Prove there's a god.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#721512 Apr 27, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein was an Atheist, which is why he was a genius.
i have a link that shows he was an agnostic !! he was not an atheist !!! atheists are really dumb !!! ok ? he was an agnostic that's why he was a genius !!!
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#721513 Apr 27, 2014
where did you meet her ?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#721514 Apr 27, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> You shouldn't want to kill anyone, but sadly, when one group or Individual doesn't change ( Conform ) to a certain belief, The other group or Individual thinks it's a direct attack on that belief. Respecting each's belief is where some kind of common ground can be reach..( Communication) No One has a Monopoly on Truth. Truth and being Right is Individual to the Beholder..Compromise ( Common Ground) has plenty of room to stand on, as it is not crowded, but I am "Probably" a drug addict that deserves to be Tased..
Negative.

I am NOT talking about killing people for beliefs, I'm talking about killing them for their actions.

Terrorists and terrorism cannot be allowed, too many innocent people are murdered because of it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#721515 Apr 27, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
So, it's ok to "kill other people" then?
If they're attacking and killing other people, yes. Absolutely.

Would you prefer that we just left the Taliban alone?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#721516 Apr 27, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so, but using Siri on topix is more time consuming.
Not for me, it isn't. Press the little microphone button, talk all you want, then post.

Wham bam thank you ma'am.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#721517 Apr 27, 2014
Elixz wrote:
<quoted text>Look, my parents are MUSLIM! I never had the luxurity of having Your ideal type of christian parents.
My father chocked me almost to Death several times, I barely survived somehow. I tried to flee, but I had to come back, though he tried to make up <You want some a New Laptop or the New iphone?>, ha, that did much.
My mother was no better mistreated me and said shit all the time.

All because I never believed in the man on the moon. They said they failed even though they plappered and wuptidupted madly and tried their best best to indoctrinate me. The problem With the socity my parents come from is that they expect their kids to obey everything.
Even to this day they keep trying. I have even tried leave, I almost succeded, but failed because I trusted them, which became my doooom and I am now in this muslim Wannabe democratic country.

Religion did change me alright, I wanted to help People whoever they were when I grew up, but instead I started to hate People.

Later on I got this weird disgust towards religious People, the sight of seeing someone preaching their brik's dogma makes made me ill. Though I still have this strange disgust towards religion though it's not as bad as it used to be.
I now feel bad for them, and try to convince peole to not put their life in something so useless as any sort of spiritual org. religion because they outweigh the bad horrible deeds comepared to the good they ever achieved.

Though I still believe I should help People, not just the people who are poor, but also those I see are lonely or mistreated/misunderstood, though I look the other way if they have a religious way of seeing Things.
Don't mind him, he's an absolute imbecile who thinks Muslims should be "put down like rabid dogs".

I admire your courage.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#721519 Apr 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Loophole? I'd be looking for a pair of wire cutters and a one way ticket out of Neurosisville.
Do you really think anyone is going for a loophole? An Axe maybe.
Our generation won't see it but eventually this world is headed for neurosisville. An axe won't do much good when there is no food or fuel, or none that most people can afford. And when that happens I'm sure masturbation will be the least of anyone's worry, I was just making a point that people's lives will likely get interfered with one way or another and religion will also become least of anyone's worry .

Location hidden

#721520 Apr 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
I think religion should be treated like sex. Practice it in private, not in public and especially not in front of children and definitely don't try and force it on those who don't want it.
But it isn't sex. Kids go where the parents go. They gonna get a babysitter just because they want to go to the park or the grocery store or the church? And then the kids choose whether they want to continue going once they grow up. I quit going.

Location hidden

#721521 Apr 27, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Jesus F. Christ.
Sam F. Harris

Location hidden

#721522 Apr 27, 2014
who="It aint necessarily so"]
You're contradicting yourself.
How so? Not that I care that much, but I don't see the contradiction. If you could eradicate religion you would. Until you can, you try convincing them to walk away. Where's the contradiction?
Our chief assets are the church and the media that show it to the world. Our words wouldn't mean a thing without that. Without that, we probably wouldn't know how horrible the church is ourselves. I wouldn't. I learned much of what I know about theists right here on Topix. How would I know what religion has done to them without Internet message boards?
So, IOW it doesn't affect your life at all. Western religion must really be a monster then if you wouldn't have even known about it without the media. I don't like how so many big evangelists are making millions from preaching and claiming to cure the blind, but there are crooks around every corner. At least it's not outright stealing. You can't take away someone's right to go to church, oh wait, that's right, you don;t want to take away their right to do so, you just want to reverse-evangelize them.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#721523 Apr 27, 2014
Elixz wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, my parents are MUSLIM! I never had the luxurity of having Your ideal type of christian parents.
My father chocked me almost to Death several times, I barely survived somehow. I tried to flee, but I had to come back, though he tried to make up <You want some a New Laptop or the New iphone?>, ha, that did much.
All because I never believed in the man on the moon. They said they failed even though they plappered and wuptidupted madly and tried their best best to indoctrinate me. The problem With the socity my parents come from is that they expect their kids to obey everything.
Even to this day they keep trying. I have even tried leave, I almost succeded, but failed because I trusted them, which became my doooom and I am now in this muslim Wannabe democratic country.
Religion did change me alright, I wanted to help People whoever they were when I grew up, but instead I started to hate People.
Later on I got this weird disgust towards religious People, the sight of seeing someone preaching their brik's dogma makes made me ill. Though I still have this strange disgust towards religion though it's not as bad as it used to be.
I now feel bad for them, and try to convince peole to not put their life in something so useless as any sort of spiritual org. religion because they outweigh the bad horrible deeds comepared to the good they ever achieved.
Though I still believe I should help People, not just the people who are poor, but also those I see are lonely or mistreated/misunderstood, though I look the other way if they have a religious way of seeing Things.
Interesting story. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have assumed your parents were Christian, you never specified. I was wrong.

Are you literally saying that your dad beat you? Is that a norm where you're from or was your dad an oddball? Is there any way you can get out of that country you hate? In America, you're free to follow whatever religion you want or no religion at all. We have a true freedom of religion here.

What do you mean you look the other way if they have a religious way of seeing things? Would you not help a poor man if he told you he was Christian or Muslim?

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#721524 Apr 27, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
i have the right to speak that way you retard !!! she started it !!! your wife ?? where did you met her ? in red light district ?
Tell her about your 2 gay awards and 15 diplomas , you can sissify her up and win the argument! Kick her with your pumps, but if you get squashed and no miracle saves you.
Do go cry and whine like a sissy to ya savior about it and please ....HUSH TARD!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#721525 Apr 27, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Einstein was an Atheist, which is why he was a genius.
Einstein recognized the impossibility of a non-created universe.

Newton said: "The most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion on an intelligent and powerful Being."

William Kelvin was a committed Christian.

Sir Francis Bacon was a Christian, he said: "It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man’s mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion; for while the mind of man looketh upon second causes scattered, it may sometimes rest in them, and go no further; but when it beholdeth the chain of them confederate, and linked together, it must needs fly to Providence and Deity."

Copernicus, Galileo, Descartes, Pascal, Boyle,Faraday, Mendel and Planck were all Christian men, and geniuses in their own right.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#721526 Apr 27, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't mind him, he's an absolute imbecile who thinks Muslims should be "put down like rabid dogs".
I admire your courage.
Why can't you have a damned honest debate? Why do you have to lie about me? Is it your atheism that drives your dishonesty or is it something else?

I never said that about Muslims and you know it.

You're reaching for personal attacks and lies because you have nothing else to offer.

Location hidden

#721527 Apr 27, 2014
Elixz wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, my parents are MUSLIM! I never had the luxurity of having Your ideal type of christian parents.
I'm sorry you had to go through that, but many people are that way whether religion seems to be behind it or not. I was abused by my step-grandmother and it had nothing to do with religion. I even had to poop when she said I should, not according to what my body was doing and I would get beat until I pooped. That was only one out of many things I would get beat for. There are a lot of sick people out there. My dad was a tyrant and still tries running everyone's life in the family. It had nothing to do with religion.

I don't think religion is the root cause. I think there is something deeper within the human psyche that cause this sickness. They would be 'controlling' with or without religion.

My dad is Serbian. Serbs are Orthodox and Croatians are Catholics. They have been at odds with eachother for centuries. So much hatred and bloodshed. Why? Do they really care that the other crosses themselves in a different fashion? No, I'm sure not. It's passed on from generation to generation, kids pick it up the hate from their parents and don't even stop to think why they hate. It's a crazy world, religion or not. Just my two sense.

Is the Gaza conflict all about religion or is it just blamed on religion? They would be fighting over that land anyways. Just that the Book makes it more "justified".

Location hidden

#721528 Apr 27, 2014
Elixz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an interesting line though. The atheists on this thread should note your implication that Christian parents can be ideal in comparison to Muslim parents. I still say that the human psyche is prone to madness whether religion is in existence or not.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#721529 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"never seen or heard of before"?!
Another Topix Atheist! ain't read the DaVinci Code?
I thought y'all was s'posed to be all smart and shit.
Why would anyone necessarily read the DaVinci Code?

Ahhh, yes, I see now.

It's historical fiction.

Like the bible.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#721530 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative.
I am NOT talking about killing people for beliefs, I'm talking about killing them for their actions.
Terrorists and terrorism cannot be allowed, too many innocent people are murdered because of it.
Maybe not directly, but that's basically what it comes down to..Belief! I agree with you, some people have to be "Dealt" with, The Diversity of Religions and each "Branch" thinking they have the Truth, is always gonna clash with someone else's Truth.. People have been Fighting and Killing for that Truth for Millenia, and for what? A Lie? It's about Greed and Power.. Control..Control of God! Each "Branch" Labeling God as the Just.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#721531 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Why can't you have a damned honest debate? Why do you have to lie about me? Is it your atheism that drives your dishonesty or is it something else?

I never said that about Muslims and you know it.

You're reaching for personal attacks and lies because you have nothing else to offer.
Your response to thewordofme's question, when discussing Muslims;

What should we do with defective humans?

Wasn't;

Put them down like rabid dogs.

?

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#721532 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If they're attacking and killing other people, yes. Absolutely.
Would you prefer that we just left the Taliban alone?
Killing in defense of oneself or another who is incapable of self-defense is justifiable when the threat of serious bodily harm or death is obvious and imminent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min confrinting with ... 654,027
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 21 min And as for you 3,811
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Neville Thompson 281,870
What is your most embarrassing photo? 30 min Aliciasilver 5
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 40 min Neville Thompson 45,238
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 45 min Catcher1 64,061
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr gundee123 808
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 8 hr Clive 80
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,508
More from around the web