Prove there's a god.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#721367 Apr 27, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Meow.. you're quite the vixen :p
There is more than one difference between you and I.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#721368 Apr 27, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>Duly noted. Okay I cannot figure out how to spell that exactly. Duely duly Well, you know what I mean lol Neither way looks right.
Duly. I agree that it's a funny word.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#721369 Apr 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>There is more than one difference between you and I.
There usually is.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#721370 Apr 27, 2014
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>They would go ballistic only if someone tried to enforce those laws. That was my point.
What if they made masturbation illegal and put cameras in everyone's home to enforce those laws? We'd all be looking for a loophole.
Religion isn't the only controversial issue that would cause ballisticness.
Loophole? I'd be looking for a pair of wire cutters and a one way ticket out of Neurosisville.
Do you really think anyone is going for a loophole? An Axe maybe.

Location hidden

#721371 Apr 27, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
There usually is.
Are we flirting?

Since: Feb 14

Tejgaon, Bangladesh

#721372 Apr 27, 2014
I was trying to say why not forget the entire thing because sometimes i feel like you cannot get through the tough Shell of pesky indoctrinated religious People.

We try to tell them one way or the other that they shouldn't Waste their time on their Wannabe deity, but they never listen. They just replay some quote from their holy brik or change topic or start With their bla, bla, bla...

My parents are the most shity People I know because they've been plappering and wuptiduping(made up words) their nonesense at me since I was child. Believe it or not they still haven't accepted that I stopped believing in the tooth fairy(I am 16 now...). What am i supposed to do? Fighting something which doesn't understand reason and just yells for no reason is unchangable, but we just keep on trying. Maybe one day they'll stop With this plappering and wuptiduping

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#721373 Apr 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Are we flirting?
I don't know. I just love your posts. What do you think?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#721374 Apr 27, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
Current science cannot and will not answer every question regarding our existence. Science is great for giving us theories. Regarding our existence, that's all it is. A theory. One of many competing theories. You prefer that theory. I prefer the theory of a creator. You're not going to budge me, and I'm not going to budge you. Right?
Science has given us much more than theories. It has made our lives longer, safer, more comfortable, and more interesting. It has taken man to the moon and back, allowed him to be heard around the world in an instant, move like the wind on land, the sea and in the air, and to defeat polio.

Your church's problem with it is that in the process, it has revealed that the bible is a book of myths. And so, it has taught you all to distrust and minimize science as you just did. That is what faith has given us. This is the result, part of the harm religion does:

"Big Bang, evolution, climate change widely doubted in U.S., poll suggests - Poll finds confidence in major science concepts strongly dependent on politics, religion"
http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/big-bang-ev...

"About 4 in 10 say they are not too confident or outright disbelieve that the Earth is warming, mostly a result of man-made heat-trapping gases, that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old or that life on Earth evolved through a process of natural selection, though most were at least somewhat confident in each of those concepts. But a narrow majority — 51 per cent — questions the Big Bang theory.

"Results depressing to scientists

"The results of the poll depress and upset some of America's top scientists, including several Nobel Prize winners, who vouched for the science in the statements tested, calling them settled scientific facts.

"Science ignorance is pervasive in our society, and these attitudes are reinforced when some of our leaders are openly antagonistic to established facts," said 2013 Nobel Prize in medicine winner Randy Schekman of the University of California, Berkeley.

"Confidence in evolution, the Big Bang, the age of the Earth and climate change decline sharply as faith in a supreme being rises, according to the poll.

"When you are putting up facts against faith, facts can't argue against faith," said 2012 Nobel Prize winning biochemistry professor Robert Lefkowitz of Duke University."

======

It doesn't matter what you believe or teach your kids about the Big Bang and evolution. Both of my kids work in the sciences, and benefit from so many fewer people competing for their jobs.

But they and we are all exposed to risk because of undermining our climate scientists. Your church's selfish assault on science will have unintended consequences that will harm us all.

Tornado and hurricane season will be here soon to devastate the bible belt - the Midwest and South. Look for them to become more frequent and more severe. And look for more severe droughts and flood in the next few decades as well. I don't think anybody can stop it. As the article said, faith trumps science.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#721375 Apr 27, 2014
Elixz wrote:
I was trying to say why not forget the entire thing because sometimes i feel like you cannot get through the tough Shell of pesky indoctrinated religious People.
We try to tell them one way or the other that they shouldn't Waste their time on their Wannabe deity, but they never listen. They just replay some quote from their holy brik or change topic or start With their bla, bla, bla...
My parents are the most shity People I know because they've been plappering and wuptiduping(made up words) their nonesense at me since I was child. Believe it or not they still haven't accepted that I stopped believing in the tooth fairy(I am 16 now...). What am i supposed to do? Fighting something which doesn't understand reason and just yells for no reason is unchangable, but we just keep on trying. Maybe one day they'll stop With this plappering and wuptiduping
I sometimes think it's futile but I personally don't speak to or of the religious for them, I do it for myself and others who may be having doubts, have been through the damage religion can cause in a variety of way and basically those who understand.

I don't have much hope that many will ever stop plappering and wuptiduping.

I guess you just need to figure out how your realisations matter to you and whether or not you want or need to share them.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#721376 Apr 27, 2014
*ways

Location hidden

#721377 Apr 27, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. I just love your posts. What do you think?
I'm OK with it.

Would you like to play chest?

:-)

Fennario

#721378 Apr 27, 2014
scaritual wrote:
I'm careful about who I tell that I am atheist here in the south. I don't want to return to my home in ashes, nor do I want to hurt anyone that feels like they should burn my home while I'm in it. This area here is a stronghold for Evangelical and Fundamentalist Christians. It runs the gamut of Christian belief in this region, and encompasses everything from speaking in tongues, to the handling of poisonous snakes - both of which are often done in the same church at the same time.
Good thinking. The Christians don't know the effect that Christian atheophobia has had on our lives, and I doubt that they care.

But we know, and we resent the church for it, a fact that manifests in the strong negativity that the Christians experience from us. Combine that with their selfish sense of privilege and the whiny victimhood - the War on Christmas thing comes to mind first - and you have a recipe for contempt.

[Special thanks to RR for his help in researching the following examples of assorted unbelievers' reactions to Christians and Christianity

BenAdam wrote:
Someone should start killing off these Fundies.

It aint necessarily so wrote:
they can crucify themselves for all we care

thewordofme wrote:
I don't care what the fetus thinks.

REALHuman wrote:
if your hair was on fire I wouldn't believe you to even piss on you to put it out

Kaitlyn the Wolf Witch wrote:
Someone should take all these fundies and load them on a giant cruise ship and send them off into the middle of the Arctic Ocean; and then sink the ship.

Do the world a favor, put the barrel in your mouth and pull the trigger.]

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#721379 Apr 27, 2014
<quoted text>
How about you? Care to step up to the plate for a bible quiz? It's pretty straightforward, but you have to know what the bible says to pass it. What would Jesus do?
From what I've read about the jesus character, he'd probably use bible pages to roll bigass joints but I'll take your quiz.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#721380 Apr 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm OK with it.
Would you like to play chest?
:-)
Yeah ok.

Wait, how do you play that?

Location hidden

#721381 Apr 27, 2014
Joe Cocker

With A Little Help From My Friends

Location hidden

#721382 Apr 27, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> No, It's Linda Ronstadt
This is Warren Zevon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Gm1TZ66I5n4XX
Hey Tide.

Somebody is trying to tell me, River Tam, who Warren Zevon is.

What should I do?

Tide?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#721383 Apr 27, 2014
<quoted text>
Good thinking. The Christians don't know the effect that Christian atheophobia has had on our lives, and I doubt that they care.
But we know, and we resent the church for it, a fact that manifests in the strong negativity that the Christians experience from us. Combine that with their selfish sense of privilege and the whiny victimhood - the War on Christmas thing comes to mind first - and you have a recipe for contempt.
[Special thanks to RR for his help in researching the following examples of assorted unbelievers' reactions to Christians and Christianity
BenAdam wrote:
Someone should start killing off these Fundies.
they can crucify themselves for all we care
thewordofme wrote:
I don't care what the fetus thinks.
REALHuman wrote:
if your hair was on fire I wouldn't believe you to even piss on you to put it out
Someone should take all these fundies and load them on a giant cruise ship and send them off into the middle of the Arctic Ocean; and then sink the ship.
Do the world a favor, put the barrel in your mouth and pull the trigger.]
I'd like to add;

RiversideRedneck (the "good christian") wrote:
Put them down like rabid dogs.

Fennario

#721384 Apr 27, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth, I also think those people really are nuts. They read the bible literally and choose to believe it in all of it's literalism. In that, they're as nutty as atheists who read it literally and choose to reject it based on the literal interpretations. Both are clueless.
Then we're all in agreement that the bible is not correct if taken at face value. To you, that means that a god delivered a critical message to man in imprecise language. To me, it means something else.

So, are you declining to take my bible quiz? I've offered it to you three times now, and haven't seen a response of any kind on the subject. I would recommend that you avoid taking it unless you think you have a good understanding of what the bible says.

It's not a trick test, and it has no trick questions, but you wouldn't likely get many of them right because of the confirmation bias that you take to your bible studies, which the test would probably reveal. You'd have to be able to read the bible with an open mind to give correct answers. People like Ben, Scaritual, and wordofme, who all seem pretty well versed in the bible, would likely do better.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#721385 Apr 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Tide.
What should I do?
Tide?

Location hidden

#721386 Apr 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Tide.
What should I do?
Tide?
what can you do? dazzle me with some of your atheist sense?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Steve 638,082
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Bongo 30,137
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 28 min Steve 43,924
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min MUQ2 280,526
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 42 min truth 269
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 55 min truth 181,965
REPORT: Prince's red blood cell count was EXTRE... 2 hr Purple Fan 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr scientia potentia... 617,982
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 hr An NFL Fan 38,053
More from around the web