Prove there's a god.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#713934 Apr 9, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>WHAT!?
That ain't funny! I can prove it! We even got movies of it! You got a movie of Jesus crucifixion?
The Life of Brian? I surely do captain!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#713935 Apr 9, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Absolute Truth huh? So, Hitler was a Christian, them fkn Catholics!
Hitler was not a Christian, he was a pagan. He said that Christianity is the worst thing that could've ever happened to humanity.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#713936 Apr 9, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the jesus character himself did much other than speak out against organised religion, materialism and government, if he existed as he is portrayed, many people did that.
What was done was not done by this character but by those who used him as a meme for their own ends.
The bloody romans. That's who these people worship. Alwaysthefeckingromans.
Well after the alleged jesus' death. Which in itself was no different as many were crucified in that time.
Julius Caesar was far more impressive and by the markers in the story, I could be jesus.
Exactly

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#713937 Apr 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowadays the term African or African-American seems to denote skin color instead of heritage or family. Mandela is called African, Charlize Theron is called white. Go figure.
If I moved to Africa, could I be a white African-American?
That'd be neat. When I get back to the States, welfare would be easier to get.
Oh. That's great! You support the "back ta Africa movement" too huh?

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#713938 Apr 9, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of the quote and not sure what he means by it. But like I said, I am not a fan of him for his philosophy, I enjoy his insights into marine biology. His knowledge on that front is truly epic.
Deepsea creatures have always fascinated me. Did you know there is an animal known as the pistol shrimp, that blasts its prey with kamehameha-like sound waves? And the energy involved temporarily superheats the water, knocking its prey out cold?
Stuff like that. Friggin' awesome
Watch it in action.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#713939 Apr 9, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Sure, But by the statement he made, I think he was Implying more..He obviously died for more..
People suffer atrocities and death all the time for things strongly believe in.

Jesus' suffered far less than millions have before and since.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#713940 Apr 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowadays the term African or African-American seems to denote skin color instead of heritage or family....t.
Only by the ignorant.

African has been populated by non-blacks for thousands of years.(IE: Egyptians, Arabs, Europeans, Asians and even Jews)
Only Central Africa has a primarily dark skinned population.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#713941 Apr 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was not a Christian, he was a pagan. He said that Christianity is the worst thing that could've ever happened to humanity.
Neither are the Catholics..

Location hidden

#713942 Apr 9, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
The Life of Brian? I surely do captain!
Well, you hold on it REAL tight sis! We'uns may need it--jist ta bolster our position! Hide it in a real safe place....ain't no tell'n what them jesuit demons will do if'n they find out ya got evidence like ont'a that!...an don't ya hide it on yerself, case they burn ya at the stake like they was talk'n 'bout that other time!

Location hidden

#713943 Apr 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He obviously seen what was goin on inside the Vatican when he was there suck'n face with the pope an bushits in Roma.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713944 Apr 9, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Oh. That's great! You support the "back ta Africa movement" too huh?
I didn't know what that was until I googled it right now.

So no.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#713945 Apr 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever Saturnalia once was, it isn't anymore.
Nobody still celebrates Saturnalia.
To say Christmas is the same thing as Saturnalia is misleading and deceptive, kind of like saying cars have wood wheels, because they once did. The correct, and honest, thing to say is that people used to celebrate Saturnalia, now we celebrate Christmas. Just like cars used to have wood wheels, now they don't.
Kinda like your meteor/meteorite thing, huh?

We can be just as stupid about a technicality as your are.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713946 Apr 9, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Only by the ignorant.
Then many people set ignorant.

You know how many people would laugh if you were to call a white person and African-American?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713947 Apr 9, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying Saturnalia is Christmas is not a technicality, it's a gross error.

Location hidden

#713948 Apr 9, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Except he doesn't like it when he's on the receiving end of the arrogant obfuscation and deflection.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713949 Apr 9, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
He obviously seen what was goin on inside the Vatican when he was there suck'n face with the pope an bushits in Roma.
Obviously, that's what politicians do, they lie. Hitler is no exception, he was just another lying politician.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#713950 Apr 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus changed the world in many ways.
He changed the way the ancients looked at children, which still reverberates to this day. The change in outlook on children led to things like orphanages and godparents.
Jesus changed the way we look at education, which inspired people to form the "The Old Deluder Satan Act", and open colleges like Cambridge, Oxford and Harvard, all Jesus inspired colleges.
Jesus changed compassion in the hearts of men. His healing of the sick led to institutions for the lepers, which ultimately led to the world's first hospitals.
Jesus just changed humility. Jesus is God, yet he washed people's feet and slept in the dirt. His message that we are all "children of God" changed the class warfare.
Jesus changed the way we look at forgiveness, His message of "turn the other cheek" inspired many people to avoid fights and war.
The influence of some unelected Carpender 2,000 years ago changed the world, and we're still seeing the results of His actions and how He inspired people and how He STILL inspires people.
Jesus' attitude towards children? How many times does Jesus actually mention kids? And what practical advice does he give parents other than that the "children should come to him", a passage that I honestly link to paedophelia?

Also, most of the major Eastern religions have your Jesus beat when it comes to humility, as they as much older. When you look at your average Buddhist or Hindu, theu exude much, much more humility than any Christian I have ever seen. Plus, the "I am the way, I am the light" is far from humble.

Healing of the sick? Most religions on earth claimtheir deities healed the sick. That is not an original Christian claim. As for universities, again wrong. If you want to thank someone for the evolution of education, thank the muslims.

Now, once again. You have Newton to thank for the production of just about every modern comfort you can name and most of those you cannot.

Newton was the person on whose work we built to finally go to the moon. If we one day have to leave our planet due to a possible extinction, that woukd be Newton's legacy, too.

Location hidden

#713951 Apr 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying Saturnalia is Christmas is not a technicality, it's a gross error.
So is calling you a real christian.

Location hidden

#713952 Apr 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, that's what politicians do, they lie. Hitler is no exception, he was just another lying politician.
So is the pope, Haggard, Graham and co.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#713953 Apr 9, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch it in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =eKPrGxB1KzcXX
Frigging awesome

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 4 min ImFree2Choose 2,347
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 7 min Johnny 4,854
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 25 min Joe Fortuna 56,150
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 31 min Lbj 106,078
why have black people got no history? (Apr '11) 43 min UnderstandPeople 16
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 54 min Noname 509
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 1 hr UnderstandPeople 210
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Liamm 650,545
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Rider on the Storm 182,965
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 hr ChristineM 445,930
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 18 hr kobechi3 71
More from around the web