Prove there's a god.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#722067 Apr 28, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Lots of practicing in front of a mirror.
Ewwwww, sir.

UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#722069 Apr 28, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. You're wrong.
But Butt if you look at her Screen/pictures and bio, her writings... I do think its a female poster. i have to agree disagree with you! Else we can give it, nanoanamly a gender 'She-male " if we are to communicate?

Bahahhaaaaaa

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#722070 Apr 28, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Ewwwww, sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =W-ac87-6n3IXX
Lol.

http://youtu.be/a7ArSfCTvMA

United States

#722071 Apr 28, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you should have picked up on that point when I said "Christianity is no different than Islam, just mellowed by it being centuries older.".
I forget I have to be painfully detailed when interacting with you, else you go off on some tangent.
<quoted text>
Maybe you need some recent examples.
Christian Terrorism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terror...
Riverside and his ignorants should know mAD MAN-MADE Religions are pain in the butt for mankind , history teller of all events; recorded IN HISTORY. what THESE religions are doing to the human race- its many Ugly wars waged among various religions andeven among its sects..... saying my religion is better than yours, this will alway lead to many wars They, this bunch of religious nutty kow towers need to wake up ,as it causing all this dissensions, division, wars... at home and aboard !! PAradoxically Ironic! They so brainwashed they can't even see the light! ABhahahaaaaa ..Really SAD bunch of Warring religious fruitcakes!

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#722072 Apr 28, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's allegorical.
Adam was a homophobe so Teh God tricked him. Either that or Teh God had a spare X chromosome in his pocket. Since those chromosomes are carried in semen, that sounds kinda icky.
R U saying that Eve was a drag queen?
:-)

United States

#722073 Apr 28, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I though she a Nymphomanic?

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#722074 Apr 28, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh he's already started to make word salad out of his posts on the necessity of killing innocent children.
Oh, they've already been born so it doesn't matter.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#722075 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Give me an example of the US Army murdering innocent children and I'll respond to that.
If you just want to pretend a hypothetical situation, I know you won't understand, so I won't even bother.
<quoted text>
Yes, yes, yes. But..... Give me an example of the US Army murdering innocent children.
My Lai.

Oh, and then there's this video. The actual massacre is in the YouTube link underneath.

Remember how you wanted to put my countryman in Guantanamo Bay for exposing this?

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#722076 Apr 28, 2014
Here's the actual video, Collateral Murder:

Location hidden

#722077 Apr 28, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, they've already been born so it doesn't matter.
That's it hey.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#722078 Apr 28, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ruin my fun why don't ya. Lol. Hey Rosa :-)
Gday matey!

Location hidden

#722079 Apr 28, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>My Lai.

Oh, and then there's this video. The actual massacre is in the YouTube link underneath.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =saSVZTveRbsXX

Remember how you wanted to put my countryman in Guantanamo Bay for exposing this?
Yeah he spouted some rubbish about our armed forces but the fact is, if we weren't allies, we'd still be under the radar.

If we get bombed by some poor massacred country, I'll blame America.

Of course he conveniently forgets that our Soldiers have helped his countrymen in a few wars.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#722080 Apr 28, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
And there you go again with your hasty judgments of my motives and character. Will you never learn? You're a stupid man. RR. You should try to learn that fact and try to incorporate it into your replies.Try to understand that you are very likely to be incorrect with gratuitous judgments like these, and guaranteed to perpetuate an undesirable situation. Here's a fact: I am never never dishonest, and always post in good faith. I have no need or reason to do otherwise. Furthermore, I have little tolerance for being judged harshly by trash. I would not refer to you in this way if you didn't take the liberty of doing the same first. But you have, and for that reason, I have no reason to censor myself in this area. How would you like to proceed? Do you have any say at all in how you post?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I say I post the same way I talk, with harsh truth and brutal honesty.
Maybe you should think about that. With regard to our problem. I am willing to hear what you think about my ideas. I don't care what you think about me.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
When I say something like; "My wife asked me if the dress made her look fat and I said no, it's not the dress..." I get shit from people that I'm being a misogynist when in fact I'm just being brutally honest. You don't know how many times I've looked at a person dead in the eye and said; "the truth hurts, don't it?".
And are you content with the result? If so, there is no reason to change. If not, well, I just gave you a definition of intelligence. You might want to think about it and try to apply it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I really don't like how you have persecuted (in your mind) all Christians because of the acts of few.
Your judgment is incorrect. I persecute nobody, and my comments are almost all directed at abstractions like faith, the contents of the bible, the god described therein, the church, its dogma, its methods, and the effects these have on people.

I consider most Christians victims of the church, not perps, and when I turn against one - like you - it is not for being Christian.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I do NOT want to continue berating or bashing you, as I've told you before, I hate it. It disgusts me.
Who decides what you will do? Are you involved in that decision at all?

Fennario

#722081 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I get very irritated by some of the comments made here ...
Most or all of us do. How you respond to that is the matter at hand.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
... that people like you, that claim to be all about peace and humanity, do not attack. Like Ben's "kill the Fundies" comment. NO ATHEIST ON THIS THREAD told Ben that he was being harsh, they all seemed to quietly applaud his "courage" for posting something like that. THAT makes me sick, THAT pisses me off and THAT makes me feel like retaliating and defending that which I believe in.
As I said, if that strategy is working for you, then you have no need to change it. If it's not - and it seems to me that it isn't - you need to adapt to produce different outcomes. Consider Einstein's definition of insanity.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You may think I'm stupid, but that doesn't make you right nor does that make you smart. I've held my own here for nearly two years with all you atheists pounding my ass all at the same time.
You have not held your own.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Here I am. Here I stand. Holding my own and holding my ground. It's not my fault that there's so many brick-headed atheists out there that can't understand simple things like what we've been trying to explain about Cain's wife. They don't want an answer, they just want to argue.
You sound like a man hunkering down with his failed strategy.

Fennario

#722082 Apr 28, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
So you're admitting to anti-Christian bigotry.
No I am not. Bigotry is irrational hatred directed at people

My target is an abstraction - an institution and its culture - and it is rational.
It's the basis for your opinion. The people who first claimed it was Christians are the ones who made the claim. The duty is yours to prove it and you can't do it so now you want to reverse the burden of proof. Bullsh!t. So YOU prove it is Christians or YOU move on.
There is no burden of proof with an opinion, especially if one is not trying to change minds.

Do you not believe that Christians are torturing and killing people for being witches in Africa? If so, why? There are multiple reports of it.
How do you like me NOW?:)
That's irrelevant.

Fennario

#722083 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
@IANS
See? This is exactly what I mean about the dishonesty of the Topix Atheist!
I told my story of the ONE TIME I hit my ex-wife, how it was self-defense, how I wish I could've handled it a different way, etc. Now this asshole atheist says I have "no problem" with it and I "lied" about it. How am I supposed to view you atheists after this shit? Am I doing to atheists exactly what I say you do to Christians, blaming all for the acts of few?.
I caught this when somebody else replied to it. If you want me to read a post, it needs to contain the string " ain" including the space to be assured that I see it. There is too much traffic on this thread for me to read every post. There are 19 pages of posts ahead of where I am now.

I use the search/find function on my browser to be certain not to miss any replies written to me. If you aren't replying to one of my posts, and if you refer to me as IANS, I probably wont see it.

Regarding your comment, you need to do what works best for you. You're quite steeped in flame wars now. If that's not what you want, you need to work to minimize your part in that. and try to convince others to interact with you in a different way.

I have doubts about your ability to do that. You don't seem to understand the difference between criticizing ideas and attacking their sources. You don't seem to know when you are doing the latter. You seem to take criticisms of the church personally, and retaliate with personal attacks, even with people not present like Sam Harris.

Good luck.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#722084 Apr 28, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.
http://youtu.be/a7ArSfCTvMA
One of my posts was erased, I'm sure.

Sometimes I say things that are...how would RR say it?

Brutal

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#722085 Apr 28, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Divinity Surgeon and I are going to have girl sex.

Like Adam and Eve did but without the God watching.

Fennario

#722086 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Do you have family members or personal friends that are religious? Do you have any that you hate or dislike? If so, why? Is it because of their faith because of something else? I have a family member that I hate, haven't spoken to him in about eight years or so. It has absolutely nothing to do with his religion, just his actions.
I have no family members that I hate. My wife's family has about a half dozen religious Christians in it. We never discuss the issue.

I have several religious friends, and we seldom discuss religion.

It's a mistake to discuss religion with family, friends,coworkers, and anybody else that you have to get along with. There is no critical opinion about religion that I could express without a strong likelihood of it damaging the relationship. And calling myself an atheist is like putting a sign on saying "I am decadent and cannot be trusted." That is how such people typically are taught to view people like me.

It is for these reasons that I really never knew much about what Christians were like as Christians since I left the church until I came to Topix. I was already a critic of the church before that, mostly because of people like Falwell, Robertson, Bush, Santorum and Palin. I understood the damage that such people do to a nation and resented it.

But it was here on Topix that I came to see what damage the church does to its own, and came to really despise it. I don't hate you people - the rank and file. I resent your church and the horrible ideas it puts into your heads. I resent its atheophobia, hompphobia, psychological terrorism, misogyny, antscientism, tribalism, anhedonism, misanthropy, guilting, blaming, avenging, condemning, infantilizing, and dividing.

Most of you have absorbed these values and messages, and serve as vectors for them. Everybody is worse off for all of it except the priests and the religious political demogogues.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#722087 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Uh-huh....

The terrorists that attacked us on 9/11 worked alone, right? There was no one else involved. They did it all by themselves. They paid the "ultimate price" and they can't do it again. There's no other terrorists that we should bother wasting our time going after to try to protect innocent civilians.

Let me take a wild guess, you're a liberal.

No, no, no. That's too easy. You're a hard-core left-wing diehard liberal, aren't you? I mean shit, you don't even want to try to stop terrorism. What the hell is wrong with you?!
Since all but one of the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia, why do you suppose that we didn't attack there?

I mean, they've got children to bomb, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min old_moose 15,684
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min PadMark 683,630
gay guys for fun on skype (Jan '13) 1 hr Dave Matthews 4
USA Today, says Jehovah's Witnesses is the fast... (Feb '08) 1 hr BORN AGAIN PAST JW 63
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 1 hr REBUKING EVIL 19
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 (Dec '16) 2 hr andet1987 85
food lion employee abuse 3 hr panther81 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr harsh rebukes evi... 619,688
More from around the web