Prove there's a god.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#721990 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Very good.

Why do you think I would care about Cliven Bundy? You think that because he wears a cowboy hat and waves an American flag he's "real 'Merican"?
You really don't get sarcasm, do you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#721991 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely. There are very few who doubt that.
And his supporters were planning to hide behind women.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#721992 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>What would make them cherish life more?

No, I've told you several times that I don't believe in another life, I believe in an afterlife.

"Another life"
"Afterlife"

Different.
Really?

How?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#721993 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know you could tell the future. The Bible would describe you as a sorcerer. Are you?
The bible is a stupid book.

Lots of people can see trends and where they will lead in the future.

Your brand of belief is rapidly becoming recognized for the ludicrous claptrap that it is. I see more and more of it every day. There is no reason to believe that this trend will reverse itself, barring the actual return of Jesus, or the rapture actually occurring, neither of which are going to happen.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#721994 Apr 27, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered your question.
Who says Eve was the only woman in existence? Why are you ASSuming that?
Cain was banished. His wife went with him into banishment. This means she wasn't very far away after all now was she?
Your reading comprehension skills suck.
The problem isn't about how the account is written, but how you're reading it and your dismal understanding of early writing styles and ancient cultures.
I think the real problem is that the story is said to have been passed - communicated or dictated - to the mythic Moses! by your mythic deity.

You've already said that the story is framed within ancient Hebraic cultural terms.

So, are you saying that your deity communicated the story - with the apparent disdain for women/females included - during that "one on one" with the Moses! and he(The Yahweh!, EL! etc...) really respects women, but in the case of the bible, they're seen as being "less than" the males within the patriarchal society as you've already pointed out, too.

Because that was the message the mythic deity wanted the Moses! to communicate to the rest of humanity, in the "plan", that the deity knew was going to happen.

Does that sum it up?

Care to explain what it really means?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#721995 Apr 27, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>When does nano ever appear to be happy?
It must be against her religion or something?
<quoted text>
With you, it's all about the hate. It's the only thing that keeps you warm at night.
Says the "almost" person who keeps telling people to go kill themselves.

Hypocrite.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#721996 Apr 27, 2014
<quoted text>
The Red Army Faction "RAF" in Western Europe was just such a group in the 1960s, 70s and 80s. Formerly known as the Baader-Meinhof Gang. Heavily influenced by Marxism. It was Marx who said "religion is the opium of the masses."
It actually goes like this.

Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions.
It is the opium of the people.- Karl Marx

Location hidden

#721998 Apr 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex happens with lesbians and gays just as it does with everybody else.
It starts with a look or a touch or even just a scent. Two or more people that want to orgasm :)
Btw, you became a human when you successfully navigated the birth canal.
Before that, you were a cell.
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
You are a loon. The egg itself is more than just one, human cell. You are never NOT human.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#722000 Apr 27, 2014
<quoted text>
Well since Cain's wife is mentioned then it should be obvious that Eve wasn't the only woman in existence right?
<quoted text>
Um, my guess would be any human being with female genitalia. And you call yourself a doctor? You're a stucking fupid one.
<quoted text>
I don't know what their names might've been. Who cares? Female births were NOT commonly written about due to their low status in ancient Hebrew culture.
<quoted text>
Sure I can.
‘And the days of Adam after he had fathered Seth were eight hundred years. And he fathered sons and daughters.’-Genesis 5:4
Josephus writes about this tradition:
“The number of Adam’s children, as says the old tradition, was thirty-three sons and twenty-three daughters.”
F. Josephus, The Complete Works of Josephus, translated by W. Whiston, Kregel Publications, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 1981
Because of the number of children they had, it's not impossible to consider that Cain's wife could have been a niece or sister.
If read allegorically, there could've been other civilizations and she could've came from there.
Either way it doesn't really matter.
You're going to lose this fight with me no matter what you try to do.
Either Adam really lived that long and had that many children, or;
The story is a poetic allegory and Cain's wife came from some nearby culture.
None of which nullifies that God exists.
Thanks for playing.
Next victim.
I wonder which _.·:*¨`*deity*¨`*:·._ "created" the other culture~/?

Location hidden

#722001 Apr 27, 2014
karl44 wrote:
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I've ignored him for years because of what kind of person he is, but decided to rile him to prove how nasty he gets. Notice the pack tightens the circle when IANS gets testy? He's one of the capos here on Topix, He keeps the minions focused on specific people and topics, wears down the opposition with large numbers of replies and expects an answer to all of them. They know nobody has the time to answer every comment but crow triumph when a target poster tires of the constant crap. They are cowardly chickenshyt stalkers and bullies.
<quoted text>
It has been abundantly clear that the poster "nanoanomaly" is not sane
besides insanity, it is a hate machine.
Shaddup drone.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#722002 Apr 27, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
He forgot about hysterectomy and orchiectomy. Apart from those, he's correct. Abortion prevents a live birth even better than abstinence. Ask Jesus' mother.
Certainly.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#722003 Apr 27, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your short fuse would cause you to blow up very quickly.
You almost went berserk at my joke about escaping, remember?
Then you had a meltdown and disappeared.
Oh, the good old days, soldier.
Short fuse? I stay very calm. You must have me confused with someone else.:)

Location hidden

#722004 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand these people, nano.
No?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#722005 Apr 27, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your short fuse would cause you to blow up very quickly.
You almost went berserk at my joke about escaping, remember?
Then you had a meltdown and disappeared.
Oh, the good old days, soldier.
In order to be a good witness you have to be extremely focused and observant. For example:

Prosecutor: "Will you state you name for the record?"

River: "River Tam. I watched you shake hands with that man over there who has obvious flu like symptoms. Then I watched you put your finger on your tongue while looking through papers. Are you aware of how viruses are transmitted?"

Prosecutor: "Your honor?"

Judge: "You are here to answer questions, River. Stop with the commentary."

River: "Yes ma'am. May I get a mask?"

Jury: "giggles."

I always know my audience.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#722006 Apr 27, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
Wow. This thread has become very boring.
So! Something cool.
Pseudohaje goldii - Gold's Tree Cobra.
Not a true cobra, this awesome snake belongs to the genus pseudohaje (literally, "false cobra"). Looks very much like a cobra, with a similar defensive display. Mostly aboreal, this species lives in Central Africa. It is a relatively large species, with the record sized specimen measured at 2.73m. This would put it amongst the 10 longest venomous snakes on earth.
So why is this animal so cool? I mean, Africa has loads of deadly animals, what is one more? Well... Only one specimen have ever been milked, by the SAIMR here in South Africa. Too little data was obtained to publish an in-depth toxicity study, but initial studies indicate that Gold's Tree Cobra may very well be the second-most venomous snake in all of Africa, second only to the Black Mamba. What's more, the venom has been found to be rapidly fatal - very much like a Black Mamba and Coastal Taipan. As for the snake itself, it is extremely aggressive and will make a determined effort to bite when threatened.
This may be the most badass animal you have never heard of.
Quite a cute looking snake, for all that. It must be reticent tho, to be discovered in 1895, yet so few specimens have been found.
http://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/Pseudohaje_go...

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#722007 Apr 27, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>River Tam wrote:
Miracle?
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/new-saints/p...

The catapult Jesus!

<Christians> "... OKAY!... You heathens either let the Jesus! into your life or we're gonna sling him at you from far away...."
Lmao!!

Cheesus! Is there any way a christian can't kill people?

Hi, scar ;-D

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#722008 Apr 27, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>I don't take people(or authors) too seriously, who, had they been taught differently from birth would be thanking The Cat In The Hat for the food they are about to eat.
He doesn't seem to have read it either but I have. It's fiction.

Meanwhile, try to avoid open sewers scar or Pennywise might get you!

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#722009 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Dropped out, got my HSD later when applying for the Army.
Where's the lie?
<quoted text>
No. I defended the attacks on me where people like you were calling me a wife beater and a child abuser, which are outright lies.
<quoted text>
Uh-huh..... So where's my lie, except yours of course?
<quoted text>
See, Ben? She got specific. Albeit wrong, but still specific.
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
"Applying" for the army?
What about actually "enlisting" in the army? Stopped at the application process?
Huh oh...

It's an AraR word jumble.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#722010 Apr 27, 2014
<quoted text>I love how she pretends to be a witch!! That's the beauty of our democracy!!

Freedom of speech and all is wonderful.

I love how she displays her freedom of imagination,
freedom to claim metaphor for her religion while denying that others have the right to claim metaphor for theirs.

Wow it's all so <sniffle> beautiful <sniffle> man! I'm so proud <sniffle> to share opinions <sniffle> with her!!

Got a tissue over there bud? I gotta stop being so emotional ya know.:)
Yeah it's beautiful, plus you get to pretend you're a historian.

Gotta love freedom.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#722011 Apr 27, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You are a loon. The egg itself is more than just one, human cell. You are never NOT human.
You contradict yourself, sir.

Thanks for playing.

:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr Liam 637,902
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 hr Thinking 29,733
Leslie Van Houten's parole hearing August 2009 (Jul '09) 6 hr ted 1,573
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 hr An NFL Fan 38,028
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Memorial Day Sock 617,961
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr X Pendable 181,939
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 7 hr Johnny 4,772
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 hr Not religious 43,895
More from around the web