Prove there's a god.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#713247 Apr 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> That's your evidence? you are weak hearted ain't cha? so, you're a "Liberal Christian" one of them new age BS'ers! go lick your nuts dude. you got nothing!
what is the evidence for resurrection? besides christianity being founded on it by the Anti Christ?
you believe belief or non belief is a personal opinion? then why the He!! you here condemning some for their non belief?
Oh btw what organized religion was that I belonged to? lol

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#713248 Apr 7, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> Not every believer in a deity is a creationist. Most are not.
BTW, your "most" is not. While a significant fraction of Christians accept the science of evolution, the latest polls show somewhere close to 60% of Americans deny evolution. A sad fact, but true.

That would put most Christians believing in some form of creationism.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#713249 Apr 7, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the ability to laugh at myself.
Thank God.
To anybody with any degree of understanding, you are a laughingstock.

Location hidden

#713250 Apr 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
There is historical evidence supporting the resurrection. Of course many just dismiss that out of hand based on personal bias as opposed to arguing the merits.
where the FK is it dude? you been talkn that shyt for an hour now, running in circles like a dog chasing his tail.. put up, or shut up! put it on the board where we all can see it, you might win some converts..
Are you blind or just willfully ignorant?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#713251 Apr 7, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in a deity.
I don't think the earth was created in 6 days.
I believe in evolution.
I believe evolution could be the tool of creation by a deity.
I believe Jesus existed.
I believe there is legitimate evidence for the resurrection.
I believe these threads attract an unusually high percentage of angry people whose only intention is to insult the beliefs of others to feed their own egos.
I believe these threads attract many people whose atheism is motivated by revenge and the need to attack organized religion for being their persecutors by not accepting their alternative lifestyles.
I believe belief or not belief is a personal matter.
I believe these threads are the battleground for the fringes of both sides.
So tell me what organized religion do I belong to?
It would appear that you consider yourself a christian.

christianity is an evolved belief system, based upon older mythology.

2000 years of modification and it is still ridiculous.

which "reinterpreted" bible do you hold as "truth"?

Location hidden

#713252 Apr 7, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...did I say they were?
I assumed that was the implication. If however I was wrong I happily retract.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#713253 Apr 7, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Gospels, Jesus survived the crucifixion only to succumb to complications and infection from the crucifixion and die about month later.
I was just asking because I ate his flesh and drank his blood once.

Is there a U.S.D.A warning on the wafers now?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#713254 Apr 7, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> You can read but have problems deciphering the meaning of words,that much is abundantly clear.Same your reply, your hopeless.
No, I understand your BS! I am not the one claiming evidence for a resurrection, you are dude, one which YOU said YOU had historical evidence for. Produce it, that's all I or anyone here ask. you ain't got shyt, nothing but your "Liberal Christian" BS! Go lay down, and lick your nuts!

“How You Treat Me”

Since: May 10

Determines How I Treat You

#713255 Apr 7, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
In this. you would be wrong.
There is no historical evidence of Jesus. There is certainly no historical evidence o his resurrection.
If the Bible is evidence of Jesus, then Lord of the Rings is evidence of elves.
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
To the contrary there is evidence of Jesus that is accepted by the majority of scholars.
You clearly fall into the same category as your more angry comrade in non belief.
You keep saying that, Arr Arr, but you refuse to provide any.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#713256 Apr 7, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
This will be the 3rd time on this thread I am suggesting reading William Lane Craigs evidence for the resurrection. I am not about to cut and paste the chapter of a book pages as some do. As for talking shyt I believe my take on some of these posters is spot on and their reactions bear it out.
bring craig along to defend his own lies.

You are obviously not capable of forming an argument.

I have no interest in debating craig's contentions with someone who cannot defend them.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#713257 Apr 7, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't one shred of any evidence of your phony jesus. Not a shred. Your own damn buybull doesn't even describe him.
There is more ancient evidence for Jesus than for Julius Caesar. It's a modern misconception to believe that ancient writings should adapt to our understanding. This is a literary fallacy. Rather than presuppose that a writing should conform to our understanding, it is our responsibility to conform our understanding to the past writing in an attempt to discern what the writer is trying to say from within a specific culture, during a specific time in history. Don't think that I'm advocating that we should think as they did, but rather that we should be aware of how they thought and how those thoughts influenced the way in which they wrote.

Having said that, the style of ancient writers varied in accordance with their intended audience, and their purpose in writing. Even if you don't want to accept the gospels as divinely inspired, they are very early and very primitive attempts to write history. Physical descriptions weren't as nearly as important as the deeds performed and the words spoken by the subject. This is very different than modern writing. The change in writing biographies in the modern sense was a direct result of the invention of the Gutenburg printing press in approximately 1450. Before the Gutenburg press, most everything was written by hand.
The Chinese did have their own version of a press about 1048 A.D. but it was the Gutenburg press that revolutionized the way books were authored. Writers had more time to research and include details in their works than before the press was invented. Such details as physical appearance became standard features in writing after that time.

And to affirm the historicity of Jesus, one only needs to read the secular accounts to know it's true. The reason for this is that Tacitus was regarded as one of Rome's finest historians. Everything we know of the Caesars,(Julius, Augustus, Claudius) and those who came after, comes from a single source; Tacitus. The much debated TF of Josephus is a credible document, even with the interpolation. The interpolation was not a dishonest attempt to insert a historical figure. The interpolation was an honest attempt to correct misconceptions about that historical figure. Due to Tacitus and Josephus, we gain most of our historical knowledge of life in first century Palestine from their efforts.

Of course the hyper-skeptical will close their eyes and hold their hands over their ears, kicking their feet and screeching "Lalalalalalalalalalalala aaaaa I can't hear you!!" to avoid the implications and maintain their illogical philosophical position.

Now, if anyone can attempt a serious, well thought out rebuttal in their own words, I'll be glad to read it tomorrow. Snarky ad hominem criticisms, red herrings, and accusations of deflecting will be treated with the contempt they deserve. I've stated the reasons why a description of Jesus in the Bible isn't a realistic expectation. I await some scholarly debate.:)

Location hidden

#713258 Apr 7, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, your "most" is not. While a significant fraction of Christians accept the science of evolution, the latest polls show somewhere close to 60% of Americans deny evolution. A sad fact, but true.
That would put most Christians believing in some form of creationism.
I would suggest as an alternative that if your numbers are accurate it translates to them not giving the subject any real thought. Its more of a reflexive answer.

“How You Treat Me”

#713259 Apr 7, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Custom wrench.
http://www.google.com/imgres...
More like a toilet plunger.

Location hidden

#713260 Apr 7, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
a hollow argument
<quoted text>
So, you have proof of your god? Good; let's see it.
He's been ask to produce it for hours now, it must be level 5 classified, cause he sure is having a hard time puttn it on the board!
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#713261 Apr 7, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
copied and pasted:(i am good at it :)
What Makes Christianity Different?
By Billy Graham
He is not here, but is risen.
—Luke 24:6
Something distinguishes Christianity from all the religions of the world. Not only does it carry the truth of the redemption, by the death of our Savior for our sins on the cross, but it carries the fact that Christ rose again. Only the Christian faith claims that its Leader died and rose again and is alive at this moment. Many gravestones carry the inscription,“Here lies ...,” but on Christ’s tomb are emblazoned the words,“He is not here.” Christianity has no shrines to visit, no dusty remains to venerate, no tombs at which to worship. Many good men have lived, and still live, in the memory of those who knew them, but there is only one Man who conquered death-Jesus Christ-and He will live forever.
Prayer for the day
The account of Your resurrection never ceases to bring me joy, Lord Jesus.
Notice the words "christian faith CLAIMS"in there?

Too bad it cant say PROVEs..

“How You Treat Me”

#713262 Apr 7, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is sorta like the Neapolitan ice cream of deity beliefs.
There's something in there that just about anyone can like, mostly, and if not, just add some theological toppings...
I'm going to the store for some ice cream.

Location hidden

#713263 Apr 7, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply ask rational questions, and the cristers debase and denigrate themselves and their religions all by themselves.
You still haven't provided ANY reasonable hard proof for ANY supernatural deity if any kind...please do so, or admit you are inept or lying in your statements..
<quoted text>
Well, here's your Big Chance to provide your evidence.
Go.
<quoted text>
Where's your evidence?
<quoted text>
Is *that* your evidence?
<quoted text>
I'd rather ask you. Where's your evidence?
You *do* have some, don't you?
Don't you?
Apparently you have vision problems as well.

Location hidden

#713264 Apr 7, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would appear that you consider yourself a christian.
christianity is an evolved belief system, based upon older mythology.
2000 years of modification and it is still ridiculous.
which "reinterpreted" bible do you hold as "truth"?
Every belief system evolves and you're free to hold whatever opinions you have.
I was quite clear as to what I believed.

“How You Treat Me”

#713265 Apr 7, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
He's proud of escaping punishment. That's not so difficult to understand, is it? No self-respecting "doctor" would actually be proud of "retiring" to a cesspool like Mexico.

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in curses? Could somebody that hated you have made you this miserable all day every day? It would be a rotten thing to do to anyone - a life sentence trapped in a tortured psyche with no hope of escape in this life.
I think the sick bastard just gets off on it. Some people are just plain malignant---I don't mean malicious, I mean *malignant!*---that way, and nanoanal is definitely one of them.

Location hidden

#713266 Apr 7, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> Oh btw what organized religion was that I belonged to? lol
Way to deflect from the real meaning of this conversation, which was you saying you had historical evidence supporting resurrection. where is it at? you got shyt dude..you gotta be one of them new age liberal christian fools..produce your evidence dude. oh I get it, you don't have any..you're all talk just like them other new age liberal christians, BS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min kent 591,429
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min waaasssuuup 4,821
News Baltimore riot police stirring up the heat 17 min RFD 25
Bruce Jenner will debut as Caitlyn Jenner' on J... 22 min RFD 10
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min Chrome duqquetto 100,236
'Caitlyn' Jenner fiasco is a REAL embarrassment... 33 min Doctor REALITY 2
News Bush job approval falls to 29 pct in new poll (May '06) 41 min swedenforever 69
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr stemaxgizmo 271,484
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 8 hr Neelakaran 1,477
More from around the web