Prove there's a god.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#718420 Apr 21, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>then what was that Miracle that i saw last June 30, 2011 ?

can you explain. i am not delusional, or experiencing hallucinations. i don't do drugs.
You should.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#718421 Apr 21, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Regarding godless people making the rules, well, we kind of are doing just that, bit by bit. We got rid of group led school prayer, we're fighting the appearance of your religious displays on public property, we won't let you strip women of their reproductive rights or impose your religious preferences on them through their insurance benefits, and we won't let you prevent loving gay couples from enjoying the dignity and security of marital rights.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You did not rid group led school prayer, it happens every day at my son's school. You can fight the appearance of religious displays all you want, you guys just keep losing and losing and losing. Now you're resorting to putting up your own anti-religious displays and some reason you think that's better. "Reproductive rights"? What about the reproductive rights of the aborted child? You're saying that they have no reproductive rights when you abort them. And for some reason you think that's better.
Regarding gay marriage, all you want to do is strip traditional marriage and impose it with your own attitude towards marriage. You're trading one ideology for another. And for some reason you think that's better. You atheists have also been trying for decades to change the national motto of In God We Trust. You keep losing it that, too. Sucks to be an atheist in America.... How's the weather out there in Mexico?
Denial may be comforting, but it's a poor strategy for effectively dealing with reality. You're losing ground. Do you care enough to have the courage to countenance it? I good with your decision either way.

Fennario

#718422 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It's up to be in my Christian brothers and sisters to protect ourselves against would-be killers like you and Ben. It's our right to impose whatever laws we can and we claim that right, so fuckyou killer.
Actually, what I said is that the women of the WCA that wished to impose Christian values on the rest of us were free to go crucify themselves. You've turned that into me being a killer and other Christians being in danger from me, which is typical of the whiny, victimy, martyry reaction.

Did you run out of Spirit minutes? Your fruits of the spirit seem to have expired - you know, the love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control that you were promised if you worshiped your god.

Fennario

#718423 Apr 21, 2014
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>You (and Witchy) weren't debating free will, causation, and knowledge of the future with nano? That's what I saw. Next time I'm on here I'll go back and find it, unless you guys erased all evidence of it already.
No, I don't debate anything with nano, that's not what you saw, I don't erase posts, and you can't find evidence for what you only imagined.

Are you another one that's going to be hostile and get personal with those who harshly criticize ideas that he likes? There are several agitated posters posting presently, and by the sheerest of coincidences, they are all chummy with nanoanomaly - you know, the person who claims that I accumulate and manipulate others.

Fennario

#718424 Apr 21, 2014
Pokay wrote:
I've been around here for a long time too. You know, my parents should have gotten a divorce and they should have done it early on, but somehow my mother put up with his pompous @$$ verbal abuse for 50 years and going. Now she's giving it back as good or better. He created her. That's the way I see it with you guys and nano. What much choice is there? Either sit quietly in a corner or start fighting back. I've seen how you guys play. I've been in and out of the game here. After a while I begin to think it's everyone on your side that is motivated by agenda and once in awhile I pick on someone that is not so guilty, like I did just now with Double Fine,(sorry DF).
You have a radically different perception of what goes on here than I do. Nobody attacks nanoanomaly except in retaliation, and even then with almost none of the anger or invective that freely flows from her bifid tongue. She is about the ugliest human being posting here, rivaled only by people like Porter and Dr. Shrink. How can she be just a reaction to at most 5% as much negativity.

Consider my posting about her and hers about me. My negativity toward her is reactive - she appears out of nowhere on the attack after weeks or moths of absence - and only a small fraction of what she dishes out.Her posts are sentence after sentence of seething, calumnious, anger and bitterness. I react by calling her ugly and hateful, and her tongue bifid.

You are obviously predisposed to see her as an innocent. And why would that be a surprise from somebody that "think[s] it's everyone on [my] side that is motivated by agenda." Can you not see how that undermines your pretense of objectivity in this issue?

Fennario

#718425 Apr 21, 2014
Pokay wrote:
Sam Harris and Dawkins' "cure" for religion" is much more dangerous than religion itself. Their approach is a cultish religion itself.
What do you suppose their "cure" for religion is? A crusade? An inquisition? The stake? The iron maiden? An excommunication and social destruction? Laws against piety or worship? The threat of hellfire and damnation? Stoning? Suicide bombing? Flying an airplane into a building? Shooting somebody in the face or throwing acid in it? Are these the kinds of dangerous things that you're afraid of Harris and Dawkins doing?

And how do either of those men bring the words "cult" or "religion" to your mind? What's a religion to you? What's not?

Also, do you realize that by using the word "religion" like that, that you reveal your understanding of the problem with religion?

So why are there so many of you out there that don't call yourselves Christians, but defend them from their critics? Do you think their church is a good thing even though you don't want to be a part of it?

Fennario

#718426 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
In the case of Western society, most of our ethics come from the Bible.
Nonsense. The same values are found in vultures that never experienced your bible directly or indirectly.

Furthermore, the church is an ethical nightmare.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Notice how much the Topix Atheists! bitches and complains about "Christian law" regarding things like abortion or gay marriage.
Your bible doesn't support a ban on abortion or persecuting gays. Sure, you might find a scripture that seems to do that, but I can find one to contradict it.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#718427 Apr 21, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Somtimes, I reap what others sow.
It's OK. The Old Testament doesn't apply to me.
Wealth distribution?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718428 Apr 21, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You pretty much answered it.
Depending upon which Christian you ask, the answer could be yes or no, and even maybe....or maybe not.
I'm glad you learned something.

I didn't think that was possible.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718429 Apr 21, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
What's the matter, fundietard? Don't you like to have your own buybull used against you?
You didn't.

You can't.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718430 Apr 21, 2014
No, you asshole. I said during the Burning Times. The Middle Ages. Europe. When christians like you had free reign to kill whoever they wanted in the name of Jesus, and then steal the victims' property.
<quoted text>
Yes they are. Everyone knows it. I've provided the links in the past that you obviously have refused to look at.
You're nothing but a hateful little christian who commands and demands that everyone believe as you do.
Ya I've seen that YouTube video you posted.

It shows some black people *somewhere* butting and burning several women.

Sad, yes. Tragic, yes.

But nowhere so they say anything about god or Christianity or give *ANY* explanation as to why they're doing what they're doing.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718431 Apr 21, 2014
All of your combined prayers for my death{SNIP}
That's never happened.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718432 Apr 21, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>And now the wanker will pretend not to have seen your quotes, change the subject, disappear or, all of the above.
<quoted text>
It does. You know it does. That's why you've got over 40,000 different brands of christianity, each and every one of them claiming to be the "one and only true" christian religion.
You're an asshole.
<quoted text>
They can't lead the students in prayer. That is a violation of the First Amendment.
Or maybe you would like to have a muslim lead prayer in your kids' class?
<quoted text>
Would you let them pray to Allah? No? Why not?
You're so fucking stupid I can't believe it.
No, wait; yes, as a matter of fact, I *can.*
I see. So "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" actually means "school teachers can't lead a prayer".

Huh...

All this time I thought it meant "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718433 Apr 21, 2014
Easter is a Pagan festival. I've pointed that out to you before, and Karma just verified it.
It *used* to be.

It's not any more.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718434 Apr 21, 2014
Yet another joy you deny your family in the name of your hateful jesus.
Says the witchy witch....

Like I care what you think.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#718435 Apr 21, 2014
Anybody got netflix?

Look up Rapture-Palooza.

Rofl!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718436 Apr 21, 2014
The bible does not require study to understand.
"I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ."

Understand that without studying it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718437 Apr 21, 2014
Ask Jesus.
Or ask an unbeliever. Many of us find it as off-putting as seeing people playing tonsil hockey in public. Get a room. That's what don't pray publicly means.
Jesus prayed publicly, as will I.

You don't understand the Bible. The reason you don't understand the Bible is because you think it requires no study to be understood. What you fail to understand is that billions of people have spent their entire lives studying the Bible, the book which you claim requires no study.

No wonder you're an atheist.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718438 Apr 21, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Those are examples of the bible referring to embryos and fetuses as children, babies or individuals, not of it forbidding abortion.
And why should the bible forbid abortion? It has no problem with killing. It's overflowing with it, much commanded by Yahweh.
Moreover, not only do those scriptures never declare abortion wrong, this one says that causing a miscarriage is not even doing harm if the mother is not harmed, and can be adequately compensated by paying a fine:
“When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman's husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe." -Exodus 21:22-25
Sorry to burst your bubble, but your antiabortion stand is not adequately supported by your bible. It's a wedge issue used by demagogues to agitate you and get your indignant votes.
You don't think a human fetus is a child? You don't think is an individual? It most certainly is both.

I've seen you pro-abortionists misuse those verses in Exodus plenty of times.

It's very clearly telling you the value of an unborn child, even if no harm is done, the aggressor still has to pay a fine and if there IS harm than the man that punched the pregnant woman in the stomach will get put to death if he killed that unborn child.

Your ignorance of the Bible makes it way too easy to refute you on it. Keep 'em coming.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718439 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Do you think I really give a crap if the Topix Atheist! dismisses my comments or posts? I don't. You people dismiss my posts because you're close minded idiots, you got your mind set on one thing and one thing only and NOTHING is ever going to change that.
Calm down. Don't take it so personally.
And be careful about letting nanoanomaly influence you. She will agitate you if you let her. It may feel good for awhile, especially when you're feeling powerless like this, but how can that kind of behavior be good for you? It's good for her. She feeds on strife, which is why she continually tries to provoke it
That's good advice for lightbeamrider, who also seems to be taking comfort from that same polluted well.
You did not refute me.

You did not contest me.

You didn't argue with me.

That means, you conceded.

That means, you are a closed minded idiot.

I hate being right all the time....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 min Brian_G 973
The Story of a Chimney 3 min Lick6432 3
Pick up the garden tools, enjoy your happy life 9 min Monkey8712 3
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Buck Crick 88,391
The trend of the garden tools 14 min Stars5435 3
The Benefit of the Gardening. 18 min Kizzes7641 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min onemale 284,644
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 37 min Buck Crick 643
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 42 min Buck Crick 267
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 59 min truth 665,486
More from around the web