Prove there's a god.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#718725 Apr 21, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
Wow Pokay, show me some proof that there is a bunch of people planning to genetically alter all of humanity. Lets see it. You have always been the chatter box of Topix and keep on talking and contradicting yourself till by the end of your threads, you would think a politician had been here, talking 30 minutes, but saying nothing.
Put up or shut up.
Show me proof there are people planning anything. My neighbor might be planning to shoot me one day but I won't know until it happens. Harris has mentioned the idea of removing certain genes. I don't remember the details.

The chatter box of topix? I'm usually gone from here most of the year. I just come back once in awhile to see that you guys are still up to your same ol BS. What would you call Kaitlyn then? That guy takes up entire pages himself. IANS can do that as well.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#718726 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They were given the laws to differentiate themselves from the rest of the known world. To define them as true monotheists.
Laws are universal and unchanging or they are inconsistent? What kind of stupid thing to say is that?! Laws change all the time all over the world.
They are inconsistent with "your" theology...and you obviously recognize the of that fact of that reality.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#718727 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the freethinkers do.
You know, those freethinkers that are taught by the other freethinkers to all freethink the same freethoughts?
Only the second dumbest person in topix could come up with that!

Location hidden

#718728 Apr 21, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
Nice post. Have you read " The Devils Delusion: Atheism And Its Scientific Pretensions" by David Berlinski? It's a good read so far.:)
I've heard of it, but no. Sounds interesting. I'm guessing it has to do with Atheism making it look like science has answers it doesn't have in order to promote itself.

Science is grand and should be pure; what better way to explore our curiosity, but limits are limits. We don't know what we don't know.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#718729 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? I have plans for my sons, I don't know if they'll follow them, I sure hope that they will. But just like God doesn't control my actions (or your actions), I can't control my sons actions.
Whether or not God has a plan for me doesn't mean anything about what my actions are going to be.
Knowing that something is going to happen and causing that thing to happen are completely different.
if the god knows in advance all that I shall do.....

he is morally responsible for and damage I inflict upon society.

also

He knew I could not believe, and would be an atheist, and that my soul would be lost to eternal damnation, AND he created me with such knowledge.

this god is my enemy, this god is the most vile entity ever imagined. He has the power NOT to create me, but chose instead to condemn me for eternity, because I have intellect.

he could have made me as stupid and uneducated as you, but he did not.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#718730 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Put yourself in the place of the fetus, do you want somebody deciding for you whether or not you get to live?
And don't tell me "you don't get decide what a woman does with her body", because as soon as that female fetus is aborted, someone chose for her didn't they?
I don't care what the fetus thinks....it knows nothing; does it even think? The mother is the ultimate decider in these cases. Does she want to set aside 18 years of her life to the raising of a child, sometimes from a sexual predator, or does she want to finish her schooling, travel the world, sit upon a mountain top, drive a formula 1 race car, etc., etc.?

YOU do not get to decide what a women chooses to do with their own body.

Suppose your wife were raped and got pregnant....would she have the ultimate say over what she did with that fetus?

Would you, or do you think you should have ultimate responsibility?

Would you want the church or government to intervene and tell her what she could or could not do?

There is only one answer to the dilemma....the women has ultimate control over HER OWN body.

Take your right wing fundamentalist fantasies and shove em'

Just as you do yours.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#718731 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism:
The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.
Christianity: The belief that a supreme being turned itself human just to sacrifice itself to itself to save its own creations from the wrath of itself.

Evolution is true.....

#718732 Apr 21, 2014
“...your faith has no foundation in fact."--R. Ingersall

A rally cry for the atheist or agnostic....shove it in the 'Christians face.

Location hidden

#718733 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You've offered no proof,
Why don't you just get on with it? Prove me wrong, shut me up, make me look foolish, provide your damn proof.
no one does a better job of that than you

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#718734 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know because you haven't studied the Bible.
So what's your excuse then?

Location hidden

#718735 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity has been in our government since its inception.
<quoted text>
Yeah, you can also "cast spells"...
<quoted text>
Public policy is about opinion, not truth. Some people have the opinion that abortions should be 100% illegal, some people have the opinion that abortions should be 100% legal. There is no truth either way to which side is correct.
no truth in your statement

Evolution is true.....

#718736 Apr 21, 2014
The last two lines of post #718730 somehow got reversed....bad Libre Office and Linux...or maybe Acer.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#718737 Apr 21, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
I agree with you, but want to ask you a question.
Are you quite old and that's why you gall folks "kid," or is that just your style?
I don't consider myself "quite old", but I do consider brainwashed godbots to have the intellectual capacity of mentally retarded children. I suppose it's actually insulting to rational children to refer to the mentally retarded by choice as "kid".

Location hidden

#718738 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not just about God. If you would've read that in detail and with an open mind you would've caught the "that would make itself into a god" part. But you didn't. So because you ignore the first commandment, you're probably wouldn't recognize when a person like Stalin would be trying to turn himself into a God.
THAT is how it's moral for everyone. It keeps you a check.
wha?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#718739 Apr 21, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
If I flew to Riverside to prove to you I have hands, you'd question me on are they original, or hand transplants from a donor. Battlling RR logic is a definite no-win proposition, so I refuse to try. You never sought to emulate your "other" successful brother? Seems odd...
Successful? You're assuming he was successful because he lived in Palos Verdes?

Quit assuming. He worked at a tire store and rented a room from somebody in Palos Verdes, he wasn't successful.

Location hidden

#718740 Apr 21, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Might want to discuss that "hate" thing with nano and waaaashole.
And I don't see too many fundy Muslims in this forum.
Nano doesn't hate, she's just tired of getting treated unfairly and nothing seems to get through, so I guess it's no wonder. Why do you keep making me talk about nano? Tell her, start by saying, "Pokay is saying that you never drew first blood."

If it matters that much, then next time I'm bored (which will be next winter) I'll go back to the beginning of this thread and search for who drew first blood. Of course, this thread may have spilled over from another thread as well, so it might be hard to figure out, but I bet she did not draw first

There are no "fundy Muslims" here? Well, first of all, that's besides the point. I asked a question and that question is not invalidated by this comment. My question was, "what is so vicious about the average Western Christian"?

Second, ask Ben Dover why he doesn't go to a forum that does have vicious Muslims on it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718741 Apr 21, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Your grammar is abysmal.
It was a joke on IANS, Catch.

He wrote to nano:

"You're god is weak."
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#718742 Apr 21, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
Tyson is a sloppy drunk and and an idiot who simply reads lines off a teleprompter.
He has one of the brightest minds alive today. You on the other hand are amongst the most retarded and revolting redneck c*nts alive today.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718743 Apr 21, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"We have heard talk enough. We have listened to all the drowsy, idealess, vapid sermons that we wish to hear. We have read your Bible and the works of your best minds. We have heard your prayers, your solemn groans and your reverential amens. All these amount to less than nothing. We want one fact. We beg at the doors of your churches for just one little fact. We pass our hats along your pews and under your pulpits and implore you for just one fact. We know all about your mouldy wonders and your stale miracles. We want a this year's fact. We ask only one. Give us one fact for charity. Your miracles are too ancient. The witnesses have been dead for nearly two thousand years." — Robert Green Ingersoll, "The Gods" (1872)
See?

Who cares what an agnostic has to say about God.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#718744 Apr 21, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
then what was that Miracle that i saw last June 30, 2011 ?
It's been explained to you repeatedly that you witnessed nothing more than a magic trick, kid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Drumpf Disaster 7,649
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Charlie Sheen 286,546
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Anthony MN 681,908
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 38 min Whiskey Ben Solo 123,757
Exit the Jewtrix-Free Conspiracy Documentary 1 hr Sparrow 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,370
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 8 hr Ron Paul Liberty 170
More from around the web