Prove there's a god.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#723702 May 1, 2014
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
I love getting to you pu**ies. I love disrupting you. I love stigmatizing you. I love intellectually destroying and psychologically torturing you. Do you know why? BECAUSE I CAN
Because you're nothing but a pathetic hyper-sensitive little KNT, who is sooooooooo easy to upset. You fkn lifeless louse. YOU MAKE ME SICK. But I looooooooooove driving you to the point of frenzy. And I hope your intense and seething hatred for all things Christians kills you and I'm sure that one day it will, when that pea-sized brain of yours explodes. In the meantime I'm gonna keep on picking at your eyes like a raven from Hell. You worthless piece of trash. THIS IS YOUR WHOLE LIFE..........PIECE OF SHT.
Care to buy a vowel, Vanna?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#723703 May 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Tomorrow is the last day for my chemo. I am cured despite your prayers to Satan for my death.
It proves God loves me and hates you.
Enjoy Hell.
It's very funny. I tried to reply to "Viqueen" and Topix won't let me. Haha.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#723704 May 1, 2014
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if I WAS Mickey Mouse, I'd still be smarter than you. And cuter too. At least people would be able to tell I was a MALE mouse.
Mickey got mad at Minnie because he heard she was fugking Goofey. He'd be livid at how utterly goofy you are.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#723705 May 1, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I have gathered that, LOLZ.
Reason I asked: Been watching a doccie about new spacecraft we are trying to build. One involves a giant aliminium "sail" that can harvest the energy from laser beams directed in its direction.
As you know, combustion engines in current form is not really a means of traversing space in any reasonable amount of time. However, an engine capable of acceleration in space would be able to travel much faster, because there is no limit to how fast such a machine would be able to travel, except light speed. If we are able to put something in space that can accelerate to say, 0.5C, suddenly interstellar travel becomes possible.
Reason I ask you, I am curious at what point would you start encountering resistance. In particle accelerators, we are able to get these particles travelling very high speeds, but they always show great resistance when approaching v=c. If we were ever to build something capable of travelling to the nearest stars, based on current information, how fast would you think such machines could travel, based on what happens in colliders?
The Lorentz factor gamma is given by

gamma = 1 / sqrt (1-beta^2)

where beta is v/c.

The mass, and thus the inertia, is given by M = gamma * M0, M0 being the rest mass.

So at 0.5c, the mass will have increased by about 15%. A noticeable effect, but not huge. At 0.9c the mass will have increased by about 130%.

The idea of a light sail has been around for quite a while. The original idea was to use the light pressure from the Sun to propel the craft. After the invention of the laser, using ground based lasers became an option.

Some sci-fi stories have explored this idea. I believe the Moties in the Mote in God's Eye used it to propel their craft. I also think it was used in Footfall by the aliens to get to our system. But then, those two stories were both written by Niven & Pournelle.(Both books are quite good.)

The idea has also been proposed to use lasers, fired into a reflective/ablative shield on the bottom of a craft to propel it into orbit, saving the massive weight of fuel needed by chemical rockets. I saw a program some time back where there was a competition for ideas to push a space elevator up to geosynchronous orbit. Real models were used, and several were using the laser rocket idea to push the elevator up the tether.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#723706 May 1, 2014
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
You ain't kidding.
Ahhh, Union City, NJ. A pisshole in da snow. The beginning of Italian immigrant atheism. Thank you for being from there, where this novel is set....

Christ in Concrete

I. Geremio: Geremio and his coworkers are gruesomely killed on the job when the building they are working on collapses. Geremio is swallowed in concrete, which crushes him to death as it dries. Because this accident occurs on Good Friday, Geremio is the "Christ in concrete" of the title.

II. Job: Geremio's pregnant widow, Annunziata, is left with no way to provide for their already-large family. Her brother Luigi promises to help, but soon he himself is injured at work and loses part of his leg. Geremio and Annunziata's oldest son, Paul, tries to find charity from local businesses and from the church, but with no success. He decides to take his father's place as brick-layer, and after a while is accepted by the other workers as having inherited his father's skills; yet, because of his youth, the company pays him only a pittance and Paul overworks himself. In this section, the word "job" is treated like a character and often capitalized.

III. Tenement: Unable to work, Paul remains at home; di Donato uses this section to explore some of the other families in the tenement, including the Olsens, whose daughter Gloria attracts Paul, and the Molovs, Russian Jews whose son Louis befriends Paul after telling him about the death of his older brother back in Russia. Also in this section, Annunziata and Paul visit a psychic, who reassures them that Geremio is watching over and praying for them, and attend the hearing at the Compensation Bureau, which ends indecisively with the construction company blaming the workers for the accident and the insurance company claiming the accident falls outside the bounds of the policies they have with the construction company.

IV. Fiesta: Paul gets a better-paying job as a bricklayer, and later gets a job working on skyscrapers. Luigi comes home from the hospital and eventually marries Cola, providing the fiesta of the title.

V. Annunaziata: The Great Depression hits, and Paul helps his mentor Nazone get work, only to have Nazone fall to his death after a fight with the foreman. Distraught, Paul tells his mother that he no longer believes in God or in the afterlife, which, in retrospect, she finally agrees..

But wait, there's more

http://www.uvm.edu/~arosa/christconcrete.html

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#723708 May 1, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny, because you bitch like a bitch. Hell hath no fury...
Yes. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#723709 May 1, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Well for 195,000 years they did not write anything. That is since human history disappears post 5000 years.
I disagree with your terminology. Human history did not disappear 5000 years ago. Rather, WRITTEN history appeared 5000 years ago.

The idea of writing was revolutionary. I recall reading that the idea of writing has only been developed three times in human history, in the Middle East, in Mesoamerica and in the Far East.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#723713 May 1, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
Yes, humans started writing about 5500 years ago....whats your point?
I already answered that. Writing is what makes us distinct as humans and you say humans only began writing say 5500 years ago and claim humans have been around 200,000 years with no writing or language evidence nor is there any ancient historical precedent. if the ancients knew humans were around for 100,000+ years they did not write about it so, once again all you have is modern speculation.

Location hidden

#723714 May 1, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo lightbeamrider
We have ancient rock paintings that are much, much older than the 5,000 years you claim. People back then had no concept of letters and numbers. That was a much later (not to mention a massive gamechanger) development
That is all speculation and rock painting dating is not an exact science. People had no concept of letters and numbers? Then they were not people. Having concepts of letter and numbers is what makes us different from the animals. It makes us distinctly human.

Location hidden

#723715 May 1, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Is part of the self-proclaimed super genius credo whining on the internet and proclaiming virtual victory which is nothing if not pyrrhic?
A pyrrhic victory is still a victory. Learn a new word today? There is not self proclamation of super genius from Ghost Writer. If there is prove it.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#723716 May 1, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> That is all speculation and rock painting dating is not an exact science. People had no concept of letters and numbers? Then they were not people. Having concepts of letter and numbers is what makes us different from the animals. It makes us distinctly human.
That's ridiculous.

North American native tribes had no written language to speak of. It served no purpose until the Europeans crashed the party.

I bet there'll be some real knee slappin stories found in the remains of Noah's ark. Well, you know, when it's found.

Location hidden

#723717 May 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's ridiculous.
North American native tribes had no written language to speak of. It served no purpose until the Europeans crashed the party.
well i am Chippewa and that is news to me.
I bet there'll be some real knee slappin stories found in the remains of Noah's ark. Well, you know, when it's found.
The ancients treated it as valid history. There is this whole idea one has to have remains or archeological evidence especially as it applies to depictions in the Bible and is validated by sources outside to Bible.(Special Pleading) This ignores the fact without writing and advanced communication skills there would be no interpretation of archeology in the first place.

It also ignores written history from the ancients is evidence! Especially when you have multiple sources. When you do an investigation, you go with what you have and it is not unreasonable to assume the ancients believed the flood to be actual history. And again you have nothing from the ancients which validates any modern assumptions the flood as myth. No dissenting report from the ancients.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#723718 May 2, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I already answered that. Writing is what makes us distinct as humans and you say humans only began writing say 5500 years ago and claim humans have been around 200,000 years with no writing or language evidence nor is there any ancient historical precedent. if the ancients knew humans were around for 100,000+ years they did not write about it so, once again all you have is modern speculation.
With no writing around of course the ancients didn't know how long they had been around as a species. I doubt that they even knew that Jericho's history went back to around 8000 to 9000 BC.

Hell they didn't even know how big the world was, or that a much much wider world existed outside of their limited sphere.

They didn't know that large civilizations existed in the Indus Valley and China and India, or that Australia existed and had been occupied by aborigines for around 35,000 to 40,000 years.

They had no clue that North and South America had been occupied for many thousands of years. They didn't know that Native Americans had hunted Mammoths in Arizona about 8,000 years before their middle eastern timeline

They had no idea that there were different languages all around the world...they wouldn't have understood how the different languages came about long before the supposed time of the Tower of Babel.

I wonder what a Hebrew from the time of the fictional Moses (around 1400+- BC) would think upon meeting a Native American or a Chinese or Japanese person?

“What game?”

Location hidden

#723719 May 2, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> well i am Chippewa and that is news to me.
<quoted text> The ancients treated it as valid history. There is this whole idea one has to have remains or archeological evidence especially as it applies to depictions in the Bible and is validated by sources outside to Bible.(Special Pleading) This ignores the fact without writing and advanced communication skills there would be no interpretation of archeology in the first place.
It also ignores written history from the ancients is evidence! Especially when you have multiple sources. When you do an investigation, you go with what you have and it is not unreasonable to assume the ancients believed the flood to be actual history. And again you have nothing from the ancients which validates any modern assumptions the flood as myth. No dissenting report from the ancients.
No reports is plenty of reports from ancients who did write. No world wide flood reports from the far east.

Any reports from the ancient Chippewa writings?

Any drawings of mermaids on the cave walls?

Am I denying that those particular ancient people who wrote about a flood, experienced a flood? No, I'm not. They may very well have. People in Florida experienced one just yesterday. It happens, locally.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#723720 May 2, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>well i am Chippewa and that is news to me.
[QUOTE] I bet there'll be some real knee slappin stories found in the remains of Noah's ark. Well, you know, when it's found."

The ancients treated it as valid history. There is this whole idea one has to have remains or archeological evidence especially as it applies to depictions in the Bible and is validated by sources outside to Bible.(Special Pleading) This ignores the fact without writing and advanced communication skills there would be no interpretation of archeology in the first place.

That's a cool story dude, just one question, how did the ancients know about the flood?

“What game?”

Location hidden

#723721 May 2, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a cool story dude, just one question, how did the ancients know about the flood?
Hi Juicy !!

Where'd your new bff go?

And why have you been on Topix FOR THE LAST 24 HOURS !!!!!!!!!

YOU CHILDLESS MAN, YOU.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#723722 May 2, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Juicy !!

Where'd your new bff go?

And why have you been on Topix FOR THE LAST 24 HOURS !!!!!!!!!

YOU CHILDLESS MAN, YOU.
Hi Tam!

Oh, I discombobulated her.

BECAUSE I NEVER SLEEP!!

Not EVER!

I was made by science you see, I don't have that defect. I'm a Cybernetic Demonoid and my real name is ADAM.

Because I'm male, you know.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#723723 May 2, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Tam!
Oh, I discombobulated her.
BECAUSE I NEVER SLEEP!!
Not EVER!
I was made by science you see, I don't have that defect. I'm a Cybernetic Demonoid and my real name is ADAM.
Because I'm male, you know.
"INITIATING SHUTDOWN SEQUENCE. YOU BASTARDS."

~ Andy the Messenger Robot (many other functions)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#723724 May 2, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>"INITIATING SHUTDOWN SEQUENCE. YOU BASTARDS."

~ Andy the Messenger Robot (many other functions)
Lol.

THAT WON'T WORK!!

That damn slayer ripped out my plutonium power source and I pretended to die but I SURVIVED!!

I AM INDESTRUCTIBLE !!!

BWAHAHAHA !!

For some reason now, my vocal program sounds exactly like Bowser when I laugh.

It doesn't bother me.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#723725 May 2, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.
THAT WON'T WORK!!
That damn slayer ripped out my plutonium power source and I pretended to die but I SURVIVED!!
I AM INDESTRUCTIBLE !!!
BWAHAHAHA !!
For some reason now, my vocal program sounds exactly like Bowser when I laugh.
It doesn't bother me.
Torture me all you want...

Andy
Messenger
Serial number DNF-44821-V-63

OK, torture me some more

;-p

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min nanoanomaly 100,228
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 min 2 tim 2 15 6,146
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min kent 670,287
Treating others with respect 17 min Sherry Denise N 13
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 39 min To All Idiots 445,653
News The 12 worst movies to ever win Oscars 2 hr discocrisco 1
Interracial experience-Mexican men and Black women (Jul '12) 3 hr Nicky 148
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Pegasus 286,455
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
More from around the web