Prove there's a god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#722037 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not what he said. Holy shit, it was just yesterday you already forgotten....
thewordofme wrote:
Some militant Muslims feel that its their duty to kill non-Muslims (like Americans, Spaniards, Italians, Africans, filipinos, Malaysians, British, etc., etc.), and they actually keep doing it.
Gee, I wonder how I should feel about them?
What should we do with rabid humans?
RiversideRedneck wrote :
Put them down like a rabid dog.
---
Did he say "defective humans"? No. He asked about militant Muslims that feel they have a duty to kill non-Muslims.
As usual, you're wrong.
The question you answered was, "What should we do with rabid humans?"

RiversideRedneck wrote :
Put them down like a rabid dog

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#722038 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the atheist 'Four Horsemen', Sam Harris, wrote:
“Some beliefs are so dangerous that it may be ethical to kill people for believing them”
Given the power, he probably would. And I believe many militant atheists like the ones you see here would follow suit.
You know it! Brainwashing, or "de-conversion" just isn't as satisfying OR as permanent as it once was. Now, Harris dreams of "disabusing" people of even the ability to know or understand what the word "religion" means, i.e., "you can't miss what you never had". It would be the worst kind of revisionist history, akin to Orwell's 1984. Wipe the word from books AND the mind, wipe the concept away from all of mankind's literature, wipe true autonomy from the mind, wipe god from the universe. Harris' ego would nearly burst with pride what with being the new Son of man. Without autonomy we are less than human, less than wild pigs. Would we also begrudge the tiger its stripes? The mayfly its wings?

Fennario

#722039 Apr 27, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
She read into it according to her bias against you. She's very good at twisting words.
Don't weep for Riverside Redneck. He likes to smear others by pulling a soundbite out of context and dangling it repeatedly as his complete argument for what horrible people they are. It is mete that he be subjected to the same process.

Location hidden

#722040 Apr 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to tell us.
Oh, you just did.
Try not to procreate, K?
Think...abortion is your friend, sir.
It's called speciation...

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciation" ;

...you flaming tardwad. Inbreeding HAS to happen in every new species, in the beginning.

Location hidden

#722041 Apr 27, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot one:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Put them down like a rabid dog.
You won't find barbaric ideas like that in humanism's rational ethics. They're simply more evolved.
I've read the works of several humanists and, so far, they've all ended up showing a tendency to use "termination" as a means to an end.

Location hidden

#722042 Apr 27, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Some militant Muslims feel that its their duty to kill non-Muslims (like Americans, Spaniards, Italians, Africans, filipinos, Malaysians, British, etc., etc.), and they actually keep doing it.
Gee, I wonder how I should feel about them?
What should we do with rabid humans?
People who kill babies just because they are an inconvenience are no better than the jihad Muslims. Murder is still murder regardless of the motive.

Fennario

#722043 Apr 27, 2014
[2] What were Jesus' very last words on the cross?
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayings_of_Jesus...
The seven sayings form part of a Christian meditation that is often used during Lent, Holy Week and Good Friday. The traditional order of the sayings is:[15]
Luke 23:34: Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.
Luke 23:43: Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.
John 19:26–27: Woman, behold your son. Behold your mother.
Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34 My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?
John 19:28: I thirst.
John 19:29-30: It is finished.
Luke 23:46: Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.
Traditionally, these seven sayings are called words of 1. Forgiveness, 2. Salvation, 3. Relationship, 4. Abandonment, 5. Distress, 6. Triumph and 7. Reunion.[16]
As can be seen from the above list, not all seven sayings can be found in any one account of Jesus' crucifixion. The ordering is a harmonisation of the texts from each of the four canonical gospels. In the gospels of Matthew and Mark, Jesus is quoted in Aramaic, shouting the fourth phrase only, and cries out wordlessly before dying. In Luke's Gospel, the first, second, and seventh sayings occur. The third, fifth and sixth sayings can only be found in John's Gospel. In other words:
In Matthew and Mark :
My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?
In Luke:
Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do
Truly, I say to you today, you will be with me in paradise (in response to one of the two thieves crucified next to him)
Father, into your hands I commit my spirit (last words)
In John:
Woman, behold your son: behold your mother (directed at Mary, the mother of Jesus, either as a self-reference, or as a reference to the beloved disciple and an instruction to the disciple himself)
I thirst (just before a wetted sponge, mentioned by all the Canonical Gospels, is offered)
It is finished (last words)
You gave me a little more than just the very last words, but I won't quibble over that. As far as I know, only two of those are indicated as the very last words Jesus spoke..But you included them, and I won't dock for including too much - just incomplete answers -so, your answer is correct.

Will I find answers to the other 11 questions ahead?

Location hidden

#722044 Apr 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the common usage by Christians and Muslims. However, Jews consider all non-Jews as pagans, or in their language, gentiles.
Goyim is what we are called in the Torah.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goy" ;

Fennario

#722045 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Another Topix Atheist! ain't read the DaVinci Code? I thought y'all was s'posed to be all smart and shit.
I haven't read it neither, nor will I. It might be entertaining for some, but I can't imagine it having any other value. I'd rather read this thread. It's more than entertaining. It's instructive.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Well a lot of people have read the DaVinci Code, if anyone of you self-professed intelligent atheists actually read books that were not written by militant atheist "leaders", you would've understand GW's remark about the 5 million burned and how it's popular and how it pertains to the discussion we have here of the so-called which burnings. But alas, y'all choose to remain ignorant...
This is bizarre.

You seem disappointed that I haven't read the book or claimed anything about 5 million witch burnings. In fact, you challenge the intelligence of atheists that haven't read the book, and indicate that not doing so is to remain ignorant. And why? So that you can mock and criticize that atheist for citing the 5 million figure in it.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#722046 Apr 27, 2014
nanogonadanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>People who kill babies just because they are an inconvenience are no better than the jihad Muslims. Murder is still murder regardless of the motive.
You might want to tell riversidebucktard, he thinks(?) it's "necessary" to murder innocent children with drones.

So, every woman who terminates her pregnancy, does it because it's inconvenient?

Location hidden

#722047 Apr 27, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, so you've named ONE militant atheist and now are going to judge all atheists based on his words....
can we do that with christians
Scott Roeder.
Tmothy McVeigh
Michael Frederick Griffin
Rev. Paul Jennings Hill
John Salvi
James Kopp
not to mention allthe attempted murders, bombings, attacks, etc.
While Harris has talked, it seems you Christians act.
"Conspiracy to commit murder" is still a crime, loon. It's obviously on his mind a lot.

Many of the militants here have quoted him and the other three Horsemen, vigorously, routinely and with great approval, which makes them partners in crime. Fundamentalists would call them Agents of Satan. Don't count on them to be submissive to any of the Horsemen's' minions.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#722048 Apr 27, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It's called speciation...
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciation" ;
...you flaming tardwad. Inbreeding HAS to happen in every new species, in the beginning.
Keep telling that to your offspring, sir.

Ewwwwww.

I can't take that picture back, can I?

Ewwwwww.

Have a nice day, sir.

;-)

Fennario

#722049 Apr 27, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You did not come up with any of this which means you are copy/pasting again. Cite your source.
http://www.cs.umd.edu/~mvz/bible/bible-incons...
Dude. You just copied and pasted your entire answer to me http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... from the Wiki article cited in that post.

I chose the questions after consulting a variety of sites. The answers to those questions originate from one souce and one source only: the Christian bible.

Were you planning to answer any of the other eleven question, or shall we take this diversion as an indication that you're through?

I expect Ghost Writer to try his hand at that quiz as well, and to get more than one question right when he does, but until he does, your score of 1 out of 12 is the high score. Congratulations.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#722050 Apr 27, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I've read the works of several humanists and, so far, they've all ended up showing a tendency to use "termination" as a means to an end.
You didn't take the hint, sir?

UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#722051 Apr 27, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"Conspiracy to commit murder" is still a crime, loon. It's obviously on his mind a lot.
Many of the militants here have quoted him and the other three Horsemen, vigorously, routinely and with great approval, which makes them partners in crime. Fundamentalists would call them Agents of Satan. Don't count on them to be submissive to any of the Horsemen's' minions.
Did you know part of the US military had gone Xtain Fundamentalist , do you sister, do you?

FYI ! Learn about you evils ugly Militant history, do you feel embarrass that i call you out?

Here it is , just for you ignorants,... let me educated about your glorious past, you closet is filled with .... EeeeeeeWWwww! ABhahahahaaa

Learn this!:)-- Hope i made you day sister Nana NAnoanaly freak of nature your god of war - Satan = Xtain religious Fanantical creatures from hell.-!

Bahahahaaaaa Ex-pres jimmy Carter Speak of US as the Satan!author/source
Former president Jimmy Carter:
Freeing the World to Death, William Blum

Jimmy Carter:

'
We sent Marines into Lebanon and you only have to go to Lebanon, to Syria or to Jordan to witness first-hand the intense hatred among many people for the United States because we bombed and shelled and unmercifully killed totally innocent villagers-women and children and farmers and housewives-in those villages around Beirut .... As a result of that ...we became kind of a Satan in the minds of those who are deeply resentful. That is what precipitated the taking of our hostages and that is what has precipitated some of the terrorist attacks.'

Fennario

#722052 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Both. Ephesians 2, James 2.
2. "It is finished."
3. Yes, but only through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.
4. Yes.
5. Yes.
6. No.
7. He told them that they would see the Son of Man at the right hand of God.
8. Per Pontius Pilate, "This is Jesus the King of the Jews."
9. Mountain.
10. 2. If there is two blind man, then there certainly is one...
11. Yes.
12. He "resides" everywhere.
I know that these are baited questions, and I know that you're going to fire back with all kinds of so-called contradictions.
Bring it on.
I already discussed lightbeamrider's answer to quiz question number [2], "What were Jesus' very last words on the cross?" I won't do that again until everybody that wants to try has answered, at which time I will provide all of the answers and the scores.

The questions are not baited. The answers come directly out of the bible unaccompanied and unmodified by tortured apologetics.

Fennario

#722053 Apr 27, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
IANS is nothing but a mouthpiece for some other site. A copy/paste dickhead.
LOL. You're not very insightful to post something like that after copying and pasting your only answer.

I represent myself and no website.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#722054 Apr 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't take the hint, sir?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =K_EsxukdNXMXX
I always though NAno is female poster, a Missy? i could be wrong?

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#722055 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was I talking about, Lucy? I was talking about radical terrorist Muslims, that's quite different than you atheists wanting to kill your everyday Christian.
\

I'm glad you acknowledge that at least, RR.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#722056 Apr 27, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't speak to my wife that way, she said hush. Tard.
It will happen here one day. I'm not holding my breath, of course.

Maybe after Tony Abscess is out of office.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Aura Mytha 63,258
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min crucifiedguy 281,818
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min JesusWasNOTaJew G... 653,603
life 4 min Rob Juanought 5
UNICORNS In the Bible 6 min Rob Juanought 7
Screw God 9 min Rob Juanought 2
96 impala ss alarm 13 min Rob Juanought 2
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Lbj 106,465
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Steve III 618,740
More from around the web