Prove there's a god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#724034 May 3, 2014
Pokay wrote:
It's a fact that there is no evidence that there is any actual "substance" to our "physical" reality. That is based on science, not faith. Maybe you should try reading more science then and you'd know that.
Thanks for the heads up. I rely on my faith based friends for direction.

Fennario

#724035 May 3, 2014
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I don't like it either when they try to get Creation into a science class, but I don't see that ever getting out of control, I think the trend is slowly going away from religion here in the West at least.
Women's rights, you mean like making it a sin to use birth control? I agree, that sucks, but again, no one is forcing those women to participate in that religion. Centuries ago it may not have been as easy to choose to not participate.
Religion makes it easier to reject equality of gay rights but I think the problem would still be there with or without religion. And the same goes for terrorist acts. The acts are conveniently blamed on religion but, again, the root problem is still there whether it be anti-West sentiment or greed for land and power.
So, all in all, I don't like religion either, but my point is that, to me, it's not enough of a fundamental problem to care about as much as some of the hardcore topix atheists do.
What I see in this post is basically, "Yeah, religion is bad, but don't blame it or work to resist it." I blame and resist bad things. Why don't you?

Fennario

#724036 May 3, 2014
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........OH MAN..........My cute little Brazilian Macaque.
I may have 16 pages of this thread to wade through, but based on the last several pages of it, I'm guessing that about 50% will be posts like this from you. Thanks for everything you do for others.

Fennario

#724037 May 3, 2014
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
My cute little Amazon Gibbon
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
You bet those two hairy balls I am.
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
You ain't kidding.
Thanks again.

Fennario

#724038 May 3, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
There is this whole idea one has to have remains or archeological evidence especially as it applies to depictions in the Bible and is validated by sources outside to Bible.(Special Pleading)
Special pleading is when you require evidence in every other aspect of your life apart from your faith, which you accept and ask others to accept as truth without it.

Fennario

#724039 May 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't see it as a contradiction and I don't understand what you do. One book may say this while the other book says that, but in the end they both mean the same thing. No?
No. I see contradictions. Did you want to see it all again?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I answered the questions to your quiz, did you happen to save my answers?
See the post after the one linked to above.

Fennario

#724040 May 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'm not the one imagining, you are. You gave the answers that fit your reality.
My answers all came out of the bible, which is your reality, not mine.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Of course you think studying the Bible would be a waste of time, it might open your eyes to something that you didn't know, or something you don't want to know, you can't have your "reality" ever questioned. Yes/no? I think yes.
What has bible study done for you that might appeal to me?

Fennario

#724041 May 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
William Lane Craig is misguided.
That's what he says about you. Let's call it a tie.

Fennario

#724042 May 3, 2014
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
I own you. I literally own you. You sprint to your computer with baited breath to see what I wrote and that is a fact. What would you do without me? Atrophy........that's what. You are all alone and I am all you have. FACT!!!!!
Blimey.

You're a real "Up with people" kind of guy, aren't you?

Fennario

#724043 May 3, 2014
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your frustration, I really do. After all it's been 2000 plus years and counting and Christianity is EXPLODING IN ALL PARTS OF THE WORLD. It's been 2000 plus years AND COUNTING and there are over 2.3 Billion of us. I feel for you........I really, really feel for you. I mean Darwin tried to end it and the ONLY THING he accomplished was his death. Nietzsche tried and he ended up eating flies in a straight jacket. Mencken tried and he failed miserably too. Hitchens tried and all he was able to do was acquire Cancer. Dawkins is trying but he is also failing miserably as he is only making MORE people believe in God and Christ due to his aggressive and belligerent Anti-God stance. Poor little Richard was just devastated when his best friend and WORLD RENOWNED BIOLOGIST AND PHILOSOPHER Anthony Flew AGGRESSIVELY abandoned his atheist stance and BECAME A BELIEVER. Nice job there Richard, couldn't even convince a staunch atheist like Anthony Flew..........what a loser.
So believe me, I truly and sincerely understand your frustration. BTW I only named 5 misguided retards, but there have been HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS, just like YOU who have been trying to end Christianity and belief in God for well over 2000 years, with the same eternally comical, circular result. And long, long, after you've begun to push up daisies, CHRISTIANITY WILL STILL BE HERE AND SO WILL THE BELIEF IN GOD.
I'm sorry. I am truly sorry for you, because I know this immutable historical fact eats away at the likes of you like acid in your stomach.
Sorry
You are an empath indeed. Others bleed, but you suffer.

Don't feel so bad, though. It's never been a better time to be an unbeliever.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#724044 May 3, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>You are an empath indeed. Others bleed, but you suffer.

Don't feel so bad, though. It's never been a better time to be an unbeliever.
Lol. You actually read her vitriol?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#724045 May 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You're asking me how an all-powerful, omnipresent, omniscient being created stuff? Like I would know that...
No. That's not what I'm asking you, and you know it. You're just evading the question.

You said that god didn't create the universe from nothing. That means he created it form SOMETHING. Where did that SOMETHING come from? And who created IT?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Saint Louis, MO

#724046 May 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Blimey.
You're a real "Up with people" kind of guy, aren't you?
The guy makes me upchuck.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#724047 May 3, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. Satan owns you.
See....little stupid PUNKS like YOU is why al of the 'WSJLM?' regulars have left that thread. Is it the world's fault that you are a dumb, stupid monkey that has no life, except to irritate invisible mutes on the internet?? You're nothing but a stupid no-life-having pain in the rear. You and that stupid shrink bowy.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#724048 May 3, 2014
CCR

Green River

Pick up a flat rock, skip it across green river.

Location hidden

#724049 May 3, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>The guy makes me upchuck.
She'll get upset again.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#724050 May 3, 2014
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>See....little stupid PUNKS like YOU is why al of the 'WSJLM?' regulars have left that thread. Is it the world's fault that you are a dumb, stupid monkey that has no life, except to irritate invisible mutes on the internet?? You're nothing but a stupid no-life-having pain in the rear. You and that stupid shrink bowy.
Tell me again how Christianity makes you a better person?

Location hidden

#724051 May 3, 2014
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>See....little stupid PUNKS like YOU is why al of the 'WSJLM?' regulars have left that thread. Is it the world's fault that you are a dumb, stupid monkey that has no life, except to irritate invisible mutes on the internet?? You're nothing but a stupid no-life-having pain in the rear. You and that stupid shrink bowy.
Well, the same could be said for winlac. Did you rape anyone today, christian scum?

Location hidden

#724052 May 3, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me again how Christianity makes you a better person?
I can tell you, christianity allows him to think he can rape women and threaten to hit, duct tape and rape female posters on public forums.

The jesus! character, forgives him daily.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#724053 May 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Special pleading is when you require evidence in every other aspect of your life apart from your faith, which you accept and ask others to accept as truth without it.
If ancient man knew about Dinosaurs and i think he did, then your evolution takes a big hit. You have to ask yourself, how did he obtain that knowledge? What did they have in mind when they were carving those images?

http://www.genesispark.com/exhibits/evidence/...

In 1945 Waldemar Julsrud, a resident of Acambaro, Mexico who had archaeological experience, discovered clay figurines buried at the foot of El Toro Mountain. Eventually over 33,000 ceramic and stone figurines were found! These range from detailed artwork, to fine musical instruments, to roughly-shaped animal depictions, to monstrous creatures. There are clear similarities to Chupicuaro Cultural artifacts (800 BC to 200 AD) found in the area, a culture that Julsrud co-discovered.

Smiling Dino Cleanacambaro dino hi-resAcambaro Sauropod Hi Res CleanClub-tailed Dino Clean But the authenticity of JulsrudÂ’s find has been challenged because the huge collection included clear dinosaur figurines.

----------

Once they find dinosaurs then they get all schizo and run in with the dating methods etc. They can put any date they want. The bias is already there. The format. Early man could have never known about dinos, according to them so it means something else and the dates assigned are early. 500 or so years as opposed to 2 or 3 K. in which case they would be screwed. The problem is not with the evidence. The problem is with the interpretation. Since the creationists are open to different interpretations, they are marginalized, vilified. If their case was so strong they would not have to do that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Joe Fortuna 87,462
Looking to finally settle down. Need some sugge... 35 min Jayvee56 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min The Ragin Pagan 703,570
Why are women from USA prefer casual dating ove... 44 min lookingforU1 1
The Good Man Donald Trump 1 hr MexicoWill Pay4Wall 2
Prostitutes at Taiji Massage in Port Charlotte 1 hr FredG5 1
School honoring Confed general 2B Renamed 4 Bar... 1 hr Omg 2