Prove there's a god.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#724239 May 3, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> hahaha! tell me how you really feel.. Just what do I represent? I think you should be whatever you wanna be, just as anyone..I could make a good woman outta you Doc, I'd smack that arse for you every time you turned around. I'd have you out hoeing the Garden :)
Here is a song for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =40d3zC0zX48XX
irecknso!
Some people find me abrasive at first meeting. The don't like me at all.

Being abrasive has it's advantages, though. It lets me eventually smooth it all out.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#724240 May 3, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I kept this post on the back burner for a while now, due to an inability to answer. I don't know, honestly. I don't know if you remember but when I came on here in 2011, my POV was that we should serve the role of educators. After dealing with people like Dave, Buck, Dr. Shrink and Yellodog, I am not sure that those people can be educated.
If not educators, then what?
I would dare say that confirmation bias exists in people on both sides even if some don't want to admit it. I have to ask though, what about people who were actually opposed to the reality of a supreme being, but later came to believe after an honest and open minded look at the evidence on both sides?

Intelligent atheists who became believers.

Sir Anthony Flew became a deist.
William Murray (son of notorious Madelyn Murray O'Hair) became a Christian.
Francis Collins (human genome project) became a Christian.
C.S. Lewis, author of Chronicles of Narnia became a Christian and leading apologist.
Peter Hitchens (brother of late Christopher Hitchens)
Peter Steele of Type O Negative.
A.N. Wilson, novelist.

Most of these people were raised in atheistic families and became believers later. Each has been brilliant and made valuable contributions to society both before and after converting.

Most of the people listed wouldn't have had any predisposition to convert to something they actually opposed at one time in their lives. Where was the confirmation bias? I know I sure as hell didn't expect to convert.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#724241 May 3, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just it. You ***don't*** understand the deeper theological concepts which led ultimately to your abandonment of it. Your understandings were likely based on literalism which to be fair wouldn't make sense. The great theologian of the 20th century, Karl Barth said "I take the bible too seriously to read it literally."
See? Even ole' Karl knowed it was all jist a JOKE!
Yer deity got's a awful sense o' humor though....mak'n ole' Abe nearly kill his own kid an all. I bet'cha he never figgered them Roman Cathaholic barbarians was gonna steal all his perverted fun away from them Sids and change the name of the religion like the done though. At least they carried on with the murder'n and such like he was hav'n so much fun with hisself....prolly really pissed 'em off I reckon.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#724242 May 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya. the character verification of authenticity is the same value--irregardless of your bias.
Telling you you are bigoted is merely exposing your bias for what it is--not "name calling". get real here will you.
If I have to be a believer to even discuss your fantasy belief, then you are correct--there is no point in proceeding any farther, as your prerequisites are unreasonably bigoted and biased toward your own position.
You call that "proof" of any existence? What you have displayed here as "proof" is nothing more than rhetoric. How about you set up a meeting with your deity(s) and myself ---say about 24 hours from now. My place will be fine. Should I shit in one hand and wait for your deity to show up in the other? I will offer 100-1 odds at the result---I could use the money actually.
Do I have to be a believer to discuss your fantasy belief that irregardless is a word?

“Faith = Trust”

Location hidden

#724243 May 3, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus (if he existed) did not know Genesis was a fable....he was a product of his times and accepted what he was told as he grew up.
How can you question whether or not Jesus existed in one breath, and then go on to assert what he did or didn't know in the next breath? And if you think you know enough about Jesus to make such a claim, where did you get your information? And FYI, people didn't just blindly accept claims back then either. Nobody in their wildest imaginations would've made up an account of a resurrected deity that died for mortals and who was discovered as resurrected by women. Especially not people from a strict monotheistic culture as that of Judaic Hebrews.

Location hidden

#724244 May 3, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus (if he existed) did not know Genesis was a fable....he was a product of his times and accepted what he was told as he grew up.
If he was a real omnipotent deity, he would have known better--and said so.

“Faith = Trust”

Location hidden

#724245 May 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
See? Even ole' Karl knowed it was all jist a JOKE!
Yer deity got's a awful sense o' humor though....mak'n ole' Abe nearly kill his own kid an all. I bet'cha he never figgered them Roman Cathaholic barbarians was gonna steal all his perverted fun away from them Sids and change the name of the religion like the done though. At least they carried on with the murder'n and such like he was hav'n so much fun with hisself....prolly really pissed 'em off I reckon.
How much more clueless can you get?

Go.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#724246 May 3, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You never said that anything must have a creator, yet you also claim that everything has a creator. Care to clarify that?
<quoted text>
I'll repost it for you.
RR: "No, I've never said that everything must have a creator. What I've said is, things that appear to be intelligently designed must of had a creator."
<quoted text>
So you're saying that things that were not "intelligently designed," such as rocks 'n' shit, didn't have a creator? The air, the water, the Earth itself?
But you said this creator of yours created everything.
Which is it?
You terribly misunderstand. The earth is a very complex thing, I believe they complex things are designed. Also things like the air and water, both complex meeting both designed.

Take something like river rocks or erosion, those are just things that happen but aren't necessarily designed because they aren't complex. The rock itself is, the water is, but the effect one has on the other isn't designed.

Put it in human terms. We are intelligent designers, humans have been doing it for a very long time. Use shoes as an example, humans design the shoe, then create the shoe. The wear that the shoe takes over the course of it's lifetime isn't designed, it's just something that happens.

And don't misquote me, I have never said that God created everything. I've argued with people, asking them if God created the iPhone or toilet paper or herpes or brick. Humans created all those, not God.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#724247 May 3, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Read here: http://geology.com/stories/13/petrified-wood/
Petrified trees are formed much like fossils are. Flash floods, landslides, etc, may bury the tree in sediment.
Mich like fossilisation, petrification is a process that is rarely seen in nature and not the normal course of events
Ah, The Flood. yes I agree..they were for sure covered with sediment as water receded w/out a doubt..Of course it wasn't a "Normal" event. the trees were all covered at the same time. No landslide to it, unless of course it was just localized around the globe, like the Flood, as Anti Global Flood people think..

Location hidden

#724248 May 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I have to be a believer to discuss your fantasy belief that irregardless is a word?
More of a reality than your deity little fella.
Perhaps you should have your mentor GW explain it to you.

Location hidden

#724249 May 3, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Being abrasive has it's advantages, though. It lets me eventually smooth it all out.
I didn't think you were, just a keen sense of humor is all I thought. I am smooth as Kessler ( 80 proof)

“Bacon Bacon ”

Since: Dec 06

SW Burbs Chicago

#724250 May 3, 2014
Isn't it God's responsibility to prove himself to those who will listen?

Location hidden

#724251 May 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Flavian" was the blood dynasty of the rulers of the Roman theocracy. Those writers rewrote the entire history of the entire area and it's religion. Anyone who was "anti" was simply eliminated and their works burned---no argument of it's divine affirmation from there on.
Exactly, their authority was absolute. any writings or anything that went against them were destroyed.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#724252 May 3, 2014
No I didn't.
But then, that's what you christians always say.
There was more to that post, why did you erase it? What are you trying to hide? Here it is again:

You yourself just quoted out of context, when you cited the Midianite girl verse.

Thanks for your unwitting assistance.

Location hidden

#724253 May 3, 2014
<quoted text>
How can you question whether or not Jesus existed in one breath, and then go on to assert what he did or didn't know in the next breath? And if you think you know enough about Jesus to make such a claim, where did you get your information? And FYI, people didn't just blindly accept claims back then either. Nobody in their wildest imaginations would've made up an account of a resurrected deity that died for mortals and who was discovered as resurrected by women. Especially not people from a strict monotheistic culture as that of Judaic Hebrews.
Perhaps it is because others have to respond/relate to you in the context of your belief system and circular reasoning at the same time....even knowing how absurd it all is.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#724254 May 3, 2014
I wish I could say it's been fun, but it hasn't.
Trying to educate you christians is like herding kittens.
Unlike you dumbfucking fundies, I have a real life, and I'm getting back to it.
And Arr Arr? Stephie and I are having *real* sex. You don't define it, you got nothing to say about it. Go fuck yourself.
There is...

"You don't get to define sex, only I do!" -Kait

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#724255 May 3, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
K-Y will help with your abrasiveness.

So will Astro-Glide.

I'm here to help...

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#724256 May 3, 2014
<quoted text>Scrooge wrote:
"There is no historical evidence outside of the Bible, no mention of Moses outside the Bible, and no independent confirmation that Moses ever existed."
—Dr. Michael D. Coogan, lecturer on the Old Testament at Harvard Divinity School

No, he cited Dr. Michael D. Coogan, lecturer on the Old Testament at Harvard DivinitySchool.

Either you missed it 'cause it sailed clear over your head, or you're deliberately ignoring it. I'm thinkin' the latter.

Ghost Writer 2 You wrote, "<quoted text> I looked up her website and the book. The quote she used was out of it's context and mined to support her anti-Christian presuppositions."

Naturally. The christian apologetic's favorite phrase is "You're taking it out of context."

Ghost Writer 2 You wrote, "<quoted text> Dr. Michael Coogan is a recognized expert on the Old Testament, and his books are required reading for Seminarians and Theology students. I'll now be ordering his books and reading them to look for that quote,"

So, you are admitting that you have not read his books, yet you are claiming to know that his quote was "taken out of context."

Ooooo-kay.
Apologists would make brilliant spin doctors. Hahaha.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#724257 May 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>"There's probably no God"
-Dawkins

Hitchens would've dismissed that.
Point?

Location hidden

#724258 May 3, 2014
<quoted text>
How much more clueless can you get?
Go.
I figger that I have ta get down ta some level o' intelligence close ta yers sis....so's it can make some sense ta ya'll.
I realize I got a better chance o' talk'n brain surgery ta a orangutan, but ya can't say I didn't try..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Just Think 637,180
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Darwins Stepchild 28,262
Play "end of the word" part 2 47 min ImFree2Choose 1,424
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr An NFL Fan 37,929
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Highest Comandmen... 44,096
-- ISRAEL SAYS Remove DOME, Build 3rd Temple -- 5 hr April2016News 1
How common is it for a man to suck a women's toes? (Jun '12) 5 hr colin 12
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 hr macumazahn 104,194
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 11 hr Paul is dead 3,593
More from around the web