Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#718150 Apr 20, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh...dude...there are plenty of sources for Pilate, Nero and Caesar. Lots and lots. Not just one moldy old book written decades after the events it claims to tell.
You know, the Arch of Constantine, that was built AFTER he saw the cross in the sky, does not show anything Christian. that Arch shows Pagan Gods, Apollo, Mithara, it is erected next to that Roman dude, "that defeated God" well In a sense, Constantine Defeated Jesus with the Inception of Christianity, through a Lie that people worship. He (they)(Church) related Jesus' b/day with Mithara to further the Lie, and fkn billions of people bought into the BS! Religion is based on a lie for Jesus., it was nothing but Political to further Rome and Give Constantine "God" like status. I think all Religion is a lie, and all Christians worship that Lie..THey can worship their Pagan God under the guise of Jesus and most or all Christians don't realize that they are also..My Opinion Anyway.. fkn dumb@$$'!!

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#718151 Apr 20, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians believe some really goofy stuff.
Mostly, they just like to fantasize about killing non-christians. Their bible means whatever they want it to mean, and they define "witch" any way they want, just so they can feel good about killing someone.
As in Africa today, for example. I'm surprised nanoanal isn't on his way down there to throw in his own torch.
I wonder whether the Africans have the same MO as during the Inquisition? Having a mole on your chest is a death penalty offense and all that stuff.

Worst I have seen is 12 year old kids walking around with AK-47's, though. These loons are arming kids that should be learning the names of the planets.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#718152 Apr 20, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
Yo RR.
I have a few of my usual questions for you.
1) Can you please explain to me, why was Jesus sentenced to death? What was the charge?
2) Do you think that Roman Laws were subject to the will of the Jewish elders?
3) Jesus had a pretty famous conversation with Pontius Pilatus in his own office. However, why would this conversation end up in the Gospels? In fact,*how* would it end up in the Gospels? Do you think Mark, Matthew and Luke were in the room with Pontius and Jesus? If not, then how did that account get into the Bible?
4) Judas famously betrayed Jesus, according to the NT. Please explain to me why would Roman soldiers go and arrest anyone and then take him to a Jewish council? I ask again, do you think that Roman Law was subject to the commands of the Jewish Elders?
5) According to the Gospel account, Judas went to return his thirty pieces of silver after he heard Jesus was sentenced to death. The Gospels even has some dialogue between Judas and the folks that paid him. How was this piece of evidence obtained?
6) How does the Gospel writers know that Judas received thirty pieces of silver for betraying Jesus?
7) How does the Gospel Writers know about Judas' suicide? How do they know that he took his own life?
Many thanks, RR
1) Jesus was executed for blasphemy against the God of the Jews and treason against Rome.

2) No.

3) Jesus had secret followers in both the Roman and Jewish communities. It's very likely that the conversation between Jesus and Pontius were told by Jesus and Pontius to other people, which in turn led it to be recorded in the Gospels.

4) The Pharisees wanted Jesus executed and the Romans acquiesced.

5) The same way the conversation between Pontress and Jesus was spread.

6) Judas probably told somebody, or somebody told somebody. That's how things were recorded back then, they call it oral tradition.

7) Most likely, forensic evidence.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#718153 Apr 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When just one person is praying and no one else is, I'd agree with you - that person's being a hypocrite like the Pharisees. But when the whole crowd wants to pray, or the majority anyway, then that's different.
If the majority wants to start something off with a prayer, what's wrong with that? We do it in places like church,
Fine; keep it in your church.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text> .........And in Congress.
Problem?
Big problem; it's called "mob rule."

It's called violating the First Amendment.

It needs to be outlawed.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#718154 Apr 20, 2014
Origins of the name "Easter".

The name "Easter" originated with the names of an ancient Goddess and God. The Venerable Bede,(672-735 CE), a Christian scholar, first asserted in his book De Ratione Temporum that Easter was named after Eostre (a.k.a. Eastre). She was the Great Mother Goddess of the Saxon people in Northern Europe. Similarly, the "Teutonic dawn goddess of fertility [was] known variously as Ostare, Ostara, Ostern, Eostra, Eostre, Eostur, Eastra, Eastur, Austron and Ausos." 1 Her name was derived from the ancient word for spring: "eastre." Similar Goddesses were known by other names in ancient cultures around the Mediterranean, and were celebrated in the springtime. Some were:

Aphrodite, named Cytherea (Lady of Cythera) and Cypris (Lady of Cyprus) after the two places which claimed her birth; 8
Ashtoreth from ancient Israel;
Astarte from ancient Greece;
Demeter from Mycenae;
Hathor from ancient Egypt;
Ishtar from Assyria;
Kali, from India; and
Ostara a Norse Goddess of fertility.
An alternative explanation has been suggested. The name given by the Frankish church to Jesus' resurrection festival included the Latin word "alba" which means "white." (This was a reference to the white robes that were worn during the festival.) "Alba" also has a second meaning: "sunrise." When the name of the festival was translated into German, the "sunrise" meaning was selected in error. This became "ostern" in German. Ostern has been proposed as the origin of the word "Easter". 2

There are two popular beliefs about the origin of the English word "Sunday."
It is derived from the name of the Scandinavian sun Goddess Sunna (a.k.a. Sunne, Frau Sonne). 5,6

It is derived from "Sol," the Roman God of the Sun." Their phrase "Dies Solis" means "day of the Sun." The Christian saint Jerome (d. 420 CE) commented:

"If it is called the day of the sun by the pagans, we willingly accept this name, for on this day the Light of the world arose, on this day the Sun of Justice shone forth." 7

http://www.religioustolerance.org/easter1.htm #

Nope, still no proof of any god ever existing but there's plenty of evidence that points to the christian bible as being plagiarised and regurgitated fiction.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#718155 Apr 20, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
If this god existed, we would be justified in cutting its throat and freeing the souls from its torture chamber. But that would be merciful. Justice would be to keep it alive and lock it in there.
If Jesus is God then he deserved to be executed.
I would have driven the nails myself.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718156 Apr 20, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:

This is exactly what you said
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting tale.
When you look at the big picture, most laws in all Western societies are based on Biblical law. It's not just in America, most of the UK's laws are Biblically based also.
I wont bother to go into the 645 biblical laws, many of which call for stoning.
as for you second assertion that our court system is based on the bible, really dude you're deluded.
show me exactly where in the bible it states the accused shall be tried by a jury of his peers?
where does it mention search warrants
the right to be represented by a lawyer
the right to remain silent
innocent until proven guilty
where in the bible are a series of courts mentioned, circuit courts, appeals courts, the Supreme Court.
geesh, really that's even dumber that stating our laws are based on biblical laws
Yes, I know what I wrote. That's why your question about the Ten Commandments had me baffled, I didn't mention them.

Did you read what I wrote? The basis of your argument seems to think that I said something like "today's laws are copies of biblical law".

That I write that? No.

Do you believe that law is derived from ethics? If so, you would have to ignore knowledge where the ethics come from. In the case of Western society, most of our ethics come from the Bible. Notice how much the Topix Atheists! bitches and complains about "Christian law" regarding things like abortion or gay marriage.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#718157 Apr 20, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
First you have to consider you audience. Most atheists here find the belief in Allah as baseless as the belief in Jesus, or that Muhammad could move a mountain.
It just that this audience is mostly Christian, so why bring up the fact that there is no evidence to support the existence of Allah?
BTW I don't think most atheists disagree with the "Teachings of Jesus" and what he believed in, if in fact he did actually exist. They are actually a good set of morals and rules to live by. Its just that most Christians don't actually follow his teachings, are quick to judge others, cherry pick what they want out of the bible and surprisingly full of hate.
You missed my point.

Topix does not allow any bashing of Mohammed or islam, out of either hypocrisy or fear. Any other religion is fair game.

Topix is run by cowards.

Location hidden

#718158 Apr 20, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Thou shalt not kill.

And 1 John 2:8-11. Hatred, darkness of the mind, killing an innocent requires a darkness of mind. Deliberately begrudging an unborn its opportunity to continued existence is hatred incarnate.

It is against the law to kill certain animals, sometimes due to them being gravid with spawn, but human babies are allowed execution due to them being too numerous and, therefore, devalued as persons. "That" is dark and sick, to be less valued simply because some ass decides whether human life has value or not. Human babies are not commodities to bought, sold or disposed of out of in/convenience, they are entities that should not be relegated to the status "owned" slaves.
Here's what the above passage actually says;

1 John 2:8-11
English Standard Version (ESV)
8 At the same time, it is a new commandment that I am writing to you, which is true in him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true light is already shining. 9 Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness. 10 Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling. 11 But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

How do you even see nano?

(why must christians always lie?)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718159 Apr 20, 2014
It's christians like you two who commit the vast majority of murders in this country, while claiming to be victims.
Thanks for sharing your ignorant and uninformed opinion.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#718160 Apr 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Jesus was executed for blasphemy against the God of the Jews .....
Then Jesus was NOT sinless and according to your Bible committed the unforgivable sin, deserved to be killed and is now roasting in Hell.

waddafukinloon

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718161 Apr 20, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder whether the Africans have the same MO as during the Inquisition? Having a mole on your chest is a death penalty offense and all that stuff.
Worst I have seen is 12 year old kids walking around with AK-47's, though. These loons are arming kids that should be learning the names of the planets.
Like Pluto?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718163 Apr 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Fine; keep it in your church.
<quoted text>
Big problem; it's called "mob rule."
It's called violating the First Amendment.
It needs to be outlawed.
Nope. We'll pray where we choose and there's nothing you can do about it.

It does not violate the First Amendment, the First Amendment is very clear in that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof".

There is no "wall of separation", that's an atheist driven urban myth. The US Constitution, the First Amendment, says that Congress cannot enforce a national religion and it cannot make laws prohibiting the free exercise of religion.

That means I get to pray where ever I choose. That means the members of Congress get to open with a prayer if they choose. That means the attendees of a chess tournament can open with a prayer if they choose. That means the members at a realtor meeting can open with a prayer if they choose.

That also means you get to make a circle of rocks, draw a pentagram in the dirt, start a fire and pray to the full moon, if you choose.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#718164 Apr 20, 2014
And no, the words don't mean whatever arbitrary meaning you choose to give them except to you. They mean whatever each reader chooses them to mean.

It aint necessarily so wrote: Wasn't he supposed to be a god? Do you assume all of the same rights as your god? Will you also judge me and take vengeance by condemning me to suffer like your god?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Jesus wasn't supposed to be a god, He is God.
No it isn’t. It’s a myth.

You saw that when I proved it to you.

Location hidden

#718165 Apr 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I know what I wrote. That's why your question about the Ten Commandments had me baffled, I didn't mention them.

Did you read what I wrote? The basis of your argument seems to think that I said something like "today's laws are copies of biblical law".

That I write that? No.

Do you believe that law is derived from ethics? If so, you would have to ignore knowledge where the ethics come from. In the case of Western society, most of our ethics come from the Bible. Notice how much the Topix Atheists! bitches and complains about "Christian law" regarding things like abortion or gay marriage.
The "christian law" regarding these issues are completely irrelevant. We are not ancient Israelites.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718167 Apr 20, 2014
If this god existed, we would be justified in cutting its throat ... that would be merciful.
BenAdam wrote:
If Jesus is God then he deserved to be executed.
I would have driven the nails myself.
wow.

Just......wow.

Yesterday you two were talking about killing Christians, today you're talking about killing God.

You two are insane, wannabe killers.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718168 Apr 20, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Then Jesus was NOT sinless and according to your Bible committed the unforgivable sin, deserved to be killed and is now roasting in Hell.
waddafukinloon
As usual, you're mistaken. Jesus was accused of blasphemy by the Pharisees, but that doesn't mean He actually committed blasphemy. They charged Him with blasphemy because He claimed that He is God.

I bet they were surprised when He resurrected....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#718170 Apr 20, 2014
<quoted text>
You missed my point.
Topix does not allow any bashing of Mohammed or islam, out of either hypocrisy or fear. Any other religion is fair game.
Topix is run by cowards.
Care to test that? I do, I'm curious.

Mohammed was a lying piece of shit.

Allah is a false god.

Members of Islam are nothing but terrorists.

----

Hmmm ..... Let's see if this post homes. Right now is Sunday, 12:02 PM.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#718171 Apr 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Nanoanomaly doesn't get back from all of us combined even ten percent of the abuse she metes out. Easily, nine posts out of ten from her are angry attacks on posters who were never unkind to her. When you defend her, you endorse her ethics and disposition..
You act like nobody has ever read past the comment you are currently spewing. Your crew immediately gangs up on and abuses any new poster as soon as you suspect their tone is leaning toward the religious, you hypocritical liar.

All you creeps ever do is abuse, rant and cackle.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#718172 Apr 20, 2014
You know you've seen it; you just deny it, like a loyal christian godbot.
Your jesus is a lie; a myth, based on older myths. You know this now.
You can't change that. All you can do now is to hate me for showing you the truth.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen you offer no proof that Jesus is a myth.
None.
You claim to have it, you claim that you already posted it. All I'm asking you to do is to post it again.
And you won't even do that.
I've posted it a dozen times, and you deny it exists.

When you see it, you close your eyes and deny its existence.

You're just a lying male whore for jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min NotSoDivineMsM 59,082
MESSAGE to Adam Lanza IN HELL 10 min Charles Bronson 13
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 30 min John B 472
Enough is Enough. Jehovahs Witnesses is a incid... (Oct '15) 32 min Comeonnow 2
1z0-808 Real Exam Dumps 51 min jhoniliver 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 51 min Robert F 695,341
1z0-808 Dumps Questions 54 min addison 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr youareaperv 446,240
More from around the web