Prove there's a god.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#713454 Apr 8, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Topix Atheist! Coalition of Freethinkers that all Freethink the Same! hinges upon their numbers so they pretend to be friends.
So far they've got like 11.
They're on their way up.
An accurate assessment,but they don't share any belief system right? No dogma. Its laughable.
My comments are directed at particular posters and not all non believers.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#713455 Apr 8, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Fact: Crucifixion was designed to be a torturous execution. A victim could survive for several days.
Fact: The Gospels say Jesus was only on the cross for a few hours.
Fact: It is more likely that he survived than that he died and came back from the dead.
The facts "are" that a crucifixion victim could last between several minutes up to three days. It depended on which organs or veins were pierced and whether they bled out immediately or slowly.

You make absolutely no sense, Gumby. None.

People die just as uniquely as they live.

Location hidden

#713456 Apr 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your delusion is showing. Only you seem to be able yo see it.....doesn't that tell you something about your mental condition?
To the contrary your relentless need to attack the beliefs of others more clearly exposes your own pathology.You should think about what compels you to consistently and reflexively denigrate others simply for having a different belief system.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#713457 Apr 8, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in a deity.
I don't think the earth was created in 6 days.
I believe in evolution.
I believe evolution could be the tool of creation by a deity.
I believe Jesus existed.
I believe there is legitimate evidence for the resurrection.
I believe these threads attract an unusually high percentage of angry people whose only intention is to insult the beliefs of others to feed their own egos.
I believe these threads attract many people whose atheism is motivated by revenge and the need to attack organized religion for being their persecutors by not accepting their alternative lifestyles.
I believe belief or not belief is a personal matter.
I believe these threads are the battleground for the fringes of both sides.
So tell me what organized religion do I belong to?
Yo Freebird.

We have not spoken before. I am Double Fine. The Shaman of Sexy, The Guru of Greatness, the Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla.

I would lile to ask you a few questions, if you do not mind.

1) Do you only see atheists attacking Christians?
2) Do you consider the atheist position one of anger?
3) Do you think it is possible to be angry at a deity you do not believe in?
4) If yes, are you angry at goddess Khali?
5) We may sometimes insult your religion, but do atheists ever prohibit you from going to church?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#713458 Apr 8, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
People have survived far more torture than Jesus put through. Ask a POW.
Once you've been planted on that stake you're as good as dead. Nobody crawls down off it and goes on to live.

Not all torture is meant to kill a victim. Crucifixion "is".

Count yourself lucky that you're too old and crusty to make it onto a flesh trafficker's list.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#713459 Apr 8, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
This will be the 3rd time on this thread I am suggesting reading William Lane Craigs evidence for the resurrection. I am not about to cut and paste the chapter of a book pages as some do. As for talking shyt I believe my take on some of these posters is spot on and their reactions bear it out.
Sorry Freebird. No can do. Does not work that way. You are more than welcome to argue some of his points, of course giving credit where due, but you telling us to go read that dude is like me telling you to read the God Delusion to prove to you that your religion is false.

Present an argument, vased on sources, then cite those sources. That is how we play

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#713460 Apr 8, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
Well, well, well...ain't you just the lil' bytch.
I told you his "logic" sucked, and showed you the link proving it, yet you show your under belly to that boar. Geez, what a wimp.
Bending over for a blackmailer is a good pose for you...say CHEESE!
Hey shut up. You never posted a link. If you had, I wouldn't have said you didn't post a link.

Go ahead and call me a wimp all you want, it doesn't offend me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713461 Apr 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Fantasizing in public again will not help tour failing credibility.
Your delusion is showing.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#713462 Apr 8, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't hear or see you now.
Who can't see or hear me now? lol

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713463 Apr 8, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
An accurate assessment,but they don't share any belief system right? No dogma. Its laughable.
My comments are directed at particular posters and not all non believers.
As are mine.

Yeah it's pretty laughable when they say they don't have a dogma or no belief system.

"no one has killed for atheism" gets thrown around here far too often.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713464 Apr 8, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Freebird. No can do. Does not work that way. You are more than welcome to argue some of his points, of course giving credit where due, but you telling us to go read that dude is like me telling you to read the God Delusion to prove to you that your religion is false.
Present an argument, vased on sources, then cite those sources. That is how we play
One question: How did you put a vase on a source?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#713465 Apr 8, 2014
Lowrider22 wrote:
I often wonder at someone is clinging to life and they have been a non believer, do they suddenly begin to pray and rethink the God religion thing
Wouldn't that be Hypocritical ?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713466 Apr 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Exactly....and YOU are soooooo familiar with/to tour "training" video's access.
with/to tour?

Eh?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713467 Apr 8, 2014
Susie D wrote:
Who can't see or hear me now? lol
Catcher1Rocco.....

~sniggers

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#713468 Apr 8, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
As are mine.
Yeah it's pretty laughable when they say they don't have a dogma or no belief system.
"no one has killed for atheism" gets thrown around here far too often.
Nobody has ever killed for atheism.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713469 Apr 8, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
The facts "are" that a crucifixion victim could last between several minutes up to three days. It depended on which organs or veins were pierced and whether they bled out immediately or slowly.
You make absolutely no sense, Gumby. None.
People die just as uniquely as they live.
Hey now, you can't argue with the great and wonderful, illustrious Ben. He's a master archaeologist and historian, university trained and university excelled. He's also selling a beach house in Arizona...

Location hidden

#713470 Apr 8, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo Freebird.
We have not spoken before. I am Double Fine. The Shaman of Sexy, The Guru of Greatness, the Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla.
I would lile to ask you a few questions, if you do not mind.
1) Do you only see atheists attacking Christians?
2) Do you consider the atheist position one of anger?
3) Do you think it is possible to be angry at a deity you do not believe in?
4) If yes, are you angry at goddess Khali?
5) We may sometimes insult your religion, but do atheists ever prohibit you from going to church?
Not at all.
1. There are equal opportunity attacks.
2. I consider particular atheists to be angry.
3. I think the anger is directed at religion and not the deity.The intent is to enflame the believers and it is acheived by insulting the deity as a tool to acheive that end.
4. I'm not angry at anyone at the moment.
5. I don't see a need for quid pro quo insults, ever. Unfortunately at times we are all dragged into it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713471 Apr 8, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Nobody has ever killed for atheism.
Says the Topix Atheist! Coalition Force.

History and fact say otherwise.

Decisions, decisions......

Location hidden

#713472 Apr 8, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the God Delusion and found it to be an angry rant as much as any kind of refutation of a deity. Dawkins is angry at religion.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#713473 Apr 8, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
There is more ancient evidence for Jesus than for Julius Caesar.
And yet there is no evidence whatsoever that confirms Julius Caesar or the Jesus! being gods. However, it was said both were deities...

After their death.

Your statement, "There is more ancient evidence for Jesus than for Julius Caesar", is based upon religious texts, some complete, incomplete, and fragmentary bits of text - the biblical account.

Secular references are brief, unable to be substantiated as to any claim to godhood, and are dubious in origin or veracity - as it relates to an actual person, IE; the Jesus! And again, still drawn - in origin - from biblical accounts.

Just for an example, using your comparison to Julius Caesar; under whose command were the Gallic Wars and Roman invasion of Britain conducted?

Good ole' JC.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallic_Wars
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar%27s_invas...

We even have writings done by Julius Caesar.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Works_b...

What did the Jesus! write or was said to have written?

Nothing.

What verified historical events can the Jesus be directly tied to?

Right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Rosesz 675,493
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Xtasty 110,012
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr lightbeamrider 4,079
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 hr awesome reality 46,189
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr UidiotRaceMakeWOR... 184,711
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 hr Holy God s Child 619,347
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 11 hr Tony 6,217
More from around the web