“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#713894 Apr 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't dish out lies.
Try again.
Yes you do. You continually refer to me as an atheist when you have been told over and over I am not.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#713895 Apr 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No different? Can you list names of other people that were crucified in that time, maybe on that day or that week?
Names? No, not readily.

The jesus character being used as a meme does not mean that others were not crucified on that day or that week or that month or that year.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#713896 Apr 9, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
What influence does Jesus have on this day and age? I know in the eons gone by, we had the Crusades, the Inquisition... But today? Does anything Jesus taught improve your quality of life? Does he make you understand electricity better? Did he give out rules for building structurally sound walls? Does he make your car go any faster? Does he put food in your belly?
Newton's laws have played a part, either with manufacturing or implementation of all of the above. And just about anything else you can think of.
Jesus changed the world in many ways.

He changed the way the ancients looked at children, which still reverberates to this day. The change in outlook on children led to things like orphanages and godparents.

Jesus changed the way we look at education, which inspired people to form the "The Old Deluder Satan Act", and open colleges like Cambridge, Oxford and Harvard, all Jesus inspired colleges.

Jesus changed compassion in the hearts of men. His healing of the sick led to institutions for the lepers, which ultimately led to the world's first hospitals.

Jesus just changed humility. Jesus is God, yet he washed people's feet and slept in the dirt. His message that we are all "children of God" changed the class warfare.

Jesus changed the way we look at forgiveness, His message of "turn the other cheek" inspired many people to avoid fights and war.

The influence of some unelected Carpender 2,000 years ago changed the world, and we're still seeing the results of His actions and how He inspired people and how He STILL inspires people.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713897 Apr 9, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you do. You continually refer to me as an atheist when you have been told over and over I am not.
I don't recall you telling me that you were either theist or atheist. Due to your hatred of God, I assumed that you are an atheist. Now that I know you're not...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713898 Apr 9, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Names? No, not readily.
The jesus character being used as a meme does not mean that others were not crucified on that day or that week or that month or that year.
Oh.

Then you should recant your bullshit statement that Jesus' crucifixion was "no different as many were crucified in that time".

Location hidden

#713899 Apr 9, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a question. Is it really so big for African Americans to go and visit Africa? I have heard that it is to them almost like a journey to Mecca is to the Muslims. Is this true?
I dunno DF.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#713900 Apr 9, 2014
Crucifixion was the death penalty in the time that the jesus character was killed.

<quoted text>
Roman Crucifixion
History, Facts and Information about Roman Crucifixion

Roman Crucifixion - The Cause of Death
The main cause of death by Roman crucifixion was due to asphyxiation. Asphyxiation results from lack of exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide due to respiratory failure or disturbance, resulting in insufficient brain oxygen, which leads to unconsciousness and death. The execution method of Roman Crucifixion could produce death from a number of other causes, including physical shock caused by the scourging that preceded the crucifixion shock from the process of being nailed to the cross, dehydration or exhaustion.

Roman Crucifixion - The Method and Process of Roman Crucifixion
The punishment of Roman crucifixion was chiefly inflicted on slaves and the worst kind of criminals. Crucifixion was considered a most shameful and disgraceful way to die and condemned Roman citizens were usually exempt from crucifixion The manner and process of crucifixion was that the criminal, after sentence had been pronounced, carried his cross to the place of execution, which was outside the city. The practice of scourging appears to have formed a part of this, as with of other capital punishments among the Romans. The Romans used a whip for scourging called a flagrum, which consisted of small pieces of bone and metal attached to a number of leather strands. The skin of the back was ripped to the bone from scourging. The criminal was next stripped of his clothes and nailed or bound to the cross. The latter was the more painful method of crucifixion, as the sufferer was left to die of hunger. Instances are recorded of persons who survived nine days. Before the nailing to the cross took place, a medicated cup of vinegar mixed with gall and myrrh (the sopor) was given, for the purpose of deadening the pangs of the sufferer. Roman Crucifixion was typically carried out by specialized teams, consisting of a commanding centurion and four soldiers. It was usual to leave the body on the cross after death. The breaking of the legs of the thieves, mentioned in the Gospels, was sometimes used because Jewish law expressly forbid that the bodies could not remain on the cross during the Sabbath-day.

The crux decussata (X), also called the crux Andreana, because according to tradition St. Andrew was said to have suffered upon it.
The crux commissa (T), or St. Anthony's cross. This type of cross was formed like a T.
The crux immissa (t), or Latin cross, which was the kind of cross on which Jesus Christ died. The Latin cross had a longer descending arm associated with the cross of Jesus crucifixion.
Jesus on the Cross

The furca, meaning a fork was the name of another Roman instrument of punishment. It was a piece of wood in the form of the letter A. The furca was used in the ancient mode of capital punishment among the Romans; the criminal was tied to it, and then scourged to death. The patibulum was also an instrument of punishment, resembling the furca; it appears to have been in the form of the letter Π. Both the furca and patibulum were employed as crosses to which criminals were nailed.
<quoted text>
http://www.tribunesandtriumphs.org/roman-life...

To put it as simply as possible; lots of criminals were crucified in the time of the jesus character's death.

Some people even survived it. Puny alleged god.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713901 Apr 9, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I pick me?
I have no Spanish or Australian heritage either.
Mayan/Aryan, relocated.
Lol

The German Brazilian Mayan Australian, huh?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#713902 Apr 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever Saturnalia once was, it isn't anymore.
Nobody still celebrates Saturnalia.
To say Christmas is the same thing as Saturnalia is misleading and deceptive, kind of like saying cars have wood wheels, because they once did. The correct, and honest, thing to say is that people used to celebrate Saturnalia, now we celebrate Christmas. Just like cars used to have wood wheels, now they don't.
If it helps you rest better..

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#713903 Apr 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh.

Then you should recant your bullshit statement that Jesus' crucifixion was "no different as many were crucified in that time".
Why?

The jesus character was crucified just like any other criminal of his time. I stand by my statement.

People in power making up stories long after the character's death doesn't change the commonality of the death itself.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#713904 Apr 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus changed the world in many ways.

He changed the way the ancients looked at children, which still reverberates to this day. The change in outlook on children led to things like orphanages and godparents.

Jesus changed the way we look at education, which inspired people to form the "The Old Deluder Satan Act", and open colleges like Cambridge, Oxford and Harvard, all Jesus inspired colleges.

Jesus changed compassion in the hearts of men. His healing of the sick led to institutions for the lepers, which ultimately led to the world's first hospitals.

Jesus just changed humility. Jesus is God, yet he washed people's feet and slept in the dirt. His message that we are all "children of God" changed the class warfare.

Jesus changed the way we look at forgiveness, His message of "turn the other cheek" inspired many people to avoid fights and war.

The influence of some unelected Carpender 2,000 years ago changed the world, and we're still seeing the results of His actions and how He inspired people and how He STILL inspires people.
Is this a joke? It's very funny.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713905 Apr 9, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> If it helps you rest better..
Yes, the truth helps me rest better.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#713906 Apr 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Lol

The German Brazilian Mayan Australian, huh?
Are you really this stupid? It's not a put on? Seriously?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#713907 Apr 9, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Crucifixion was the death penalty in the time that the jesus character was killed.
<quoted text>
Roman Crucifixion
History, Facts and Information about Roman Crucifixion
Roman Crucifixion - The Cause of Death
The main cause of death by Roman crucifixion was due to asphyxiation. Asphyxiation results from lack of exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide due to respiratory failure or disturbance, resulting in insufficient brain oxygen, which leads to unconsciousness and death. The execution method of Roman Crucifixion could produce death from a number of other causes, including physical shock caused by the scourging that preceded the crucifixion shock from the process of being nailed to the cross, dehydration or exhaustion.
Roman Crucifixion - The Method and Process of Roman Crucifixion
The punishment of Roman crucifixion was chiefly inflicted on slaves and the worst kind of criminals. Crucifixion was considered a most shameful and disgraceful way to die and condemned Roman citizens were usually exempt from crucifixion The manner and process of crucifixion was that the criminal, after sentence had been pronounced, carried his cross to the place of execution, which was outside the city. The practice of scourging appears to have formed a part of this, as with of other capital punishments among the Romans. The Romans used a whip for scourging called a flagrum, which consisted of small pieces of bone and metal attached to a number of leather strands. The skin of the back was ripped to the bone from scourging. The criminal was next stripped of his clothes and nailed or bound to the cross. The latter was the more painful method of crucifixion, as the sufferer was left to die of hunger. Instances are recorded of persons who survived nine days. Before the nailing to the cross took place, a medicated cup of vinegar mixed with gall and myrrh (the sopor) was given, for the purpose of deadening the pangs of the sufferer. Roman Crucifixion was typically carried out by specialized teams, consisting of a commanding centurion and four soldiers. It was usual to leave the body on the cross after death. The breaking of the legs of the thieves, mentioned in the Gospels, was sometimes used because Jewish law expressly forbid that the bodies could not remain on the cross during the Sabbath-day.
The crux decussata (X), also called the crux Andreana, because according to tradition St. Andrew was said to have suffered upon it.
The crux commissa (T), or St. Anthony's cross. This type of cross was formed like a T.
The crux immissa (t), or Latin cross, which was the kind of cross on which Jesus Christ died. The Latin cross had a longer descending arm associated with the cross of Jesus crucifixion.
Jesus on the Cross
The furca, meaning a fork was the name of another Roman instrument of punishment. It was a piece of wood in the form of the letter A. The furca was used in the ancient mode of capital punishment among the Romans; the criminal was tied to it, and then scourged to death. The patibulum was also an instrument of punishment, resembling the furca; it appears to have been in the form of the letter Π. Both the furca and patibulum were employed as crosses to which criminals were nailed.
<quoted text>
http://www.tribunesandtriumphs.org/roman-life...
To put it as simply as possible; lots of criminals were crucified in the time of the jesus character's death.
Some people even survived it. Puny alleged god.
( Capital Punishment ) Death. No one would have come down from that alive, it was meant to cause death, it would be like saying one survives the Gas Chamber..

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#713908 Apr 9, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you do. You continually refer to me as an atheist when you have been told over and over I am not.
In his defence, I didn't know I was an atheist until he told me.

*rolls eyes*

Location hidden

#713909 Apr 9, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, a trained historian. Do you make up BS titles to boost your ego and make yourself feel better?
She spelled "hysterian" wrong again.......... But it goes ta show....chimps CAN be trained!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713910 Apr 9, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
The jesus character was crucified just like any other criminal of his time. I stand by my statement.
People in power making up stories long after the character's death doesn't change the commonality of the death itself.
You claim that's it's "no different".

Yet you cannot find a name of another person crucified in Jesus' time. And you cannot find any other man that started was was to become the world's largest religion after crucifixion.

Your google search copy/paste of crucifixions demonstrated that.

There are significant differences between Jesus' crucifixion and anybody else's.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#713911 Apr 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the truth helps me rest better.
Truth means stuff that's true. The word you're looking for is; delusion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713912 Apr 9, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Are you really this stupid? It's not a put on? Seriously?
I love these little concession speeches you do.

Encore! Encore!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713913 Apr 9, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Is this a joke? It's very funny.
That's not a rebuttal, DS.

That's just you whining.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Dr Banonator 56,119
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 50 min akon mason 70
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 618,575
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr Johnny 4,848
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 2 hr Johnny 507
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr RoSesz 650,173
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 hr Steve III 439
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 44,955
More from around the web