Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#720953 Apr 26, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
The best place to start, is by going to a natural history museum. See what had lived, try to imagine how the world had changed. Ask questions.
As for the Big Bang, that is an event that took place a very long time ago. We humans are not here as a direct result of it. We are here because of a process known as evolution. You may not be scientifically minded and do lack interest in it; fair enough. However, you certainly know that a hell of a lot has happened before us humans came about, yes?
Thank you. I will take that advice as soon as I can go. No, I was brought up being taught about Creationism, God, the Bible. Science class was not a good subject for me and to be honest my upbringing on God, Bible, and creationism caused me to not care to listen to anything about Science. There was only one story and nothing else mattered. So, I didn't listen. Listening now.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#720954 Apr 26, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not mean sexual intercourse. I know about that, lol. I meant how we came to be as humans. Not how we were made by our parents.:) And yes, I know how sex happens with Lesbians and Gays. Oh my, I hope I did not say that in a way to offend.:)
Sex happens with lesbians and gays just as it does with everybody else.

It starts with a look or a touch or even just a scent. Two or more people that want to orgasm :)

Btw, you became a human when you successfully navigated the birth canal.

Before that, you were a cell.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Location hidden

#720955 Apr 26, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Being in the Northeast US, there are few "Radical Fundamentalists". It is mostly a Southern phenomena (mostly SBC ad its cousin sects).
Does SBC stand for Southern Baptist Christian(ity)? Cause that is what denomination church I was raised in.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#720956 Apr 26, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You suggested that if the middle east had been populated with pagans that there wouldn't have been so much war there, yet both the African tribes and Native American ones had been killing each other, tribe vs. tribe, for as long as either could remember and way before the white tribes had ever come on the scene.
I'm unsure about the aborigines' history but the others' was quite bloody.
If you are talking about the Mfecane, you are correct. It was a bloody time. But things have changed quite a ways.

As for my statement about the Mid-East, I said had it been populated by atheists and Pagans (contemporary Pagans were implied), there would be no war.

Location hidden

#720957 Apr 26, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Note that in Genesis, it first says that God made animals and then man (Gen. 1:25-26), then later God creates animals after man to find a mate for Adam before creating Eve (Gen. 2:18-22).
Noted. And yes I have read and noticed that. I have read and studied some of the Bible. It just confuses me greatly and has many contradictions just like the one you pointed out.

Location hidden

#720958 Apr 26, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>How can you say something you haven't studies doesn't make any sense?
I have read and studied some of the Bible. It just confuses me greatly and has many contradictions. Science I have not studied as much but I am trying to now.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#720959 Apr 26, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I will take that advice as soon as I can go. No, I was brought up being taught about Creationism, God, the Bible. Science class was not a good subject for me and to be honest my upbringing on God, Bible, and creationism caused me to not care to listen to anything about Science. There was only one story and nothing else mattered. So, I didn't listen. Listening now.
My oersonal experience is that I grew up with an atheist father and a Christian mother. My father just did not go to church. He never ever told me what to believe, what to question, etc. He made up his own mind and he wanted me to do the same. For that reason, I had a church upbringing. Dutch Reformed. Truth be told, I would still go to that church, maybe for a wedding service or something.

My beliefs were heavily influenced by the film Jurassic Park. I watched it when I was a wee six years old. I fell in love, quite literally. Dinosaurs became a passion of mine; one I have to this day. I started reading up. At age 9 I would go to the library and take out palaeontological journals, instead of mere "dinosaur books". I became obsessed with stuff like the bite force of a T-Rex and so on. Obviously, this led to an interest in how dinosaur bones are found. That bit of knowledge right there, destroyed every bit of Biblical indoctrination in me. If the geological column is true... Then there was no Flood, No creation account, etc. I still continued to believe, but in a deity much closer to Spinoza's.

At 18, I stopped churchgoing. Dropped it like a hot potato. Did not look back since.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#720960 Apr 26, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read and studied some of the Bible. It just confuses me greatly and has many contradictions. Science I have not studied as much but I am trying to now.
Just so you know.

Science has more than one book.

Scientist aren't as efficient as Teh God.

Location hidden

#720961 Apr 26, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely why the bible cannot be the word of any god. It shows itself to be poorly written mythology.
People who say we shouldn't ask questions and that everything is not for us to know are wannabe authority figures who would rule over the rest of us.
Wanting to know, learn and understand is a virtue, not a vice.
I agree. And I want more than anything to know, learn, and understand. I believe that this forum and the class I am taking atm will greatly help me toward this goal. Science class.

Location hidden

#720962 Apr 26, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>A hedonist is one who indulges in his or her senses.
Thank you

Location hidden

#720963 Apr 26, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It certainly didn't come from nothing like that smart ass Krauss suggests.
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2013/11/...
Smarter people than him know better.
Thank you

Location hidden

#720964 Apr 26, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"Where you have been is never as important as where you are headed." - ME 2:43
"Stop looking in the mirror all the time and focus on the road ahead!" - My dad.
Thank you I love the quotes! Awesome ones!

Location hidden

#720965 Apr 26, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you know.
Science has more than one book.
Scientist aren't as efficient as Teh God.
Thank you. Yes, I know.:)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#720966 Apr 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What war on contraception?!? I have no war on contraception. If anything, I'm the one pushing it much. I'm the one pushing responsible sex over abortion.
There's no such thing as an accidental pregnancy.
access to abortion need not ask as to accidents

Location hidden

#720967 Apr 26, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I've ignored him for years because of what kind of person he is, but decided to rile him to prove how nasty he gets. Notice the pack tightens the circle when IANS gets testy? He's one of the capos here on Topix, He keeps the minions focused on specific people and topics, wears down the opposition with large numbers of replies and expects an answer to all of them. They know nobody has the time to answer every comment but crow triumph when a target poster tires of the constant crap. They are cowardly chickenshyt stalkers and bullies.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound insane.
It has been abundantly clear that the poster "nanoanomaly" is not sane

besides insanity, it is a hate machine.

Location hidden

#720968 Apr 26, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
Then please, by all means, step up to the plate for my challenge.:)
What's the connection between the canonical gospels and Genesis 15?
they are all mythological

Location hidden

#720969 Apr 26, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice my challenge? Let's see if he steps up to take it. So far, no atheist has. I'm willing to bet it stays that way. And as long as they refuse the challenge, it shows how little they trust in their own abilities. Now watch them claim my challenge is irrelevant as if this will let them off the hook. LOL :)
how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

---all of them---

Location hidden

#720970 Apr 26, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Oops, I stumbled and "accidentally" fell on that penis...over and over again!
it left permanent damage

Location hidden

#720971 Apr 26, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Sex ed has already been in the public schools for over 30 years now.
What rock have you been hiding under?
BTW, "having" a baby is safer than an abortion is.
you cannot generalize across all cases

not all abortions are about safety

some are about choice

Location hidden

#720972 Apr 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but you know what I find funny about that?
The man is equally responsible as the woman in the financial aspect of the child, but the man has absolutely no say so in an abortion.
That puzzles me...
men have the same rights as women.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do black children behave worse in school th... (Sep '10) 5 min BravoDelta 365
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min truth 573,865
I'm white but don't like white women? (Jan '10) 31 min Ashwini 117
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? 34 min Rosa_Winkel 14
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 608,147
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 268,860
Moses never existed 2 hr Insults Are Easier 1,277
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr velvet ant 97,875
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 8 hr Jack 18
More from around the web