Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#720055 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It aint necessarily so wrote:
they can crucify themselves for all we care
<quoted text>
Problem? Oh just that you're telling people, Christians, to go kill themselves.
The pain has made him chronically cranky and taking it out on strangers makes him feel better, or at least, that's what he tells himself. Cranky only begets more crank.
Joy

Richmond, IN

#720056 Apr 23, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. Wow. Who would've guessed that somebody would write a book for people who can't read?
That's like inventing swimsuits for people who can't swim. or, or ,or,
um, inventing contact lenses for bats.
I can't believe you actually wrote this. <facepalm>
You do realize that the Bible was written by over 40 authors covering at least 6 literary genres over a period of 1500 years right?
Of course you're correct that a majority of people were illiterate, but most middle eastern cultures at that time were predominantly oral cultures. Creeds were created to aid tradents in passing on information within communities. This information was repeated back and forth between teacher and pupil until it was memorized in a very controlled environment and highly supervised manner. I know that somebody will be dumb enough to compare this to the game of 'telephone' which would be a bad analogy. I'll nip that in the bud before it can be brought up.
Think of it as saving somebody from making a stupid comparison.
In the game of telephone, information is passed from one person to another in whispered or hushed tones in rapid succession with very little repeating allowed. Oral tradition was a community event that was taught aloud and repeated back and forth until it was memorized verbatim. It was often conducted by witnesses to whatever event was being taught, so that it would be passed on to the community correctly.
The N.T. was written to preserve the oral traditions and aid tradents in reciting the historical accounts after the eyewitnesses themselves had passed away.
Now you know.
You're welcome.:)
Amen! Very thorough post. Thank you for enlightening and educating us.:) I appreciate it thoroughly.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#720057 Apr 23, 2014
Kapusta wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you?
Btw, this post is an inferno and it's hard to keep track of all the comments.
I don't know if you responded to my post to you about Yhwh only being a local deity worshipped by a few tribes and not the almighty creator as you claim.
If you did, would you repost your rebuttal?
If you didn't, then I honestly understand.
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
My best advice is to register and send me a private message if you want a serious conversation.
Tonight is Bible study so I may not answer your inquiry until much later.
Nice dodge.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#720058 Apr 23, 2014
soleil_olayy wrote:
You're such an idiot
Riverside Redneck is a staggeringly ignorant self-righteous bigoted redneck with the intellectual capacity of a mentally retarded child.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#720059 Apr 23, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Joy - welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.
a. Although this forum is not about Christianity, per se, it does indirectly converge with Christianity, because of it's god. But I think the forum is mainly for those who want to discuss the possibilities of ANY god existing.
b. "I do not want to hear about other religions/non-religions, rather just how Christianity is or is not correct or real. "
- well, we know Christianity is "real" because it exists in society.
- The questions you should be pondering are:
+ How accurate is Christianity and its teachings?
+ Where does "God" specifically state what texts are of "His inspiration" and which are not.
+ Why is there more of what "Paul" taught, than there is Jesus?
+ why doesn't Christianity accept these teachings by Jesus?
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html
As you can see - Christianity, as it was created by men, was created to control the thoughts and actions of men, because certain individuals didn't believe that men can do these things on their own, and would thus require guidance to a promoted "righteous lifestyle".
Well, as you know, Catholicism, the supposed guardians of this lifestyle, really haven't lived upto the expectations that they promote.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"As you can see...."
LMAO!
Just like that, huh? All you gotta do is post a few sentences and you think you've proven yourself right.
HA HA HA!!!
But...but...but isn't that what *you* do??
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey man, I've answered your questions several times, why do you keep repeating them?
Bull shit you have.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#720060 Apr 23, 2014
Joy wrote:
I am not ignorant.
Oh, yes you are. There is no god. Grow up!
Joy

Richmond, IN

#720061 Apr 23, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You say:
"A life is a life when the sperm and egg meet, period."
I'm sorry my dear, but thats just plain nuts.
What cult do you belong to?
Do you believe that you or your church should have control over all women's bodies?
No, it is a fact. That child was meant to be as soon as that sperm and egg come together.:) Thank you very much. I belong to no cult. I do not even consider myself anything but a believer and follower of God. For, my friend, I have experienced the truth. I do not ask you to believe it. I do not ask you to follow the ways I believe in. I urge you, my friend to follow what you believe. I will follow what I know to be the truth, the way, and the light. Peace, joy, love, and happiness!:) No, I believe in free will for all. I will state my beliefs and what I know and I will leave all to follow what they wish. Have a great and joyous day.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#720062 Apr 23, 2014
Joy wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, pffffftand just who are you to judge me? My religion and faith in God is not a cult. It is a belief, knowledge, and true experience of the God that exists. My daughter, thank you very much is free to choose what she believes and knows. This is her choice. Always has been Always will be. That is her free will to follow or not follow God. Peace, love, and happiness! Lmao, Anyone can ask her I am nothing but a loving parent who is and always will be there for my children.:) Bless you.
"It's only acceptable to judge others if you're a christian like me." - joy(?:/)

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#720063 Apr 23, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop ignoring the posts and read them.
Suspected Witches Burned Alive by Christians in Kenya, Africa (2009 through 2013)
http://thetaleofbittertruth.wordpress.com/201 ...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22276 ...
"I was witnessing a horrific practice which appears to be on the increase in Kenya - the lynching of people accused of being witches.
I personally saw the burning alive of five elderly men and women in Itii village."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8119201.stm
Your religion is still burning people alive.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Seen that video. Nothing in it proves that the people being burned are witches or the people doing the burning are Christians.
Still at war against reality, are you?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's assumed by assholes like you.
As you once said, once you start insulting people, you've lost the argument. I guess that doesn't apply to *you,* though, does it? Christian?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>If you can provide evidence that Christians are actually burning witches, please provide it and we'll discuss it.
He did.

You deny it exists.

You're at war with reality.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#720064 Apr 23, 2014
Joy wrote:
It would not matter if God himself appeared and performed the greatest feats of proof. You would still deny it.
Projection is an instinctive defense mechanism for religiously retarded imbeciles like you. The truth is you're in denial of your mental illness and should professional treatment immediately instead of making a complete ass of yourself in an international forum.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#720065 Apr 23, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The pain has made him chronically cranky and taking it out on strangers makes him feel better, or at least, that's what he tells himself. Cranky only begets more crank.
I thought crank is what they call meth.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#720066 Apr 23, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Extremely Sorry. I always put in the link to my references....except when I forget, and I truly try not to.
I didn't even notice till you posted this.
Thank you
In this case I thought I did as much of a search as was required for the subject. I didn't feel I had to do a synthesis of ALL the data there is for the subject.
The case for Moses not writing the Pentateuch was brought up by Julius Wellhausen, and others, as early as the 1700's and I believe a good number of Biblical scholars subscribe to this notion today.
I have more if you really want to get into this.
Again, thank you.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll go by Jesus' words.
"He said to them,“This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."
Jesus never said anything. He never existed. He was just a myth, based on older myths.

You know, myths?
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#720067 Apr 23, 2014
Joy wrote:
So, we are responsible for what everyone who was or is a Christian has or will ever do?
Christianity is a death-denying hate cult for feeble-minded, weak-willed and insecure cretins like you who'd rather be willing slaves to ignorance, intolerance and violence inciting dogma than bravely accept their own mortality and learn to think for themselves.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#720068 Apr 23, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
You defend the religion responsible for humans being burned alive over a fictional story book.
How does it feel to be slower than a bloke on strong Chemo meds?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does not say to burn sorcerers.
That's the ignorant assumption of people like you.
It says you "shall not allow them to live."

The method of killing is purely a matter of personal christian preference.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#720069 Apr 23, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Rosa, Yeah it's Beautiful here right now. I been in the mountains this morn hunting Mushrooms. so Peaceful, the Birds are singing Happily, the Air is Fresh, A Peaceful Easy Feeling..
Now I'm jealous. LOL
Joy

Richmond, IN

#720070 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither. She claimed that I said that America is a Christian nation because Christians are the majority.
I never said that,
America is a Christian nation because of our Christian-based laws.
Yes, because America's government was founded on Christianity. Freedom of religion is included in that. However, it was founded on Christianity, on the foundation of the Christian God. Am I right or wrong here GW?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#720071 Apr 23, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Science can answer that. The egg came first by about 600 million years.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you're just gonna throw numbers around..
8000 million years. Yay!
Okay...
When the Bible was written, most people believed the universe was eternal. Science has proven them wrong and Bible correct. See Genesis 1:1.
You've snapped.

When the buybull was written, people believed the Earth was flat. You probably still do.

I'll take the fossil record over your buybull any day.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#720072 Apr 23, 2014
Joy wrote:
My religion and faith in God is not a cult.
Christianity is a cult and the most violent cult in human history at that. God is a delusion created by brain chemistry brains on god are almost identical to those hallucinating on psychedelic drugs. You should stop deluding yourself and seek the professional help you desperately need.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#720073 Apr 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought crank is what they call meth.
That's what the car is supposed to do.
If it doesn't we just stay there. lol

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#720074 Apr 23, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're making the inference that in order to "communicate" with your deity would necessitate a hallucinogen.
Good job.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.......... God handed him a business card.....
Acid trip.
Yeah.......... "God" talks to you.

Moonshine intoxication.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min kent 688,433
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 14 min NotSoDivineMsM 36,021
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Here For Now 619,810
How did black people get here ( economically) 6 hr Doctor REALITY 44
We do NOT need any walls! 6 hr Johnny 31
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 11 hr RFD 12
Chinese are dishonest, greedy and cold-blooded. (Jan '14) 16 hr Doctor REALITY 55
More from around the web