Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#720832 Apr 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a moot point because abortion is a legal activity. It doesn't matter what you or I think about it.
Agreed.

Location hidden

#720833 Apr 25, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't crew, and I don't consider myself a hedonist.
But in my view, although pleasure is not the ONLY intrinsic good, it does add to a healthy, happy life.
Do you disagree?
What is a hedonist? Yes, it absolutely does.

“Once You've Gone Witch---”

Since: May 10

"--You Won't Ever Switch!"

#720834 Apr 25, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text> ....blah blah blah.....What surprised me is that the "tough girl" backed down from a challenge. I thought the daughter of a Marine vet would be willing to step up. Apparently daddy's girl isn't as tough as she thought she was.
Me step up? You're the one who backed down, skippy.
<quoted text>
Where Cain's wife came from isn't important. It wasn't the primary focus of the author.......
See? You couldn't answer.

The origin of Cain's wife *is* important; it goes to the credibility of the rest of the story of (turn on echo effect)**THE BEGINNING OF MANKIND!!!!!**

*You* deem it unimportant, Mr. Professional Historian/Buybull Expert, because *you can't answer it.* This Marine's daughter *is* tougher than you. Tougher and smarter. Doesn't that just piss you off?

Wow, that was easier than I thought it would be---*oo*-rah!

Location hidden

#720835 Apr 25, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't crew, and I don't consider myself a hedonist.
But in my view, although pleasure is not the ONLY intrinsic good, it does add to a healthy, happy life.
Do you disagree?
Nevermind :) I looked it up.

#720836 Apr 25, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
" In other words, do you think the government should be able to tell a woman whether or not she can get an abortion?"
Do you think the government is not controlled by religion on this matter?
All the abortion crap emanates from religion trying to tell women what to do with their own bodies. Pure religion, trying to control your body and your sex life.
Taking away your ability to choose for yourself what you want or don't want.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The govt isn't controlled by religion, the First Amendment makes sure that can't happen.
When the unborn child is killed, you've successfully taken away his/her right to choose. What say you on that?
While I personally find abortion to be distasteful, my response to you is that women's uteri are not your private property, nor are they the property of the State or of your imaginary god.

DEAL WITH IT.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#720837 Apr 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! You said I was the most revolting.
:(
You hold the male title. I find it very misogynistic that they make the wimmins share the female title. The cheap bahstads.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#720838 Apr 25, 2014
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>So, what do you think of my projection that you atheists would be just as brutally inhumane as the Christian Crusaders were if you ever got laws passed that disallowed any form of organized religion? You know you guys would; especially with the law on your side. You'd be having a field day killing and incarcerating in the name of atheism.
Yo Pokay.

Nah, methinks not. I posted about two weeks ago that had the Middle East been filled with atheists and Pagans, there would be no war.

Think about that one: Atheists do get along with Pagans. We do get along with Hindus, Buddhists, etc. The threads here may not be hard and fast proof, but I think it serves to show an outright lack of hostilities. The Pagans are an interesting demographic; they are not the majority (like atheists), they were kept voiceless for very long (like atheists) and are coming out more on internet forums (like atheists). However, there is a god belief involved.

I honestly cannot see me or any of my clan on here ever picking up any kind of weapon and threatening any Pagan poster on here. Why would I want to shoot someone I do not even have a mean thing to say to?

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#720839 Apr 25, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Without relying on commentary from either an atheistic or Christian website, submit an analytical opinion on the authorship of the Gospel according to Luke, and Acts of the Apostles by comparing the first four verses found in Luke and the first three verses found in Acts.
<quoted text>
Gee Dubb won't even answer my simple little question about where Cain's wife came from. I mean, she was apparently the second woman ever to exist to take the full load of total child bearing off of poor exhausted Eve, and Gee Dubb's response was, "She wasn't important anyway."
Any question he can't answer is "unimportant." He just wants to stay inside of his warm and fuzzy comfort zone, feeling comfortable and confident discussing only what *he* wants, and to hell with everything else.
Yeah, he's a really real historian/buybull expert, all right.
I keep telling you she wasn't considered important enough by the author. I can't help that you won't accept that. And just because she was the second one mentioned doesn't mean she was the only other woman around besides Eve. You're assuming that, and it's a naive assumption on your part.

You keep trying to force the issue as if it proves your view and it doesn't. It just proves that you're another one who's reading it incorrectly with an agenda. And then to top it all off you wanna play pigeon chess thinking that I'm avoiding your answer. I keep answering you. It's the only answer I'm going to give you because it's the only correct answer there is.

And if I recall correctly Kaitlin, you refused to answer my challenge as well, thinking it was some stupid excuse to trick you into reading the bible. I saw your remark to Divinity Surgeon. All I wanted was for an atheist to give an analysis the authorship of Luke and Acts from a literary and historical perspective. She stepped up and did it without using appeal to divinity from a historical perspective just as I asked. She did very well at it too. And that was my only goal. To show that it could be done from a historical perspective, even by a skeptic. She did it honestly and she did it well.

In conclusion, I thought you were pretty cool. Now I think you want to have things all on your terms and yet claim that it's everyone else who behaves like that. I've repeatedly answered you regarding Cain's wife, as have others. You haven't received the answers you hoped to get and now you're having a mini-fit over it. Your silly attempts to overwhelm me with a volume of questions will get you nowhere. I'll answer one at a time according to my schedule. If I don't know the answer, I'll say so. I answered wordofme earlier. He may not agree, but I answered according to what I believe in the way I understand the question. If you have a problem with that, it's your flippin problem. Not mine.

Good night.

#720840 Apr 25, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. means one thing only....kill witches.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 22:18
Who wrote it?
You're "god" wrote it. Remember? Buybull, infallible word of god, yadda yadda?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Why?
You claim your god talks to you; why don't you ask it?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>When?
To whom?
You're the believer; why don't you know? Why are you asking an atheist, whose word you're not going to accept anyway?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#720841 Apr 25, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
I find that a good question. If God created the first man and woman, where did the rest come from if they weren't born to Eve? Did he create more people? It does not say he did. Too much in the Bible does not make sense. Yes, I know many people say we should not question and everything is not for us to know. But why shouldn't we know and why shouldn't it make sense?
First of all, if Eve was made from Adam's rib then Eve had the same DNA as Adam. That makes Eve a clone which, of course, makes Eve a man. So the question is:

Where did Cain come from?

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#720842 Apr 25, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Anybody want their @$$ kicked in a game of Chess online?
I would be happy to oblige, sir.

#720843 Apr 25, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust you to wear your blinders and focus on Salem.
40,000 - 100,000
Is the number of witches murdered by christians, worldwide, in the Middle Ages.
There's a great big world outside of your village and christianity has pissed on most of it.
"She can read and has independent thoughts! She's a witch! Let's kill her!"
- Male christian retards.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
Well which number is it?
"40,000 - 100,000" has a huge margin.
Some estimates run as high as a million.

It's difficult to tell nowadays whether the christians of that time were proud of how many people they sacrificed in flames for jesus or if they were later ashamed of how many people they sacrificed in the flames for their jesus. In either case, exact, right-down-to-the-last-charred -corpse records were not kept. However, several complete villages were known to have been burned to the ground by marauding witch-hunters; men, women, children, pets, farm animals and dray animals...all burned alive in the holy name of jesus.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#720844 Apr 25, 2014
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>So, what do you think of my projection that you atheists would be just as brutally inhumane as the Christian Crusaders were if you ever got laws passed that disallowed any form of organized religion? You know you guys would; especially with the law on your side. You'd be having a field day killing and incarcerating in the name of atheism.
Of course he would advocate killing the religious off. His posts are dripping with his hate for them and we all know that most murder starts as hate.

#720845 Apr 25, 2014
Youíre asking me to help you flatter yourself? I really donít think you need it.
But I *would* like you to answer this, if youíre willing or even able:
Whereíd Cainís wife come from?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh geez. AGAIN?!
Yes.

'Til I get a GODDAMN ANSWER. What, you don't like it? Suffer!

What does your god have to gain by burning people in hell forever for committing the "heinous crime" of disbelief---personal satisfaction? That's another question you refuse to answer.

How come?

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#720846 Apr 25, 2014
nanogonadanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Like you would ever offer the other cheek. Hypocrite.

Christians turning the other cheek is what scum like you are counting on in your struggle to dominate the political arena.
I'm not a christian and don't claim to follow the alleged jesus god, try to make others follow the alleged jesus god then try to get demented beliefs put into laws governing others whilst simultaneously ignoring all the alleged jesus god's "teachings", completely.

So your "I know you are but what am I" argument doesn't apply.

Religion has no business being in the political arena so I won't address that particular paranoid delusion of yours.

You go! Give in to your base desires! Spit that hate!

Yeeeehaw!

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#720847 Apr 25, 2014
<quoted text>thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
" In other words, do you think the government should be able to tell a woman whether or not she can get an abortion?"
Do you think the government is not controlled by religion on this matter?
All the abortion crap emanates from religion trying to tell women what to do with their own bodies. Pure religion, trying to control your body and your sex life.
Taking away your ability to choose for yourself what you want or don't want.

While I personally find abortion to be distasteful, my response to you is that women's uteri are not your private property, nor are they the property of the State or of your imaginary god.

DEAL WITH IT.
Very well stated.

#720848 Apr 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"I said "In God We Trust" first appeared on US currency in 1864.
How's that wrong?
It appeared ON COINS, not on currency. It appeared on our currency in But then, you knew that; you chose to be deceitful instead.

"A law passed by the 84th Congress (P.L. 84-140) and approved by the President on July 30, 1956, the President approved a Joint Resolution of the 84th Congress, declaring IN GOD WE TRUST the national motto of the United States. IN GOD WE TRUST was first used on paper money in 1957, when it appeared on the one-dollar silver certificate."

http://www.treasury.gov/about/education/Pages...

1957, Redneck; height of the cold war. You lose again.

You also refused to address the original Pledge of Allegiance, where "under God" was added in **1954.**

You deceitful empty scrotum.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#720849 Apr 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, if Eve was made from Adam's rib then Eve had the same DNA as Adam. That makes Eve a clone which, of course, makes Eve a man. So the question is:

That's a very good question :D

#720850 Apr 25, 2014
*Who else* believes that accused witches need to be burned? The muslims? They just cut people's heads off.
The Jews? I think not.
Christians? Well, that's what they did six hundred years ago, sooooo...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
So you don't know. You assume.
Uh-huh....
Look up the phrase "rhetorical question," dumbass. Only christians burn accused witches alive.

Location hidden

#720851 Apr 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, if Eve was made from Adam's rib then Eve had the same DNA as Adam. That makes Eve a clone which, of course, makes Eve a man. So the question is:
Correct me if I am wrong. Cloning, if I am right, is strictly done from DNA, not from one rib or organ. Eve was created from a rib of Adam's, not his DNA. So, to me your question and assertion does not make sense. Better question is: How do you make someone from a rib? But, more importantly is the question of: Is the creation story or any of the Bible and God stuff true? I can honestly say that I do not know. I only know what I have been taught or learned. I am going to study all that I can very deeply because I want to know if what I have learned all my life is true or not. I do know we came from somewhere. Where that is, is the question. And in no way do I think or believe that Eve was a man.:) I will ponder on that, but I do not see that even starting to make sense to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min truth 605,329
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min Remnant of 144000 39,382
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min KiMare 96,851
Moses never existed 13 min KiMare 824
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min Lumajuice 441,821
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min onemale 265,435
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 24 min Innocent Holy dr ... 33,170
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Liam 560,431
More from around the web