You, think?

>:)

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#715207 Apr 12, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it makes you wonder when a long-time poster suddenly stops.
I recall a poster going by "hexene" some years ago on the evolution threads. He had a PhD in chemistry and was also a veteran of the 101st, having fought at Hamburger Hill. He was in one of the battalions that was temporarily cut off.
He suddenly stopped posting and we heard some time later he had died. He is missed.
BTW...I haven't seen anything from Fossil Bob in a long time. Does anyone have word of him?
Yo DS

Fossil Bob is still doing well, he is just keeping busy with the grandchildren. He is not the most active man on Facebook, but he does show up from time to time. A very good man, definitely in my top 5 favourite posters.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#715208 Apr 12, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
If porter drowned, I hope it was in a tub full of his own diarrhea.
You should watch "47 Ronin".

It's got an evil, sexy, Really Real Witch! that you would probably masturbate to thinking you could do the same things.

“Yes, I'm A Witch; Deal With It”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#715209 Apr 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts can be proven.
Prove yourself right.
G'head.
I already did.

I suggest you pay closer attention to what people tell you, and stop trying to recreate reality inside of your imagination.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#715210 Apr 12, 2014
Facia di culo! Che pezzo di stronzo estupido!!
spaghetti lasagna pesto alfredo tacos enchiladas beer pretzels

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#715211 Apr 12, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there you go. Thanks for the update.
He had disappeared from that thread for several weeks as well. Now my best guesses are a recent prolonged hospitalization or financial reversal.
I was thinking he may have been trapped in a tangle of strings and magnets in his garage while searching for the source of the electromagnetic spectrum and how it interacts with dark matter.

Or something like that.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#715212 Apr 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never justified pedophilia, heterosexual or homosexual.
You don't get to call yourself "not a ignorant, lying, hate-filled scumbag", because you constantly lie, you're ignorant, and you're full of hate.
Sure you did.

You lied about the fact that heterosexual pedophilia is far more common than heterosexual pedophilia.
You justified your deity getting a teen pregnant out of wedlock.
etc.

You are a proven scumbag by your own posts and everyone knows it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#715213 Apr 12, 2014
<quoted text>I already did.

I suggest you pay closer attention to what people tell you, and stop trying to recreate reality inside of your imagination.
No you didn't, if you posted evidence that God isn't real, I wouldn't be asking you to post it again.

The *fact* is that you have no evidence, it's just you're very strong opinion.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#715214 Apr 12, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. This post is an instant classic: When cultures collide.
$100 says there are at least 6 bodies buried in DR's basement.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#715215 Apr 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
There's no such thing as magic.
That is what we have been telling you. No resurrection, no virgin birth, etc.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#715216 Apr 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever, the link didn't work for me. I tried it on both my iPhone's Safari and on the app. It didn't work.
Hm.

Ok.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#715217 Apr 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<

You lied about the fact that heterosexual pedophilia is far more common than heterosexual pedophilia.
Oh.

Now it all makes sense.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#715218 Apr 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts can be proven......
So prove your God exists or STFU about it.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#715219 Apr 12, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Not always. Some universities refer to the PhD paper as a thesis as well. The graduate program I was in did so. It is not very common, but it does happen.
Afrikaans does not have a good translation for "dissertation", but "thesis" is directly translated into "tesis". Hence, most Afrikaans speakers would use the term "thesis" when referring to a dissertation. Before the end of Apartheid, most universities were filled by white Afrikaans students and during this time, "thesis" became the operative word in English. After the end of Apartheid, very large numbers of black students have been allowed into the universities, but the preference for the term "thesis" remained.

Location hidden

#715220 Apr 12, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
There's not a single shred of evidence to back up and of this BS you wrote.
<quoted text>
Next "victim?" Victim of what, your christian arrogance?
Throw a little insult, make a little threat, and then claim some sort of victory.
I'll bet you're a wiz at pigeon chess.
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
Kaitlin, where do you get the idea I'm threatening anyone? Good grief!! LOL

I called feces an ankle-biting chihuahua. What happens to ankle biting dogs? LOL
Next victim is my way of saying "batter up!". The end result will be the same whether I say "next victim" or "batter up."
Two completely different connotations.

I said, "a little threat." Like when you're refering to someone as your next "victim." It's an empty threat, but still one you like to use.
<quoted text> And it's not Christian arrogance.
That's *exactly* what it is.
<quoted text>Christians aren't supposed to think they're better than anyone based on their religious beliefs.
Yet the vast majority of them---especially here---do exactly that.
<quoted text> I'm not better because of my religion. My arrogance (and I admit to being arrogant) comes from my success as a historian.:)
Yeah, right.(eyeroll)
<quoted text>So I'm not an arrogant Christian. I'm an arrogant historian who believes Christianity is true from a historical perspective.:)
In other words, you're an arrogant christian.
<quoted text>How ya doin?:)
You know me; I'm just being my quiet, reserved, polite and lady-like self.

We had an elderly gentleman come into the clinic today to have his 12-year-old Boston Terrier put down. The poor guy, I felt so sorry for him. Performing euthanasias is the only part of my job that I really, really *hate.*

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#715221 Apr 12, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking he may have been trapped in a tangle of strings and magnets in his garage while searching for the source of the electromagnetic spectrum and how it interacts with dark matter.
Or something like that.
<The Dave Nelson> "....Or I may be visiting the realm of the green electric mist reptilian...Okay, I must disintegrate into the aether now..."

“Love much, trust none”

There

#715222 Apr 12, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Errors are cumulative and the more calculations you make, the greater the final error.
A friend of mine has a story from when he took Chemistry 101. They were given a homework exercise on error bars. On one of the problems, the final answer was "undetermined" because the error had become larger than the result.
One student insisted his numerical answer was THE answer because that was what his calculator had given him and therefor there couldn't be any error.
LOL
An example of GIGO.
I recall this being driven home in programming classes because a computer must round all irrational values and even many rational one (such as 1/3). Same goes with calculators. Those rounding errors accumulate. Particularly with operations like exponentiation.
I had to convince engineers that their tolerances for hydraulic lines in the CH53E were useless because the tolerances they allowed would end up a foot too long at the final run because no one was going to cut pipe on the lower tolerance (always cut longer). They assumed that plus and minuses would balance out.

Location hidden

#715223 Apr 12, 2014
<quoted text>Since Arr Arr is closing his eyes right now, trying to make this entire exchange go away as he screams his lungs out and shits himself blind, let's all see it again!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep on reading, Really Real Witch!
I've already explained it to Ben, maybe you'll understand.
Probably not though
Ben and I both read your "explanation." DS and a couple of others read it, too.

Care to guess what our conclusion was?

Location hidden

#715225 Apr 12, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>Prove there's a god.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Do it yourself.
Then don't tell me to prove there's no god.

To use your own words, from so many of your posts, "I don't have to."

“Love much, trust none”

There

#715226 Apr 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, your link didn't work.....
Yes it did you lying sack of shit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will the False Prophet come from the Vatican??? 22 min pusherman_ 22
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Michael 560,750
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 52 min chie rocco 119,700
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 53 min who 265,590
Gay snapchat names 56 min edm732 188
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 1 hr Clear Dharma 59
priestessobodo@gmail.com 1 hr jessica 1
Moses never existed 1 hr KiMare 862
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Qu_innocence 605,392
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 hr yon 4,940
More from around the web