Prove there's a god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#721342 Apr 26, 2014
scaritual wrote:
Don't be angry, lightbeanrider. Maybe some prayer would help you.
His anger has got to be at least in part for his god for appearing to tolerate so much disrespect from unbelievers. He thinks he's got a god in his corner, but has to watch it sit back and do nothing to defend its reputation, its church, its bible, or people like him that go out on a limb socially for it.

In a sense, it's pathetic. "Where is my god?," he wonders, like a dog waiting at the window for its dead master.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#721343 Apr 26, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you now? Hm, tempting..
It'd be worth it to see his head explode but I think it already has.
It will be our secret but I promise you; it would be worth it regardless of that.

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#721344 Apr 26, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Didn't shakespeare have a 450 b/day recently? Been a very long time since I read any shakespeare. I used to read a lot of stuff like that, kinda got away from it, it's seems hard for me to get back into it..
He was born in 1564, yes. I haven't read The Bard for awhile, but when I do I always end up quoting it @ everyone.
:-)
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#721345 Apr 26, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian ideas of miracles are really pathetic for a supposed almighty deity.
"I bought a tube of Lanacane at the drug store! It's proof Jesus is God!" - Andet
ROFLMAO
when did i say that BenAdam ?:) omg, i never said that, and i never mentioned about Jesus.:) no wonder why RiverSide Redneck called you a liar.

What i meant was, God guided me to buy anti psoriasis ointment from Walgreens and i got healed. that is all i said. i never mentioned about Jesus being God because of Lanacane.

for me: God heals, God helps, and God gives guidance
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#721346 Apr 26, 2014
River Tam wrote:
whoever built that crucifix is to blame, not Pope John Paul II.

Fennario

#721347 Apr 26, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
You ask what God gains by consigning people [to hell]? That's a good question. The correct and only answer that makes sense is that God loves YOU enough to not force Himself upon you.
That neither makes sense nor is the correct answer. Deliberately keeping souls alive for eternity just to make them suffer to the benefit of nobody for the crime of failing to worship the image of a cruel god on bad evidence does not make sense,and any.living creature that did so would rightly be called psychopathic.

The correct answer is that no god does any such thing, but that it serves the priestly class and others that benefit from organized, politicized religion for you to think so
He will not force you to be in His presence eternally. If you decide to deny Him and reject Him in this phase of your mortal humanly life, then God will accept your decision and grant you continued spiritual life out of His presence. Either way, He's letting you continue on.
As ever, this god imitates its own nonexistence.
Therefore, what God gains are those of us who choose to be with Him eternally.
And that makes sense to you? Why would a god care about belief in the unseen. Why would anybody want to be only with people who think like that, or be with them at all? They're not better people. Just grab the best and brightest souls and spirit them off to heaven. They'll believe.
Disbelief isn't the reason for getting excluded from God. All Christians have doubts from time to time if they're honest about it and haven't come to faith blindly. An honest look at the evidence will leave me scratching my head sometimes. Skepticism isn't the problem.
Oops. I think we have a new denomination in the works.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

That's pretty clear: Unbelief = perishing. The bible really isn't so hard to understand.

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#721348 Apr 26, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Settle down, lightbeanrider.
Don't be angry.
It's such a good Xian, that one. LOL

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#721349 Apr 26, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
whoever built that crucifix is to blame, not Pope John Paul II.
Hush, tard.

Fennario

#721350 Apr 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That he has said nothing negative to you directly is irrelevant, the fact that he claims to believe in Jesus in one breath and then slams the teachings of Jesus in the next tells you that he's extremely hypocritical, undereducated and very angry. "
You are saying that the fact that somebody has said nothing unkind to Joyful is no reason for her not to savage him for expressing opinions that don't exalt Jesus. You are taught to think that way because it serves the church for you to do so. What does it care about the strife and division that causes. It's the only thing that comes between people like you and me.

“There is a cost to deciding that you’re going to take Christianity on faith, and that is that when you run into folks like us who don’t believe it, you are compelled ... to think all kinds of horrific things about us, and come at us with these threats of eternal torment which draws an insurmountable line between us. We cannot be friends because of what you have decided to take on faith.”– Jeff Dee, The Atheist Experience

This is reason enough to be what Ghost Writer is calling anti-theistic. Organized Christianity is a disease that damages people. It divides them and sets them one against the other, just as it has done with you, and just as you are now trying to help it do to Joyful. Who here benefits if you succeed in turning her against another poster? Do you? Does she? Does the other poster? Do any of the rest of us? No - just the church. It's selfish indifference to the messes it creates in the service of itself justifies us calling it parasitic.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Hitler said nothing to me directly, does that mean I should ignore all the hatred that he spewed?
You're doing it yourself now - spreading hatred.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I used to get along with Ben also, but once I started noticing how much he lies about Christians and about what the Bible teaches, I had to put him in his place. Once I did, then the anger and the arguing and the name-calling began.
I rest my case.

Fennario

#721351 Apr 26, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
"Hitler said nothing to me directly, does that mean I should ignore all the hatred that he spewed?"

And very good point here. Absolutely not. I am not ignoring anything. Just on a quest and search for information. Whatever I read that others recommend, it does not matter what their agenda is - if they have one. It only matters in my search whether I check out and validate all things that I read. Hatred, unfortunately, is spewed by many people here. If I chose not to listen to any of those that did not spew hatred, I would be listening to very few on here.:)

Thank you for the advice.
I certainly hope that you don't take Riverside Redneck's advice. He's preaching hatred and division. Such people are not your friend. Don't be deceived by his bible and his talk of Jesus. If that's all it takes for you to trust somebody, then you are an easy target for manipulators.

This, apart from the internal strife, is in part how too much religion has made America weaker. It's how George Bush became president. He campaigned twice with a bible in his hand and a lot of Jesus talk, which was good enough for tens of millions of Christian voters, and then did tremendous damage to them and the rest of us.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#721352 Apr 26, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Love the Tony Hillerman books. I think I have every one he wrote.
Yes. Very good mystery stories plus wonderful exposure to Navaho culture.

BTW, Robert Redford made 2 or 3 movies from the Hillerman books for PBS. IIRC, Skinwalkers was the first one. They were fairly good, though they did deviate somewhat from the books. I just might have to look those up and see if I can watch them online.

Fennario

#721353 Apr 26, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. The purpose of the story is not about her. She's not exactly important to the story. However, it is important to ask how she existed. Where did she come from is quite important, since God supposedly created the only woman and man and from there I am supposing we all came from Adam and Eve, because it does not say otherwise. At least from what I have read. It is a valid question to ask where she came from. The only real answer that I think can be given is "I don't know." But some deep study on that subject would be warranted, I believe.
Good for you for holding your ground. Here you have another Christian poster trying to tell others what you to think. He suggests ignoring the cognitive dissonance - the sense that something's wrong - that you are experiencing over the apparent inconsistency in the idea that Cain could have a wife. Reason, the faculty nature gave you to navigate such situations, is telling you that something is wrong with the story, something that shouldn't be wrong if it is true. Trust your own mind. Ghost Writer would prefer that you trust the religion.

The church, which has obviously gotten to people like him and Riverside Redneck more so than you, would like you to ignore the inconsistencies as one of them instructs you, and to turn on those that won't as the other does.

My advice is the opposite: trust your own mind, not the church's, and don't turn on others because they trust their minds more than the church's.

Fennario

#721354 Apr 26, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
Thank you for the advice.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No problem. Good luck in your efforts and God bless you.
There's the Jesus talk - "God bless you." This is how it's done. It's what is used to garner your trust. You need to be shrewd and discerning. Having a soft heart doesn't mean having a soft mind as well.

Did you see my link about the Christian seeker like yourself who will no longer do business with people who put a Jesus fish on their business cards or use religion to peddle whatever it is they're selling? From http://christianuprising.org/2012/05/09/bewar...

"I’ve learned the hard way never to do business with anyone who displays a “Christian” fish symbol on their business cards. I hate to say it, but every time I’ve broken this rule, I’ve regretted it. Now, I’m sure there are plenty of good, honest, honorable folks in the workaday world who have a fish on their cards, and please forgive me if you’re one of them. It’s just that sadly, all the ones I’ve ever had the misfortune of dealing with have, without exception, ended up being liars and cheats.

"That’s no joke, and it’s painful. If the “living testimony” I’ve always got from our misguided brethren is even partly reflective of others’ experiences, it’s no wonder Christ is so mocked and marginalized in our society today."

Fennario

#721355 Apr 26, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
Unfortunately, you're the one to beware of. You're the one that lies. You're the one that misrepresents. You're the one that disparages. It's more than ironic that you have the temerity to accuse others of those.
Riverside Redneck is well trained by the example of his church.

To Joyful: Deception and finger pointing calling itself truth and love are the hallmarks of this religion. Decent people are steering clear of it in record numbers and taking their god belief with them. You can have faith and be a good person, but it will be a lot harder if you conform to the church's values.

Fennario

#721356 Apr 27, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Has anyone proven there is not [a god]?
Nope. And nobody has proven there are no leprechauns, either.

In both cases, we have good evidence that they are creations of man's imagination, which has to be good enough, since it's all that is possible. We know for a fact that man invents gods by the thousands and false religions by the hundreds, and that is reason to believe that all religions and their gods are false. If one religion among many were correct, it would stand out the way that legitimate science stands out from false sciences like astrology and homeopathy.

The important question is not the one that cannot be answered - are there gods?- but if they exist, whether we have an obligation to obey and worship them. This is only possible if they have contacted us. Have they?

Obviously not, or you wouldn't have only people of faith - people who are willing to believe without evidence - saying otherwise.

You don't need proof. You just need to think well and to trust yourself, not the people that instruct you to do the opposite. I just listened to Sarah Palin at Liberty University telling the students there to "let Him shine through you." That's code for submitting to the will of people like her who would tell you what that god wants you to do.

Fennario

#721357 Apr 27, 2014
Pokay wrote:
I agree on DF but don't let IANS fool you, he's probably an international kingpin of atheism, if their exists such a thing.
Jesus F. Christ.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#721358 Apr 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>It will be our secret but I promise you; it would be worth it regardless of that.
Meow.. you're quite the vixen :p

Fennario

#721359 Apr 27, 2014
Pokay wrote:
You make religion illegal and it would be pandemonium because it's so controversial.
Pokay wrote:
You're full of it if you believe that it wouldn't be a madhouse if religion was outlawed
You are debating a straw man. Nobody here is advocating criminalizing faith. You can relax.

Now excuse me. I have to return to Atheist Kingpin International Headquarters for a meeting - if such a place exists.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#721360 Apr 27, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>RiversideRedneck wrote, "No problem. Good luck in your efforts and God bless you. "

There's the Jesus talk - "God bless you." This is how it's done. It's what is used to garner your trust. You need to be shrewd and discerning. Having a soft heart doesn't mean having a soft mind as well.

Did you see my link about the Christian seeker like yourself who will no longer do business with people who put a Jesus fish on their business cards or use religion to peddle whatever it is they're selling? From http://christianuprising.org/2012/05/09/bewar...

"I’ve learned the hard way never to do business with anyone who displays a “Christian” fish symbol on their business cards. I hate to say it, but every time I’ve broken this rule, I’ve regretted it. Now, I’m sure there are plenty of good, honest, honorable folks in the workaday world who have a fish on their cards, and please forgive me if you’re one of them. It’s just that sadly, all the ones I’ve ever had the misfortune of dealing with have, without exception, ended up being liars and cheats.

"That’s no joke, and it’s painful. If the “living testimony” I’ve always got from our misguided brethren is even partly reflective of others’ experiences, it’s no wonder Christ is so mocked and marginalized in our society today."
Good point, may I also add that christian often will use "god bless you" in anger whilst insulting you as well as a form of emotional manipulation, which you covered very well.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#721361 Apr 27, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus F. Christ.
Lol. Hey kingpin Teddy :D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Native American lives MATTER 17 min Burke Devlin 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Gods r Delusions ... 600,132
Poppy Seed Tom's LOL! (May '14) 20 min melody 26
The Christian Atheist debate 22 min Critical Eye 2,048
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 40 min AntiqueAnnie 612,920
News Vermont towns vote to arrest Bush and Cheney (Mar '08) 42 min Mister Ed 1,166
Christianity is fading away... 1 hr I am out 4
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 11 hr cute94 465
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 20 hr Victoria Bologna 7,504
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 20 hr andy 45
More from around the web