Prove there's a god.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#723006 Apr 30, 2014
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know how often you are correct but I know you are as wrong as wrong can be if you think something comes from nothing. I was correct that you did not address a single point in my post to you where I explained how something cannot come from nothing. What reasons does anyone have to think you are right that something can come from nothing? Because you say so?
Again, the statement that "virtual particles pop in and out of existence" does not mean they pop in from nothingness. They must be fluctuating in and out of an undetectable phase. Did you read the part where I mentioned that we cannot even come close to detecting a planck length? We're orders of magnitude away from it and likely will always be.
You've got nothing, big man.
What we KNOW is that the common man's concept of "nothingness" does not exist. There is no such thing. A total vacuum has particles and waves spontaneously coming into and out of existence.
THAT is an observed FACT !

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#723008 Apr 30, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>So, now you're quote mining and obfuscating. Lying for your religion is still lying.
Ghostiegobnobbler has used a terrible example.

Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
And why does anything have to be testable and falsifiable to be real?
Does your mother love you? Do you accept that she really loves you or do you think it's fake? Love cannot be seen. It is experienced. Love is not subject to space or time.
I bet your mom loves you no matter where you are or what time it is. Right?
<quoted text>

A mother's love is both testable and falsifiable. As is love, in general. I tried to take him seriously, I really did. Whatadumbass.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#723010 Apr 30, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>It's obvious you don't follow the words of the Bible, anyway. You're a gossip, as proven right here in these very pages.
He's also a hypocrite, a liar, a false accuser and is into revenge.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#723011 Apr 30, 2014
Your answer is silly IANS. Tired in Exodus 31:17 doesn't refer here to ...
Shall I continue?
No. The quiz is over. You declined to participate.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#723014 Apr 30, 2014
gor wrote:
<quoted text>
HIM RESURRECTED FROM THE GRAVE
(from the grave)
Jethro Tull!

People -- what have you done --
locked Him in His golden cage.
Made Him bend to your religion --
Him resurrected from the grave.
He is the god of nothing --
if that's all that you can see.
You are the god of everything --
He's inside you and me.
So lean upon Him gently
and don't call on Him to save you
from your social graces
and the sins you used to waive.
The bloody Church of England --
in chains of history --
requests your earthly presence at
the vicarage for tea.
And the graven image you-know-who --
with His plastic crucifix --
he's got him fixed --
confuses me as to who and where and why --
as to how he gets his kicks.
Confessing to the endless sin --
the endless whining sounds.
You'll be praying till next Thursday to
all the gods that you can count.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#723015 Apr 30, 2014
gor wrote:
becoming a child of god--having the living god take up his manifest presence inside a human being, is the most beautiful, the most powerful, the most wonderful, amazing, incredible, fantastic, awesome, mind-blowing, spectacular, glorious experience.
NOTHING ELSE COMPARES
That's what Jerry Sandusky told the kids.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#723016 Apr 30, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
He's also a hypocrite, a liar, a false accuser and is into revenge.
Around here, them there be known as Christians, but they're really Paulines. Republican Jesus. What was that Ghandi said if only Christians would be like their Christ?

Jesus: How you treat the least of these is how you treat me.

Paul: Those who don't work don't eat.

Viva Los Dichotomy

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#723017 Apr 30, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#723018 Apr 30, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghostiegobnobbler has used a terrible example.
<quoted text>
And why does anything have to be testable and falsifiable to be real?
Does your mother love you? Do you accept that she really loves you or do you think it's fake? Love cannot be seen. It is experienced. Love is not subject to space or time.
I bet your mom loves you no matter where you are or what time it is. Right?
<quoted text>
A mother's love is both testable and falsifiable. As is love, in general. I tried to take him seriously, I really did. Whatadumbass.
It is tested and falsified every day around the world.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#723019 Apr 30, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Prayer is a form of Meditation in a way. I can not say if prayer helps or not, it may for some, who am I to say it doesn't. You mean like N.Korea? China? Total control by Dictators where opinion doesn't mean shyt? yeah, I'd say people fear Death for speaking, shyting, fkn, sounds like the perfect place for you and other atheist to go and get a taste of what you want it to be like..Good luck on your journey karl..
Praying for oneself does have positive, tangible benefits to the psyche. Intercessory prayer is demonstrably harmful. The Christian Templeton Foundation teamed with Harvard and found that heart patients who had others pray for them in their presence has worse outcomes than those who did not. The stress of worrying about not getting better while others pa prayed for you is harmful.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#723020 Apr 30, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
What we KNOW is that the common man's concept of "nothingness" does not exist. There is no such thing. A total vacuum has particles and waves spontaneously coming into and out of existence.
THAT is an observed FACT !
How many times do I have to ask the same question? Are you freekin ignorant or what?

Here I'll ask it again. Why should we believe that "in and out of existence" indicates that these things come into existence from nothingness? And then go back to nothingness? How can nothing turn into something and how can something turn into nothing? Impossible, by definition.

Only someone with an elementary school perspective of science would believe such a thing. Tell you what. Go seek out the atheist poster named polymath, maybe you know of him? He is the self proclaimed topix atheist physics guru and he's a hardcore atheist like yourself but he will not deny that something cannot come from nothing.

Location hidden

#723021 Apr 30, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No Sir, it was you who said it.
"You make fun of Christians for believing in magic and here you are doing the same exact thing."
There was no mistake of mine in that statement.
Begging and pleading wont change it either.
As usual, show us all how incapable of comprehension you are.

Yes I said what you quoted. But what in that statement leads you to believe that something can come from nothing? Ben believes something can come from nothing and so I made that statement indicating that he is believing in magic. And then you confound the issue by saying that it's not magic to believe in fluctuation. I never said anything about freekin fluctuation you dolt. I don't disagree with you. F-off if you refuse to acknowledge what's going on. I know you're just confounding the issue on purpose; it's in the atheist playbook. You just don't understand that it isn't worth making yourself look like an idiot just to abide by that one atheist-playbook rule.

Location hidden

#723022 Apr 30, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
"You make fun of Christians for believing in magic and here you are doing the same exact thing."
Eat crow you miserable troll.
Your god polymath will not disagree with me on this. Why in the world would you, little man?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#723023 Apr 30, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Praying for oneself does have positive, tangible benefits to the psyche. Intercessory prayer is demonstrably harmful. The Christian Templeton Foundation teamed with Harvard and found that heart patients who had others pray for them in their presence has worse outcomes than those who did not. The stress of worrying about not getting better while others pa prayed for you is harmful.
The only praying I ever done was to the Porcelain God, does that count?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#723024 Apr 30, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice that when asked "What does the Bible say ?" Christians will respond with their church's opinion rather than what the Bible actually says.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#723026 Apr 30, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Around here, them there be known as Christians, but they're really Paulines. Republican Jesus. What was that Ghandi said if only Christians would be like their Christ?
Jesus: How you treat the least of these is how you treat me.
Paul: Those who don't work don't eat.
Viva Los Dichotomy
Remember that you will get bashed more by Christians for belittling Paul than insulting Jesus.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#723025 Apr 30, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The vacuum state contains electromagnetic waves and particles "that pop into and out of existence".- AIP Physics News Update,1996
Read these:
http://physics.aps.org/story/v2/st28
http://books.google.com/books...
YES. Energy and matter DO come into and existence from nothing. We have seen it many times now and know it is real.
You cannot use that to support a universe created from nothing.

Your "virtual particles" are not real particles....

http://profmattstrassler.com/articles-and-pos...

...and are not creating "new" matter.

According to Big Bang theory there were no particles "at" that highly ordered initial state of being to cause fluctuations. What you are seeing in "virtual particle" motion is the universe's ability to maintain a balance between entropy and neg-entropy. Nice, considering it allows us to continue living.

Get a grip.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#723027 Apr 30, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Praying for oneself does have positive, tangible benefits to the psyche. Intercessory prayer is demonstrably harmful. The Christian Templeton Foundation teamed with Harvard and found that heart patients who had others pray for them in their presence has worse outcomes than those who did not. The stress of worrying about not getting better while others pa prayed for you is harmful.
I appreciated the "prayers" from Christians as much as I do the "well wishes" from non-Christians.
Both have helped me through the last 9 months.

I take it as an "I like you and wish I could help but I can't." The human to human kindess of it means a lot to me.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#723028 Apr 30, 2014
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>How many times do I have to ask the same question? Are you freekin ignorant or what?
Here I'll ask it again. Why should we believe that "in and out of existence" indicates that these things come into existence from nothingness? And then go back to nothingness? How can nothing turn into something and how can something turn into nothing? Impossible, by definition.
Only someone with an elementary school perspective of science would believe such a thing. Tell you what. Go seek out the atheist poster named polymath, maybe you know of him? He is the self proclaimed topix atheist physics guru and he's a hardcore atheist like yourself but he will not deny that something cannot come from nothing.
Your use of the word "nothingness" is meaningless. There is no such thing.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#723029 Apr 30, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> The only praying I ever done was to the Porcelain God, does that count?
Only if you fulfilled the ludicrous promises you made to "God" at the time. LOL

BTDT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Robert F 670,531
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Farting Hillary 101,153
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min onemale 286,470
secret weapon contributing to global chaos...pa... 25 min modell299 6
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 46 min Sky Writer 31 184,309
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Shiralee 445,671
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 5 hr Blackwomenrule 89
More from around the web