Prove there's a god.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#719506 Apr 22, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>I was never aware that being a "historian" meant you could verify "supernatural" claims.

You should be featured in - all - world news reports in the next few days, no?

Tell me, werewolves, real or no?
Of course they are. There are several books about werewolves.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#719507 Apr 22, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
That's so beautiful, thank you for your contributions.
I agree.
The utterly despicable completely brainwashed death-denying coward Ghost Writer could post in this forum daily for the rest of his pathetic life and never accept any irrefutable historical or scientific fact in contradiction to his Christian programming. He's a complete waste of a sperm cell.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#719509 Apr 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The Really Real Witch! wrote:
Someone should take all these fundies and load them on a giant cruise ship and send them off into the middle of the Arctic Ocean; and then sink the ship.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The funny thing is, Arr Arr thinks that can really happen. He has no idea of the meaning of the word "facetious," as in, "I was being...."

Yet he's allowed to seriously pray for my death.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#719510 Apr 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My five
Mine five
What's the biggie? It's still played off her "my four got"
Pun on forgot...
My forgot
My four got
My five got
Sheesh. I've never had to explain a joke in such detail...
I just enjoy observing the mechanics of your deceit in your efforts to not look stupid.
After you realized your initial reply was completely absurd, look at the tactics you employed to cover it up, You could have pasted the original reply, but you chose to write it so you could change "mine" to "my" in a vain attempt to make yourself look less ridiculous. It may appear that I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but this is your usual modus operandi and it's becoming very tiresome.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#719511 Apr 22, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
“...there’s an invisible teddy bear who sustains the universe, and without my Ineffable Teddy there would be no cosmos. But nobody can see that Bear, for he is the Ursine Ground of Being: ineffable and undetectable even though his Bearness permeates and supports everything. Without that Bear, the universe could not function, much less exist.”....Jerry Coyne
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/116251/bes...
Great article!
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#719512 Apr 22, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
I don't think that religion poisons man.
Stop deluding yourself, punk! Mindlessly repeating your Christian programming isn't thinking Religious brainwashing poisons minds and divides cultural groups.
gort

Germany

#719513 Apr 22, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
The utterly despicable completely brainwashed death-denying coward Ghost Writer could post in this forum daily for the rest of his pathetic life and never accept any irrefutable historical or scientific fact in contradiction to his Christian programming. He's a complete waste of a sperm cell.
Amalgam is an utterly despicable completely brainwashed hell bound coward. She could post on this forum daily for the rest of her pathetic life and never accept any irrefutable historical or scientific facts in contradiction of her indoctrinated, hallucinogenic self-deluded garbage no one believes.
how did christ become the central figure in all of history?
Reflecting upon the 2,000 year history of the failed efforts to deny the authenticity and accuracy of the gospels, is a powerful and not so subtle hint at their veracity.
If you don't believe the reports of Christ's life, you are free to reject them. The proof is in the records we have. No one has proven they are inaccurate in any way. Ever. Reject them if that helps you. That is entirely on you.
never wrote anything down. no education. no money. no family influence. no musical talent. no attempt to obtain power. said he was god. god! family wasn't behind him. no marrying into money. no kids. no form nor comeliness others desired. butchered and murdered and forgave his killers and brought a thief to paradise the same day he died.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#719514 Apr 22, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You have placed yourself the 5th stupidest person in topix. Relish in in this fact, and bask in the darkness of without illumination.
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>No, someone else did that for me but no one has evidence for it. How does motion come from non-motion again? You say things are possible but never back it up, and then cry about others not providing evidence for a claim. Why do I care what you nutjobs rate me as? You're worse than immature little kids.
So, can you prove there's a god?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#719515 Apr 22, 2014
Pokay wrote:
I'm calling it like I see it, not insulting just to distract attention from what is said.

I still don't believe that you care about the people themselves.

You seem to be even more hypnotized than the religious are.

I find it disturbing that you think there would be peace if you could just eliminate religion.

I see you enjoy wasting your life.
You call it like you see it, huh? Not insulting just for the sake of insulting? Nonsense.

You don't see me not caring about people. There is nothing hypnotized about me for taking a position against religion, and I'm certainly not more hypnotized that people that believe in magic on faith. I never said anything to justify your comment that I want to eliminate religion or that my reason for objecting to it had anything to do with peace. And you have no idea how I spend my life apart from the posts you read, or whether I waste it.

You cannot see any of that, and it's no coincidence that it's all negative, which belies your initial comment..

And why do you do it? Because you simply don't approve of my anti-religious stand.

Perhaps you can't see how you're another part of the reason that I have the such strong anti-religious sentiments. Look what it's done to you and your judgment. It captured you. It's enlisted you to come to its defense and strike at those who declaim it for no better reason than that they do that.

This quotation describes you:

“This is the power of faith to enslave the human mind. This is how faith poisons everything. This is why it's important to stop people from being enslaved by religion in the first place. Once it's taken hold, we will go to almost any length to preserve it.”– Wm Hamby

And it seems that you too will go to great lengths to defend that miserable institution and societal parasite. It's parasitized you. You serve it blindly and mindlessly.

Of course I care about people. I care that what happened to you not happen to others. It's captured your loyalty and impaired your judgment to the point that you simply see this collection of unbelievers as bad and wrong, and somebody like nanoanomaly as good and right. If that isn't being hypnotized, what is?

And this is an excellent way for me to spend part of my life. It's constructive for me and others.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#719516 Apr 22, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
It only seems plausible to me if we consider the fall of humanity. We rejected God's rules and so He withdrew from our presence. Because He withdrew, the world began to rot. Disease crept in and here we are. We (humanity) told God to get lost and so He did. It was His presence that kept us safe.
Thank you for demonstrating that you're a stark raving mad insane lunatic who should be institutionalized immediately for professional treatment of your very serious mental illness.

Your imaginary friend doesn't make rules. Rational people are appalled at the ignorance and intolerance of brainwashed religious cultists like you. Preying religious cults with violence inciting dogma and their mindless followers like you are the greatest threat to humanity, you sick f*ck!
gort

Germany

#719517 Apr 22, 2014
no one has proven he was of this world.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#719518 Apr 22, 2014
scaritual wrote:
Argument from your own authority, when it is only recognized by yourself as being so, is a fallacy of the grandest proportions.
The dangerously delusional Ghost Writer has an ego comparable to the infamous Butthead, yet both have the intellectual capacity of mentally retarded children.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#719519 Apr 22, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
Yep! that's hubris....
Ghost Writer is a certifiably insane whack job and such a mentally ill individual should be confined to an institution. Of course, the same can be said of Riverside Redneck and other fundies in this forum.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#719520 Apr 22, 2014
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, no, I think she is very accurate when she says you guys all gang on an opposer until you wear them out. You guys can get pretty nasty; I repeat, I've been around, I see it for myself. It happened to me time and time again when I used to be on here more.
Nanoanal could run over a flock of nuns with an SUV right in front of your face, and you wouldn't see it. You christians always stick together, no matter how vile one of you may be.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#719521 Apr 22, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>How would you characterize Witchy or Scrooge's comments? I don;t think there is a "usual" category that "low".
<quoted text>
If only it were true....*sigh...*
You can't say you didn't earn that comment.
<quoted text>
In your dreams.
<quoted text>
Too bad. Your suicide would be a public service.
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>You're a model human being.
I know.
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I can't imagine a world full of people like you. There would be no peace even if you eradicated religion.
I don't want to eradicate religion. I just don't want you Abrahamists shoving yours on me.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#719522 Apr 22, 2014
gort wrote:
Amalgam is an utterly despicable completely brainwashed hell bound
Hell was created to control lily-livered cowards like you who don't have the guts to accept their own mortality.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#719523 Apr 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I see.
You're an atheist, yes? Yes. Ok, good.
So I assume that you hold the opinion that school prayer should not exist in public schools, it's something that taxpayers shouldn't pay for, it's something that should be between the parents and the child.
Ok.
So. Why is it that taxpayers should pay for sex ed when clearly that's also a private matter that should be the responsibility of the parents, not publicly funded schools, not MY tax money?
Also, why should tax money supply free condoms or birth control pills and not the person wanting sex?
Why oh why?
Yo RR.

If I can take a stab at this one. Irresponsible sexual behaviour leads to unexpected/unwanted pregnancy, true, but much, much worse, it leads to STD's.

I don't think anyone of the posters here understands the terrible effect that HIV has here in Africa. That is good, believe me. Because the reality is very damn far from the First World's view on it.

We have kids in this country that starts to sexually experiment before 10 years old. Poorer kids, even young ones, would wait at roadside an offer sexual favours in exchange for transport. Can you wrap your head around that one for a second? The effect of these scenarios are horrific. Parents die (in time) off, leaving kids 11-12 years old in charge of households.

And then this thing goes in a vicious cycle. Those boys and girls have to leave school to help keep the family alive. They try and find work, which pays very little (I am talkin maybe 5-10 USD per day). What do you think girls go and do?

No. Sex Ed is something you guys absolutely gotta have. You do not want to slide to the Third World here. Kids have got to learn that the sex act can have serious, even devastating, consequences. And if they do decide to practice, for god's sake, wear a condom.

I hope my answer is sufficient

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#719524 Apr 22, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
You are full of it Pokay. What the heck has happened to you in the couple of years since I last talked to you on Topixs? You used to be interested in things, never took sides even tho you said you did have one experience that made you ask questions. Believe me I have not forgotten you. Now you pick one Topix bully to hide beneath their skirts as the two of you go your rounds of threads. You talk about going back 100 pages but go back a couple of years and see who is the bully. And you want to be a part of that. Shame on you. You are no longer the pacifist, peace maker you say you are.
Good call. I think that you have reinforced my description of him in my last post as somebody who has been parasitized and enlisted into the service of defending some pretty unsavory characters and institutions.

And of course you are correct to point out the absurdity of this provocateur claiming to be an agent of peace while simultaneously selectively attacking posters based solely on their orientation to religion. Such choices are not about peace, but about flaming a dispute even to the point of taking the side of a poster like nanoanomaly - one of the most vile and abrasive posters on Topix. To do so is to be an enabler of strife and chaos.

Practicing making assessments like these is certainly a benefit of the message board experience, and is hardly a waste of time. Where else would something like this happen in either of our lives? Nowhere else in mine.
gort

Netherlands

#719525 Apr 22, 2014
Thank you for demonstrating that you're a stark raving mad insane lunatic who should be institutionalized immediately for professional treatment of your very serious mental illness.

Your imaginary friend doesn't make rules. Rational people are appalled at the ignorance and intolerance of brainwashed atheists/cultists like you. Preying athie cults with violence inciting dogma and their mindless followers like you are the greatest threat to humanity, you sick f*ck!

The dangerously delusional Amalgam has an ego comparable to the infamous Butthead, yet both have the intellectual capacity of mentally retarded children.

amalgam, i love you

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#719526 Apr 22, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, no. Hiccups happen because a baby ingests amniotic fluid, even though this occurs by "breathing in" the fluid, it is a digestive mechanism, no air required.
I should've been more specific. How can a baby cry, without breathing oxygen/air?
It's nice to see that you can appreciate something.
If they can hiccup without breathing they can cry too.

"You" are not the last word on anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 6
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 2 hr Doctor REALITY 9
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 hr revcomparty link 51,442
servpro sucks (Apr '08) 3 hr Picnic 38
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Holy dr Shrink 693,103
Gf gave me a dog, but it died. How to tell her? 7 hr Kelvin68 1
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 7 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,467
More from around the web