My four got to suckle away until their tummies were full
Mine five got, so.....

“Keep calm and use logic.”

Since: Apr 14

Los Angeles, CA.

#719384 Apr 22, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It's a very real process used by police officers, investigators, and historians. I'm a professional historian.:)
That's nice, want a cookie? If you are a historian,(I'm not saying you aren't) then how could you not see how rediculous these self proclaimed transmundane stories are?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#719385 Apr 22, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Look around you at all the wild life in the world and tell us that there is no struggle. Loon.

The Wilderness
holds answers
to questions
man has not yet
learned to ask.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#719386 Apr 22, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
"They also like to employ the fallacy "Law of excluded middle", or as Aristotle put it: With contradictory propositions (where one proposition is the opposite of the other) one must be true, and the other false. No if ands or buts with these people."
Nothing is just Black and White....there is always grays. Except in art and religion of course.
Now take religion:
Either one of the thousands of cults are right....
Or none of them are.
No in between.
Please vote now.:-)
If a story in a book about a deity, or the belief a person has is proof enough of a deity being real, then all deities are real.

If a story in a book about a deity, or the belief a person has in a deity isn't proof enough of a deity being real.

Then none of the deities are real.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#719387 Apr 22, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Oops, I stumbled and "accidentally" fell on that penis...over and over again!
You should be more careful, sir.
Joy

Richmond, IN

#719388 Apr 22, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
RR is all about finding excuses for his religion.
It is refreshing to find a Christian that is reflective on these issues.
Thank you I do not believe that the loving God I know would ask such awful things of us and I know and believe that the only way to learn and understand is to ask questions and find the answers. It is also refreshing for me to not be attacked but instead be helped to learn and find the answers.

“Keep calm and use logic.”

Since: Apr 14

Los Angeles, CA.

#719389 Apr 22, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Like a kitten. I had just stepped out of the bathtub and heard the oddest sound and looked around...nothing, nobody there...and then it happened again. I tried to tell myself it was just tummy "sounds" but then it came again. There was no mistaking it for anything but crying and that sound has never come from my tummy since then.
At the delivery she was crying as soon as her head cleared the uterus. The doctor was startled and said she was eager to be heard. No need to spat her bottom for a reaction!
Her prenatal hiccups were very unsettling. Everybody else thought it was cool, I didn't.
Crying before birth is actually more common than you think, the condition is called "vagitus uterinus".

Location hidden

#719390 Apr 22, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You quote:
"Matthew 19:28-30 "Jesus said to them,“Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first."
Doesn't this make you think that Jesus was just talking about the Jews, and his religion has nothing to do with the rest of the world? He was, after all, a Rabbi of the Jewish faith. How do Christians put a spin on this I wonder?
He was Savior of All. He mentions Gentiles Doesn't He? If he did, then of course he wasn't just talking about Jews. Kingdom Of God Is Within Us All. He ( Jesus) was trying to Enlighten the very people of that, that Crucified.Him.. They (High Priest) were treating God, like a Corporation..that's my spin

Location hidden

#719391 Apr 22, 2014
JaclynNoel wrote:
<quoted text>
Crying before birth is actually more common than you think, the condition is called "vagitus uterinus".
Really ? I've had a few "jump time" on me, but didn't know they had a medical term for it, next time it happens, i can tell her it's ok, it was just that "vagitus uterinus" hahahaha!!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Santorini Greece

#719392 Apr 22, 2014
“...there’s an invisible teddy bear who sustains the universe, and without my Ineffable Teddy there would be no cosmos. But nobody can see that Bear, for he is the Ursine Ground of Being: ineffable and undetectable even though his Bearness permeates and supports everything. Without that Bear, the universe could not function, much less exist.”....Jerry Coyne
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/116251/bes...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#719393 Apr 22, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:

This is an interesting question. In ancient times, during the leadership of Moses, the populace of Israel was predominantly nomadic. Circumcision was actually a cleanliness ritual that later took on a religious tradition. In ancient times, any disease could wipe out an entire population. It wasn't uncommon for a group to kill or banish an entire family to prevent the spread of some kind of sickness. Circumcision became a humane way to minimize illness via STDs in the polygamous culture of ancient Israel. It was carried on as a religious tradition after the exodus period because the priests were the ones who did the healing of people. It became unnecessary after the Israelis became settled in their own land. But the priests kept insisting on it merely for the sake of tradition. This is why Paul took the strong position against circumcision after his conversion. He recognized it for the empty and meaningless tradition it had become.
Spiritual purity still applies in our own day among those who respect the covenant of marriage and sexual purity. While the world at large celebrates promiscuity, the biblical view celebrates sex as an intimate and sacred part of marriage that serves to strengthen the marital bonds of love. By doing so, the married couple is free from disease or emotional distress because of exploitation.
I read Phil Robertson's book, Happy, Happy, Happy. It was an interesting tale, the first parts of the book were mostly about his early life, his upbringing, his personal trials and tribulations and his fallout with God. Later on in the book he went on to talk about sexual immorality and how many godless people see it today. He wrote something along the lines of what you're saying, that an intimate married couple will always be free from disease so long as they follow the teachings of the Bible, so long as they stay monogamous with each other.

He also wrote something interesting, that possibly all the sexually-transmitted diseases that we are seeing today are caused by God in an effort to punish the sexually immoral.

It seems out there, but it also seems plausible. It also goes back to the cleanliness and purity that the Bible teaches and the importance of not being sexually promiscuous.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#719394 Apr 22, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Boy, you sure are stupid.
"Boy"?

o.O

Yes, massa

Location hidden

#719395 Apr 22, 2014
Fleetwood Mac

Sara (live '79)

Love Stevie Nicks

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#719396 Apr 22, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
“So I assume that you hold the opinion that school prayer should not exist in public schools, it's something that taxpayers shouldn't pay for, it's something that should be between the parents and the child.”
No need to say public prayers in schools....this is just a stealth way of trying to establish Christianity as the dominant player in EVERYBODIES life
Why do you think its necessary to have prayers in public schools?
Do you also support teaching creationism in high school science classes?
You write:
“So. Why is it that taxpayers should pay for sex ed when clearly that's also a private matter that should be the responsibility of the parents, not publicly funded schools, not MY tax money?
Damn, you're sure a tea bagger.
Historically parents do not teach the things kids need to know about sex. Can't you just picture a mom or dad holding a cucumber and showing how to put on a condom to their sons and daughters? Never happen.
Tax payers pay for sex education in schools because it's in their best interest. A few dollars per kid on education verses thousands of dollars on hospitals and probably, at least, some welfare. Not talking about 'welfare Queens' here—just the everyday unplanned teen pregnancy.
I'm much more concerned about the US government giving away my/our money (trillion$) to foreign countries as a kind of bribery to follow our policies.
You didn't understand that the first paragraph was just a leader into the second? Huh...

Anyway, what do you mean "parents do not teach the things kids need to know about sex"?! What kind of a parent are you? I've been teaching my kids for over a decade now on the importance of being responsible with sex and my wife has been teaching them the truthful craziness of women.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#719397 Apr 22, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No explanation was given. I suspect the same physical mechanism that allowed the hiccups allowed the crying.
The entire pregnancy was unusual. My "water" didn't break, the doctor had to pierce it and there was no liquid present at all, just air. Tough and dry.
Yeah, yeah, yuk it up.
I heard my own gestation and birth was extremely unusual though completely different than hers.
It makes one appreciate "being" when there seems to be so many things that can keep you from it. Every birth is a victory for life.
Oh yeah this is good stuff

*barf*

Can you please go into explicit detail about the placenta? Size, color, texture, smell, etc. All of it. Details, details, details!

*barf*

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#719398 Apr 22, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I can agree with that.
Why do you suppose religion is so divisive a topic?
I can't answer for other people. I can tell you what I thought as an agnostic. I didn't like being judged by anyone, deity or human. Period.

I think for many people, the same is true. For others, not so much.

I don't think that religion poisons man. I take the opposite view. Man poisons religion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#719399 Apr 22, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You quote:
"Matthew 19:28-30 "Jesus said to them,“Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first."
Doesn't this make you think that Jesus was just talking about the Jews, and his religion has nothing to do with the rest of the world? He was, after all, a Rabbi of the Jewish faith. How do Christians put a spin on this I wonder?
Interestingly enough, it was the Jews that (illegally) tried and had Jesus executed.

Anyway, consider this....

When did Jesus sit down on His throne?

When He says the word "throne", is He referring to an actual chair or do you think He's referring to bishops and/or overseers?

And when He says "judge the 12 tribes of Israel", what Israel is He talking about and when did His apostles ever judge?

Go.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#719400 Apr 22, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
"They also like to employ the fallacy "Law of excluded middle", or as Aristotle put it: With contradictory propositions (where one proposition is the opposite of the other) one must be true, and the other false. No if ands or buts with these people."
Nothing is just Black and White....there is always grays. Except in art and religion of course.
Now take religion:
Either one of the thousands of cults are right....
Or none of them are.
No in between.
Please vote now.:-)
Nothing is black and white? Seriously?

Shall we test of that? Okay.

Are you alive today?

Will you die someday?

Both of those questions have either a yes (black & white) or no (black & white) answer.

You sure you want to stick with where you're going?

“Faith = Trust”

Location hidden

#719401 Apr 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
He also wrote something interesting, that possibly all the sexually-transmitted diseases that we are seeing today are caused by God in an effort to punish the sexually immoral.
I would agree that sexually transmitted diseases are allowed to exist. I don't believe they are caused by any deity, good or bad. They're a consequence of rejection of God. Not caused by God.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It seems out there, but it also seems plausible. It also goes back to the cleanliness and purity that the Bible teaches and the importance of not being sexually promiscuous.
It only seems plausible to me if we consider the fall of humanity. We rejected God's rules and so He withdrew from our presence. Because He withdrew, the world began to rot. Disease crept in and here we are. We (humanity) told God to get lost and so He did. It was His presence that kept us safe.

“Faith = Trust”

Location hidden

#719403 Apr 22, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You're assuming that a tomb existed.
<quoted text>
Impossible.
According to the bible, anyway.It says in the bible that his descendants would be enslaved for 400 years. Then they'd inherit the land of Canaan.
How do they know that happened? Later on, in the bible, the bible says it happened. It doesn't matter that there's no evidence of that happening. Why?
Because the bible said it did.
http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/scaritual/m...
Not because the bible says it happened, but because history says it happened. I'm the historian here. You are not.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min Epiphany2 603,651
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 10 min Classic 1,854
Gay massages Abu Dhabi 10 min jani jaan 20
Got nembutal at last! (Dec '13) 28 min Rishab 19
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 41 min Les Belles Chauss... 1,254
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 58 min who 263,551
NWO...New And Terrible Masters 1 hr truth 7
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 3 hr Johnny 924
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 554,982
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 14 hr zafar 1,183