“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#718237 Apr 20, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Until you get sued in federal court.
Your religion has no place in the government.
Well you just acted like your chickenshit self and ignored the bulk of my post. Again.

The US Constitution doesn't agree with you, read;

It does not violate the First Amendment, the First Amendment is very clear in that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof".

There is no "wall of separation", that's an atheist driven urban myth. The US Constitution, the First Amendment, says that Congress cannot enforce a national religion and it cannot make laws prohibiting the free exercise of religion.

That means I get to pray where ever I choose. That means the members of Congress get to open with a prayer if they choose. That means the attendees of a chess tournament can open with a prayer if they choose. That means the members at a realtor meeting can open with a prayer if they choose.

That also means you get to make a circle of rocks, draw a pentagram in the dirt, start a fire and pray to the full moon, if you choose.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#718238 Apr 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Translation: "Wow, that's what Kaitlin says whenever she shoots down my beloved Riverside Redneck with the truth---I think I'll steal it from her! Thanks, Kaitlin, you're a hell of a lot smarter than I am, I could never think of this on my own!!"
You've got nothing worth stealing, loser.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#718239 Apr 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it was a handful of mud spontaneously became conscious and turned into a dinosaur.
Maybe....
Without your Magic Sky Daddy to breath life into it ?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718240 Apr 20, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yup, if it isn't publicly funded then bystanders should turn their heads the other way. It's called "tolerance" of other peoples' right to do with their minds as they please. Talk about nutjob Thought Police.
These asses need to get a grip and leave their bunker once in a while.
The Topix Atheist! knows nothing of tolerance. They're only tolerant of those that think exactly like them.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718241 Apr 20, 2014
It didn't resurrect. That's just a myth.
Surprise!
Is *that* your evidence?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#718242 Apr 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim that you believe in Jesus and God and then turn around and say this? You are a mess.
I don't believe Jesus is God and I don't believe in your evil deity.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718243 Apr 20, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>And now the wanker will pretend not to have seen your quotes, change the subject, disappear or, all of the above.
Or they'll pull their favorite little game of "it means whatever the reader wants it to mean", just like they've been doing with the Constitution.

In their eyes, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" means schoolteachers can't pray in class, members of Congress can't pray before session, free people at a chess tournament can't pray before the tournament, and somehow or another it also means that if you do pray in public, you can get sued in federal court.

These idiots are so fucking stupid I can't believe it.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#718244 Apr 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What people celebrated in ancient Greece is not the same thing is what people celebrate in modern America.
They didn't have chocolate in ancient Greece. Other than that, same Spring-Rebirth rituals.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718245 Apr 20, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't kill imaginary characters, don't worry.
I am not an imaginary character.

Christians aren't imaginary characters.

Your killer friends are talking about killing me, killing all fundamentalists and wishing death on everyone who is Christian.

And here you are, supporting them.

can I please, please, please become an atheist....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718246 Apr 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>What does that have to do with it? Am I trying to promote biblical ceremonial law? And my trying to promote biblical civil law?

Do you even know the difference?
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant. We are not ancient Israelites.
So you don't know the difference.

You could've just said that.

This, among many other ignorant reasons, is why you're an atheist. You just don't know.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#718247 Apr 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No they don't. They have a clear-cut meeting and it's written right there for all to see. You keep going on with this "whatever each reader chooses them to mean" bullshit. Do you put that same mentality into medical journals?

[QUOTE]
Wasn't he supposed to be a god? Do you assume all of the same rights as your god? Will you also judge me and take vengeance by condemning me to suffer like your god?"

No, Jesus wasn't supposed to be a god, He is God.

I cannot pass eternal judgment on you, that's between you and God. You have to square with that one day.
You believe.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718248 Apr 20, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Without your Magic Sky Daddy to breath life into it ?
I'm waiting for you to come over and kill me.

You've threatened me with my life, be a man.

Tell you what, I'll give you the advantage. I'll lock up the dog so you can actually get to my front door, then I'll tie both hands behind my back, drink half a bottle of whiskey and wear a blindfold.

Bring it on you little bitch.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718249 Apr 20, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
If Christians would follow Jesus' commandments to pray in private, not discuss religion who people who do not want to hear it and to love their enemies, no one would condemn them.
Instead, they are like that neighbor's dog that constantly shits on everyone's lawn.
Your yard isn't even worth shitting on.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#718252 Apr 20, 2014
I had a Church member come and buy some pills off of me today, and dude was preaching about Jesus the whole time he was here. He invited me to Church, I ask him why, and what he wanted me to bring, haha! fkn dude looked at me, like "I" was crazy. gotta love them...

Location hidden

#718253 Apr 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Not happened; *will* happen. Since it *will* happen, it is therefore predestined---and therefore the person or persons involved have no free will.
Boy, some people just don't want to understand that concept.
<quoted text>
Christians embrace both "god's will" and freedom of choice, which are mutually exclusive.
So don't ask me; it's *your* so-called god.
They are not mutually exclusive, you prove that with every breath you take. You "choose" NOT to do the will of the god you hate. Everybody practices free will every day.

BTW, if the future already exists, then it is not destiny, it just "is". The only way anybody could legitimately claim anything was destined to happen would be because they had already seen it happen, and not because they had caused it to happen. You are confusing cause with information. Anyone accurately predicting a future event has not caused it, but merely seen it. Their accuracy is proof of the future actually existing right NOW, and it probably always has "been".

And why not, the past lies before us, it blew past us on the way to now and pulls us into tomorrow.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#718254 Apr 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Jesus was executed for blasphemy against the God of the Jews and treason against Rome.
2) No.
3) Jesus had secret followers in both the Roman and Jewish communities. It's very likely that the conversation between Jesus and Pontius were told by Jesus and Pontius to other people, which in turn led it to be recorded in the Gospels.
4) The Pharisees wanted Jesus executed and the Romans acquiesced.
5) The same way the conversation between Pontress and Jesus was spread.
6) Judas probably told somebody, or somebody told somebody. That's how things were recorded back then, they call it oral tradition.
7) Most likely, forensic evidence.
The thing is, I can see a guy like Jesus being charged with treason. I would buy that. However, blasphemy against the Jewish deity? I really do not believe that. Why would the Romans uphold Jewish tradition? Not likely.

As for a spy in the governor's office? Well, stranger things have happened. During the Cold War, I would have bet that 30-40% of the folks in both the US Parliament and Kremlin were not trusted. But,,,, such spy games can only work if and when you have enough of a tradable commodity. A mole in the governor's office would be punished by a very unpleasant death; his remuniration would have had to be quite good. Did Jesus and his disciples have such riches, to afford a mole? Had the answer been yes, I would buy that.

Would you be willing to concede that since we do not know exactly who wrote the Gospels and we know not of any informants in the governor's office, it is at least a possibility that accounts surrounding said conversations were fabricated?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718255 Apr 20, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
You believe.
Yes, and you believe otherwise.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#718256 Apr 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Pluto?
Not a planet anymore. We all mourn the loss of Pluto from the list of planets.

However!! Voyager does find some cool stuff and maybe we have some large dark planet roaming around?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#718257 Apr 20, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
You omitted Zeus, Mithras, Venus, Hercules, Horus, Isis. Millions believed they existed, so does that mean they did.
produce one historical scholar that does believe any of those actually existed.
Only because of thousands of years of indoctrination....I just stated that there is no evidence of his existence from the time he supposedly lived.
That was answered and you ignored.
Funny, someone like you relying on the opinion of most scholars, but I bet you don't believe 97% of climate scientists when they say climate change is a fact and caused by man.
So we should not believe the experts on anything and go along with internet posters whose only qualifications is heartbeats. Hey bud, if i got a toothache i go to my Dentist, not my next door neighbor. In matters of history i go the the real historians. You are not interested in reality, you either want to argue or are more interested in justifying your position. Agnostic who leans towards atheism Bart Ehrman has you in the same kook category as holocaust deniers.

----------
In a society in which people still claim the Holocaust did not happen, and in which there are resounding claims that the American president is, in fact, a Muslim born on foreign soil, is it any surprise to learn that the greatest figure in the history of Western civilization, the man on whom the most powerful and influential social, political, economic, cultural and religious institution in the world -- the Christian church -- was built, the man worshipped, literally, by billions of people today -- is it any surprise to hear that Jesus never even existed?
----------
AGAIN WHAT COMPELLING HISTORICAL EVIDENCE OF HIS EXISTENCE FROM THE TIME HE SUPPOSEDLY LIVED?????
Your not reading the links provided. That means you are not interested in answers from the experts. All caps is shouting. Have a nice day Einstein.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bart-d-ehrman/d...

It is true that Jesus is not mentioned in any Roman sources of his day. That should hardly count against his existence, however, since these same sources mention scarcely anyone from his time and place. Not even the famous Jewish historian, Josephus, or even more notably, the most powerful and important figure of his day, Pontius Pilate....

Few of these mythicists are actually scholars trained in ancient history, religion, biblical studies or any cognate field, let alone in the ancient languages generally thought to matter for those who want to say something with any degree of authority about a Jewish teacher who (allegedly) lived in first-century Palestine. There are a couple of exceptions: of the hundreds -- thousands?-- of mythicists, two (to my knowledge) actually have Ph.D. credentials in relevant fields of study. But even taking these into account, there is not a single mythicist who teaches New Testament or Early Christianity or even Classics at any accredited institution of higher learning in the Western world. And it is no wonder why. These views are so extreme and so unconvincing to 99.99 percent of the real experts that anyone holding them is as likely to get a teaching job in an established department of religion as a six-day creationist is likely to land on in a bona fide department of biology

Location hidden

#718258 Apr 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Topix Atheist! knows nothing of tolerance. They're only tolerant of those that think exactly like them.
They are all blind to their own hypocrisy.

Like IANS' lauding of his host country's low cost of living but neglects to admit it is because they are selfish bastards with no grace or sense of fairness.

Notice how Mexico insists on proof of citizenship to freely attend their public schools.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Mex... ;

Yet they expect U.S. officials to not request proof for any of the freebies Mexico's castoffs demand of us. It's not exactly an equitable exchange.

Tolerance should go both ways, but it rarely does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min USA Born 584,277
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min WasteWater 98,984
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 3,496
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 8 min Johnny 2,985
older women for skype sex 11 min male19uk 1
Josh Glidewell Lifetime Exteriorz roof. One sat... 16 min C Robinson 6
Horny19 year old male look for a females skpe o... 20 min male19uk 1
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 56 min Rosa_Winkel 442,871
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr TIM958 611,852
More from around the web