Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#712681 Apr 6, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
I don't need pagan religion's virgin births and resurrected demigods to believe in Jesus of Galilee.
Nah, you just make up your own version.

Then call it fact.

Then call everyone who disagrees with you an idiot.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#712682 Apr 6, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
A sample midterm from a university history course:
Based on the following excerpt from Gregory of Tours' History of the Franks (circa 550 AD), extract as much information a possible. No less than 250 words.
" The nineteenth was I, unworthy Gregory, who found the church of Tours, in which the blessed Martin and the other bishops of the Lord were consecrated in the pontifical office, shattered and ruined by fire. I rebuilt it larger and higher, and dedicated it in the seventeenth year after being ordained; and in it as I learned from the old priests the relics of the blessed Maurice and his companions had been placed by the ancients. I found the very box in the treasury of the church of St. Martin, and in it the relics, greatly decayed, which had been brought because of their miraculous power. And while vigils were being kept in their honor I wished to visit them again by the light of a torch. And I was examining them intently when the keeper of the church said to me: "Here is a stone with a cover, but I don't know what it has in it and I haven't been able to learn from my predecessors who have had charge here. Let me bring it and you look carefully to see what it contains." I took it and opened it of course,­ and found a silver box containing relics of the witnesses of the blessed legion as well as of many saints both martyrs and confessors. We also found other stones hollow like this one, containing relics of the holy apostles and the rest of the martyrs. I wondered at this bounty divinely given and after, giving thanks, keeping vigil, and saying mass, I placed them in the cathedral. I placed the relics of the holy martyrs Cosmas and Damian in St. Martin's cell close to the cathedral. I found the walls of the holy church consumed by fire and ordered skilful workmen to repaint and adorn them with their er splendor. I had a baptistery built close by the church, where I placed the relics of the holy martyrs John and Sergius, and in what had been the baptistery I placed the relics of the martyr Benignus. And in many localities in the territory of Tours I dedicated churches and oratories and glorified them with relics of the saints, but I think it tiresome to speak of them in order.
I wrote ten books of Histories, seven of Miracles, one on the Lives of the Fathers; a commentary in one book on Psalms; one book also on the Services of the Church. And though I have written these books in a style somewhat rude, I nevertheless conjure you all, God's bishops who are destined to rule the lowly church of Tours after me, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and the judgment day, feared by the guilty, if you will not be condemned with the devil and depart in confusion from the judgment, never cause these books to be destroyed or rewritten, selecting some passages and omitting others, but let them all continue in your time complete and undiminished as they were left by us. And bishop of God, whoever you may be, if our Martianus has trained you in the seven disciplines, that is, if he has taught you by means of grammar to read, by dialectic to apprehend the arguments in disputes, by rhetoric to recognize the different meters, by geometry to comprehend the measurement of the earth and of lines, by astrology to contemplate the paths of the heavenly bodies, by arithmetic to understand the parts of numbers, by harmony to fit the modulated voice to the sweet accents of the verse; if in all this you are practiced so that my style will seem rude, even so I beg of you do not efface what I have written. But if anything in these books pleases you I do not forbid your writing it in verse provided my work is left safe."
Rote memorization my ass !
Copy/paste works for everyone.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#712683 Apr 6, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Accidentallu deleted some sentence in there due to the awful interface on Android. I cannot tell you how pathetic this app is. Note that there is a "u" at the end of accidentally... I am too scared to go and change it.
Well, if we are talking about decent christians, some of the ladies on the WSJLM thread are very kind. But on the more confrontational threads? They are thinly spread.
Lol as I read your message I am watching a show about snake handlers. They actually break the animal conservation law by catching some of these snakes! Plus, the poor snakes are stuffed into their pathetic cages. That is animal abuse right there. It is as if the laws just bounce off them. These "men of god" then joke about "that is a five year prison sentence"or somesuch.
Hmm. "They shall handle serpents". Yeah. I would really want to see these idiot jesus freaks perform a church service in South Africa. Not those sissy North American rattlers, I am talking Mamba and cobra.
So...you have a problem with snake charmers?

Location hidden

#712684 Apr 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He writes speeches and gives atheist sermons??
Yep.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#712685 Apr 6, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to the old guy at the DQ who always makes a point of poking me with his cane. Now that's character.
>:[
When he pokes you on the butt cheek, turn the other cheek for him to poke.

Verily, I tell you.

Location hidden

#712687 Apr 6, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF ???
That makes no sense at all.
Because you cut it in half, flamewad.

Location hidden

#712688 Apr 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I'm sure the Topix Atheists! could argue with regular atheists....
...barely.

Normal atheists are not obsessed with whatever another person's ideology "might" be.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#712689 Apr 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> the Freebird I got for you is flying in the air now! FK AZZHOLE!!
I've already thanked you for confirming my original post you don't have to continue demonstrating just how right I was.
gort

Germany

#712690 Apr 6, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I maintain that most Christians do not believe in nor attempt to follow the teachings of Jesus.
I believe in God and Jesus, I am NOT a Christian and pray I never am.
i know. i know. it is okay. there, there

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#712691 Apr 6, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. She was great.
Have you heard the one with Canadians trying to cross the border? It'll make your blood boil.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...
<quoted text>
I hope you'll be as happy with Mexico as we have been. My wife still returns to visit her father, but now that my parents are gone, I have no reason to return, and don't.
And you are correct. We feel much more relaxed here than we did our last few years living in the States. I bet you will, too. Life is simpler, we fell more at ease, the weather is better (we live a mile up in the mountains), and the economy may not be too good for earning, but it's excellent for spending.
It's also a relief to be psychologically disentrained from America. I've gone from being a political junkie of sorts to a guy who just doesn't need to pay attention any more, and I don't except for where it interests me, which is limited to political Christianity, which is mostly good news.
Yup. Been there -done that too.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#712692 Apr 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
ERV? What's that?
Endogenous Retroviruses. Look 'em up.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#712693 Apr 6, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already thanked you for confirming my original post you don't have to continue demonstrating just how right I was.
Again, that Freebird is still flying for you, only joined by the other one.. FK OFF! There's some more confirmation for you!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#712695 Apr 6, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>...barely.
Normal atheists are not obsessed with whatever another person's ideology "might" be.
True. I've never met a group of people like these Topix Atheists! that love to argue day in and day out about something they claim not to believe in.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#712696 Apr 6, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
Endogenous Retroviruses. Look 'em up.
I'll have to, I can't even pronounce that!

Location hidden

#712698 Apr 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I see you don't get sarcasm. Didn't you read what I was replying to? Don't wait long, you might miss the short bus..
It's called "tunnel vision", dontcha know?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#712699 Apr 6, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard it said it became the polar icecaps. So we may need another ark, one day.
Ever wonder where "aquarius" comes from?

Location hidden

#712700 Apr 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When he pokes you on the butt cheek, turn the other cheek for him to poke.
Verily, I tell you.
I was not born to entertain soft-serve, cone lizards.

:p

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Arcadia, CA

#712701 Apr 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Copy/paste works for everyone.
Especially for high school dropouts like you, Redneck.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#712703 Apr 6, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see any proof in any of that for the existence of this God you allege..
Well that's good, because I wasn't offering any. I was asking if you're skeptical of your own skepticism. You said that only retarded people are convinced of any concept they hold to be true in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Here is that post:
Reverend Alan wrote:
A normal person accepts when he is wrong but a retarded person continues to insist he is right even when all of the evidence is against him.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

If you hold this to be true, then you must be skeptical of your own skepticism. And I also have to ask if you're using the word 'evidence' synonymously with 'proof.' If you are, then you're in error. Evidence is what adds up to proof. No single piece of evidence can convince you of the truth for God's existence. Nor should it. That would be unreasonable. In contrast, requiring too much evidence is also not reasonable. If you need every question answered before making a decision, this isn't normal behavior or psychology.

So my question remains:

Are skeptical of your own skepticism? Or are you convinced there is no God?

Thanks for playing our game.

Next victim please.:)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#712704 Apr 6, 2014
It Aint Necessarily So wrote:
Have you heard the one with Canadians trying to cross the border? It'll make your blood boil.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti ...
Ya, that Canadian pissed me off, too. He would've had a much easier time coming to our country had he not been so confrontational with the cops.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min NotSoDivineMsM 30,982
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min kent 687,235
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min David S Pumpkins 286,549
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 3 hr Jack Pitan 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr lil whispers 619,792
Topix is run by a bunch of GAY LOSERS 8 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 9 hr Doctor REALIUTY 6
More from around the web