Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#721651 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Interesting.

How would you go about removing all Abrahamic religions from the world? How would you implement that?

Also, do you agree with the atheist groups like the Soviet Union's League of Militant Atheists, the People's Republic of Albania, the RAF or the Khmer Rouge? They tried exactly what you are recommending.
Aerobatty wrote:
Proper education is all it would take.
People would leave religion eagerly.
2 questions asked.

0 answered.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#721652 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Oh, you forgot the latest one from Ben: BenAdam wrote: Abortion is the most effective form of birth control
He forgot about hysterectomy and orchiectomy. Apart from those, he's correct. Abortion prevents a live birth even better than abstinence. Ask Jesus' mother.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#721653 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a lie, an error.
Couple the use of Siri with the fact that I'm already a fast poster and you can figure it out.
No. Siri may "make mistakes" (their/there, your, you're) but Sir doesn't provide the meat of the statement.

So, not an error, an intentional manipulation of the fact and an intentional stretching the truth of what you meant - "you will be seeing less and less of me" can, in no stretch of the imagination (even yours) be taken to mean "I will increase my posting because I can do it faster talking to Siri".

This is why so many people despise you. Abject dishonesty about anything.

Fennario

#721654 Apr 27, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
RiversideRedneck (the "good christian") wrote:
Put them down like rabid dogs.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Who was I talking about, Lucy? I was talking about radical terrorist Muslims
So was Harris.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#721655 Apr 27, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
It gives an account as to how many children Adam and Eve had before Cain was banished.
Cain and Abel.
Two sons, no daughters mentioned at all.
Then there was one. Cain.
Then Cain was banished.
Then Eve had Seth.
Then Adam fathered other sons and daughters.
How thick are you?

Daughters births just weren't worth recording back then.

We're talking about an ancient patriarchal culture here.

What about that is so hard to understand?

Males births were recorded because inheritance of a family's wealth was passed on through the son. It was often viewed as a curse if a man were to have only daughters. This doesn't mean Cain's wife just popped out of thin air. She was a female who couldn't inherit anything. Males inherited everything. This was the mindset of the author. Her birth or lineage wasn't worth recording, especially with regard to the purpose of the story. This is why I keep telling you that you're reading it all wrong. You're culturally ignorant. All of you.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#721656 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a lie, an error. I thought she wrote 1,000,000.
Oh, c'mon, you abject liar. Your pedancy is so remarkable that you will find a single punctuation or spelling error, and change the whole subject to revolve around that.

You know you changed 100,000 to 1,000,000.

And we know your only way to deal with the truth - no matter how picayune - is to lie yet again.

Fennario

#721657 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Right. Roughly 30,000 children, still in the womb, get killed every year.
We aren't persuade by your maudlin sentimentalism, nor by your sham Christian ethics..

Move on.

Fennario

#721658 Apr 27, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Look, Redneck. Spew all the crap you want. But please, do us one big favor. Don't you be talking about deceitfulness and dishonesty. For the love of Christ.
LOL. Thanks, but I think I already took out the trash

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#721659 Apr 27, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
Victimization?
No. We don't want you to be cultural victims.
You're already cultural victims.
When I say next victim it's trash talk.
Don't take yourself so seriously.
We nonbelievers aren't the victims.

The victims are the children who are brainwashed by your cultish beliefs in hell, sin, eternal damnation and the rest of your poison.

And of course your rants are trash talk.

That's the nature of your organization.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#721660 Apr 27, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
And there you go again with your hasty judgments of my motives and character. Will you never learn?
You're a stupid man. RR. You should try to learn that fact and try to incorporate it into your replies.Try to understand that you are very likely to be incorrect with gratuitous judgments like these, and guaranteed to perpetuate an undesirable situation.
Here's a fact: I am never never dishonest, and always post in good faith. I have no need or reason to do otherwise. Furthermore, I have little tolerance for being judged harshly by trash.
I would not refer to you in this way if you didn't take the liberty of doing the same first. But you have, and for that reason, I have no reason to censor myself in this area.
How would you like to proceed? Do you have any say at all in how you post?
I say I post the same way I talk, with harsh truth and brutal honesty. When I say something like; "My wife asked me if the dress made her look fat and I said no, it's not the dress..." I get shit from people that I'm being a misogynist when in fact I'm just being brutally honest. You don't know how many times I've looked at a person dead in the eye and said; "the truth hurts, don't it?".

I really don't like how you have persecuted (in your mind) all Christians because of the acts of few. I firmly believe that's exactly what you do and there's no telling me that it's the right thing to do. It's no more right to judge us like that than it is to say that all blacks are criminals, or all gays or feminine, or all Asians are math wizards, or all lesbians drive trucks, or all atheists want to kill religion and religious people. It's an evil form of stereotyping that causes a person to think irrationally and not make good judgements.

I, also, am not dishonest and I post in good faith. My words get constantly twisted and skewed on this thread and that's only because people judge harshly against those they disagree with. I've been nothing but honest about various stories of my life and these people here take it and twist it into something it's not; "wife beater", "baby beater", "child abuser, or even your comment of "convicted felon". That was either a lie or an error on your part, which is it?

I do NOT want to continue berating or bashing you, as I've told you before, I hate it. It disgusts me. I get very irritated by some of the comments made here that people like you, that claim to be all about peace and humanity, do not attack. Like Ben's "kill the Fundies" comment. NO ATHEIST ON THIS THREAD told Ben that he was being harsh, they all seemed to quietly applaud his "courage" for posting something like that. THAT makes me sick, THAT pisses me off and THAT makes me feel like retaliating and defending that which I believe in.

You may think I'm stupid, but that doesn't make you right nor does that make you smart. I've held my own here for nearly two years with all you atheists pounding my ass all at the same time.

Here I am. Here I stand. Holding my own and holding my ground. It's not my fault that there's so many brick-headed atheists out there that can't understand simple things like what we've been trying to explain about Cain's wife. They don't want an answer, they just want to argue.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#721662 Apr 27, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Says the guy who has no problem hitting his own wife.
Then lying about it.
@IANS

See? This is exactly what I mean about the dishonesty of the Topix Atheist!

I told my story of the ONE TIME I hit my ex-wife, how it was self-defense, how I wish I could've handled it a different way, etc. Now this asshole atheist says I have "no problem" with it and I "lied" about it.

How am I supposed to view you atheists after this shit?

Am I doing to atheists exactly what I say you do to Christians, blaming all for the acts of few?

Fennario

#721663 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Would you like to show proof that the people beating and burning other people in that video were Christians or you just wanna continue trolling?
We don't need your assent. They're overwhelmingly likely to be Christians.If you disagree, prove they aren't, or move on

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#721664 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Adam and Eve had to have other sons and daughters before the mentioning of Seth. Adam was 130 years old when Seth was born, you think him and Eve only had sex twice?

You're thinking too literally and you're pissed off that Genesis doesn't list all of Adam and Eve's children.

How old was Cain when he killed Abel? How old was he when God banished him? How old was Abel when he was murdered?

Genesis is very clear that Abel was Adam and Eve's second son, it does not say that he is their second child. It is very possible that they had Cain, and several other sons and daughters, and then they had Abel.

Second son, not second child. Does this make any sense to you or will you continue your ignorant spewing of Genesis?
Aerobatty wrote:
Please, continue YOUR ignorant spewing of genesis.
It's freaking hilarious!
What part of that post what ignorant? Please, be specific. I'd like to know where I went wrong and I'll correct it.

Go.
gort

Hungary

#721665 Apr 27, 2014
kapusta wrote:
<quoted text>
Experimenting making sweet-pickled relish.
why wouldn't god exist?

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#721666 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I say I post the same way I talk, with harsh truth and brutal honesty. When I say something like; "My wife asked me if the dress made her look fat and I said no, it's not the dress..." I get shit from people that I'm being a misogynist when in fact I'm just being brutally honest. You don't know how many times I've looked at a person dead in the eye and said; "the truth hurts, don't it?".
I really don't like how you have persecuted (in your mind) all Christians because of the acts of few. I firmly believe that's exactly what you do and there's no telling me that it's the right thing to do. It's no more right to judge us like that than it is to say that all blacks are criminals, or all gays or feminine, or all Asians are math wizards, or all lesbians drive trucks, or all atheists want to kill religion and religious people. It's an evil form of stereotyping that causes a person to think irrationally and not make good judgements.
I, also, am not dishonest and I post in good faith. My words get constantly twisted and skewed on this thread and that's only because people judge harshly against those they disagree with. I've been nothing but honest about various stories of my life and these people here take it and twist it into something it's not; "wife beater", "baby beater", "child abuser, or even your comment of "convicted felon". That was either a lie or an error on your part, which is it?
I do NOT want to continue berating or bashing you, as I've told you before, I hate it. It disgusts me. I get very irritated by some of the comments made here that people like you, that claim to be all about peace and humanity, do not attack. Like Ben's "kill the Fundies" comment. NO ATHEIST ON THIS THREAD told Ben that he was being harsh, they all seemed to quietly applaud his "courage" for posting something like that. THAT makes me sick, THAT pisses me off and THAT makes me feel like retaliating and defending that which I believe in.
You may think I'm stupid, but that doesn't make you right nor does that make you smart. I've held my own here for nearly two years with all you atheists pounding my ass all at the same time.
Here I am. Here I stand. Holding my own and holding my ground. It's not my fault that there's so many brick-headed atheists out there that can't understand simple things like what we've been trying to explain about Cain's wife. They don't want an answer, they just want to argue.
Aw, you poor, persecuted baby.

Maybe we need to have a group cry for you.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#721667 Apr 27, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't need your assent. They're overwhelmingly likely to be Christians.If you disagree, prove they aren't, or move on
So you're admitting to anti-Christian bigotry. It's the basis for your opinion. The people who first claimed it was Christians are the ones who made the claim. The duty is yours to prove it and you can't do it so now you want to reverse the burden of proof. Bullsh!t.

So YOU prove it is Christians or YOU move on.

How do you like me NOW?:)

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#721668 Apr 27, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since Cain's wife is mentioned then it should be obvious that Eve wasn't the only woman in existence right?
<quoted text>
Um, my guess would be any human being with female genitalia. And you call yourself a doctor? You're a stucking fupid one.
<quoted text>
I don't know what their names might've been. Who cares? Female births were NOT commonly written about due to their low status in ancient Hebrew culture.
<quoted text>
Sure I can.
‘And the days of Adam after he had fathered Seth were eight hundred years. And he fathered sons and daughters.’-Genesis 5:4
Josephus writes about this tradition:
“The number of Adam’s children, as says the old tradition, was thirty-three sons and twenty-three daughters.”
F. Josephus, The Complete Works of Josephus, translated by W. Whiston, Kregel Publications, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 1981
Because of the number of children they had, it's not impossible to consider that Cain's wife could have been a niece or sister.
If read allegorically, there could've been other civilizations and she could've came from there.
Either way it doesn't really matter.
You're going to lose this fight with me no matter what you try to do.
Either Adam really lived that long and had that many children, or;
The story is a poetic allegory and Cain's wife came from some nearby culture.
None of which nullifies that God exists.
Thanks for playing.
Next victim.
You write:
“If read allegorically, there could've been other civilizations and she could've came from there.”

And:
“The story is a poetic allegory and Cain's wife came from some nearby culture.”

The story is about the Genesis of humanity and there would supposedly be no other cultures or civilizations about.

Fennario

#721669 Apr 27, 2014
Pokay wrote:
How so? Not that I care that much
Then why ask for an answer?
Pokay wrote:
If you could eradicate religion you would. Until you can, you try convincing them to walk away. Where's the contradiction?
You omitted part of your comment - the part that contradicts that.
Pokay wrote:
So, IOW it doesn't affect your life at all. Western religion must really be a monster then if you wouldn't have even known about it without the media.

No, those aren't other words for what I posted.
Pokay wrote:
You can't take away someone's right to go to church, oh wait, that's right, you don;t want to take away their right to do so, you just want to reverse-evangelize them.
What's your problem with that?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#721670 Apr 27, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Cloven Bundy was planning to hide behind women.
And he's. REAL 'Murican.
Who?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#721671 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What size feet did Adam have?

Genesis doesn't give an account for that, so he must've not had feet, huh?
Aerobatty wrote:
See, now THAT'S a form of lying.
You excel.
That was not a form of lying, I was trying to give a crazy example of the whole "Cain's wife wasn't in the Bible so she didn't exist" bullshit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min KENTUCKY 71,035
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min TheChrist 283,028
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 37 min Liamm 658,880
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 38 min Your Ex 260
Trump is un-American... 44 min Tony 6
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Thinking 784
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr ChristineM 445,535
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 6 hr gundee123 5,059
More from around the web