ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#717747 Apr 19, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
One could reasonably wonder if they and other Christian organizations were the cause. They tend to be very hateful, which is a pretty poor example.
"I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good...Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a Biblical duty, we are called by God, to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism." - Randall Terry, Founder of Operation Rescue. 1993
“I figured a way out — a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers. But I couldn’t get it passed through Congress. Build a great big large fence, 150 or 100 mile (sic) long. Put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals. Have that fence electrified so they can’t get out. Feed ‘em, and– And you know what? In a few years they’ll die out. You know why? They can’t reproduce.”- North Carolina Pastor Charles Worley
"You should be thankful you are not in the Old Testament times, because there are some of us who would gladly execute you. I would rejoice at that privilege" - L. Craig Martindale
What would children that grew up in a home where such things were said be like? Americans grew up in a nation where such things were said. Should we be surprised that they turned out more angry and less moral?
I believe that secular humanism, once it ascends to the level of cultural hegemony that the church has enjoyed, can help repair that.
As always, beautifully presented.

And looking at CWA's mission statement and their stance on women's reproductive rights and decisions, it appears they are not doing much more than preaching to their own choir.

They're running completely counter to mainstream America's culture - and the majority of their own religion.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#717748 Apr 19, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
Since it was spoken word, it must've been a lithp.
You know when Mike Tyson takes a selfie, he calls it a thelfie?

http://iconosquare.com/p/702272897840419395_3...

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#717749 Apr 19, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Jesus is a myth, that's a fact.
You do *not* "put me in my place (I'm not your goddamn wife, sister or mother).
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is not myth.
Jesus is a myth.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Historical records say He isn't.
*plop*
There are no historical records of "jesus." Not even the ancient Romans had any of him.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>There's you place. Enjoy!
*Where* is it?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#717750 Apr 19, 2014
Yes you have,liar. You know you have. Picture, representation, depiction, description, portraiture, portrayal, presentment. Everytime you see yourself losing an argument, you start playing your little word games.
I understand your need to lie for your religion and your cause; because they're both bullshit.
RiversideRedneck wrote:

I've never seen a picture, representation, depiction, description, portraiture, portrayal or presentment of Satan.

I've only seen imaginings and renderings.
So, you *have* seen a representation, depiction, description, portraiture, portrayal or presentment of Satan. That also includes "renderings."

Did you need to deny it just so you could disagree with the mean ol' witch?

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#717751 Apr 19, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to a shelter and pray, or the stall in a public restroom.
Or under a tree, in a park, or out in the driveway, or the john at your mamas house. It doesn't even have to be public. How about in his car alone on his way to work and on the way home, on a bus if he doesn't have a car, on a bicycle if you have no other transport.(/we know how he loves to split as many hairs as he can) In his recliner as he watches the nightly news, a prayer might help. Plenty of options.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#717752 Apr 19, 2014
ONE:'You shall have no other gods before Me.' You're calling this a moral law?
TWO:'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.' You're calling this a moral law?
FOUR:'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.' You're calling this a moral law?
FIVE:'Honor your father and your mother.' You're calling this a moral law?
Admit it; you obey only those which are convenient for you, while you expect everyone else to follow *all* of them.
Yes, those are all moral laws.

1. Placing Priority—“no other gods,” provides prophetic resistance to anything that would make itself into a god, such as the totalitarian state.

2. Saying No—“no idols.” Christians must have no physical or mental images that we worship; they must resist idols and uphold the truth.

4. Time—“remember the Sabbath.” We must set aside time for our Lord for worship, fellowship, and devotion. When one’s output exceeds his input, it leads to his downfall. Christians must take the time to renew themselves and invest in the church, weak as it may be. There will be no rebuilding of the culture without the church.

5. Respect for Inheritance, Heritage and Succession—“honor your father and mother.” Let those who come behind us find us faithful. C.S. Lewis argued we need to let the breezes of the centuries blow through our minds, specifically by reading one old book for every new one, lest we become captive to the latest fashion of our time. That which is most relevant is that which is most timeless and eternal.

Here's all ten, if you're interested:

http://tifwe.org/resources/moral-law-and-the-...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#717753 Apr 19, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You are so full of crap, IOWs, so full of yourself.
There is NO such thing as fate and "prediction" has nothing to do with "god". God makes no predictions, only promises. Knowing is NOT causing. Nobody is pulling your strings and making you be an obsessed ass, that's all you.
Your definition of human is the one that is sadly lacking, you make excuses for deviant behavior that those of the Enlightened Age would find quite revolting. Lower beasts have an excuse for deviant behavior, their minds can't reason past their physical desires, humans can. It's when human choose to regress to a lower standard that we end up with someone like you.
I meant logically and I stand by it, Mr. Circular Reasoning. A man with no free will is one who cannot, logically, be held responsible for his actions. We punish criminals because we know they don't have some god pulling strings attached to their hands or guiding their feet.
I'm not advocating Christianity, but arguing against your pitiful claim that there is no free will for those who do. The bible god says, "Vengeance is mine.", I take my own when I see fit. Like I could trust god to give exactly what is deserved? "Humanist justice", my ass.
lol, like being a humanist makes one so very perceptive as to be able to predict a crime before it happens and intervene? wow, you really shouldn't have taken Minority Report so seriously. It was just science "fiction", dontcha know? wow
You are the one who blames everything on Christians, too bad only the demented are swayed by your rants.
The Christian bible DOES describe the lower animals AS BEING SOULS, moron, it's just taken as common knowledge that they have the excuse of being "morally" challenged, devoid of shame and, ergo, exempt from being held to the same laws as mankind.
I get "how" you have accumulated acolytes, but, damn, I just find it so perturbing that you are not ashamed of making the loons even more dizzy than they already are with all that circular BS. There ought to be a law against taking advantage of the mentally challenged.
>:}
Outstanding. You rock.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#717754 Apr 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop trying to impose your beliefs on me.
Stop trying to impose your beliefs on me. Your god *isn't* real.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#717755 Apr 19, 2014
But you speak for "god."
Huh....
At no point have I ever implied that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#717756 Apr 19, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
As always, beautifully presented.
And looking at CWA's mission statement and their stance on women's reproductive rights and decisions, it appears they are not doing much more than preaching to their own choir.
They're running completely counter to mainstream America's culture - and the majority of their own religion.
"Reproductive rights", funny.

Suppose the fetus that gets aborted is a female, what about her "reproductive rights"?

Supposed to fetus that gets aborted is a male, what about his "reproductive rights"?

I know the answer to both, do you?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#717757 Apr 19, 2014
"God has a plan for *you.*" Common christian saying.
You don't make the choices, your "god" makes them for you.
That's a denial of free will.
You know I'm right, and you cannot win this.

Once again, you see that I'm right; you need to deflect again.
I didn't say God, I said "god."
You see, and know, the difference. But since you're losing the argument again, well.....
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya and you didn't say "Christian", you said "christian".
Same thing. You know that. You just like to argue.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you implied when you called God, "your god".
I didn't say "your god," I said your "god."

Still trying not to see what's there, are you?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that God doesn't exist but He still makes choices for us.
I don't believe in your "god," you do; I'm pointing out that you cannot have free will *AND* that your "god" has a plan for you.

You can't have it both ways. Not unless you want to be used by two guys at the same time, like nano does.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#717758 Apr 19, 2014
There are no historical records of "jesus." Not even the ancient Romans had any of him.
HA HA. What?!?

Rome A.D. 64, the Roman historian Tacitus wrote:

Nero fastened the guilt ... on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of ... Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome.

Pliny the Younger;

They were in the habit of meeting on a certain fixed day before it was light, when they sang in alternate verses a hymn to Christ, as to a god, and bound themselves by a solemn oath, not to any wicked deeds, but never to commit any fraud, theft or adultery, never to falsify their word, nor deny a trust when they should be called upon to deliver it up; after which it was their custom to separate, and then reassemble to partake of food--but food of an ordinary and innocent kind.

There was also Josephus, the Babylonian Talmud, Lucian and many others.

That you put Jesus' name in quotation marks is irrelevant, the ancient Romans clearly wrote about Him.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#717759 Apr 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you erased the part you didn't like.
But you can do it to *me,* can't you?

Does your "jesus" tell you so?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#717760 Apr 19, 2014
So, you *have* seen a representation, depiction, description, portraiture, portrayal or presentment of Satan. That also includes "renderings."
Did you need to deny it just so you could disagree with the mean ol' witch?
I deny it because you're wrong. I've never seen pictures of Satan like you claim I have. There are no pictures of Satan. There are no pictures of God or Jesus, either. There are no pictures of Zeus. There are no pictures of dinosaurs. There are no pictures of Oden. There is no picture of the Big Bang.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#717761 Apr 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Atheist: WhatÂ’s this fly doing in my soup?

Waiter: Praying.

Atheist: Very funny. I canÂ’t eat this. Take it back.

Waiter: You see? The flyÂ’s prayer was answered.
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead flies can pray?
Inside of Arr Arr's head they can.
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#717762 Apr 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't have a room and I don't have any doors.
How could I use your literal interpretation?
<quoted text>
No no no no no. IANS is looking at this literally, he said it's literal and I'm basing my argument off of that.
Matthew says to go to your room and shut the door.
Literally, right?
Well I don't have a room.
Now what?
Enclose your palapa.

It might even save on air conditioning costs.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#717763 Apr 19, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or under a tree, in a park, or out in the driveway, or the john at your mamas house. It doesn't even have to be public. How about in his car alone on his way to work and on the way home, on a bus if he doesn't have a car, on a bicycle if you have no other transport.(/we know how he loves to split as many hairs as he can) In his recliner as he watches the nightly news, a prayer might help. Plenty of options.
All of those are great ideas, perfect places to pray. You know what else are perfect places to pray? Things like at the beginning of a realtor meeting or the beginning of a chess tournament.

Or at the beginning of a Congress session.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#717764 Apr 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not kidding. God doesn't have a name.
Unless "I am" is a name....
I am called the Celtic word for "Bounty of the Fields"

I guess I don't have a name either. Then again, Psalm 82 says I am a God. Must be true.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#717765 Apr 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you suppose would happen to a person if they committed auto-crucifixion?
Death.
Which is what you recommended I try.
My suggestion of auto-erotic crucifixion would inflict pain, yes.

But not death.

Safety measures are called for.

Quick-release attachments, for example.

For death, you're on the right track with your Marlboros.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#717766 Apr 19, 2014
I understand; DS isn't allowed to recommend books to people.
Perhaps you can show me the Global Church of Atheism Propagation?
You, on the other hand, are meekly and quietly doing your "lord's work" by propagating your sick brand of christianity, and advocating the removal of science from public schools, to be replaced with creationism.
Is that pretty close?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show me the "Global Church of Christian Propagation", or admit that one needs not exist.
It's called "christianity." It's called, "the christian religion." It is pushed by every christian leader, from the Pope on down to your pastor.

Pay up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min truth 554,258
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Just Wondering 603,397
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min WildWeirdWillie 174,887
Last Word + 2 9 min andet1987 930
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 12 min andet1987 1,242
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 18 min andet1987 4,393
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min Charlie Sheen 263,151
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr Johnny 4,120

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE