No sane person approves of "innocents" being victimized, but my belief is that it would still happen in the absence of religion, just that religion is the most convenient way to justify an action or to blame it on. Religion isn't entirely bad; it's good for some folks and in some ways. Churches sponsor mission trips, they bring people together, etc. My guess is most of the people that live religious lives would be manic depressants without their religion and as such would cause real problems for society.

Is it religion or the way it is practiced that is wrong? Religion itself teaches us to love, not hate and to not steal. It's the people that confound their religion, not the religion itself that causes problems. With or without religion people will always confound things to promote an agenda.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#723760 May 2, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
The Christians are trying damned hard to get Creationism into schools. Whhat do you think will happen to your education after that?
If it ever happened, it would be a sad day for science, but all in all, I don't think it would become the scientific cancer you think it is. You think it would convert kids over to religion? It might have the opposite effect.It would be like any other 'mandatory red tape formality'. It's worth fighting to keep it out of science class, but I can't see school ever becoming "Sunday school" if Creation receives a 'mention'. I'm not condoning it either, just saying that I'm not emotional enough about it to care that much.

What's the worst case scenario? If it receives mention next year, then a few decades from now we might have *elective* courses on the Bible. That's the worst case in my opinion. But they're never going to worship "God" in school. Hey, I don't know, like I said, it's worth fighting to keep it out but to me I have bigger problems.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#723761 May 2, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
We have som pretty old sites here too, from the San people. I think cave paintings was a major step mankind took. We have come as far as we have because we pass on a great load of information from one generation to the next. Where would we have been if since the days of Newton, everybody had to formulate a gravitational theorem? Cave paintings is where that notion started.
Many of the animals painted were pregnant.
Some believe fertility was represented..

Location hidden

#723762 May 2, 2014
Rose Tattoo

Stuck On You ( Like A Rose Tattoo )

Location hidden

#723763 May 2, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if it's a lie, it's one told by many if not most theologians. It's William Lane Craig's position, for example.
Are you aware of any other position being espoused by any other theologians? What substance did the god use if something rather than nothing? Himself?
Spontaneous ejaculation.

Without masturbation, of course. That would be a sin.

Location hidden

#723764 May 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I think you have a beautiful way about you, and a keen sense of Humor.
Everyone has a right to live and believe as they choose.
Like I said, I think you're sweet as candy and I'd nibble on you like a Reese Cup :)
You have great taste In Music also..
You should hear me play the violin.

It's almost musical.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 567,454
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min New Age Spiritual... 607,076
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 13 min girls united states 226
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 24 min Kait the Pork Plate 442,007
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 44 min NWmoon 221,530
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 45 min Rathore 38,060
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 51 min Hunter 252
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 56 min RiccardoFire 267,329
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 97,438
Scientific proof for God's existence 2 hr Rick in Kansas 501
More from around the web