Prove there's a god.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#715691 Apr 13, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Questioning the Bible, hey? I found that to be a true path to sanity, plus people like you and Wilderide have helped me to do it. It should be taken as literature, not gospel.
No wonder the fundies believe that God hates FAQs.
:-)
The gospels should be taken as good news.:)(That's what "gospel" means.)
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#715692 Apr 13, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha touche :)
What? A harmonious chord?!?!
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#715693 Apr 13, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
"may be"
may be

i should let you know i have plenty of money, diamonds, and growing investments. aside from these:

4 academic awards and an honor in high school
from high school to college an academic scholar
3 college diplomas
my parents, "Most Outstanding Parents of the Year" for having a son (me) garnering most of the awards in high school
perfect 4.0 gpa when i graduated my computer
won 2 gay beauty contests
a supervisor or director at work
witnessed a real Miracle on June 30, 2011
applauded loudly after i danced solo during Christmas parties
also, many people told me i look 20 years younger

in other words, you are nothing compared to me.:)
gort

Anonymous Proxy

#715694 Apr 13, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
My specific congregation or the Christian church worldwide?
If you expect me to downplay the abuses that Christianity as a whole has committed, that would be dishonest. I won't downplay it or condone it. It happened. If you expect me to resist so you have more ammunition to use (claiming we don't admit our own wrongdoings) then forget it. I'm not going to hand you a pretense on a silver platter.
If you expect me to defend my own specific denomination or congregation, I can, I have, and I will.
"if you expect me to downplay the abuses that Christianity as a whole has committed, that would be dishonest..." She is indefensible. We dated in grad school. Lovely girl but she was flirtatious. Thank you for not defending her.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#715695 Apr 13, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a piece in the Bible that says not to pray in public....I think it was Jebus saying so.
From Matthew 6

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

I guess RR is like so many Christians. He cherry picks the parts he likes and ignores the rest.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#715696 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't see your amendment, so there's no way I could ignore it.

Either way, you're wrong. Your amended version would read something like "since its inception, Christianity is responsible for every bad thing that happens to mankind".

My Vesuvius? Burying Pompeii? That was a bad thing.

A bad thing you would blame on Christianity?

Hurricane Sandy? That two?

AIDS? Christianity invented it or what?

Traffic accidents.

Mad cow disease.

I think you get my point.
First of all, you're a liar, you saw my amendment, posted to your brother in christinsanity, on ARAMFAR.

According to John McTernan, your other brother in christinsanity;

<quoted text>
“What I am saying is the judgment is for the government promoting homosexual 'marriage' as an ordinance. Once a nation legalizes sin, like abortion and homosexual “marriage”: that nation falls under the direct judgment of the Holy God of Israel. God does not destroy a nation right away but first warns.”
<quoted text>
http://www.examiner.com/article/why-god-cause...

Your alleged god is a christian god.

Natural disasters are a "product of sin", like headaches.

Natural disasters, according to christians, are caused by the alleged christian god and often blamed on homosexuals (who have power over the alleged, all knowing, puny christian god).

Your alleged god is a product of christianity.

Therefore, christianity is responsible for Hurricane Sandy.

Due to word count restrictions, I'll cover the others in a separate post.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#715697 Apr 13, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me started on kinky stuff.
I'd do Joan right now on TV :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =tcCPNHIwRK8XX
She's not quite so young now, you know.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#715698 Apr 13, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Funny about that. Even if they can't give you enough fears to last for this life, there is the fear that you will not be allowed into Heaven in the next.
Yep. Fear isn't love. Or respect for that matter.

Crappiest alleged god ever.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#715699 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down, I never said he didn't happen. I said that they are probably unlikely to happen. I also said that you shouldn't blame all Christians for the acts of few.
I blame your infectious religion on the acts of the majority.

Individuals are judged based on their own merits or lack thereof.

D!ckhead.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#715700 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you gotten used to the "I didn't say that" debate? Isn't it nauseating?
Theist: I believe I God.
Atheist: Thanks for proving you love Satan.
Theist: I didn't say that.
Atheist: Yes you did, your posts prove it.
Theist: O__O
Are you arguing with yourself now? lol

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#715701 Apr 13, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>There is a piece in the Bible that says not to pray in public....I think it was Jebus saying so.
Matthew 6:6

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#715702 Apr 13, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>It has been observed that there is NO free-will. I think God even says that, or alludes to it.

You'll have to read some philosophers to find out why...IDK
LMFAAO!! Ar ar reading philosophy. Gold.
gort

Anonymous Proxy

#715703 Apr 13, 2014
Angel wrote:
I know God is real because I have felt his Spirit fill me. All I can do is tell you from complete experience that he is real.

have you been filled with the Holy Spirit?

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#715704 Apr 13, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is an "Atheist apologetic website" that quotes the jesus! character?
Good to know.
LOL

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#715705 Apr 13, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Life wasn't perfect in pagan times either, you know. Although sometimes I would like to don and toga and go back...
No, life wasn't perfect but it was better, now with how we've evolved it would be better still.

Oh wait, christians have to spread their misery and try to stick us all back in the dark ages.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#715706 Apr 13, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That's amusing, and when you look at the properties of *love* as described or said to be: Love is all in your head, and has no objective existence. Love isn't a person or *entity*. Love doesn't think, has no ideals or morals, and no personality of its own. Love is is said to be a good thing, but humans quite often do terrible things in the name of love. Also, love didn't create the world, didn't create people, etc.
Just replace the word *love* with the word *god* in what you read above, and its obvious when someone says, "god is love", that's an atheist statement.
You yourself just now equated your deity to being a process of the mind - which is what love is - not an "all powerful, omnipotent and omniscient being".
Love is not "all in the head". Love makes the heart leap and the lips tingle. Love, real love causes us to consider the loved one's happiness before our own.

And, FYI, some of us ARE created by love.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#715707 Apr 13, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>Blonde hair and blue eyes---the Aryan ideal of Hitler's Master Race.
You'd think one would get it by now huh?

Idiota.

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#715708 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you did, I don't anymore.
<quoted text>
Oh. Well shit, you could've just said that to begin with. I'm virtually ignorant of Stregheria.
I didn't know they were many different varieties of it. Is there a specific one that you follow?
I just go by what my mom's side of the family taught me. They've been at it for a long time, and there's no way of knowing how much it's been modified and changed throughout all those generations; every person puts their own unique personal stamp on it, and passes it down to the next generation who is going to put *their* personal stamp on it.

Simply put, "stregheria" is just an Italian word for "witchcraft." It's a generic. It is most definitely *not* an organized system of belief. As in Wicca or "traditional" British witchcraft, each Circle or tradition is completely autonomous, independent from and not answerable to the others. It's pretty anarchistic. No one in the Old Ways says, "This is how you're supposed to do it," as it is with christianity or other organized systems; in the Old Ways, every separate Circle (or "coven," if you will) says, "This is how *we* do it."

About the only thing that *all* the divergent stregha groups agree on is, "All acts of love and compassion gain favor with the Goddess."
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you continue to post this opinion of yours as if it's a fact?
About gods being human inventions?

Because I've studied comparative religions for most of my life, and they've all led me to the same conclusion: that gods are human inventions.

My nonna, however, would vehemently disagree.

Like I said; we're pretty anarchistic.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#715709 Apr 13, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a surgeon.
I remember the short story well.
In fact, I remember everything.
It's not as fun as it might seem.
It has been a long time since I read it..

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#715710 Apr 13, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
So, are you saying they could have grabbed anyone, accused him of being jesus, then beaten the shit out of him and crucified him, and nobody would have known the difference?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God would've.
Well, "he" shoulda wrote it down for everyone else; woulda saved a lot of grief and headaches.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min Inspector Nr 2 44,356
ISRAEL, EU to 'GIVE' POPE Authority of 3rd Temple 5 min YTubeExclusive 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Happy Lesbo 38,112
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min Inspector Nr 2 104,667
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Regina 641,527
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 24 min Barnsweb 18,693
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 29 min bad bob 182,281
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Janitor Of The LORD 618,390
More from around the web