Prove there's a god.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#713317 Apr 7, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>RiversideRedneck wrote, "Seriously? He gave those instructions?"

Your friend is lying to you. I don't violate such laws because I have no reason to and plenty of reason not to. I have no idea how to get illegal plates, and no need for them if I did.My car has crossed the US-Mexican border just once: coming into Mexico. It was legally plated then, and it's legally plated now with Mexican tags. My few excursions back to the States have all been by air.

Nanoanomaly is very sick. Her psyche - what you might call her spirit or soul - is sick. She is probably the most repulsive person that either of us is familiar with. When I think of her, I picture a hissing, slithering creature something like Gollum - something not quite human, and brimming with anger, resentment, and hatred at all times. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =O_aziIIp8U8XX

She likes nobody - not even you - but she especially detests all unbelievers, and seems especially obsessed with me.
Did you reject her advances? That'll usually turn a poster.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#713318 Apr 7, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
If I ran into any agents of any government that conducted themselves the way the border patrol officers conducted themselves in this incident, not only would I not respect them, I'd take every legal measure available to me to see that they are held accountable for their reprehensible behavior.

Agreed.

There are many people here that simply don't want to even visit America any more, like those two Canadians must be by now. We are unwilling to be treated like that for no better reason than some little man who feels powerless elsewhere in his life has been given a little power by the state, which seems to have little interest in how such people behave or represent the nation. They are the face of America to most non-Americans, and they basically say to take your tourism and shopping dollars somewhere else.

A few years back, they seemed to have made a temporary effort to retrain airport personnel, who were driving the domestic airline industry into the ground. People simply were unwilling to fly through American airports, and it was easy to track just how much.

But they did nothing about the people who interrogate drivers at the border. There was nobody to complain about that, since the people harmed by that are spread more thinly and are hurt less obviously. That mall that those Canadians wanted to visit has no way to know that people didn't spend money there that day because of border guards, people that likely never will again, either.

The last time I was in an American airport, I was subjected to the same treatment as was common a decade earlier from a little person in uniform. I'm unwilling to put up with it, and as a result, my wife and I don't return to the places like Las Vegas, New Orleans, San Diego and San Francisco that we used to like to spend time in.

I doubt that places like those would be able to discern how much of their city's recession was related to related to losses in tourism attributable to the behavior of INS personnel rather than problems with the economy. Without an economic incentive, America apparently has no reason to want its border personnel to be friendly. Those people seem to be functioning as the human version of barking and snarling dogs patrolling the chain link perimeter of a property

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#713319 Apr 7, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Your friend is lying to you. I don't violate such laws because I have no reason to and plenty of reason not to. I have no idea how to get illegal plates, and no need for them if I did.My car has crossed the US-Mexican border just once: coming into Mexico. It was legally plated then, and it's legally plated now with Mexican tags. My few excursions back to the States have all been by air.
Nanoanomaly is very sick. Her psyche - what you might call her spirit or soul - is sick. She is probably the most repulsive person that either of us is familiar with. When I think of her, I picture a hissing, slithering creature something like Gollum - something not quite human, and brimming with anger, resentment, and hatred at all times. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =O_aziIIp8U8XX
She likes nobody - not even you - but she especially detests all unbelievers, and seems especially obsessed with me.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
OK. I'm unfriending him right now.

Fennario

#713320 Apr 8, 2014
Susie D wrote:
I never said anything about you other than you used an online calculator and copied the information from the website.
Disagree.

But how about just that right there? You know that that is a lie. No such calculator exists that will generate more than an answer. You cannot find one that will generate all of the intermediate steps I provided, and you must know that by now. Plus, you ignored my explanation regarding the ampersands and hashmarks, which were clearly limited to places where I had inserted the gas constant that I had selected and copied from a chart. I told you and showed you that, but you had no interest in it. You just continued making the same claim even now about me using a calculator and copying its output.

Sorry, but I consider that belligerent and unethical. You know or should know that you are wrong in your denigration of what was intended to be my gift to you. My standards for myself are much higher than those you ascribe to me, and my standards for you are also much higher than you have met with your repeated and repeatedly debunked allegations.
Susie D wrote:
You said far more harsh things to me and about me to cover up a simple math error on your part, but it is over and I wil give you the same type of honor you have shown me.
I said nothing about you that I didn't think was true. I said that you were treacherous. ungrateful, unable to feel remorse, innumerate, ill-mannered, and mentally unstable. Those words describe how you behaved.

The words you used to describe me such as fraud and cover-up are simply incorrect. There was no misrepresentation on my part, and nothing to cover up.
Susie D wrote:
This is a cease fire, but if you go back and read, you tried to malign my character on more than one occasion. This was a retaliation that was long over due and like I said, it was not aimed at you.
Your character?

Of course it was aimed at me. And retaliation for what?

Fennario

#713321 Apr 8, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
We are very very very very far apart on this. Did you even listen to the recording?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I got to the part where the agents asked the tourist to hand over the keys. I was sick of listening to that dude complain and be a smart ass for nothing.
What an amazing coincidence that that was exactly where my transcript ended as well.

I'm with Tide on this one, and you and I are very far apart. I was sickened by the recording as well, but by the border guard. I completely understood the reaction of the tourist. Free people don't tolerate such things if they don't have to.

Fennario

#713322 Apr 8, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
He said where to go to get them, approximate cost, etc. He promotes crime, remember? He's a fooking anarchist.
Can you support any of that? Of course you can't.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#713323 Apr 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Can you support any of that? Of course you can't.
Relax.

Listen to an acquaintance of mine. He knows a little bit about violins too.

He was like, "Hey girl, hold your head like this".

I was like, "Owww"

He said, "You'll get used to it."

Then he had the tip of my bow just below his Adam's apple.

He was like, "Aight. Shewww"

Fennario

#713324 Apr 8, 2014
scaritual wrote:
It doesn't happen just at border crossings. That type of reaction from law enforcement has become commonplace in the U.S. Anyone that thinks that we, as citizens, must immediately comply with the demands a law enforcement officer makes, ends up contributing to and supporting the continued loss of freedoms in this country. People who shout or whine that we must keep our borders safe, and that type of treatment is appropriate for people visiting here - because of a potential terrorist threat or terrorism - are fooling themselves, and again, contribute to the continued loss of freedom in the U.S.
I couldn't agree more.

Fennario

#713325 Apr 8, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion, what god is an ethical philosopher?
We don't of any.

Do you know who George Bush's favorite philosopher was?

Fennario

#713326 Apr 8, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Did you reject her advances? That'll usually turn a poster.
I don't know. Maybe. Who knows what would constitute advances from something like nanoanomaly?- when she's sober, I mean. We've seen her drunken lunges at male posters which are none too subtle. She generally ask them to pet her "kitteh." But sober, I can't say.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#713327 Apr 8, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
A Coastal Taipan would work. Let them pray that away. Come to think of it, that would be very persuasive evidence of their deity...
The Green Mamba is a beautiful snake. There are actually three species of Green (Eastern, Western and Jameson's Mamba -that has two subspecies). All three are very beautiful, I would say the one you find here, the Eastern Green Mamba takes the cake for the most handsome snake.
They are not nearly as aggressive as the Black Mamba, but they still belong to Genus Dendroaspis, so they are not to be toyed with. Their venom is highly potent and fatalities can be rapid. Plys, they are aboreal, so contact with humans happens seldom.
Oh, the inside of the mouth is pure white.
Did you mean this text?

Mark 16
17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

It's sad that people take this literally, that they even have snake handling churches in some parts of America. And I strongly doubt they use all the safety equipment I've seen the Reptile Park boys use when they "milk" the snakes in their show.

No wonder there have been some fatalities.
:-(

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#713328 Apr 8, 2014
<quoted text>I don't know. Maybe. Who knows what would constitute advances from something like nanoanomaly?- when she's sober, I mean. We've seen her drunken lunges at male posters which are none too subtle. She generally ask them to pet her "kitteh." But sober, I can't say.
I didn't see those myself but she/he/it certainly has quite a reputation around topix, from what I've read and although it's not something most women would do, offers such as 'pet my kitteh' certainly could be a come on to some.

*cringes*

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#713329 Apr 8, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
This will be the 3rd time on this thread I am suggesting reading William Lane Craigs evidence for the resurrection. I am not about to cut and paste the chapter of a book pages as some do. As for talking shyt I believe my take on some of these posters is spot on and their reactions bear it out.
Then, please, allow me to do so for you:

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/the-resurrecti...

Craig's "evidence" is laughable.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#713330 Apr 8, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, please, allow me to do so for you:
http://www.reasonablefaith.org/the-resurrecti...
Craig's "evidence" is laughable.
Thanks for that, ole dude wasn't about to post it.

Fact #2
#4 is what I don't understand, why they would place a woman as being the first to witness..

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#713331 Apr 8, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
So's Brittney Spears.*She's* more real than your jesus.
M'kay, pumpkin.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713332 Apr 8, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
There isn't one shred of any evidence of your phony jesus. Not a shred.
M'kay, pumpkin.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713333 Apr 8, 2014
karl44 wrote:
I also have the ability to laugh at you
But not at yourself.

Go figure.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#713334 Apr 8, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>They used to have snakes, wolves and a smallish wild cat, now they don't....because they killed them all. That is not luck.
You said you didn't like it when people killed off a species, but the Brits did exactly that and you called them lucky. That's hypocrisy. Make up your mind.
What dangerous snakes have they had? The common Adder is all they have.

Wolves and the feline was hunted into extinction, that is a pity. But what country has not caused severe devastation to its wildlife? Sure, the Brits hunted the wolves into extinction, but here in SA, our Big 5 was also in big trouble. Currently, we are fighting rhino poaching.

In the States, your numbers of bear and bison are declining and you have a major conservation effort ahead of you.

I said the Brits struck it lucky, because they have. Even if you add the wolf to the mix, there is not one animal in the entire British Isles that I would fear one on one.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#713335 Apr 8, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was doin OK until I got the Rubics Cube test. I almost got it but there was an errant white cube in the orange space.
I'm still trying.
Don't wait up.
~sniggers

Did you use the Rubik's Lube?

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#713336 Apr 8, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do Christians gather in Churches ?
So sane people don't laugh at them.
LOL
LOL! Good one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min kent 653,579
no strings sex in margate (Nov '10) 13 min yas79 68
"My anger wouldn't let me feel for a 'stranger'" 13 min andet1987 3
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 16 min andet1987 13
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min Annaleigh 106,464
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 21 min Buck Crick 63,262
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min Brian_G 281,811
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Steve III 618,740
More from around the web