|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
At the end note*
"I thank Jon Covey for much of the source material cited in this article, and for some other contributions as well."
http://www.creationinthecrossfire.org/Article...
www.creationinthecrossfire.org
Jon Covey is a flaming retard creationist science denying pseudoscience vs science revisionist dumbass.
Verses flaming retarded atheist scientist such as Hawkins who advocates atheism?

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>d = c1*p + c2*n
Dishonest? So you call UNC dishonest when they claim...
Is UNC being dishonest? No.

The web page you linked to is not an official statement by UNC, but rather a personal opinion of Dr. David A. Plaisted...a professor of computer science. In other words...someone not trained in physics. The statement you link to is a personal one, and one based upon ignorance.

Can you say "argument from authority"?

BTW, the home page your link belongs to has been removed from the UNC web site and is now found at...

http://tasc-creationscience.org/other/plaiste...

...titled...

A Creation Perspective

...with the following tagline...

"By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and all their host by the breath of his mouth.
Psalm 33:6 "

This is not an opinion of a credible physicist, nor is it the opinion of UNC. It is the opinion of a creationist. In other words, BS.

For discussions on where and how Plaisted is wrong see...

Comments on David Plaisted's "The Radiometric Dating Game" - Part 1
http://www.tim-thompson.com/plaisted-review.h...

Comments on David Plaisted's "The Radiometric Dating Game" - Part 2
http://www.tim-thompson.com/plaisted-review2....

A Response to David Plaisted
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/molgen/plaist...

Not So Amusing Geological Misinterpretations
http://www.noanswersingenesis.org.au/plaisted...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That was completely racist and uncalled for.
Meh. River will get the joke.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
U ok?
You seem nuttier than usual.
Yeah, u know it's been a while i been on here, maybe that's why!

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not resist exposing your BLATANT lies. I feel responsible to my peers to at least make them aware of your blatant dishonesty../..and you absolutely are dishonest and a liar.
Is that mirror talk boy? Your peers are in middle school. They should not be on here and neither should you.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
she's just jealous cuz you and me we were prom king and queen and made out behind the bleechers until we went to our hotel room and then.....;-)
That sure wouldn't surprise me none bozo. I would estimate the mentality and moral values of the two of you put together to still be in the (-) range. Pervert cristers together forever.......

“I love Jesus”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Because alcohol and cigarettes are known, large scale killers.
Weed is not.
What if I do not inhale?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> That was not a creationist site. How about UNC.. they have the same results. I am guessing Chapel Hill's study lies too huh??
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~plaisted/ce/dating2.ht...
I just addressed this...yes it was a creationist.

The home page has been removed from UNC...except it appears that some remnants remain. It is not the official word of UNC.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Marijuana is safer than your beer and cigarettes.
You don't honestly believe that do you? Basically a joint is an unfiltered more powerful version of a cigarette, that has a drug more powerful than nicotine.
You can't possibly think that's any safer than a cigarette. Though I will admit I don't think a pot high is as physically impairing as alcohol , it may in fact be to some as bad or even worse.
But I would expect the physical adverse to be at least as bad as smoking unfiltered cigarettes, which at one point were smoked for the nicotine buzz , in exactly the same unfiltered way marijuana is today..

“I love Jesus”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The worse that can happen if you are high... McD's may get a cheese burger stolen.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> what Medical value does Alcohol Have? they make a THC pill (Marinol ) that is prescribed for MS patients and others. they doing wonders with another chemical in pot for Epilepsy. Roll with the changes RR..
If alcohol were just discovered today, it would be banned like heroin and cocaine.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
SHHHH!
He doesn't understand that since his religious brainwashing...most of his world revolves around fantasy....his deity being at the core, and the biggest fantasy of them all.
What? r u talking to me about God? R u sayin' bad stuff about my good God? R u talkin' the piss? Fear God, u mortal mushroom!!! He'll have u for breakfast, repent before it's toooooo late!!!

“I love Jesus”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
she's just jealous cuz you and me we were prom king and queen and made out behind the bleechers until we went to our hotel room and then.....;-)
Oh whatta night.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Another misconception about a "seed bearing" plant. my brother has MS and them THC pills help him more than anything. tell your belief to that little girl that was suffering 25 seizures a day, due to Epilepsy that is now under control thanks to an Ingredient in pot. more and more studies are being done on pot RR, and more and more doctors are seeing Medicinal value of pot. So Alcoholics don't abuse Alcohol? in my opinion is the most abused drug of all and very excessable to anyone that wishes to obtain it. now, what is the Medical value of Alcohol?
RR thinks he is perfect because he is addicted to nicotine and alcohol. Bashing other drugs makes him feel superior. It is the same crap he does with his religion.

"My shit don't stink!" - RR

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You should quit the cigarettes.
And send me some skunk.
You should stop telling people what to do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Cigarettes don't impair my judgment. If you call that safer, so be it. It's only your opinion.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> That was not a creationist site. How about UNC.. they have the same results. I am guessing Chapel Hill's study lies too huh??
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~plaisted/ce/dating2.ht...
I also see that once again you fail to rebut the actual calculation.

Po-Ar dating is not used (by any credible source) for dating things only decades old. The minimum dating is several million years

In the use of any radiometric dating, there are certain caveats that must be adhered to. Henke knew this, yet chose to ignore those caveats...quite dishonestly.

And you claim to have knowledge in chemistry???

“I love Jesus”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not resist exposing your BLATANT lies. I feel responsible to my peers to at least make them aware of your blatant dishonesty../..and you absolutely are dishonest and a liar.
Lies can only be proven if you have facts. Can you prove I lied about anything? Nope, because I have not blatantly lied. Naturally, I have been wrong many times in the past and probably today; is that a lie, or a mistake on my part? On this thread I could have made a mistake or two and if they are brought to my attention, I will admit to my erros. But I was not wrong concerning the Ideal gas law equation :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That was completely racist and uncalled for.
I thought that too, but then i thought it's booze brain, that's what i'd expect!

P.S. Hi batty!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> I cited UNC.. a university known for their research. Or did you miss that part?
No, you cited David Alan Plaisted, who is a computer science professor at UNC, giving an opinion.

That is not the stance of UNC.

It's just the opinion of David Alan Plaisted.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min waaasssuuup 537,243
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Charlie Sheen 259,367
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min Just Think 117,837
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 8 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,209
Was President Obama Born in Kenya? 8 min Obamanation 6
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min Catcher1 172,983
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min KiMare 94,415
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr BenAdam 599,556

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••